Transmission Fluid - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > 3G Eclipse RS/GS Specific
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11/24/2004, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe
spyder01 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to spyder01
Transmission Fluid

Wats the best type of manual tranny fluid to buy and how often should u change the MT oil?
Advertisement

Old 11/24/2004, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
03 Spyder GTS 230 HP

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GTS Spyder
Ixionic needs to be reminded to breathe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder01
Wats the best type of manual tranny fluid to buy and how often should u change the MT oil?
Well the best that u can get is not sold in stores locally.
You need to either order it or find an authorized dealer.

The best two that I can think of are Royal Purple and Amsoil.

They make oils and fluids for race cars. But IMO Amsoil > Royal Purple

BOTH OF THESE TRANSMISSION FLUIDS ARE WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG FOR YOUR CAR AND I SHOULD NOT BE GIVING ADVICE TO PEOPLE BECAUSE I HAVE PROVEN THAT I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING IN JUST ABOUT EVERY THREAD I'VE POSTED IN THESE PERFORMANCE FORUMS

Amsoil MT Transmission Fluid
Royal Purple MT Transmission Fluid

Spyder01 if you are planning on changing the tranny fluid completely you are going to need at least 16 quarts of tranny fluid to fully fill the tranny.

I also would recommend changing the tranny fluid every 30,000 miles and no more than 50,000 miles without a change. Of course this is just my standard but upon changing my fluid my shifts are slightly quicker and smoother.

2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS - (August 2011 to Present)

Last edited by Ixionic; 11/24/2004 at 04:27 PM.
Ixionic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/24/2004, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

i heard that road race engineering is good with there bg syncro shift transmission fluid. and 16 QUARTS! ARE U MAD? Its 2.3 quarts for the MT... http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3gfluids.htm
Old 11/25/2004, 03:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Not the Face!

Vehicle: 2005 Boxster S
eslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regular
This is the kind of transmission fluid you need to use:

Synchromesh=Bad news

Don't do this, and never listen to Ixionic:

Synchro help
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/25/2004, 03:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Not the Face!

eslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regulareslai should be considered a regular
Oh, and Ixionic, sixteen quarts!? What are you INSANE?! No wonder you're so into Royal Purple and AMSOIL, you don't even know how much you need and are just believing everything you're told!
Old 11/25/2004, 09:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hating the 3G !!!

Vehicle: 05' 350Z
blackgt00 : who are you?
what about for us sporties?????
blackgt00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/25/2004, 10:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
OMFG

Vehicle: Cars
NAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to NAPALM
I use 10 quarts to flush my sporty. But the tranny itself takes about 8 quarts.
NAPALM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/25/2004, 12:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wanna be my Sheep?

Matt seems to be well-liked by allMatt seems to be well-liked by allMatt seems to be well-liked by allMatt seems to be well-liked by allMatt seems to be well-liked by allMatt seems to be well-liked by allMatt seems to be well-liked by allMatt seems to be well-liked by allMatt seems to be well-liked by allMatt seems to be well-liked by allMatt seems to be well-liked by all
manuals take around 3.5 quarts, the sporty takes 8-9, up to around 12 if you want to flush it as well
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/25/2004, 02:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
03 Spyder GTS 230 HP

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GTS Spyder
Ixionic needs to be reminded to breathe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
manuals take around 3.5 quarts, the sporty takes 8-9, up to around 12 if you want to flush it as well
Yeah that's what I mean about 12 quarts to flush it. No sense in putting alot of great Tranny fluid when you still have some old fluid left over.

2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS - (August 2011 to Present)
Ixionic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/26/2004, 01:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Not the Face!

You said SIXTEEN NOT TWELVE.

This thread is about the MANUAL TRANSMISSION NOT THE SPORTRONIC.

You pointed him to a "manual tranny" fluid to use, and then told him to get sixteen quarts to flush his tranny with. What the fuck?!

Not only that but BOTH OF THE FLUIDS YOU POINTED HIM TO AS MANUAL TRANSMISSION FLUID ARE THE WRONG KIND FOR A MANUAL TRANSMISSION 3G.

Jesus, you even pointed him to one that a member recently used in his car and fucked up his transmission with

Synchro help

whoa, check out them flames...
Old 11/26/2004, 07:27 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
You said SIXTEEN NOT TWELVE.

This thread is about the MANUAL TRANSMISSION NOT THE SPORTRONIC.

You pointed him to a "manual tranny" fluid to use, and then told him to get sixteen quarts to flush his tranny with. What the fuck?!

Not only that but BOTH OF THE FLUIDS YOU POINTED HIM TO AS MANUAL TRANSMISSION FLUID ARE THE WRONG KIND FOR A MANUAL TRANSMISSION 3G.

Jesus, you even pointed him to one that a member recently used in his car and fucked up his transmission with

Synchro help

whoa, check out them flames...
............... ya Ixionic that is everything u said, do you even own an eclipse and have a brain to go with it cause no idiot on this earth would believe from jiffy lube that it takes 16 quarts to change their tranny fluid. and if you do please say goodbye to us and go drive your car off a cliff
Old 11/26/2004, 11:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!

Vehicle: I ride your mom
natedog_37 should be considered a regularnatedog_37 should be considered a regularnatedog_37 should be considered a regularnatedog_37 should be considered a regularnatedog_37 should be considered a regularnatedog_37 should be considered a regularnatedog_37 should be considered a regularnatedog_37 should be considered a regularnatedog_37 should be considered a regularnatedog_37 should be considered a regularnatedog_37 should be considered a regular
I used Royal Purple. Just make sure it is the correct stuff.
2012 Ram sport 4x4 Crew Cab
Stock hehehehe
natedog_37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/29/2004, 10:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Vehicle: C6 Corvette Z51
awalp : who are you?awalp : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to awalp
I used Mobile 1 Synthetic... havn't heard of anyone else using it.. but it was the easiest to get =]
awalp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/29/2004, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Not the Face!

Cool. Thanks for telling us what kind of engine oil you use.
Old 11/29/2004, 01:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Administrator

Vehicle: 4 door shitbox
Strider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to Strider
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/29/2004, 04:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
5 across the EyEs

flyeyes : who are you?
I've used BG Syncro, and Redline MTL, and after I blew my tranny I didn't feel like ordering more cause it just took too stinkin long from RRE. They are great guys and all but need a diff ordering process.

Now with my new transmission I use the GM Syncromesh (same oil used in the Z06, etc..) It works really well, even during cold weather or cold starts on any day.

You should be able to get the GM Syncro at any GM dealers parts dept. And you only need 3qts. My tranny held about 2 and 2/3 quarts roughly.

Hope this helps......and I personally wouldn't worry bout the flushing part unless you have an auto tranny. But again, that's just my opinion.
flyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/29/2004, 06:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Not the Face!

yeah, I've never used GM Syncromesh myself which is why I can't recommend it but others have been okay with it also. I've never had a problem getting BG (and I've never had RRE be slow to ship) so I've never bothered trying anything new, well, not in the last four years at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > 3G Eclipse RS/GS Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.