Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

The Chronicles of Sophie

68K views 800 replies 114 participants last post by  Drunkoffjuic 
#1 · (Edited)
So I've bought my 2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS in 2009 and I absolutely love it. I came across this forum several months ago and ever since I am constantly on it looking for ideas and learning from everyone. I've been hesitant to show you guys since I hit a stupid deer in November going from NorCal back home to Idaho, in Oregon doing 60, and it's not very pretty right now. But I've figured to just do it and get some feedback. Plus today has been the warmest day of the year (at only 69ish) so It was perfect for taking some pics:)
So feel free to comment/make suggestions/criticize. :p

Modifications:

Interior:

-Black leather interior swap w/ custom white cross-stitching
-Heated seats
-LED interior swap: Red.
-Dome light LED: White
-Door triggered white LED footwell lighting
-Color matched headunit remote
-Color matched painted door panel strip
-Black dyed door panel armrests
-Black dyed arm rest
-Black dyed/painted seat plastics
-CF vinyl wrapped convertible top pillars

Audio:
-Pioneer® AVH-P4300DVD headunit
-Video brake bypass
-Rockford Fosgate® P1694, 6x9 speakers
-Rockford Fosgate® P1652-S, 6.5" component speakers
-Rockford Fosgate® P400-4, 4 way amplifier
-Rockford Fosgate® P500-2, 2 way amplifier
-10" Sony® sub, until I get the P2

Exterior:
-New paint color: Summit White
-Dual Halo Projector Headlights
-Modded '03 stock tail lights, black with LED rings
-New signal markers
-Black 3rd brake light w/ red LED bulb
-Painted red calipers
-5% tint all around
-Backup Camera Installed
-Debadged
-Color matched gas cap
-Yellow fog light tint
-Black taillight tint

Wheels/Tires/Suspension:
-19" x 8.5" +32 Stern ST-5 gloss black wheels
-Color matched Summit White lips
-Federal 225/35/ZR19 rubber bands
-Gloss black tuner lugs
-Powder coated gloss black center cap rings
-Custom "Kobe" logo center caps
-D2 Racing Coilovers
-Ingalls rear camber kit
-Moog front and rear end links
-Rolled fenders/quarters

Beneath the Bonnet:
-Injen annodized red cold air intake.
-New spark plugs
-New spark plug wires
-Replaced valve cover gaskets
-TYC A/C condenser
-New radiator

Purchased, not yet installed:
-Prothane motor mounts

Future Mods:
<strike>-AEM/Injen intake</strike>
<strike>-D2 Coilovers</strike>
-Brembo swap
-Powerslot slotted rotors
<strike>-19" Stern ST-5</strike>
<strike>-Rockford Fosgate P1694, 6x9 speakers</strike>
<strike>-Rockford Fosgate P1652-S, 6.5" component speakers</strike>
<strike>-Rockford Fosgate P400-4, 4 way amplifier</strike>
-2 Rockford Fosgate P2 subs
<strike>-Rockford Fosgate P500-2 amp</strike>
-Rockford Fosgate P132, 3.5" speaker for dash
-Modified custom front bumper
<strike>-New leather. Black</strike>/white inserts
<strike>-Paint some interior components</strike>
<strike>-heated seats</strike>
-Redlinegoods armrest cover and ebrake cover
-Put my NES in it, maybe
-new reverse lights

Suggestions accepted

Don't really want to put much into performance since it's an automatic:dunno:

But let me know what I should look into:p

Can't find a pic from the day I got her, but heres what I started with.. if you ignore the messed up front end. haha. Nice and stock and in a tree;)

So here are some pics from when I started my members ride thread (this is after I hit a deer):

Damn Oregon deers!:rant2:

Dual halo projectors. I know, that lining thing around it needs to be taken care of:happysad:

Top down

My goal is to keep my Eclipse original, clean, and respected by the Club3G community:)

See less See more
#5 ·
The Chronicles, a 2003 GTS Spyder Dover White Pearl? I guess I should be flattered.

I thought you sold your 3G. :squint:

#16 ·
I got some presents in the mail!

New bumper came in Friday, then the fender the next day:ndance:
The bumper doesn't have the indent things for the Mitsu emblem, so I'll just have to go without it now.

