Took of intake manifold to change spark plugs - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > 3G Eclipse GT/GTS Specific
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02/24/2011, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Eclipse GT
Runker : who are you?
Took of intake manifold to change spark plugs

I took off the intake plenum to change out the spark plugs today using a guide I found on club3g.

I noticed there was a bunch of grime on the inside of the plenum.

What is the best way to remove deposit buildup in my engine? Seafoam? Is it simple to do and does it work?

On a side note there is a thin (hose/vac?) line that's a part of the fuel rail for the front cylinders that I cant seem to find where the other half connects to... Any ideas?

I'm also changing out my front valve cover gasket tomorrow due to oil seepage. Would've done it today but ran out of time. I'll post another thread about it tomorrow.

Last edited by Runker; 02/24/2011 at 12:07 AM.
Runker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02/24/2011, 12:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: 01 GT
Pace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by all
some parts cleaner, and a drill with a wire brush tip will clean it out nicely

Members Ride....Check it out
Pace187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/24/2011, 09:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS 6G75
White Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by all
easy way, if you have the stuff, go bead blast it. after you clean it then don't use your egr valve anymore and it won't happen
Old 02/24/2011, 01:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
makin territories

Vehicle: 5spd 3.9L powered galant
boostzealot seems to be okayboostzealot seems to be okayboostzealot seems to be okayboostzealot seems to be okayboostzealot seems to be okayboostzealot seems to be okayboostzealot seems to be okay
and please do it off the car. i have seen people port heads while on the motor still. just dont please dont.
Old 02/24/2011, 02:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-T
Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
Dude, the powder burns off.

Cept NOT.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/24/2011, 09:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for all the feedback I have successfully changed the valve cover gasket today and I'll post my story on a new thread.
Old 02/24/2011, 09:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

I also figured out the vac line I was talking about. It hooks up to a vacuum nipple on the intake manifold.
Old 02/25/2011, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rotary fanatic

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Stratus
2g Strat : who are you?2g Strat : who are you?2g Strat : who are you?
Replace the rear valve cover gasket while its apart.

338HP & 380lbft Dyno Video

Member Ride
2g Strat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > 3G Eclipse GT/GTS Specific

Tags
intake manifold, spark plugs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.