6G74 Mild Port & Polished Powder Coated Intake Manifold
6G74 Mild Port & Polished Throttle Body
Powdercoated Multiple Brackets & Valve Cover
Ingalls Stiffy Torque Damper
Energy Suspension Motor Mounts
Precision 6176E Oil-Cooled Turbo
TurboXS Manual Boost Controller
Tial 38mm External Wastegate w/ 3psi spring
Greddy Type-S Blow Off Valve, custom powder coated top.
Ported Exhaust Manifolds
3" Turbo Downpipe
Modified Concepts N1 Full 3" Catback Exhaust
Front Mount Intercooler
Mishimoto 2" Aluminum Radiator
2 12" Pusher Fans
482 MAF Swap
4.5" MAF Adapter w/ Dry Air Filter
Evo IX MAP Sensor
DriftEffects Oil Catch Can
B&M Oil Cooler 5.75 x 11 x 1.5
Permacool 182 Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter
Aeromotive 1:1 Fuel Pressure Regulator
Precision 550cc Low Impedance Fuel Injectors
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump

**Suspension, Brakes, & Drivetrain**
Drag DR-12 Wheels - 18x7.5, 5x114.3, +45 Offset
225/40/18XL Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport Tires
Megan Racing Adjustable Coilovers
Rear Camber Kit
Rear DC Strut Brace

Power Stop Slotted & Drilled Front Rotors
Power Slot Pro Stop Slotted & Dimpled Rear Rotors
Hawk HPS Brake Pads
Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Powdercoated & Rebuilt Calipers
Eclipse Brake Caliper Decal

Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel

**Interior & Electronics**
A-Pillar Triple Gauge Pod Cluster
AEM Digital Wideband Guage w/ Datalogging Cables
Autometer EGT Gauge & Probe
Autometer Boost Gauge
03-05 GT Black Gauge Cluster Swap
Tactrix 2.0 USB Flash Cable
EvoScan & ECUFlash Tuning Software
02 ECU Swap - 01 Big Maps Tune

Optima Red Top Battery
Full Battery Relocation Kit to trunk
Big 3 Wire Upgrade (Alternator, Starter, Engine Ground)
Pioneer CD-Player
Sony Xplod 6½ Door Speakers
Sony Xplod 6x9 Rear Panel Speakers
Eclipse 12" 750rms@2 ohm Subwoofer
Kicker 250watt@4ohm amplifier

Swapped to all black interior w/ Cloth seats
Red Molded Carpet Custom Fitted Front & Trunk
Red Headliner Custom Fitted
Red Sunvisors Custom Wrapped
Sickspeed Pearl Red Shift Knob
Painted Misc Interior Red to Match

**Exterior**
5000k Xenon HID Kit
Black Sonar Projector Headlights w/ Halos
TYC Black Tail Lights
Sonar Smoked Turn Signals & Reverse Light & 3rd Brake Light
VIS XtremeGT Carbon Fiber Hood
Black Painted Fake Vents on Front Bumper
Kia Dark Red Rose Custom Paint with Red Stripe

*** Future Mods List ***
->The Secret Sauce<-
EVO Style Carbon Fiber Hood
VIS Carbon Fiber Hatch
272 Camshafts
Kicker 6.5 fronts, 6x9 rears

*** Awaiting Install ***
Shine Street Lip Kit
V-Line Spoiler

---Most Recent Car Photos (Updated: 10/27/2012)---

---------------------------------------------------Original Post------------------------------------------------------------

Well guys, it's been about a year since I first joined the forums, and now I'm finally getting back on my car like I've been planning. I'm making this post as a build thread and to post all of my ideas and to get ideas at the same time.

Right now I"m in the process of stripping down the car to what I can stand to drive it with now, then adding everything I want in it. First of all, the stupid ass spoiler had to go. Really didnt fit my taste. Along with that, I took 300lbs of subwoofers & speaker box & amps out of the back. It raised my suspension back to where it should have been, and I need the weight reduction because I want performance more. I plan to add a small 10" sub in the back in the future.

