Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

what other manual transmissions will interchange with a 2000 Eclipse GS 2.4? I need 1

27K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  3star 
#1 ·
I bought a 2000 Eclipse GS with the 2.4L and manual transmission. The transmission is definitely making some serious racket, but I got a good deal on the car, so I couldn't pass it up. What other transmissions will interchange with my current setup? I looked on car-part.com and they're showing 2000 only, which sucks because most of the places want over $1000 and they're pretty damn far away. Any help is appreciated. If anybody has a good one for sale, let me know, I'm in Akron, Ohio.

#8 ·
2000-02 match each other
2003-05 match each other

the speed sensor changed between them so you cannot put a 2003 in a 2002 car... if you want your speedo to work (and vice versa)

#10 ·
2000 sebrings have chrysler 604 auto trans. 2001-03 stratus, eclipse 2.4 mt, sebrings didn't have a 2.4 mt, only a 3.0v6 mt (lxi model)

#13 ·
Please help. I have a 2003 eclipse manual n need to know what year model I can swap the tranny out with another I was told I could use a 2000 manual eclipse. Also I heard that they used different tranny from other cars for that year. What can I do. Can't pay for a rebuild tranny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.