Rollcage 2000-2005 Eclipses - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 3G Eclipse General Discussion
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11/22/2007, 08:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ah yes...

Vehicle: 00 GT RIPP STG.3 & EVO X
Clipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wide
Send a message via AIM to Clipse3GT Send a message via MSN to Clipse3GT
Rollcage 2000-2005 Eclipses

I found a company that makes rollcages for the 00 Eclipse among other cars. I contacted the company directly and indeed they make custom roll cages for our cars. For people that are interested in this. The cages are either bolt in or weld in..

APPLICATION YEAR(S) BOLT-IN U-WELD
Eclipse, Talon 00 83974 60974C

Bolt in: $830+100 shipping

Weld in: $380+100 shipping

Autopower Industries - Roll Cages

I am planning on order one soon. So I will let everyone know how it goes.
Clipse3GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11/22/2007, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse GT 98 explorer
WesGT should be considered a regularWesGT should be considered a regularWesGT should be considered a regularWesGT should be considered a regularWesGT should be considered a regularWesGT should be considered a regularWesGT should be considered a regularWesGT should be considered a regularWesGT should be considered a regularWesGT should be considered a regularWesGT should be considered a regular
cool which one are you going with?
WesGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/22/2007, 09:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ah yes...

Clipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wide
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesGT View Post
cool which one are you going with?
I was thinking of going with the Bolt-in. Just for the fact that it will be easier to modify if anything. Rather then having something welded in and making it a lot harder to change things around. Both a SCCA approved, so whatever floats your boat. Plus welding inside a car can be tricky so I dont feel like messing around with that.

From the pictures I seen they look high quality made from DOM .120 tubing.
Old 11/22/2007, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
My snail is bigger!

Vehicle: turbo V6 Galant
WarmAndSCSI : who are you?WarmAndSCSI : who are you?WarmAndSCSI : who are you?
They have one for a MIRAGE, but not a Galant.

Because the motorsport history of the mirage is just SOOO rich. Jesus, I picked the wrong car to mod.
WarmAndSCSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/22/2007, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Vehicle: 04 NSX, 10 Murano, 08 Alt
HIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by all
Ya, I've seen them before but I'm looking to find someone who actually has one installed. There are a few on the board who have one, but I want to see actual installed pics so I can see the mounting points, etc.

I've asked.. but of course.. the few who do have it either don't have access to a digital camera (it's 2007, I call BS on that), or say they'll take some pics and you never hear back.

Autopower offers a few other options for bolt in cages that are all reasonable in price. I think the most practical option they offer is the "Street" one.
HIJACKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/22/2007, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ah yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIJACKER View Post
Ya, I've seen them before but I'm looking to find someone who actually has one installed. There are a few on the board who have one, but I want to see actual installed pics so I can see the mounting points, etc.

I've asked.. but of course.. the few who do have it either don't have access to a digital camera (it's 2007, I call BS on that), or say they'll take some pics and you never hear back.

Autopower offers a few other options for bolt in cages that are all reasonable in price. I think the most practical option they offer is the "Street" one.

Well I will be ordering mine next week. So I will definitely post some pictures up of the install and stuff, and hopefully add a How To:

I thought that the "Street" option was for their Roll-Bars ant not their Full Roll-Cages. That's at least the answer I got directly from them.

Eitherway, to me it looks like they offer some high quality products and they have pretty good costumer service. I know a few people are looking to get roll-bars or cages here, so I figured I would post up some information.

Its nice to see finally more stuff coming out for this car 8 years after its release I just realized my car is 8 years old, wow.
Old 11/22/2007, 10:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
SoCal3G

Vehicle: 3.5L 00 Eclipse GT
Killa_Kev : who are you?
theres a guy from socal who had this in his car.

heres the only pics he showed of it. but he no longer has it. car got totaled.

sorry it doesnt show much.

[IMG][/IMG]

Killa_Kev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/22/2007, 10:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ah yes...

Wow. That looks like really nice quality roll-cage. Much better then anything I could fab up around my garage. I got to say it looks really good installed. Very top quality, I'm impressed.
Old 11/22/2007, 10:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT 5spd
McDzzl5 : who are you?McDzzl5 : who are you?McDzzl5 : who are you?McDzzl5 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to McDzzl5
my friend has one in his integra gsr. he got it from ioportracing.com
Old 11/22/2007, 10:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
SoCal3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipse3GT View Post
Wow. That looks like really nice quality roll-cage. Much better then anything I could fab up around my garage. I got to say it looks really good installed. Very top quality, I'm impressed.
yes its very nice. they did a very goodjob on it. if u get it, powder coat it. his was painted. and didnt look good painted.

