Performance ECU Flash for Eclipse GT/GTS/GS!!!!! - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02/07/2006, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 GT Sporty
Scootie714 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Scootie714
Performance ECU Flash for Eclipse GT/GTS/GS!!!!!

I saw somebody post in the rs/gs forum that they had gotten a performance ecu flash done on their 3g eclipse rs/gs and went to the MYNES Performance website. They are now selling Performance ecu flashes for our cars as a normal item in their tuning section for only $225.00!!! They seem to only be doing in house flashes right now but this is a huge step in the right direction! We really need to talk to these guys and get them to start taking ecu's from mail in's. Heres the link, their website wont let me copy the product description off. I am definitely getting a flash if they will take mail in's. I've been waiting for something like this ever since i got my car!

http://www.mynesperformance.com/shop...products_id=66
Scootie714 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02/07/2006, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Manual fo Life

impulseballer : who are you?
lol it wasn't hard-
Have you been looking for a way to reprogram your 3rd generation 2001-2005 (only) Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, GTS, and GS, 2002-2005 Lancer OZ Rally, and ES models? Here at MYNES Performance, we can reprogram your ECU to your modifications in-house. No need for to ship your ECU off to some other company. Even if your have turbocharged your vehicle, we can reflash your stock ECU. No more piggyback computers, that constantly fights with your stock ECU in which the stock ECU always win..."CHECK ENGINE" light.

So far this is what can be programmed on 3rd GEN Eclipse GS, GT and Lancer OZ Rally models:

Rev limiter
Speed limiter
High Octane Fuel Map
Low Octane Fuel Map
High Octane Ignition Map
Low Octane Ignition Map
Injector Size Scaling
Injector Battery Compensation
Acceleration Enrichment
Idle speed adjustment
Closed Loop to Open Loop transition adjustments

If you have any questions contact us: HERE
impulseballer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

maybe it was my browser or something, it wouldnt let me highlight it, right click and copy .
Old 02/07/2006, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Now also Sleepr4dr

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GT
Sleepr03GT : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Sleepr03GT
that is very interesting, i'm curious to see if there is any substancial gains with this without needing FI or headers
1991 Galant VR4 12.61 @ 105 on 14lbs boost --sold
Sleepr03GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

The 4 banger eclipse that got the original ecu flash and posted the stuff in the other forum got a 5hp and 7tq gain off it and has says he has the dyno sheets to prove it. So that means we 6 cylinder 3gs could possibly get into the double digits!
Old 02/07/2006, 06:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
N my Flippy Floppies

Vehicle: '01 GT PP / '13 X MR PP
Special_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Special_K
Maxx from the shop says that they haver run a GT, and have seen gains of 8hp and 17 Ft-Lbs at the wheels. This is by far one of the greatest increase in numbers at the wheels from a single mod without going F/I. Hopefully in the next few months they can get those numbers to be more like 10 hp and 20 Ft-Lbs at the wheels.
Tuned by LogicGate, Sponsored by Tearstone
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Vehicle: 2007 350Z
Tearstone has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Tearstone Send a message via AIM to Tearstone
Interesting, I put a query in for more information. If this is legitimate, I'm definitely interested. Good find, and hopefully this works out in everyone's favor.
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 06:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
*insert funny title*

Vehicle: 2003 Audi A6 2.7t quattro
Jabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club exists
Just had a very nice conversation with Maxx. He should be posting here soon. In a nutshell, they would ultimately like to be selling the OBD cable interface and let you tune your own vehicle using a laptop. The software to do it will be downloadable for FREE. This seems to be the start of a beautiful relationship.

FYI, they are not letting you ship your ECU's as of yet. I tried
Jabber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 06:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
*insert funny title*

Vehicle: 2003 Audi A6 2.7t quattro
Jabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club exists
Oh yeah, Russ, I put in a good word for you also to become a possible vendor for them. I gave them your s/n, real name, and website address. Hope you don't mind.
Jabber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 06:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lubisz To Suko!

Vehicle: 2012 Subaru Impreza STI
cinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by many
Send a message via AIM to cinek10
In a nutshell, they would ultimately like to be selling the OBD cable interface and let you tune your own vehicle using a laptop. The software to do it will be downloadable for FREE.

that would be amazing!!
cinek10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 06:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
CHEF

Vehicle: 08 scion xb & 06 mazda 6i
Phat3g : who are you?Phat3g : who are you?Phat3g : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Phat3g Send a message via MSN to Phat3g Send a message via Yahoo to Phat3g
yep guys i will be the 2000 fed gt test car when they learn how to crack that ecu it is different than the 01- ecus they sadi last friday when i went in to there shop
Phat3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Spring King

Vehicle: '11 135i, '98 Ranger 4x4
tracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstone
If this is legitimate, I'm definitely interested.
Exactly what I was thinking! The dollar-to-power ratio is damned good if they can actually pull it off.
tracer bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 07:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
CHEF

