Plz help ez prob - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Car Audio and Electronics
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/06/2013, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

kc707 : who are you?
Plz help ez prob

Hi all!
So, this is my first time on here, and I'm pretty stoked there's a place just for Mitsubishi owners. I've had 2 guys flake on me to help me put some new 6x9's in my '01 eclipse. I've gone out to look at how hard it would be to replace them and I'm not sure if it's just those two bolts on the side when you let the back seat down. What's next? Just pull the panel off? Can someone please walk thru this please? I'd fully appreciate the help.
kc707 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/06/2013, 08:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
I was going to send you to the how-to for that but there isn't one specifically for speakers. From memory you need to take off the panel, its clipped on with some push clips around the edges and some in the middle but it's been about 10 years. Maybe someone has pictures.
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/06/2013, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: Varis Evo X
Treyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okay
It's honestly really easy. The rear panel is held on by clips (and 1 or 2 screws, I don't remember too clearly as it was a while ago, and it was fairly simple and straightforward). Just start at the door, and begin pulling the panel off. If you feel resistance, look and feel around for the screws. After you remove the panel, it's just 4 screws that hold the speaker on. If you still can't figure it out, I can go take a few pictures.
Treyzian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/06/2013, 08:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retrofitter

Vehicle: 03' Eclipse GS
jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via Yahoo to jstewart92
I can think of 3 screws that hold the 6x9 interior panel cover in place, 2 by the rear seat (fold the seat down) one down under the panel. You have to take out the rear seat bottom cushion by pulling the two white hooks and lifting up on the cushion. You might have to take off the B-pillar trim as well to allow you to completely remove that 6x9 panel and make the whole job easier. (can't remember which panel is on top)

That's held in place by a screw at the rear strut top mount (pop off the little triangular cover), one side has a little hanger that has to be taken off, and of course the top seat belt bolt (17mm). I've taken my interior apart 2 or 3 times now. It's not too difficult, just be patient and think logically about what panels would need to be removed FIRST.

EDIT: seems that screw I described for the B-pillar is for that 6x9 trim (I think holds both, not sure)

Anyway everything you need is right here in this thread, make the garage section your friend. HOW TO: Remove rear seats/panels

Last edited by jstewart92; 01/06/2013 at 08:40 PM.
jstewart92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/06/2013, 08:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
I'd love for someone to make a speaker replacement how-to.
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/06/2013, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retrofitter

jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
If I had taken pictures during my 4 channel amp install/ 6.5/6x9/tweet install I would make one, but unfortunately I didn't. For now people just have to pull the info from the different how-to's together.
Old 01/07/2013, 11:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hey there,
First of all...THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! Since I'm so new n I haven't checked out the site well enuf yet, your information is extremely helpful and appreciated . I'll figure where to find these, "Threads", eventually. Anyway, thanks to you fine guys I'll be able to do the job on my own n stick it to a cpl of flaky guys that were gonna help me.
Kristy
Old 01/07/2013, 11:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

you're sweet, thank you.
Kristy
Old 01/09/2013, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GT
zslaby1010 : who are you?zslaby1010 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstewart92 View Post
If I had taken pictures during my 4 channel amp install/ 6.5/6x9/tweet install I would make one, but unfortunately I didn't. For now people just have to pull the info from the different how-to's together.
Im actually going to be replacing my stock front doors, and 6x9s all on a 4 channel amp. When i do it, ill snap some pics and make a nice how to..perhaps in a month or so
zslaby1010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/09/2013, 07:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retrofitter

The hardest panel for me was the door panels, but as I said review those how-to's and have the mental picture of where screws are and take your time if you haven't done it before and you won't run into any issues.
Old 01/09/2013, 08:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ken
Shocker Lite

Vehicle: RX350
Ken is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by many
Send a message via AIM to Ken
The door panels are so easy. 3 screws and it pops right off. I have had mine off and on so much it only takes me about 2 minutes a side haha.

When you install new components in the doors, I recommend ditching the stock ABS plastic baffles and installing some MDF ones. The reduced vibration translates to fuller sound you can hear.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/09/2013, 09:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retrofitter

It's easy for me now, but the first time I tried it I didn't have the window rolled down.
Old 01/09/2013, 11:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Smart Ass

Vehicle: 2013 Lancer ES 5sp
fliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regularfliegendaffe should be considered a regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post

If I had a 3g to borrow/play with to do the install how-to, I would do a nice in depth vid and write up.
Old 01/10/2013, 08:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
I did this (sorta) for the door speakers in my car. Well, at least for the MDF baffles. Jaloosk's Spyder: The End.

It's not hard. Like changing a battery. Just make sure the + and - connections are correct.
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Car Audio and Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.