Old 11/22/2007, 11:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

HIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_Kev View Post
yes its very nice. they did a very goodjob on it. if u get it, powder coat it. his was painted. and didnt look good painted.
I personally would paint match it to the car color.. that was my plan initially. Either way, I'll most likely do this around Jan/Feb after the holidays are over with and I finish moving to the new house.
Old 11/22/2007, 11:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Turbo/Haltech V6

Vehicle: 00 Eclipse GT-T
Chato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regular
Thanks for the info.
Old 11/22/2007, 11:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
SoCal3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIJACKER View Post
I personally would paint match it to the car color.. that was my plan initially. Either way, I'll most likely do this around Jan/Feb after the holidays are over with and I finish moving to the new house.
but it scratches easly. lets say u take it apart. ding 2 pipes together or what not and its sratched. but paint matching it would be very nice.

Old 11/23/2007, 12:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
New daddy

Vehicle: 2000 Northstar White GT
MattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends here
The bolt in cage would be easier to deal with. It has only a sigle side tube and there is no bar that would go through the dash. However, the weld in cage would be safer, as it would be harder to break welds away from the body than bolts. An a down side it doesn't look like the weld in cage has the tubing fishmouthed. Who knows the pictures could be vastly different from what is actually offered. One thing to consider is the amount of clearance between the seats and the door trim with the stock seats? BTW, I thought there has been some form of cage available for our cars for at least the last 5 years or so.
MattS00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/23/2007, 02:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

I want to see how the driver side bar comes down by the a-pillar. I want to know how much space it leaves for a 3 guage pod. Also, the exact mouting points for the two rear bars, interested to see where that is.
Old 11/23/2007, 07:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 GT
destro : who are you?
Not to badmouth anyones car because the sparcos with that cages looks BADASS. But for safety reasons seatbelts shouldn't loop over the cage then to the floor. They should go to the cage. IIRC it will cause spinal compression in the event of a rollover or serious crash.

On a side note do alot of guys use these cars for scca type racing? Or is the silver car running 11 second 1/4 mile times which will require the cage?
Old 11/23/2007, 07:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
SoCal3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by destro View Post
Not to badmouth anyones car because the sparcos with that cages looks BADASS. But for safety reasons seatbelts shouldn't loop over the cage then to the floor. They should go to the cage. IIRC it will cause spinal compression in the event of a rollover or serious crash.

On a side note do alot of guys use these cars for scca type racing? Or is the silver car running 11 second 1/4 mile times which will require the cage?
show is most of the reason. that then saftey. you never no when doing a canyon what could happen.

Old 11/23/2007, 08:00 PM   #18 (permalink)

Kinda figured show. A stripped interior and racing seats with a cage makes a car look sick but can you justify the cost of a cage for a 16 second car?
Yeah safety does come into play don't get me wrong but the weight loss of that stripped interior is long gone when you put a cage in a car that doesn't have the power to back it. not to shit talk or anything just discussion.
btw whats a canyon other than a land form?

Last edited by destro; 11/23/2007 at 08:06 PM.
destro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/23/2007, 08:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
SoCal3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by destro View Post
Kinda figured show. A stripped interior and racing seats with a cage makes a car look sick but can you justify the cost of a cage for a 16 second car?
Yeah safety does come into play don't get me wrong but the weight loss of that stripped interior is long gone when you put a cage in a car that doesn't have the power to back it. not to shit talk or anything just discussion.
he had to take out the door pannels because the seats wouldn't fit. so he said "that since i had to take the door panels out why not everything else".

Old 11/23/2007, 08:26 PM   #20 (permalink)

Oh well now it all make sense

Last edited by destro; 11/23/2007 at 08:36 PM.
destro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/24/2007, 09:25 AM   #21 (permalink)

Vehicle: 00' GT 5 spd
stilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends here
I have a 4 point if you want pics. let me know!
stilwrks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/24/2007, 02:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
Ah yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilwrks View Post
I have a 4 point if you want pics. let me know!
Yeah piost up some pictures please.
Old 11/24/2007, 03:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Vehicle: 04 GS Silver sporty
04gsNA has a few friends here04gsNA has a few friends here04gsNA has a few friends here04gsNA has a few friends here04gsNA has a few friends here04gsNA has a few friends here04gsNA has a few friends here04gsNA has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to 04gsNA
Quote:

04gsNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/24/2007, 06:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Psychotic

chino seems to be okaychino seems to be okaychino seems to be okaychino seems to be okaychino seems to be okaychino seems to be okaychino seems to be okay
Quote:
theres a guy from socal who had this in his car.

heres the only pics he showed of it. but he no longer has it. car got totaled.

sorry it doesnt show much.