Next I'm going to remove the racing seats and all interior panels. I'm going to put stock black panels & stock black leather seats back in it if I can find some. I'm going to need to find a parts car most likely.

After I get the interior back to stock & add the small single subwoofer, I plan to take it to a body shop to get a few things fixed. Clear Coat on my carbon fiber hood is chipping off, my rear bumper is cracked, I have holes where the spoiler was mounted, and I need a lip put on the front bumper to match the side skirts.
Along the way of getting this done, I'm going to have my eye open for any turbo parts as I begin to piece together a turbo kit. I plan on doing something that may not have been attempted yet, but I'll keep it as a surprise for the community until I get started on it. ;)

For anyone that cares or wants to see, I keep the most recent pictures uploaded on Photobucket here: Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

See less See more
#2 ·
A turbo build and something that may not have been attempted yet? I'm interested. Hopefully you go about this soon so I have something different to look at.

#3 ·
Wheels are sexy. Its good that your taking out the riceness that was there before. Keeping it simple yet very Original. Due to the side skirt and rear, I would say a WW lip would work better then the SS. Fixing all your problems and then maybe taking out the red little strip. Beauty-ful!

#4 · (Edited)
I decided since I have two other cars to drive I'd go ahead and strip the interior, so with the exception of the dash, everything is out of the car. I pulled out about 200 foot of wire (just guessing) from what the previous owner had use to run 8 tweeters, 4 speakers, 4 subwoofers, 2 amps and a couple dvd screens, in addition to underglow and some other wires for something I still haven't figured out. After payday, I'm going to the local junkyards and see what all I can use. I want all stock black panels, a new dash since mine is cracked, steering wheel, leather seats, seat belts, and maybe the carpet. I'm thinking about ordering a red carpet though and getting black floor mats with the red Mitsu logo with Eclipse wrote on them.

#6 ·
Since you are planning on replacing the dash, I recommend the '03-'05 Sebring coupe or Stratus coupe dash. Its a direct fit, minus the gauge cluster. But a little bit of modding you can get the eclipse gauges to fit the stratus dash. Or if you want to really do it right, use the gauges ment for the stratus dash.

Good luck with the build and hope to see more pics!

#9 ·
The PO was obviously a ridiculous ricer but i must say i do like the doors. Idk bout that stratus dashboard and cluster considering ive never seen one inside a 3G, but if they say its good i can vouch that it is, they know best. My Question I guess really would be, are you just trying to go Clean and Well Modified or Crazy Sexy Show Car with Tons of Mods and original ideas. You said in your OP that you might be going for something no one has done so I ask that because that would help us in giving you good suggestions like the stratus dash, or fancying maybe even utilizing the fact that you have all these subs and etc. You can custom make a mold to fit in the back of the trunk with the speakers and woofers dvd screens etc. That would be true, original stuff, the whole wooden box with your speaker is just tacky, but i would utilize having all that stuff the tht previous owner left behind. Cooking the riceness and adding beans.
Just suggestions

#12 ·
I'm not sure about changing the dashes from another car.. It's definatly something to consider however. When I go to the yard I'm going to see if I can find a stratus or sebring to look at and see how I feel about it.. but one things for sure I dont want other logos covering the car. It's a Mitsu Eclipse and frankly, I like it that way. :)
My goal is to basically go "Clean & Well Modified". I dont want a show car but dont want to be ashamed to show off anything either. What I plan to do that "may" not have been attempted to a 3g eclipse is all under the hood and has very little to do with interior design.
My probe has plenty of audio for me so I'm not concerned with audio here, nor dvd screens and ect... I'm concerned with engine performance and suspension stability for this car, but at the same time keeping the car comfortable to ride in and trying to keep it smooth.

