Parking brake for dvd player - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Car Audio and Electronics
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12/07/2006, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Mitubishi Eclipse GT
JMitch93 needs to be reminded to breathe.
Send a message via AIM to JMitch93
Parking brake for dvd player

i have a jensen dvd hu. where am i suppose to tap into the parking brake? i searched but didnt find any usefule information.
JMitch93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12/07/2006, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ah yes...

Vehicle: 00 GT RIPP STG.3 & EVO X
Clipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wide
Send a message via AIM to Clipse3GT Send a message via MSN to Clipse3GT
why do you have to hook up into the parking brake?
Clipse3GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/07/2006, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
*insert funny title*

Vehicle: 2003 Audi A6 2.7t quattro
Jabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club exists
It's a fail safe so you can't watch it instead fo driving. I'm guessing its a navi system. Either way, look around and I am sure you will find a way around it so that you don't have to be at a stop to use it.
Jabber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/07/2006, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
3.0 GT = :)

Vehicle: 02 Eclipse GT
Audax seems to be okayAudax seems to be okayAudax seems to be okayAudax seems to be okayAudax seems to be okayAudax seems to be okayAudax seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to Audax
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMitch93 View Post
i have a jensen dvd hu. where am i suppose to tap into the parking brake? i searched but didnt find any usefule information.
Don't tap into the parking brake, then you can't watch DVDs while you're driving. Get a cheap 2 position toggle switch and hook it up instead. I have the Jensen VM9311 and the toggle switch, works great. I'll go take some pics of how to wire it up in a few minutes...
Audax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/07/2006, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
***Suspended Seller***

WingS_WesT_3g : who are you?WingS_WesT_3g : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to WingS_WesT_3g
On my pioneer all mine needs to be hooked up too is a ground and i can watch DVDs while im drivin. Surpirsed its not the same
WingS_WesT_3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/07/2006, 09:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bringend den Biss!

Vehicle: 2003 Spyder GTS
metzgerhund is well-liked by manymetzgerhund is well-liked by manymetzgerhund is well-liked by manymetzgerhund is well-liked by manymetzgerhund is well-liked by manymetzgerhund is well-liked by manymetzgerhund is well-liked by manymetzgerhund is well-liked by manymetzgerhund is well-liked by manymetzgerhund is well-liked by manymetzgerhund is well-liked by many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audax View Post
Don't tap into the parking brake, then you can't watch DVDs while you're driving. Get a cheap 2 position toggle switch and hook it up instead...
As soon as I get my Pioneer I will be doing the toggle switch also. Being that this is illegal I am going to hide my switch just to be on the safe side.
metzgerhund is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/07/2006, 09:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Damn I look good

Vehicle: 07' GT- Spyder 4.0
executive : who are you?executive : who are you?
Just ground it.
Old 12/07/2006, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Audax seems to be okayAudax seems to be okayAudax seems to be okayAudax seems to be okayAudax seems to be okayAudax seems to be okayAudax seems to be okay
Connect the pink wire coming from the HU to the "ON" side of the toggle switch and connect the "OFF" side to a ground. I have my switch in my center console. When it tells you to engage the parking brake, switch it to ON and you're set

Old 12/08/2006, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
xxtrurida75xx Really needs to MTFOxxtrurida75xx Really needs to MTFOxxtrurida75xx Really needs to MTFOxxtrurida75xx Really needs to MTFOxxtrurida75xx Really needs to MTFOxxtrurida75xx Really needs to MTFOxxtrurida75xx Really needs to MTFOxxtrurida75xx Really needs to MTFOxxtrurida75xx Really needs to MTFOxxtrurida75xx Really needs to MTFOxxtrurida75xx Really needs to MTFO
Send a message via AIM to xxtrurida75xx
Nooo, If you want the system to work all the time no matter what unscrew the side screw that holds the unit into the mounting bracket and loop the wire around there and re-tighten it. This way if you want to have the screen on while driving you can and if your afraid to look at it just close it or turn it off.
xxtrurida75xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/09/2006, 06:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Mitubishi Eclipse GT
JMitch93 needs to be reminded to breathe.
Send a message via AIM to JMitch93
Audex, thanks bro. those pics are gonna help me out when i finally get it in tomorrow. i also have the vm9311. Im probably gonna ground it to the ground point under the dash on the driver side since i store lost of papers and smokes in my center console. on more question audex. How far up does the screen reach when completely out? Jersey gets pretty cold in the winter and i need the heat, not only that but i dont want to mess the screen up with the heat.
JMitch93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/09/2006, 08:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMitch93 View Post
Audex, thanks bro. those pics are gonna help me out when i finally get it in tomorrow. i also have the vm9311. Im probably gonna ground it to the ground point under the dash on the driver side since i store lost of papers and smokes in my center console. on more question audex. How far up does the screen reach when completely out? Jersey gets pretty cold in the winter and i need the heat, not only that but i dont want to mess the screen up with the heat.
You'll be happy with the 9311.. I've been really impressed by it so far. The J-Link iPod controller is really cool.. and it's one of the only DVD headunits that will play DivX .avi format movies directly off of a DVD. You can burn like 7 or 8 full length DVDs in DivX .avi format on one regular DVD disc and it'll decode them no problem. I have one disc that has like 30 episodes of Family Guy

