Recondition title? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 3G Eclipse General Discussion
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07/12/2007, 04:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

casey69 : who are you?
Recondition title?

Has anyone ever bought a car with a reconditioned title? I found an '03 gt with 35,000 miles on but it has a reconditioed title. It looks great from the pictures. I'm probably gonna go look at it and give it a test drive and see.
casey69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07/12/2007, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
RS rocks!

Vehicle: 09 Lancer GTS
mstabil : who are you?mstabil : who are you?mstabil : who are you?mstabil : who are you?mstabil : who are you?
Send a message via Yahoo to mstabil
show us some photo of the car or link of it
Old 07/12/2007, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

casey69 : who are you?
eBay Motors: Mitsubishi : Eclipse (item 190130758323 end time Jul-20-07 07:41:47 PDT)

here is an ebay link to the car
casey69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/12/2007, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

1raptor needs to be reminded to breathe.
Mine has a Salvaged title 01 GS Spyder for $6K the interior was stripped which is why it was salvaged but I got to see pics of it before it was finished. if it would have been flooded or wrecked I might not have bought it. I wouldnt even think about it unless you know what was done to the car if it was wrecked I would want to see pics before it was fixed and know who did the work. A test drive would be a must. (The airbags were replaced with airbag covers for cosmetic purposes) so does this mean that it doesnt have working air bags now??? The car looks real good in the pictures but be careful

Last edited by 1raptor; 07/12/2007 at 04:45 PM.
1raptor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/12/2007, 07:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sehnsucht

8 Ball Champion Champion!
Vehicle: 2013 370Z
Zrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be new
Send a message via AIM to Zrocks04
honestly, sounds like a fancy name for a salvage title. i would run a check on that vin and see just what made it be reconditioned. also if is from anywhere in the south, beware of katrina damage. that car looks like it has seen better days, judging from the photos
Hey what's up guys...quick question. I know its 2 quarts of oil for the rear diff when replacing fluid but thats conventional oil. Since I'm putting synthetic, it may require more. I couldnt find any info on this so I would like to know what the amount of quarts with synthetic would be for the rear diff. Thanks in advance.
Zrocks04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/12/2007, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Resident Asshole

Vehicle: 2010 Civic
Crow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to Crow
The seats look really worn for only having 35k miles.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/12/2007, 08:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2009 Subaru WRX
Jambolito : who are you?Jambolito : who are you?Jambolito : who are you?
Send a message via Yahoo to Jambolito
"You will be hard press by the condition of this eclipse, however it does have a Texas Recondition Title (previous salvage). The front end was removed and replaced, headlights, hood, bumper and fender were replaced. The car was repaired by a professional so you can't tell and it drives great with no funny noises at all. The airbags were replaced with airbag covers for cosmetic purposes. "

well.....was half the car smashed up? couldnt that fuck up the frame...I dont know a lot about crashes, but i would definitely want some "before" pictures, and a good contact number for the professional that repaired it.
Jambolito is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/12/2007, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

txgt : who are you?txgt : who are you?txgt : who are you?txgt : who are you?
It looks like it went head first into a lake/creek by the sounds of everything I'm hearing. Plus, look at the service manual, the condition of it implies water damage.
txgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/12/2007, 11:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Vehicle: 00 GS, 97 Corvette, 04 Ti
cyp65 Really needs to MTFOcyp65 Really needs to MTFOcyp65 Really needs to MTFOcyp65 Really needs to MTFOcyp65 Really needs to MTFOcyp65 Really needs to MTFOcyp65 Really needs to MTFOcyp65 Really needs to MTFOcyp65 Really needs to MTFOcyp65 Really needs to MTFOcyp65 Really needs to MTFO
I like the "cosmetic covers" that replaced the airbags. I didn't think that doing something like that was legal.
cyp65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/13/2007, 02:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fossilized Member

Vehicle: '03 Spyder GuTS
rc_maniac is well-liked by manyrc_maniac is well-liked by manyrc_maniac is well-liked by manyrc_maniac is well-liked by manyrc_maniac is well-liked by manyrc_maniac is well-liked by manyrc_maniac is well-liked by manyrc_maniac is well-liked by manyrc_maniac is well-liked by manyrc_maniac is well-liked by manyrc_maniac is well-liked by many
carfax.com

I wouldn't consider buying a salvaged car over the internet. If you really like the car, then go and inspect it personally and drive it. Have the car taken to a local mechanic and have it thoroughly inspected.
rc_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 3G Eclipse General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« megasquirt | RWD? »