This is the dash that's being talkd about

#14 ·
The 03-05 dash (2.5g like mine) doesn't have the same gauge faces, as you can see in the pictures. There are no aftermarket gauge faces and to change the color it's not just a simple swap of bulbs. In order to change the color you need to remove 7 or so surface-mount leds and re-solder new ones in. Also instead of cracking the foam on the dash usually warps up due to heat so it will be somewhat hard to find one that isn't warped. I'm not sure if the speedometer cluster will work either since the style wasn't offered at all in the eclipse. :dunno: And doing the double-din is a PITA but if you're going all out like it seems that would probably be the least of your troubles :lol:

#18 · (Edited)
Finally got a bunch of little goodies for my car. I managed to get my hands on almost all of the interior, and the best part is its all black with the exception of the sunvisors.. which mine doesn't even have right now!! I was going to get seats but we were having trouble getting them out of the car, so I decided not to go through too much trouble for them since they werent leather. Also grabbed all the bolts and clips I needed too! All this for $100. I'm quite satisfied. :ndance:
As of now for the interior, I'm lacking all the seats (which I want black leather), I'm going to redo the headliner red, buying new red carpet, I'm running new speaker wires directly to the radio, I need to get my hands on the plastic interior pieces for the trunk, and I would like to find a mint condition dash to replace my cracked one. I'm also considering going back to the yard and getting a speedo cluster I saw out of an 03 GTS and take the black backing out of it and put in mine. :)

Oh, and I grabbed the gas lid assembly off the other car. I have to say the stock one looks very nice, and I seriously wonder why anybody would change this!!

#19 ·
Wow, great price on all that stuff.

Btw, why dont you just get the cluster and install it in your car? It sould work just fine.

Also, like i told many people on here, if there is something you need let me know. I am almost always at a yard and can get many different parts.

#26 · (Edited)
I've been slowed down with the holidays, but I've been able to get some stuff done within the past couple days. My carpet & Headliner stuff shipped in on the 23rd, and I've been trying to get it all put in.. I plan on finishing installing my carpet & headliner tonight. I may also get the trunk finished up & get the rear carpet installed.

I took out the sunroof & completely cleaned it up.. It seems like some of the plastic around the track wire has crumbled and all of the pieces of it have spread about the sunroof tracks & the window motor making it difficult to work.. I completely disassembled it & cleaned everything I could, sprayed some WD40 on the hard to work parts, cleaned it again and packed it with some sunroof grease. It is working SO MUCH better now. I dont have to push it to make it go back anymore, it does it on its own now, but I do still have to push it up a little bit to get it to pop up.

I relocated the battery to the trunk on Christmas. I really wanted to give my car a present so I did lol.. It took a while, but I got it figured out and I dont seem to have run into any problems with it. 2ga wire runs from the positive batt to the engine compartment & bolts to a stud. An 8ga wire runs for a spare ground to the engine compartment & bolts where the original ground does. I also have a 2ga ground bolted to the frame by the battery for extra security. I know it doesn't looking that great yet, but I had to make sure what I was doing was going to work good before I made it all look good. I'll go back & make it look clean when I get done with all of this.

As of parts to get, I'm still looking to get Seats, Black Trunk Panels, Shift Knob, & a Dash if I can find one with no cracks. I'm also going to be looking into getting gas/brake/clutch pedal covers, a spoiler (considering stock), the black background for the guage cluster, stock steering wheel & air bag. & a rear strut brace. I'm going to be doing some custom work to some of the small interior pieces that dont come in different colors, such as the sun visors & the mount tabs for them. I'm considering getting just some cloth seats because I haven't come across any black leather ones yet locally. If I get the cloth seats I'm sure I can get them coated with leather at a local shop later & get 'Eclipse' etched in the headrest like I really want.

Oh, and for you guys that havent checked your cabin filter.. I suggest you do it. After 10 years, those things can get really nasty. Look at mine for example. Definatly getting a new one!

If you guys have any suggestions let me know. Thanks

#29 ·
You're definitely turning this car around. Didn't think I'd like red carpet/headliner, but from the pics you've posted I think it will actually look really good.

