Plug wire diagram for 3.0L V6 is incorrect in Haynes Manual - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 3G Eclipse General Discussion
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11/24/2004, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

darece01 : who are you?
Plug wire diagram for 3.0L V6 is incorrect in Haynes Manual

The Haynes Mitsubihi Eclipse and Eagle Talon 1995 thru 2001 repair manual has an error on page 1-2 in the diagram for the 3.0L V6 distributor wiring order. Plug wires 3 and 5 are reversed in their diagram. Wires should attach to the the right side of the distributor(facing the distributor) from the top down 3-5-1 instead of 5-3-1 as shown.

Last edited by darece01; 11/24/2004 at 06:28 PM.
darece01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11/24/2004, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2005 350z
Chase2000gt has a few friends hereChase2000gt has a few friends hereChase2000gt has a few friends hereChase2000gt has a few friends hereChase2000gt has a few friends hereChase2000gt has a few friends hereChase2000gt has a few friends hereChase2000gt has a few friends hereChase2000gt has a few friends hereChase2000gt has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to Chase2000gt Send a message via MSN to Chase2000gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by darece01
The Haynes Mitsubihi Eclipse and Eagle Talon 1995 thru 2001 repair manual has an error on page 1-2 in the diagram for the 3.0L V6 distributor wiring order. Plug wires 3 and 5 are reversed in their diagram. Wires should attach to the the right side of the distributor(facing the distributor) from the top down 3-5-1 instead of 5-3-1 as shown.
Chase2000gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/26/2004, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
FOH Q

Vehicle: expensive exotic cars
Goph should be considered a regularGoph should be considered a regularGoph should be considered a regularGoph should be considered a regularGoph should be considered a regularGoph should be considered a regularGoph should be considered a regularGoph should be considered a regularGoph should be considered a regularGoph should be considered a regularGoph should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to Goph
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG THANK YOU!!!!!!! now i will know this if i ever have to work on my distributor wiring!!!11!!1onE1!!!!
Old 11/26/2004, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Vortech > VTEC

Vehicle: 1993 Nissan 240SX
slavetothemuzic : who are you?slavetothemuzic : who are you?slavetothemuzic : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to slavetothemuzic Send a message via Yahoo to slavetothemuzic
That's why I pulled my wires and ran them one at a time.
slavetothemuzic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/27/2004, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bow To The Hiro

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT, 5 spd
NateDawg2002 : who are you?
Yeah, thanks to that damn book, I tore apart and put back together my intake mainfold three times when I was doing my plugs and wires.....bastards.
NateDawg2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/27/2004, 11:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
OMFG

Vehicle: Cars
NAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to NAPALM
.....and yet everyone keeps buying these shit manuals when the REAL service manual is available online for free.......... Good work guys!!!
NAPALM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/13/2005, 01:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

darece01 : who are you?
Hey they finally corrected it. NOT!

Haynes choose to remove the detailed yet incorrect diagram and replace it with a less detailed diagram which only marks the location of plug wire #1. Even if they had correctly marked it, which they did not, I suppose someone would then incorrectly draw the conclusion that the plug wires attach to the distributor in the same sequence as the engine firing order.

Although you will find the engine firing order listed in the online service manual I don't think you will find the pin out diagram for the distributor. So don't make the mistake of trusting the Haynes manual. Use a TRUSTED source of information or break out the mirror and flashlight and read the numbers directly off the cap.
darece01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 3G Eclipse General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.