Clean Wideband o2 Sensor? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 3G Eclipse General Discussion
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05/28/2008, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Vehicle: 13psi 6G72
ahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to ahspimp023
Clean Wideband o2 Sensor?

My AEM UGEO has been acting up lately, so today I reconnected it and made sure all the wires from the gauge to the o2 Sensor were good and they were. So my car has been running bigger Injectors (310cc) without the SDS for a month or so and has been running rich. I believe that this has clogged the Sensor up so I was wondering what is a safe way to clean it, and the stock ones as well since they probably are not in the best condition.

I know that I can buy the new o2 Wideband Sensor for about 70 bucks, but I would first like to see if this will work!
ahspimp023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05/29/2008, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse Spyder GS AT
reallyniceguy sucksreallyniceguy sucks
Send a message via MSN to reallyniceguy
I just clean mine witha dry rag. Cant use water or gasoline. these sensors are to sensetive.
reallyniceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/29/2008, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
mumbles the madman

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
2kgteclass : who are you?2kgteclass : who are you?
i wouldnt even try to clean one unless it was a last resort before buying a new one but if you are going to attempt to clean it, I would suggest the safest thing to use to be CRC's Electric Parts Cleaner. Autozone sells it as well as most parts stores and it is what I use to clean IACs and Hotwire MAF sensors.
2kgteclass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/29/2008, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt

Vehicle: 2001 Spyder GT (silver)
MarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by many
I would ONLY use a clean rag or a clean paper towel to wipe the black carbon off the sensor tips. No liquids at all. This goes for all types of O2 sensors (wide/narrow). Honestly though, I would check the control module ground/power before cleaning the sensor itself.
MarkSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/29/2008, 04:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

ahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC[Spyder]GT View Post
I would ONLY use a clean rag or a clean paper towel to wipe the black carbon off the sensor tips. No liquids at all. This goes for all types of O2 sensors (wide/narrow). Honestly though, I would check the control module ground/power before cleaning the sensor itself.
The power and ground are fine and so are all the wires to the Sensor, but the fucking car always reads 14.9 so I know its clogged and I have been running these bigger fuel injectors without the SDS so I believe thats what caused it.
Old 05/29/2008, 04:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
stupid booster

Location: claysburg, camden, martinsburg, bridgeport, addison/dallas.
Vehicle: Single snailed spyder
icemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to icemanrld19
If its staying the same the sensor is prob done. On my drive to FL i backfired bad and it totally fucked mine up. Constantly reading the same number all the time
icemanrld19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/29/2008, 06:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanrld19 View Post
If its staying the same the sensor is prob done. On my drive to FL i backfired bad and it totally fucked mine up. Constantly reading the same number all the time
Yepp sometimes it will hit 14.8 but mostly 14.9, O well they go for 70 bucks on eBay so I will just go that route when the SDS is back on.
Old 05/30/2008, 12:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

A back fire messed up the sensor? what kind of cheap o2 sensor did u get?! lol I got an aem
Old 05/30/2008, 04:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallyniceguy View Post
A back fire messed up the sensor? what kind of cheap o2 sensor did u get?! lol I got an aem
Read the post, its a AEM UGEO, and no you do not have a AEM sensor because they use Bosch 5 Wire Wideband Sensors, AEM does not make a sensor, n00b.
Old 06/03/2008, 02:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have an AEM UEGO gauge with sensor..

Same thing as I have...

so yeah its the SAME THING..

LOL

n00b

AEM gauges and the sensors are two different things.

I meant I have the sensor that came with it.. my car has backfired lots of times when I was running lean and the sensor is still good. The sensors have a warranty.

Unless the sensor was really REALLY close to the primary exhaust manifold.. but then again what smart person would do that right?

I got mine at the bottom when the two headers connect on a boosted klze.

Last edited by reallyniceguy; 06/03/2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06/03/2008, 04:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallyniceguy View Post
I have an AEM UEGO gauge with sensor..

Same thing as I have...

so yeah its the SAME THING..

LOL

n00b

AEM gauges and the sensors are two different things.

I meant I have the sensor that came with it.. my car has backfired lots of times when I was running lean and the sensor is still good. The sensors have a warranty.

Unless the sensor was really REALLY close to the primary exhaust manifold.. but then again what smart person would do that right?

I got mine at the bottom when the two headers connect on a boosted klze.

Never said you do not have the AEM Gauge, I simply said you do not have a AEM Sensor, its Bosch Wideband 5 Wire. Anyways it does not matter, if the gauges get to clogged or old they have to be replaced. And mine needs to be replaced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 3G Eclipse General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.