Next to arrive is the hood. And my buddy Mark and I should be starting with the body work here this week or the next. So stoked!:)

#26 ·
What am I, made of money?:lol: But I'm working on it;)

Do you know if leatherseats.com is a respectable source of new leather on these forums? I haven't seen too many people going away from their stock leather or cloth. It's about $700 for new leather for my car so i'm hoping I'd be getting my moneys worth.

#28 ·
So the new hood came in today.
It's bitter sweet though.
As I'm not so sure about the fitment and a small section near the bolts where the hood is attached is bent:rant2:

Here's some pictures though:

Maybe this gap will close up a bit with the new fender:scratch:

Also, I really need some help with this from you guys. So here's what I'm dealing with under the hood due to the accident. As you can see, it's pushed inward and down. Not good:facepalm:

The guy helping me fix my car says we can pull out all that bended part of the radiator support. Do you think that'd be a plausible, more cost effective way? Or should I buy a new radiator support to make the fix go smoother? :dunno: It's about $180 for a new one I think.

On a different note, looking at the car with this hood on helps me picture my car with a CF hood. And i must say, I think it would look pretty good:)

(and let me know if the pics are too big)

#33 ·
the core support on my strat was too far gone to fix, we actually had to hook it to a tractor and pull it out to get the radiator and fans out.

I don't recommend you use that method. lol but they are fairly tough. yours looks like it should straighten out okay.

Putting the new one on the strat was a PITA. we didn't put it on a rack, but we took a good amout of time measuring to make sure it was right. It turned out to be straight :) but my dad also has years of expirence putting front ends in classics. with out him I never would have been able to do the core support.

Good luck with your repairs!!

#35 ·
Thanks!:) I'll keep you guys updated as I make progress. I see a lot of potential in my car, so it'll get good:p
But good to know about the whole radiator support thing:yesway:

Love the headlights. I see that you already bought a hood. The carbon fiber would actually look good since you have the black convertible top.

What kind of rims are you thinking about? Congrats on your purchase!
I think once my car is repaired, I just might save up and get a cf hood:)

As for the rims, right now I want to get 18" Stern ST-5 wheels. Same one's that treehead has:yum: Those have exactly the spoke style I want, although if i find some just like those but without the little silver bolt things that go around the wheel, I'll take those instead. (if that makes sense)

#37 · (Edited)
You wouldn't mind if i end up getting the same wheels as you, would you?:wub:

As for the bumper, I really want to give it a different grill. Not sure how to explain it. Like make it a bit bigger to give it a more aggressive look, and set it apart from all the other eclipse's in my area.

I came across this pic on here the other day, so something similar to this:

Minus that lip.
And that opening looks like it may have sprung with a little inspiration from an Evo X:

And here's another car I'm using for inspiration, it's a VXR8:

So yeah, basically it's the black grill/opening that I'm talking about. Molding it out of fiberglass probably. The fog light holes will probably no longer be there. I'm still thinking about what to do with them though.

Not sure how crazy this sounds, but I have a huge imagination so in my head this is going to look great:p Haha.
Let me know what you think.

#39 ·
So here's the update on my car. Last Monday and Tuesday, Mark and I got the radiator support straightened out as good as we could. Took both the days but well worth it. Got the bumper cover and the hood on it now.
Next week hopefully we will get started on the body dings and dents, put the new fender on, and get her ready for paint:ndance:

But for now this is how she stands:

Fitment didn't come out too bad:yesway: we will make any adjustments before we get it painted.

Ps. Does anybody know where I can get that plastic thing that goes in the bumper cover opening that guides the air up? Goes here:

I have no idea what it's called:scratch: But I need to find one.

#42 ·
Thank you!
Not sure why, but a lot of my friends want me to paint it black for some reason:scratch: lol But I'm planning on painting it white. Not sure exactly the color name, but think of Treehead's car type of white. So no more pearl dover white, or whatever it's called:)

Looks really goood! You just have the stock hood painted black thats what I wanted to do
Thanks! It's suppose to be "primed ready to paint" :D But i'm assuming it's the same thing pretty much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.