The screen blocks the vents if you install it in the top portion of the mounting kit. If you install it in the lower portion, it won't block them hardly at all. If you do end up installing it in the top, just make sure your vents are completely closed before you run your heater and you should be fine. I have mine in the top slot, but I'm thinking about moving it down so I have my vents back. Here's a pic:

Old 12/09/2006, 09:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Frank

Vehicle: 2001 GT
Regulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to Regulator
You fuckers, try this with an Alpine TV, biggest pain in the ass
Regulator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/09/2006, 10:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
You fuckers, try this with an Alpine TV, biggest pain in the ass
lol.. I had an Alpine TV before the Jensen.. it WAS a bitch. Even after the switch was installed I still had to hit the brake twice, on the 2nd pump hold it down, flick the switch, then let off the brakes. Even when I did it all correct it didn't work half the time and I'd have to do it again. Plus the fact that I originally tried to wire it up myself and got so pissed off I ended up taking it to a shop and paying them $50 to do it. THEN when I picked it up from the shop I noticed they had wired the switch into my fucking CUP HOLDER. When I bitched about it the guy was all frustrated and told me he wouldn't move it, so I would just have to live with it. 2 years without a fucking cup holder for a stupid video switch. BAH. I'm still bitter
Old 12/09/2006, 11:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sittin on Twangs

bizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okay
The code is a permanent way of disabling the brake override on the jensen units.

There are two ways of doing this:

Insert the DVD

After the disc loads and plays you will see a blue screen telling you "it is unlawful to drive with a movie blah blah blah"

1)Activate the brake sequence and disable the blue screen using the hand brake, the switch method or anything else to give the unit its three pulses to disable that freakin blue screen.

(What I did was I installed my radio entirely, then took the pink wire and touched for two seconds, removed for two seconds and then touched and held the negative pole of a mower battery laying on my passenger seat until the screen was no longer blue.)

2) Next, on the main remote press stop twice, then 1, 2, 6, 4.

You will now see a hidden menu that says:

Region Code
Brake Override (I know you're drooling by now)
Macrovision (Watch all the burned and pirated movies you want if this option is off)
Loader Version
Model Version

3) Using the right joystick on the unit, navigate to the options of your choice, click on them to toggle on, off or which region code you want.

This is what you want:

Region Code: 1
Brake Override ON
Macrovision: OFF

When your done, click SYS SETUP on the main remote TWICE to save the settings and bingo, your done!!! Hooray!!! You can now kill your whole family in the car while watching that adult movie while your driving.....

The other way of doing this is by not engaging the parking brake sequence, thus you're inputting the code blindly.

1) Insert the DVD and you'll get the blue screen.

(If you have more than one tv, the unit itself will have the blue screen but the additional tv's you have plugged in will NOT, they will show the dvd menu. Thus you will be able to see the hidden menu on the additional screens after inputting the code, but not on the main unit because of its blue screen.)

2) On the main remote, push stop twice and then 1, 2, 6, 4

3) Push the joystick on the unit SOUTH twice and then click it once.

4) Press SYS SETUP on the main remote twice to save your settings.

It may take a few tries but you'll get it. This method can be done if you don't want to bother temporarily activating the brake sequence, but if you only have the unit and no additional tv's, its #$%^&* damn hardbecause you can't see the settings your changing.
Old 12/09/2006, 11:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

OMG!! IT WORKED!! E-REP FOR YOU!!!

This _NEEDS_ to be permanently posted in the how to section.

Thanks for the info.!!!!
Old 12/10/2006, 12:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
Sittin on Twangs

bizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okay
lol ur welcome, glad i could help
Old 12/10/2006, 12:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, 07 Jeep GC
Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Drunkoffjuic
is there a way to do that with pioneer or panasonic HU???
Drunkoffjuic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/10/2006, 12:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Frank

Vehicle: 2001 GT
Regulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to Regulator
The only true way to get past an Alpine is the Pac-Tr7
Regulator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/10/2006, 01:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
Sittin on Twangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkoffjuic View Post
is there a way to do that with pioneer or panasonic HU???
u should just have to ground the brake wire
Old 12/10/2006, 11:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
Spoolin GST

Vehicle: 1998 GST
ty_clipse02 can pretty much be considered an idiot by all
Send a message via MSN to ty_clipse02
i know this sounds stupid but i had a 02 gs and since they didnt have stock alarms hooked up but still had them i just stuck the pink wire into the alarm hookup right by the hood release lever and it worked perfect....it worked because its acting like you have the parking break on all the time since there is power going through it
ty_clipse02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/10/2006, 06:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
I hate stance

Vehicle: V-ROD, R6, GST
XwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to XwP1ayawX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizflawless View Post
u should just have to ground the brake wire
easy as hell
XwP1ayawX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Car Audio and Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.