Vacuum gauge help - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/28/2010, 03:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
02 Eclipse GS

Vehicle: Eclipse GS
Mando : who are you?Mando : who are you?Mando : who are you?
Vacuum gauge help

Well i have been looking around here to help me hook up my Vacuum gauge to my 02 eclipse GS. And i was seeing if any one could help me out with some pics as to were to hook the tube from the gauge? And if this is in the wrong thread my bad guys.
Mando is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/28/2010, 06:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
I hate stance

Vehicle: V-ROD, R6, GST
XwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to XwP1ayawX
Get a vacuum manifold for 20 bucks and tap it off the brake booster line. Then you can tap any vacuum powered device (gauge, bov, wastegate, map sensor) off of it.
XwP1ayawX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2010, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

2000V6GT : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XwP1ayawX View Post
Get a vacuum manifold for 20 bucks and tap it off the brake booster line. Then you can tap any vacuum powered device (gauge, bov, wastegate, map sensor) off of it.
Any location on the engine that would be sufficient for vacuum readings other than the line that powers your vehicle's brakes?

Not too keen on doing that on.
2000V6GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2010, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
I hate stance

Vehicle: V-ROD, R6, GST
XwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to XwP1ayawX
It doesn't affect the braking power of the car at all. The brake booster itself it tapped into the intake manifold and it's one of the meaties lines on the car. Just be sure to tap it between the manifold and the check valve.
XwP1ayawX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2010, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
02 Eclipse GS

Can u guys take a pic of what it looks like it would help out alot. And thanks for helping me out.
Old 01/28/2010, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
Meest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFO
I used to have pics of where I tapped mine in the brake booster when I was helping another member on here. I'll see if I still have them and post them up if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStress View Post
Alright I accidentally crashed my 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse into a mountain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloosk View Post
There is no equal fail to that of the almighty Luke. :bowdown:
Meest00GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2010, 10:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Meest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFO
Here. Please excuse the dirty engine bay, the pics are old but should give you an Idea. I had a mechanic help me out because I wasn't sure where to hook it up at first either. Here is a pic of the brake booster.

You can see it's on the drivers side, right below the strut bar. I actually disconnected the entire hose from there (where it's circled in red) and the back of the intake mani (pictured below)

The clamp is circled in the red. I labeled the Intake pipe for reference in green (yes I know it looks like a 5 year old wrote it ) you can take the entire hose out to tap it and then just put it back like so. I'm not sure if that's how everyone else would say to do it, but it has been working great for me
Hope that helped.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Meest00GT; 01/28/2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01/29/2010, 03:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
02 Eclipse GS

Thanks man that does help and give's me a good area to look. But one last question does that work for the 4cl to? cuz it look like u have a v6. And i just want to make sure i done mess it up. And like i said thank u guys for all the help going to see tommarow.
Old 01/29/2010, 11:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Vehicle: 01 Gt
Black_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okay
^^ Should work just the same for the I4.

Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhaust gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveodotcom1 View Post
Money can buy you a race car, but money can't buy you the skill to race it.
Black_out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/29/2010, 12:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Glad I could help out some. It should work the same for both platforms, though the connection on the intake mani might be in a slightly different location
Good luck with the install. My vacuum gauge is my favorite one to watch.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01/29/2010, 07:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
02 Eclipse GS

Thanks again guys i will let u know how it turns out. I hope not bad lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.