Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

immobolizer delete

33K views 52 replies 16 participants last post by  Stevenq 
#1 ·
other than the flashing of the ecu to remove the immobolizer, is there any other work arounds anyone has come up with?

Thanks!!

#3 ·
I've seen it. The version I had, you had to sacrifice a key (I had it for my remote start, but its gone now). You would put a spare key into the unit and leave it inside the car wired up to your ignition. It would "Replicate" the signals produced by the key and let the car start (You would have to wrap the ignition with a single wire that acted like an antenna). They have other ones that store the key's signals so that you don't have to leave the key in the car.

#4 ·
how much was the box?
if its too much i think ill just get slava to flash it for me

#7 · (Edited)
You can change the ecu perephery values to get rid of the wastegate solenoid and fuel sensor/relay trouble codes we get from the ECU swap. I saw it over on evom and have been driving for a week now and no codes.

Perephery 0 = 56D2
Perephery 1 = 0009
Perephery 2 = 4DDF
Perephery 3 = C0C0

This also disables EGR functions, evap. emissions functions, and immobilizer.

#8 ·
ok ibought the cable im going to try these asap the cable comes in :)

#9 · (Edited)
I just uploaded those periphery values listed above, and it worked!
Here is a screenshot of the emissions checks..... Now the catalytic converter won't pass until I can actually drive, and not just idle there in the parking lot. But here you go

before I uploaded these values I had the wastegate, fuel pressure, and another SES, I think the last one was p0090 or something like that. Anyway, it doesn't matter as they are gone! I guess there is no point of posting that screen, because it is just blank anyway.

*note* just realized that I posted the the wrong screen, this is the OBDII emission check screen, but the other screen that checks for the MIL light was blank anyway.

#10 ·
did the immoblizer option work? :)

#16 ·
youre gonna have to help me steadly! i hope i get this ecu flash cable soon. the stupid immoblizer is the only reason my car wont even power up the fuel pump
grr

#19 · (Edited)
from the fsm:

"The immobilizer system consists of the ignition key,
the key ring antenna, the immobilizer-ECU, and the
ECM <M/T> or PCM <A/T>. The ignition key has a
built-in transponder. The key ring antenna is installed
on the steering lock key cylinder. Only the registered
ignition key permits the engine to start, therefore, the
engine can never be started by means of a forged
key or by connecting the ignition wiring directly. The
system is significantly safe and reliable against theft.
In addition, the driver has only to turn the ignition
switch to the "ON" position to activate the immobi-
lizer system. If the requirements for starting the
engine are not satisfied, the engine will be immobi-
lized. If a registered ignition key is lost, all your igni-
tion keys need to be registered again using scan tool
MB991502 (MUT-II) to ensure security (refer to
P.54A-28.). An additional ignition key can be regis-
tered as follows (only if no ignition keys are lost):"

according to these, the immobilizer activates asap its on the on position..

you guys sure?? my immobilizer unit and key match, however ecu is not matching right now..

#22 ·
I'm sure thats what it does because my car was doing that when I would start it without the correct transponder. (Start like normal, shut off over time, flash green key symbol in gauge cluster)

Filling in the code with FFFF could just be a filler for those who do delete their immobilizer, but entering FFFF does not actually delete it... so just because you have that doesn't mean your immobilizer is disabled, it just suggests that.

The case where you do have FFFF but do not have a disabled immobilizer is when you get your ROM from someone else who has changed it to FFFF to protect their own immobilizer code. And why is it HEX FFFF? Isn't 0000 nothing? lol

#23 ·
Subscribed, and dualy noted.

#24 ·
what do i add to the xml definition file to make this work!!!

#25 ·
i tried all of those periphery codes in the definition rommetdata from logicgate.. and i still am throwing a code P0513 which is P0513....Incorrect Immobilizer Key

#28 ·
i put in the new definitions (using logicgate's xml definitions) -- then restarted ecu flash, then reopened the hex, then entered the codes by clicking the "edit", then "set data", then 0xwhatever

#30 ·
yay flashbluers actually was the guy i sold my ecu to. he just gave me the immobilizer code and it all works now :)

#31 ·
what are you definition files like (the guys who got this working with success.)

i can't seem to get this to work. its annoying me!!

#36 ·
yea but those periphery values dont work on stock 3g roms
so we made a rom that is based off the 94170015 ecu and interpolated and copied some data from the oem 2003 eclipse rs rom over :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.