Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

immobolizer delete

33K views 52 replies 16 participants last post by  Stevenq 
#1 ·
other than the flashing of the ecu to remove the immobolizer, is there any other work arounds anyone has come up with?

Thanks!!

#42 ·
Not everybody knows how to edit HEX. Yes it eliminates the XML, but then your XML still isn't right. Why not fix the XML if its the problem?

Seriously... how many people on here can be taught to edit an XML quickly? Probably alot more than can be taught to read/edit HEX in the same manner of time. Editing HEX in only better if you know how to do it already, IMO.

#44 ·
I didn't have problems getting things to work. Zee's was giving him problems, I gave him my definitions and it worked. Not that difficult.

Why don't you give us all a writeup on how to find and edit the parameters manually? Anybody looking to learn could benifit, and also include how to define ROMs, as I assume its all relavent information. :yesway:

#48 ·
ok.. i have a 2001 ecu in a 2000 eclipse gs auto the ecu is from an o1 gs auto.. i need to delete the immobilizer in the unit. im very new to this and the open port 2.0 that i bought came with 0 instructions.. ive read up and down the forums and i cant seem to figure out where im going wrong.. when i hook up the port in my car it reads it then says unknown rom image.. i tried to go through with one of the preloaded definitions but it doesnt pop up any charts or anything .. or any options to drop the immobilizer.. i would be willing to send someone a few bucks for some of their time in helping me figure this problem out as im without a car until this is fixed.. thanks so much

#50 · (Edited)
ive edited the xml i believe.. changing the phe to 0x000 in a rom i found for a 2001 .. it just wont let me send it to the ecu for some reason.. in fact it wont let me read off of my ecu anymore either.. i dont know what the hell is going on

its reading .. it still wont start.. i changed the immobilizer to 0x010 not sure if that is correct or if i have to find other lines to change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.