4 channel amp and speakers - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Car Audio and Electronics
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/07/2013, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GT
zslaby1010 : who are you?zslaby1010 : who are you?
4 channel amp and speakers

Im looking to upgrade my factory speakers. As of now i have a kenwood headunit and a kenwood mono amp powering a Type R sub. I gathered from searching that using aftermarket speakers on the stock infinity amp will mostly likely be a downgrade since most speakers are 4 ohm stable, not 2.

So im looking at getting a pair of 6.5 kenwoods up front and a pair of 6x9s. What would be the best way to power the 4 speakers? I was thinking about getting a 4 channel amp but would that mess up the HU since i have a metra wiring kit? What would be the easiest way?
zslaby1010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/07/2013, 11:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
lit up

Vehicle: '02 mountain bike
soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.
nope, it wouldn't mess anything up, in fact, you're halfway there by already having a aftermarket deck. just pull a 4ch/2-2ch rca's to the new amp location + power, remote, and ground, and simply ditch the rca cable portion of the mitah adapter.
soundman98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/08/2013, 12:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
You cryin' boy?

Vehicle: 03' GTS Spyder
neil12011 : who are you?neil12011 : who are you?neil12011 : who are you?neil12011 : who are you?neil12011 : who are you?
Go ahead and run 4 channel RCA's and speaker wire, best to do it all at once than have to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
neil12011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/08/2013, 09:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

OK so pull the Metra RCA cables and run 4 RCAs from the 4channel amp to the Headunit? I guess since im mounting the 4 channel next to the mono amp, id be able to splice into the mono's remote turn on and use a power and a ground distributor, correct?
Old 01/08/2013, 12:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ken
Shocker Lite

Vehicle: RX350
Ken is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by many
Send a message via AIM to Ken
Correct.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/09/2013, 06:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Do you think my battery will be ok handling it? My other amp is a mono block running at 500rms and when i turn my lights on my headunit always dims
Old 01/09/2013, 06:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 Chevy Avalanche
03GTS10 : who are you?03GTS10 : who are you?
A lot of headunits have a feature built in to dim the lighting on the headunit when your head lights are turned on for better visibility at night, mine does.
03GTS10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/09/2013, 07:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ahhh ok thanks, i do remember hearing that before. Thanks for all the help
Old 01/11/2013, 01:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ken
Shocker Lite

Vehicle: RX350
Ken is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by manyKen is well-liked by many
Send a message via AIM to Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by zslaby1010 View Post
Do you think my battery will be ok handling it? My other amp is a mono block running at 500rms and when i turn my lights on my headunit always dims
Your battery should be fine.

If you experience any dimming (like, headlight dimming when the bass hits) get a big 3 upgrade kit and you will be good to go. No need for a new battery or alternator.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Car Audio and Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.