[IMG][/IMG]

Kev I have that now remember?
chino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/25/2007, 11:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
Ah yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino View Post
Kev I have that now remember?
Post up a few pictures of how it looks from different angles. Thanks
Old 11/25/2007, 11:19 AM   #26 (permalink)

stilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends herestilwrks has a few friends here
Quote:
It will take a while, maybe this afternoon I'll have time!
Old 11/25/2007, 12:20 PM   #27 (permalink)
Psychotic

chino seems to be okaychino seems to be okaychino seems to be okaychino seems to be okaychino seems to be okaychino seems to be okaychino seems to be okay
Quote:
Post up a few pictures of how it looks from different angles. Thanks

Ill take some latter today.
Old 11/26/2007, 09:37 AM   #28 (permalink)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hope this helps?
Old 11/26/2007, 01:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Ah yes...

Nice roll bar. Looks good, but why repaint the floor if you want to cut weight?
Old 11/26/2007, 02:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Vehicle: 04 GS Silver sporty
04gsNA has a few friends here04gsNA has a few friends here04gsNA has a few friends here04gsNA has a few friends here04gsNA has a few friends here04gsNA has a few friends here04gsNA has a few friends here04gsNA has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to 04gsNA
Im going to add a harness bar to mine, and I even love the black color
04gsNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/26/2007, 02:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
Psychotic

Quick note the 6 point cage requires that you take out the door panels, and the roof liner. and the seats have to be slim, I have torino's and I cant use the full cage because the seats are two wide.
Old 11/26/2007, 05:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
Ah yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino View Post
Quick note the 6 point cage requires that you take out the door panels, and the roof liner. and the seats have to be slim, I have torino's and I cant use the full cage because the seats are two wide.
You could alwats mod the bracket holes and make them more oblong then slide the seats in if you need like half inch or something. My seats are pretty slim so I doubt it will be an issue.
Old 12/02/2007, 07:03 AM   #33 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Vehicle: R32 Nissan Skyline GTR
kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.
Send a message via AIM to kabob Send a message via MSN to kabob
I can't stress enough how effing stupid of an idea it is to have a bolt-on rollcage. You are playing with your life with them. The bolts WILL shear in the event of an accident that causes a rollover, especially as the unibody shell of a car such as the Eclipse distorts from impact. Do it right and get a full weld-in cage that is SCCA and/or NHRA compliant.
kabob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/02/2007, 10:54 AM   #34 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 T/A, '12 Regal GS
NHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
show is most of the reason. that then saftey. you never no when doing a canyon what could happen.
Show is a terrible reason to put a rollbar in a car, and unless you wear a helmet and 5 point harness when driving with the bar, it's alot LESS safe then without a bar. You can pad the bar, but if your head smacks it in an accident, enjoy being spoonfed for the rest of your life. Don't put a bar in there unless your required to by a sanctioning racing body.
NHRATA01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/02/2007, 01:10 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
I can't stress enough how effing stupid of an idea it is to have a bolt-on rollcage. You are playing with your life with them. The bolts WILL shear in the event of an accident that causes a rollover, especially as the unibody shell of a car such as the Eclipse distorts from impact. Do it right and get a full weld-in cage that is SCCA and/or NHRA compliant.
As stated above I fully agree with your statment!
Old 12/02/2007, 09:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
Kai
Relapsed.

Vehicle: 95 Eclipse GSX
Kai seems to be okayKai seems to be okayKai seems to be okayKai seems to be okayKai seems to be okayKai seems to be okayKai seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post

Because the motorsport history of the mirage is just SOOO rich. Jesus, I picked the wrong car to mod.
Eh if i would of known that i would of sold you my 97 mirage de four door. Just sold it to my cousin for $300. back on track nice find on the roll cage.
Old 12/03/2007, 07:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
turbo? unf unf!

Vehicle: fd rx7
zeeshan seems to be okayzeeshan seems to be okayzeeshan seems to be okayzeeshan seems to be okayzeeshan seems to be okayzeeshan seems to be okay
Send a message via ICQ to zeeshan Send a message via AIM to zeeshan Send a message via MSN to zeeshan Send a message via Yahoo to zeeshan
who makes that cage stilwerks?

i need a weld in one that i can just weld and is all prebent
2008 -- built 4g64 w/ evo 8 head, gt3582r
2009 -- 3g back to stock (daily driver) + 93 fd rx7 gt35r project
2011 -- 93 fd rx7 v8!
zeeshan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/06/2007, 08:50 PM   #38 (permalink)
Engineer/Realist

Vehicle: 2000 RS
malachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post

it is buddy, do a little research.

car on diet, but still stock = 15.58
2006 FASTEST ECLIPSE RS/GS STOCK
2006 FASTEST ECLIPSE RS/GS N/A

2008 NEW RECORD, RS/GS N/A = 15.2

2009 DOHC + 10psi = 14.0 @ 101.89MPH
2009 DOHC + 15psi = 13.3 @ 108MPH

2010 DOHC + ~psi = 13.05@ 102MPH

FOR SALE - PM ME
2000RS-Turbo is my cock sucking bitch! NEG HIM!

BLACK OPS
10-0 "one in the chamber" - FLAWLESS
malachi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 3G Eclipse General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.