I also see some prothane motor mounts and a very interesting Zex nitrous kit.

#31 · (Edited)
I was skeptical about the carpet & headliner myself, but it turned out beautifully. The pictures just don't do justice for it, or at least my phone doesn't take the clearest pictures. It looks much better in person and it's so soft. :)

I installed the motor mounts when I first bought the car due to 3 busted mounts and I love the prothane mounts. I have very minimum wheel hop sometimes. I'll be looking into a stiffy in the future. The Zex kit will come in use in the far future. It'll probably be the last thing I reinstall on my engine when I get done. ;)

#32 · (Edited)
Done with the carpet in the front & trunk area. Gonna make a trip to the yard soon & see if I can scavage some more pieces.

And to show my love for the car & engineering, and my dedication to the whole project I have in mind.. I decided to get tattoo for it lol. Call it what you want, I love my car. :)

#33 ·
And to show my love for the car & engineering, and my dedication to the whole project I have in mind.. I decided to go ahead & get tattoo for it lol.
:shock: For real?!

#37 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the positive responses & tips guys. I really appreciate it :)

As a matter of fact, I did have some difficult time lining up the holes.. It appears to be easy to cross-thread them because a couple at the junk yard were cross-threaded when I took them out. I just had to play with them for a couple minutes til I got it right & could thread them down with my fingers.

I have the same alloy cap on my car. I don't know if you knew it or not at the time, but the gas cap you had before was originally stock, just upgraded OEM. I think it was like a $50 add on to dealer when ordering the car. Not sure on price now, but you really just went from alloy OEM to plastic OEM. Nice either way, just a little bit of info. Great job on the carpet, looks great!

EDIT: Also, looking back at your trunk, you can use black shoe polish to renew your interior plastics, I redid mine for about $10 and they turned out great! Theres a thread on the forum about it already, but I cannot remember the name of it.
I didn't realize the old gas lid I had was a stock option.. It was kinda stained anyway.. i guess it could've been polished though.. I really like the one I have on it though :lol:
Thanks for the tip with the shoe polish.. I'll look into doing that. One of the pieces I got from the yard today has a blemish on it so I'll see if I can work it out or something with some polish or maybe some of that Back to Black stuff.

Well guys, a little bit of an update here.. Made a trip to the yard this morning and asked to see all the 2001-2005 Chrylser Sebring & Dodge Stratus 2-door coupes.
Fortunately, they had one of each. In the stratus we pulled the seats out & got to thinking about it, and went and disassembled the seats in the Eclipse I was pulling on before & put the stratus seat rails on it & now I got a set of good seats. Only prob is they're a little faded so I'm considering dying them, or using them temporarily til I can get my hands on some black leather. None of the cars we looked at had leather seats period. Oh, and I had a local interior shop quote me $1500 to have my seats wrapped in Katzkin two-tone leather.. bit overpriced I believe.
I finally managed to get everything except for a good dash with no cracks. I had grabbed a shift knob too but somehow lost it on the way out, probably buy a good aftermarket one or purchase from someone on here. So hopefully I'll have it completely put back together in a week or so after I get the seats done & I'll finally be driving my baby again. :)

Everything is dirty as hell in these pictures, but I've already cleaned it all up & it all cleaned up well. For $125, I landed with all this. Including the gauge cluster I was wanting the black background out of. Pleased yet again. :)

#36 · (Edited)
I have the same alloy cap on my car. I don't know if you knew it or not at the time, but the gas cap you had before was originally stock, just upgraded OEM. I think it was like a $50 add on to dealer when ordering the car. Not sure on price now, but you really just went from alloy OEM to plastic OEM. Nice either way, just a little bit of info. Great job on the carpet, looks great!

EDIT: Also, looking back at your trunk, you can use black shoe polish to renew your interior plastics, I redid mine for about $10 and they turned out great! Theres a thread on the forum about it already, but I cannot remember the name of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.