evo intake manifold - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > 3G Eclipse RS/GS Specific
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12/04/2006, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
4G64

Vehicle: Galant
krispy03 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to krispy03
evo intake manifold

i came up on a evo 8 intake manifol, bold pattern looks almost idenical to the outlander manifold. i belive it would work, but im guessing the evo would be more pricey than the outlander one.
outlander on the left, evo on the right.

alot less bulky and better looking imo.

although cleary it would bolt up.
the intake runner port shapes/sizes are different.
I'd hit turbulence from the flat ridge that the incoming air would be hitting.
Id have to do a lot of porting to the head to get the evo manifold to fit.
anyone ever heard/seen of this done?

03 galant 2.4-heart of a galat, lungs of an outlander
krispy03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12/04/2006, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

toogood11 : who are you?toogood11 : who are you?toogood11 : who are you?toogood11 : who are you?toogood11 : who are you?
not the same bolt pattern. will NOT fit.
Old 12/04/2006, 05:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
OMFG

Vehicle: Cars
NAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to NAPALM
There are many reasons why this wouldnt be worth the hassle on a performance level. The first and most important being that it wouldnt really do anything noticeable for performance.

Besides that, the work required is a lot more than you are seeing.
If you look closely on the right side of the intake manifold flange, it is quite different due to the difference in cooling systems between the evo engine and the SOHC 4G64. The evo manifold doesnt have anywhere for the coolant to flow. Of course this could all be made to work.............But I cant see it being worth the PITA.
NAPALM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/05/2006, 01:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
4G64

well i wasnt looking for performance, im looking for something that wont break. im on my 6th intake manifold.
on a side note, how does the evo engine get the coolent if not through the I.M.?

Old 12/05/2006, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
turbo? unf unf!

Vehicle: fd rx7
zeeshan seems to be okayzeeshan seems to be okayzeeshan seems to be okayzeeshan seems to be okayzeeshan seems to be okayzeeshan seems to be okay
Send a message via ICQ to zeeshan Send a message via AIM to zeeshan Send a message via MSN to zeeshan Send a message via Yahoo to zeeshan
side of the head
2008 -- built 4g64 w/ evo 8 head, gt3582r
2009 -- 3g back to stock (daily driver) + 93 fd rx7 gt35r project
2011 -- 93 fd rx7 v8!
zeeshan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/05/2006, 02:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
OMFG

NAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispy03 View Post
well i wasnt looking for performance, im looking for something that wont break. im on my 6th intake manifold.
on a side note, how does the evo engine get the coolent if not through the I.M.?
Install the stock manifold and its supporting brackets correctly and it wont break.
Old 12/06/2006, 12:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
4G64

wish it was that simple, ass. after 2 or 3 i figured that wasnt it. so i thought maybe the belts. when i had my timing belt changed i noticed a noise wich sounded like a horse when at high rpm's. took it apart and discovered my balance belt was 180 out. hopefully thats it, i just want to cover my ass to make sure.

Old 12/06/2006, 07:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
KD0FIZ

Vehicle: '01 GS & '95 GS-T
buckethead : who are you?buckethead : who are you?buckethead : who are you?
Send a message via ICQ to buckethead Send a message via AIM to buckethead Send a message via MSN to buckethead Send a message via Yahoo to buckethead Send a message via Skype™ to buckethead
Quote:
If you have a CAI or WAI you need to support the piping and not let it just hang. The stock intake manifold can't handle any weight.
Old 12/06/2006, 08:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
OMFG

Quote:
wish it was that simple, ass. after 2 or 3 i figured that wasnt it. so i thought maybe the belts. when i had my timing belt changed i noticed a noise wich sounded like a horse when at high rpm's. took it apart and discovered my balance belt was 180 out. hopefully thats it, i just want to cover my ass to make sure.
Your reasoning is totally backwards.
After 2 or 3 that means its aboslutely positively incorrect installation.
Old 12/06/2006, 12:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Galant GTZ
Xrs2 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Xrs2
I don't know, Mitsubishi itself changed the part number to the highlander one. My dealer said it is a very common problem.
Xrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/06/2006, 04:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
OMFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrs2 View Post
I don't know, Mitsubishi itself changed the part number to the highlander one. My dealer said it is a very common problem.
The 3G manifold is now listed as the highlander manifold? I doubt it.

I think what your dealer was trying to say was that its common for people with mechanical deficiencies to screw up the install.
Old 12/06/2006, 04:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Galant GTZ
Xrs2 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Xrs2
I didn't call to verify, but have been told twice already that they changed the part number on them. I don't have an I4 so I wasn't about to call and double check.

And the mechanics said that one or two of the manifolds they installed broke. But they also said the cars had broken engine mounts when they came back too.

Long story short, I'm not too worried about it.
Xrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > 3G Eclipse RS/GS Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.