Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

furikuri's 2001 GT

6K views 49 replies 16 participants last post by  furikuri 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Mike (furikuri) here and I've been lurking these forums for awhile now and figured I would post my ride. Unfortunately my 2003 GS was totaled and I lost most of my work that i put into it but stuff happens and I got a 2001 GT now.

GS summer 2012

Drunk driver slammed into my rear end and launched me into a suv...

My 2001 GT covered in salt

Covered in salt and ice

Interior

Engine Mods
- AEM CAI
- Optima Red Top Battery
- Aluminum Transmission Link Bushings
- Megan Racing SS
- ES Bushings
- 3" Exhaust

Interior Mods
- JVC KDR530 with Metra connector and mount
- ADD Gauge Faces
- White LED Conversion
- Pioneer TS-T110 Tweeters

Exterior Mods
- Smoked Reverse Lights
- Clear Turn Lights
- Yellow Fog Lights
- EvoIX Rims
- Sonar Headlights
- Benevento Sunroof Deflector

Suspension
- Megan Tie Bar
- Megan Lowering Springs
- KYB GR-2 Struts/ Springs

Maintenance
- Alternator
- Redline MT-85 Transmission Fluid

Future Mods
- Big 3 upgrade
- Prothane Motor Mounts
- Rear Sway Bar
- Tint
- Carbon Fiber Hood (OEM maybe?)

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm sorry to hear about your GS and I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt, that sounds like a bad accident. The GT looks good (I would say clean but it's really dirty haha). Clean it up and take some new pics when you get a chance. I'm sure you'll have it looking like your GS (or better) real soon.

#8 ·
Nah, I gave the 03 up since at the time I needed a car asap so I had to take money from the insurance company to buy another. I would have rather had the car sit until spring and fix it. I took the stereo system out, swapped springs out, and swapped the wheels out. Those are all going on the GT.

Love the evo 9 wheels! Ive tried to find them for myself but lowest price i found was 600 lol. Are they on your newer 3g? or do you have plans to put them on?
One of my buddies who has an Evo 9 hooked me up since he got some Evo 8 Enkeis.

This is the Evo 9's on the GT. Took this picture this morning, freaking -4 out.

#21 ·
Changed my oil today and emptied about 6 quarts out of it...whoever filled this car up before I got it is a idiot...

Anyways few things came in the mail today

Yellow fogs

Clear turns

Smoked reverse

EvoVIII transmission linkage bushings

And stopped by my storage during the week and picked up my headunit and my extra 3.5" center speaker.

Planning to install everything once it gets in the 50's to 60's

#33 ·
I too had to cut my little shifter linkage bushing out - it was completely seized on there. The big one popped right off.

A word of advice because I have the exact same exhaust - make sure you wash under your car really well after driving in the rain or salt/snow. The eBay ad states it's stainless, and maybe it is, but it's a very shitty percentage or weak alloy of "stainless". Mine is rusted at the seams on the muffler and along the bottom facing the road surfaces.

Stainless steel my ass :jerkit:

#35 ·
I hear ya haha. That's why I wasn't too bummed about it, it's only $125 for a 3" exhaust; but that also means you know it must be low quality. Nevertheless, I absolutely love it and I think it sounds just as good if not better than a lot of friends' Apexis and Invidias.

By the way, what is your Avatar from? I keep seeing her everywhere. Tryin' to hit that. :lol::lol::lol:

#37 ·
Love the evo 9 wheels. If I could get rid of my 8's and find a decent set of those for a good price, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Clean car, my only suggestion would be to get rid of the headlights. They are probably the worst ones available for the 3g. Go with Sonars or Depos. I like! Keep it tasteful :yesway:

#40 ·
Gotcha. Another one I always see is this one:

#42 ·
Been thinking about putting a new clutch and flywheel in. I'm going to be getting a fidanza flywheel. Now I don't plan on doing a bunch of power upgrades so should I go with a Exedy Stage 1 Organic clutch or just get the Exedy OEM replacement clutch?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.