Installing after market CD player help - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Car Audio and Electronics
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03/16/2011, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 GS
2000GSEclipse : who are you?
Installing after market CD player help

I'm having troubles hooking up my subwoofers and AFTERMARKET amp using my aftermarket CD player.

I have bought a 'Y cord' or whatever and 2 RCA splitters. I was trying it hooked up as...

CD Player:
White holes ...2 way splitter with 1 end black rca cable going to amp, other end gray from y adapter.
Red... 2 way splitters with 1 end white rca cable going to amp, other end white from y adapter.

That doesn't seem to work? Also my CD player has only 2 spots for RCA cables, unlike my previous one had 4 spots? The y adapter has 4 cords, white, gray, green and purple. The green and purple I havn't tried to use due to the fact I am not sure where they go.

Also the RCA going out of my amp are hooked up as follows...White is black RCA and Red is white RCA.

Anyone know what's up?

Last edited by 2000GSEclipse; 03/16/2011 at 08:52 PM.
2000GSEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03/16/2011, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 gt eclipse
outrageousgt : who are you?
how many amps do u have? and why do u need the spliters? theres only 2 rca cables..that go to an amp...you only need 1 long rca cord that goes to your amp and remote wire....wtf are u doing?

Last edited by outrageousgt; 03/16/2011 at 07:28 PM.
outrageousgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/16/2011, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have 1 amp. I have a 2000 Gs eclipse. I was told I needed the splitters due to the fact it has a factory amp?
Old 03/16/2011, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Theres a cord with 7 pins in it that the y adapter or whatever is hooked up to. That adapter has a total of 4 cords. black, white, purple, green. Theres some way I have to then connect my spliters to that adapter, put my rca cables into the adapter..then plug splitters into back of CD player?
Old 03/16/2011, 07:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

oh so your trying to hook up the factory amp?? why not upgrade ..that lil amp wont push a sub..
Old 03/16/2011, 07:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

lol no sorry..hooking up after market amp. Seeing as I'm confusing you do you think you can try to explain to me what I need to do?

I was told I needed the y adapter to bypass the factory amp...
Old 03/16/2011, 07:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

there dumb ...unless they mean your using your stock..6/9s and door speakers if u had the infinity system they run on an amp thats under you passengger side seat than you have to do something else to get them to work but as far as the aftermarket amp ...its pretty easy....hook up your stereo make sure its on ..and run rca s from your stereo to your amp .dont forget the remote wire its blue most likely.
check this out
YouTube - Car Audio : Car Audio Amplifier Installation Tips

Last edited by outrageousgt; 03/16/2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03/16/2011, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

I can't just hook the RCA cables from aftermarket amp to CD player because of the stock amp. It needs to be mypassed..which is where the y adapter thing with 4 cords(black, white, purple, green) comes into play.

I'm just not sure as to how I have to hook those up.
Old 03/16/2011, 08:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Kimosabe

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GS-T
Masta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000GSEclipse View Post
I can't just hook the RCA cables from aftermarket amp to CD player because of the stock amp. It needs to be mypassed..which is where the y adapter thing with 4 cords(black, white, purple, green) comes into play.

I'm just not sure as to how I have to hook those up.
That is not a bypass...those plug directly into the new radio and run off of your stock amp..there should also be a blue wire coming out of that adapter as well which is your remote 12v.

Edit: Check this link out: http://www.club3g.com/forum/audio/57...y-pre-amp.html
Masta560 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/16/2011, 08:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

"run off of your stock amp."

I want to hook up an aftermarket amp..not stock...
Old 03/16/2011, 08:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kimosabe

Masta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends here
An after market amp for your subs but not speakers right? How many rca connections do you have on the aftermarket head unit?

Pictures will help...
Old 03/16/2011, 11:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Well so it can be clear from what i see he has an after market cd player , Amp and Sub but he still wants hes stock 6/9s and door speakers to work with the Infinty stock amp...thats the main issue hes running into...i had mines done at a stereo shop cause i didnt wanna fuck with it ..cost me like 40$
Old 03/17/2011, 04:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
Boom

Pacman Champion! Puzzle Bobble Champion!
Vehicle: 09 Camry SE
djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.
Completely forget about your stock amp and speakers, they shouldn't even come into play if all your doing is hooking up an amp/sub combo.

