Head Unit with Memory Card reader? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Car Audio and Electronics
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08/29/2009, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
QiG
Unemployable

Vehicle: 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
QiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regular
Head Unit with Memory Card reader?

I'm wondering if anyone knows if they make head units that can play mp3s off of memory cards yet? I'm sick of swapping CDs every other day, hearing 10 minute commercial breaks on terrestrial radio, and I'm not going to buy a device that needs to charge or have extra wires hanging over the place (ipod/mp3 player). I tried looking at some big box websites to see what they offer and I've seen some with USB ports but I can't imagine having a thumbdrive sticking out of my radio constantly. But it doesn't seem to be a heavily promoted feature if available yet. Since flash memory is getting so cheap nowadays, it'd be great to have my 20 or so gigs of music available in my car without having to ghetto rig it or play off another device so if anyone has any recommendations, I'd love to hear it. The cheaper the better, it would only have to be the same/equal quality radio as the stock one in the 2002 sun and sound package.
QiG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08/29/2009, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Vehicle: 2007 350Z
Tearstone has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Tearstone Send a message via AIM to Tearstone
I would like to know this too Something with a hard drive and double DIN would be great
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/29/2009, 02:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

AKsnowbrder seems to be well-liked by allAKsnowbrder seems to be well-liked by allAKsnowbrder seems to be well-liked by allAKsnowbrder seems to be well-liked by allAKsnowbrder seems to be well-liked by allAKsnowbrder seems to be well-liked by allAKsnowbrder seems to be well-liked by allAKsnowbrder seems to be well-liked by allAKsnowbrder seems to be well-liked by allAKsnowbrder seems to be well-liked by allAKsnowbrder seems to be well-liked by all
Pioneer AVIC-F series has an SD port and can read up to 32gb.
AKsnowbrder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/29/2009, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Smart Ass

Vehicle: 2013 Lancer ES 5sp
fliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regular
these have been around for a while now. i have had 2 units that could do this. both were eclipse head units one was a avn-7000 flip-out nav (which i have now but trying to sell) and i can't remember the other one, but ezt on here bought that one from me. but many HU's can do this now along with the usb thumb drives.
Old 08/29/2009, 06:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
----------------

Vehicle: Red '03 Stratus R/T
revelry can pretty much be considered an idiot by all
Yup... I've had one that does for 3 years now, and I love it for all the reasons you mention. Even a 2GB card is enough for me. One for every genre, so I can just put it in and press shuffle.

Use keywords "SD" or "digital media" for your searches.

Here is a sample from Crutchfield
revelry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/29/2009, 10:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
EZT
FearIsTheMindKiller

Vehicle: 2009 370z
EZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to EZT
Yes fliegendaffe is correct I purchased his Eclipse CD7000 and it can utilize the memory stick feature to play songs. It can also be used to program the equalizer and sound delaying features offered on the 7000 using the Eclipse online interface program. Furthermore, I used this memory stick to even install custom backgrounds of my own Eclipse to the faceplate lol. Really awesome and versatile cd player.

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted"
EZT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/30/2009, 12:20 AM   #7 (permalink)

Tetris Champion! Hexxagon Champion!
Vehicle: 10 Jaguar XF-R
aaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by many
As aksnowbrdr said the pioneer f series has. Before I got my pioneer f700bt I had a crappy walmart HU which had nav and 2 SD slots.
aaronsspyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/30/2009, 03:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Bringing sexy back

Vehicle: 03 GS
Clipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by many
There are definitely some out. I wanted to use my IPOD so my AVH-P4100 doesn't have the slot on the front. I think the 3100 does have that option. So yes they are out there, you just need to do some research.
Clipzin33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/30/2009, 04:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE GS
pride4zeal : who are you?
I was looking at getting a unit that had the sd card slot then i thought about it and just got one with an Ipod Adapter that goes to the glove box. now I just sync my laptop to my Ipod and then leave it in the car, it charges it and you can control it from the head unit. Its a sony xplod
pride4zeal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/30/2009, 06:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bringing sexy back

Clipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by many
Quote:
Originally Posted by pride4zeal View Post
I was looking at getting a unit that had the sd card slot then i thought about it and just got one with an Ipod Adapter that goes to the glove box. now I just sync my laptop to my Ipod and then leave it in the car, it charges it and you can control it from the head unit. Its a sony xplod
I do the same thing minus I'm playing music videos ripped off youtube while I drive.
Old 09/05/2009, 05:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
QiG
Unemployable

QiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regularQiG should be considered a regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipzin33 View Post
I do the same thing minus I'm playing music videos ripped off youtube while I drive.
That's a good idea.. youtube sound quality is that good?

I went with a Phase Linear BT1611i and This 16gb SD card for $29.99 and I'm pretty happy. I went to try and install it myself, but... Not so good, so I let BestBuy do it. I'm just loading the SD card with mp3s now so I'll have to see how easy/hard it is to navigate a few thousand songs, but I expect to have it on random 90% of the time. Has Bluetooth as an added feature that connects to your phone for handsfree and a remote control for a complete baller experience. Not too shabby for the price, thanks for the help.
Old 09/05/2009, 09:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Bringing sexy back

Add 300$ and that's what I payed for mine before the 50$ cable and metra adapter
Old 09/06/2009, 10:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Smart Ass

Vehicle: 2013 Lancer ES 5sp
fliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regular
i just hope it doesn't crap out on you in a few months. i've seen that all too often with phase linear
Old 09/06/2009, 08:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
QiG
Unemployable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
i just hope it doesn't crap out on you in a few months. i've seen that all too often with phase linear
Me too.. it has all the features I was looking for but it seemed really cheap (price). I still think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread though I can point out a few shortcomings with the software and the physical design (has that cheap aftermarket radio button thing going). Worst case if it craps out, I'll whore out the 90 day warranty if it's still within it, and if not I at least know what to look for next time around and the hardest part of the install is already done so I should have no problem doing it myself. Wasn't like $100 was a gigantic investment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Car Audio and Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.