Suggestions for a new intake manifold, high performance motor mounts, torque dampener - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > 3G Eclipse RS/GS Specific
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12/31/2012, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GS Turbo
Turbo Eclipse : who are you?
Suggestions for a new intake manifold, high performance motor mounts, torque dampener

I have a 2000 eclipse GS 2.4L with a 5431 Precision turbo pushing 18PSI and I keep snapping stock manifolds in half at the neck do to much torque.. I've been looking forever for an after market intake manifold that will fit the car. I've found some from edle Brock that say they are unversal on thier site http://www.edelbrock.com/. Also how many motor mounts would I need and which ones?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Turbo Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12/31/2012, 01:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm also trying to find a torque dampener to fit the 4G64 engine. I can only seem to find them for the V6.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12/31/2012, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, 07 Jeep GC
Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Drunkoffjuic
I remember reading about the damper. You ah e to frankenstein a damper from the v6 one and the Evo one.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01/24/2013, 01:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GS
Psycho : who are you?
Well evo intake manifolds bolt directly on so try one of them
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/24/2013, 03:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GS
Corey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Well evo intake manifolds bolt directly on so try one of them
That would be a bad idea. They may bolt on but the 4g64 intake ports are much smaller than the Evo 8 intake manifold ports, much smaller and a port and polish won't even remotely fix that.
Corey16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/24/2013, 03:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Chuck Nasty

Vehicle: stuff
chavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to chavezeclipse Send a message via Yahoo to chavezeclipse
swap an evo/ptima head. you get a higher flowing head, larger throttle body, and higher flowing aluminum intake manifold.
hybrid clutch
quiafe lsd
custom 3" intake
halo projectors
evo enkei 17" rims
245/40 g-max
6g74 swap w/UIM/TB
tein s tech kyb agx
cmf headers
poly mounts
evo brakes
UCS tune
custom 2.5" exhaust
csf 2 row radiator
rear strut bar
battery relocated to trunk
22mm rear sway bar
ss brake lines
nice sound system

chavezeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/24/2013, 04:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-T
Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
Boost it or be slow.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/24/2013, 05:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

Vehicle: 2002 GT-T
thahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
Boost it or be slow.
it is boosted according to his first post

My suggestion would be to get motor mounts and replace your suspension bushings. Not sure what your suspension is but if its stock get some coilovers or a aftermarket spring and strut combo
thahnic1080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/24/2013, 06:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Suggestions for a new intake manifold, high performance motor mounts, torque dampener

Hey guys, I have found OEM has just made a brand new intake with a re-enforced flange. Just got it in today and I'm going to install it Saturday and see how it goes. By the way I am boosted I was running 18PSI and I have after market coil overs. I won't be able to lift my engine for the mounts for a while so I also ordered an ingalls torque damper. Thanks for the info guys. Ill post pictures and progress.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01/24/2013, 09:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Corey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends hereCorey16 has a few friends here
What do you mean by OEM? Did you mean to put something different company wise or are you saying you got another factory intake manifold with a reinforced flange?

If you truly want an intake manifold to perform and benefit your turbocharged 4g64, I say have a custom intake manifold made. You could use the existing factory intake manifold flange with at least 2-3 inches of all 4 of the port tubes still connected. Then cut more tubes from another factory intake manifold to weld onto the other 4 tubes already on the flange. Or you could use any other tube as long as it's around the same size and same material. Then you could use a fire extinguisher to weld onto those tubes then use the factory intake manifold neck and weld that onto the fire extinguisher end where the throttle body would go. After all that you then just make vacuum ports and other ports needed for any other hoses that connected to the factory intake manifold.

Here are threads where it has actually been done. I included all 3 so you can get more pictures and a better understanding of how he did it.

1badrs Comeback 70% complete
Just broke 357whp at 15psi
ruff intake manifold pics
Old 01/24/2013, 11:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ken
Shocker Lite

Vehicle: RX350
Ken is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by many
Send a message via AIM to Ken
Just send me your cracked one. I will weld you up something that will outflow the stock one & probably never crack. Wouldn't break the bank either. PM me if you're interested.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/25/2013, 04:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

[IMG][/IMG]

Not much to repair there.

Old 01/25/2013, 05:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

[IMG]

New intake. Almost looks stock but it seems much heavier duty. Hopefully it'll do the job..

Old 01/25/2013, 05:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

[IMG]

Old 01/25/2013, 08:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ken
Shocker Lite

Vehicle: RX350
Ken is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by many
Send a message via AIM to Ken
Referring to your old manifold: It's a pretty easy fix when you have the right tools. I could make a new flange for the TB on the mill then weld it in place.

However, I wasn't talking about repairing it. I want to cut the stock flange & injector ports off of it, then weld on new runners & a custom plenum. It would resemble most of the aftermarket evo intake manifolds, but cost far far far less.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/25/2013, 10:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Eclipse View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

10 minutes with a wire brush and 5 with a welder would solve that problem.
Old 01/25/2013, 10:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
I hate stance

Vehicle: V-ROD, R6, GST
XwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to XwP1ayawX
They'll keep breaking. You can weld it again, and it will break again. If it doesn't crack at the tb housing, it will crack one of the runners... They're garbage. DOHC swap and evo manifold... done deal
XwP1ayawX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/25/2013, 10:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Why if it's unnecessary? That's way more work and money than fixing a manifold ten times.

If you know it's going to brake then take half an hour with the wire brush and half an hour with the welder and hit each seam then put it in with the factory brackets.
Old 01/25/2013, 11:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

Vehicle: 2002 GT-T
thahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Eclipse View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake

oh wait nevermind jk

im curious how much torque you have to break that. I would weld it and check your mounts
thahnic1080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/26/2013, 03:59 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
10 minutes with a wire brush and 5 with a welder would solve that problem.
Yep. I cracked my intake manifold neck early last year. I took it off, bent the large cracked portion slightly open and prepped it by sanding that area where it will be welded. Took it to Muffler King and told them to weld it. It would have cost $20 but the guys like me so they didn't charge me. It's a cheap and easy fix that will last a good long time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > 3G Eclipse RS/GS Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.