Pull out your deck and check the back for an rca out, if your lucky you'll have one designed just for a subwoofer but it doesn't really matter, any rca out will do. Now plug your rca cable into that and run it directly into your amps rca input. You do not need a splitter. Get your power/ground and remote turn on hooked up and you should be good to go.
djonts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/17/2011, 12:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

^ yea thats easy part...well since he disconnected his stock radio the other speakers wont work...cause there hooked up to the stock amp..
Old 03/17/2011, 12:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

russryda is as useful as a bag of dicks.russryda is as useful as a bag of dicks.russryda is as useful as a bag of dicks.russryda is as useful as a bag of dicks.russryda is as useful as a bag of dicks.russryda is as useful as a bag of dicks.
ok so u need to 1- put the spliters directly into the back of uor head unit so now u have 4 RCA outs step 2 plug the special adapter that goes into the wire that connects to the stock amp whic has two rca's come out and a remote wire step 3 hook up the remote wire step 4 turn on uor deck and plug the rcas from the amp into the spliter see which ounes work (in theory any should work but make sure that on plug is to the right and one to the left step 5 plug uor aftermarket amp RCA into the remaining RCA outs and hook up the remote wire step 6 ( if u powered uor amp correctly) listen to music there has got to be a how to on here with pics do uor research
russryda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/17/2011, 12:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Kimosabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by djonts View Post
Completely forget about your stock amp and speakers, they shouldn't even come into play if all your doing is hooking up an amp/sub combo.

Pull out your deck and check the back for an rca out, if your lucky you'll have one designed just for a subwoofer but it doesn't really matter, any rca out will do. Now plug your rca cable into that and run it directly into your amps rca input. You do not need a splitter. Get your power/ground and remote turn on hooked up and you should be good to go.
If he forgets about his stock amp and speakers then all he'll have hooked up are subs

Which head unit do you have so we can help you out better.?
Old 03/18/2011, 04:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
Boom

Pacman Champion! Puzzle Bobble Champion!
Vehicle: 09 Camry SE
djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.djonts is God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta560 View Post
If he forgets about his stock amp and speakers then all he'll have hooked up are subs

Which head unit do you have so we can help you out better.?
I'm saying he shouldn't even have to unhook any of that to begin with.
djonts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/18/2011, 12:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrageousgt View Post
Well so it can be clear from what i see he has an after market cd player , Amp and Sub but he still wants hes stock 6/9s and door speakers to work with the Infinty stock amp...thats the main issue hes running into...i had mines done at a stereo shop cause i didnt wanna fuck with it ..cost me like 40$
Yes I do have an aftermarket cd player(which is alpine CDE-121), amp and subs and still want all the stock 6/9s and door speakers to work with infinity amp(or can u hook those up to aftermarket amp????) I had this done at stereo shop last time also but I don't wanna spend the money again lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djonts View Post

On my aftermarket CD player it has only 2 RCA outs. I have tried running it directly to my aftermarket amp but then I have no sound at all I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russryda View Post
ok so u need to 1- put the spliters directly into the back of uor head unit so now u have 4 RCA outs step 2 plug the special adapter that goes into the wire that connects to the stock amp whic has two rca's come out and a remote wire step 3 hook up the remote wire step 4 turn on uor deck and plug the rcas from the amp into the spliter see which ounes work (in theory any should work but make sure that on plug is to the right and one to the left step 5 plug uor aftermarket amp RCA into the remaining RCA outs and hook up the remote wire step 6 ( if u powered uor amp correctly) listen to music there has got to be a how to on here with pics do uor research
Ok now this guy knows what he's talking about. I tried all that man except for the fact my CD player has only 2 RCA outs, not 4 which your way is saying I will need? Because at your step 2 it says the special adapter should have 2 rca's come out of it..mine has 4? or 2? it has total of 5 wires..1 black, 1 white, 1 green, 1 purple and then of course the remote wire that's blue and white.

I'm sorry to confuse everyone but I'm trying the best I can. I have some pictures for you to look at...this is what I have with russryda's setup..as you can see I don't know where to put the green/purple cables. I also have no clue as to what they are? Also with this setup I have no noise in my rear speakers. Again my aftermarket CD player is alpine CDE-121.

Old 03/18/2011, 04:10 PM   #19 (permalink)

russryda is as useful as a bag of dicks.russryda is as useful as a bag of dicks.russryda is as useful as a bag of dicks.russryda is as useful as a bag of dicks.russryda is as useful as a bag of dicks.russryda is as useful as a bag of dicks.
ok sry i was going off my setup and i have my rear 6x9 running off an amp. so for you u need 6 rca outs or you can wire the 6x9's to the amp in the back. but as for hooking it up u go it all right. another thing you can look into is this.

you wire it into some speaker wires and it creats another RCA
Old 03/18/2011, 09:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

So in order to get 6 RCA puts I have to get another splitter and hook that splitter up into 1 of the splitters that are connected to CD player? Or 2 more? With one connected to each RCA out on CD player?
Old 03/19/2011, 01:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Kimosabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000GSEclipse View Post
So in order to get 6 RCA puts I have to get another splitter and hook that splitter up into 1 of the splitters that are connected to CD player? Or 2 more? With one connected to each RCA out on CD player?
With all the money you're spending on splitters you coulda just gotten a good head unit with enough rcas...
Old 03/19/2011, 01:27 AM   #22 (permalink)
RadioCats

Vehicle: Nissan 350Z
pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.
way to many wires for me lol. i would start a damn fire
pmurray20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/19/2011, 03:10 AM   #23 (permalink)

u either a) need another spliter and plug in the remaining rcas or b) get that line converter and plug the amp to that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Car Audio and Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.