Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Immobilizer delete needed

22K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  dennisrobbins 
#1 ·
Yup, I need an immobilizer delete done please. Its definition 96720009, and I can email you the rom, just pm me your email address.

Thanks ahaead of time.

#20 ·
Need help got P1610 code.

My daughter just bought a 00 Eclipse with a 2.4L. I have spark and have checked all relays and jumped fuel pump. All seem to be working fine. The fuel pump does not work when you turn the key. I ran a scan and got the P1610 code. What do I do next? I am brand new to Mitsubishi. :rolleyes:

#21 ·
My daughter just bought a 00 Eclipse with a 2.4L. I have spark and have checked all relays and jumped fuel pump. All seem to be working fine. The fuel pump does not work when you turn the key. I ran a scan and got the P1610 code. What do I do next? I am brand new to Mitsubishi. :rolleyes:
I'm not sure why you picked this thread but:

DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) - P1610 MAIN RELAY HIGH VOLTAGE

Know your Circuit

The principal relay will be grounded to ECM internal ground by ECM controlling, the moment the ignition switch is turned to ON.
If the voltage plummets to a level below a calibrated value a system voltage Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will automatically be set

Pre-requisites for setting the DTC

This DTC can be housed in "key-on" status.
Main relay wiring harness is in high voltage.

What happens when DTC sets?
When will DTC clear?

1) The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) will start to glow.

1) The MIL will turn off automatically after four consecutive ignition cycles in which the diagnostic will perform flawlessly.

2) The ECM will record operating conditions when the diagnostic fails which will be stored in the Freeze Frame and failure records will buffer
2) A history DTC will clear after 40 consecutive warm up cycles without a fault.

3) A history DTC is stored
3) DTC(s) can be cleared with the aid of a Scan Tool.

Diagnostic Tools

Inspect harness connectors for the following:
1) backed-out terminals

2) Improper mating

3) Broken locks

4) Improperly formed or damaged terminals, and

5) Poor terminal-to-wire connection at the ECM.

Also examine the wiring harness for damage.
If the harness is undamaged then note the A/C pressure exhibited on the scan tool while moving the connectors and wiring harnesses associated to the ACP sensor.
The location of the fault can be estimated if there is any change in the A/C pressure display.
Scrutinizing the Fail Records vehicle mileage at the time the diagnostic test last failed may help understand the frequency in the condition that caused the DTC to set if DTC P1610 cannot be duplicated. This may assist in diagnosing the condition.

SUMMARY OF STEPS TO BE UNDERTAKEN

DTC P1610 - Main Relay High Voltage

Step
Process
R E S
U L T

Carry out an EOBD System Check.

Task Over?
IF YES

THEN

Follow Step 2
IF NO

THEN

Go to "On-Board Diagnostic System Check"

Disconnect the main relay.
Measure and note the resistance between main relay terminals 85 and 86.
Note: the value at this point ranges between 75 to 85 ?

Do you see that the resistance is within the specified value?
IF YES THEN Follow Step 3
IF NO

THEN

Follow Step 6

Turn on the ignition switch to LOCK.
Examine the ignition feed circuit, at terminal 85 in the relay harness connector keeping the test light, connected to ground.
Does the test light illuminate?
IF YES

THEN

Follow Step 4
IF NO

THEN

Go to "Diagnostic Tools"

Again turn the ignition switch to LOCK mode.
Remove the ECM wiring harness connector.
Examine the ignition feed circuit, at terminal 85 in the relay harness connector keeping the test light, connected to ground.
Do you see the test light glowing?
IF YES

THEN

Follow Step 5
IF NO

THEN

Follow Step 7

Correct a high voltage between the ECM wiring connector terminal 7 and main relay terminal 85.

Task Over?
IF YES

THEN

Follow Step 7
-

Change the main relay.

Is the change done?
IF YES

THEN

Follow Step 7
-

Clear the Diagnostic Trouble Codes(DTCs) taking a Scan Tool.
Start the engine and idle at normal operating temperature.
Run the vehicle within the conditions stated for setting this DTC as mentioned in the supporting text.
Does the scan tool indicate that this diagnostic has been run and passed?
IF YES

THEN

Follow Step 8
IF NO

THEN

Follow Step 2

Check if any additional DTCs are set.

Are there any undiagnosed DTCs shown?
Go to applicable DTC table
The System is operating fine

#23 ·
have a 00 eclipse 2.4 5 speed with code p0513. i need to know what i need to do to fix this. the car has complete 03 engine trans and wiring including engine harness, dash harness, interior harness, and pcm. I do not have the original key to the 03 donor car. so please tell me what i need to buy and what i need to do, to do the immobilizer delete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.