Vehicle: 08 scion xb & 06 mazda 6i
Phat3g : who are you?Phat3g : who are you?Phat3g : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Phat3g Send a message via MSN to Phat3g Send a message via Yahoo to Phat3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet
Exactly what I was thinking! The dollar-to-power ratio is damned good if they can actually pull it off.

yea that is what we posted over on our az site about this.
Phat3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 07:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Resident Asshole

Vehicle: 2010 Civic
Crow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by allCrow seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to Crow
hmm, definantly something interesting. gonna have to keep an eye on this
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 08:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber
Oh yeah, Russ, I put in a good word for you also to become a possible vendor for them. I gave them your s/n, real name, and website address. Hope you don't mind.
Oh no not at all! I already emailed them with a query on how to become a dealer for them. I'm very excited about this!!
Old 02/07/2006, 08:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Vehicle: 2g stratus 2g eclipse
PharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to PharmEcis
You aren't the only one. This could be our DSMLink if done properly and resolve a world of hurt for a lot of people. Ebay would get a flood of blues, ultimates, afc's and bb / gb's heh
PharmEcis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 08:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis
You aren't the only one. This could be our DSMLink if done properly and resolve a world of hurt for a lot of people. Ebay would get a flood of blues, ultimates, afc's and bb / gb's heh
For real... I'm shocked that they casually just released this out into the market without letting anyone know. This is the holy grail of this car
Old 02/07/2006, 08:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
stupid booster

Location: claysburg, camden, martinsburg, bridgeport, addison/dallas.
Vehicle: Single snailed spyder
icemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to icemanrld19
so its a simple get rid of whatever piggyback system your using now and programing the stock ecu just like you would with the emanagement?
icemanrld19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 08:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
stupid booster

icemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Oh no not at all! I already emailed them with a query on how to become a dealer for them. I'm very excited about this!!
Russ if u can become a vendor by the time i leave from FL you already have a buyer
Old 02/07/2006, 08:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanrld19
Russ if u can become a vendor by the time i leave from FL you already have a buyer
Old 02/07/2006, 08:44 PM   #21 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 GST 5spd
Chief Brody : who are you?Chief Brody : who are you?Chief Brody : who are you?Chief Brody : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Chief Brody
Glad you are interested Russ, this would be a big developement and it would be nice to have you as a dealer. I hope it doesn't prove to be smoke and mirrors, but I am optimistic since it has been done for the DSM and EVO guys and I don't believe our ECUs are that much different.
Greddy Emanage Blue
440cc injectors
Pocketlogger and PLX wideband
Tsudo 2.5" Catback

Hook'em Horns!
Chief Brody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 08:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

PharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by all
Our ECU's would be VERY similar to the 3kgt ECU.
Old 02/07/2006, 09:20 PM   #23 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 GT-T
Kobalt82 : who are you?Kobalt82 : who are you?Kobalt82 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by willywill
yep guys i will be the 2000 fed gt test car when they learn how to crack that ecu it is different than the 01- ecus they sadi last friday when i went in to there shop
I dont know whether to be happy or sad. Hooray for everyone else...dammit for us 2000's...
My 2001 cali spec BIG MAPS definition and rom - 97800005-working-00timing-0x52d2-04-closed-370injectors.zip
Kobalt82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 09:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
Turbo Buick > you

Vehicle: 1984 Buick Regal T-type
callmeebryan : who are you?callmeebryan : who are you?callmeebryan : who are you?callmeebryan : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to callmeebryan Send a message via MSN to callmeebryan
This is excellent news. Say goodbye to piggybacks and blown motors because of tuning problems!!!!! This is the best way to tune a car IMO.

One thing i noticed, it doesnt mention anything about timing control on the website????? Whats the deal with that?
callmeebryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 10:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Faster piggy,FASTER!

Vehicle: '03 Galant ES V6 Turbo
WanderingPinoy seems to be okayWanderingPinoy seems to be okayWanderingPinoy seems to be okayWanderingPinoy seems to be okayWanderingPinoy seems to be okayWanderingPinoy seems to be okayWanderingPinoy seems to be okay
Holy Grail indeed!
WanderingPinoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 10:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
***Suspended Seller***

WingS_WesT_3g : who are you?WingS_WesT_3g : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to WingS_WesT_3g
IM deff gonna keep an eye on this and watch for more information!
WingS_WesT_3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 10:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Mitsushitty GT

Vehicle: 05 Eclipse GT
untbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to untbballer21
So is this something only for boosted cars, or can we use it on a stock car as well?
untbballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 10:35 PM   #28 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Sebring Coupe LXI
shotgunefx : who are you?
Cool. I'm guessing the breakthrough was the availability of flashes due to J2534 and the ease of reprogramming was the key.

I've been meaning to grab some of the flashes for the various ECUs to start grepping for the interesting parts for some time but other shit has kept me busy.

Hate being beat to the punch, OTOH, probably wouldn't have gotten to it for another year (if ever, still haven't installed my new painted interior and it's been two years )

Glad someone has done something. Very interested to see some dyno sheets!
Old 02/07/2006, 10:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Land Shark!

Vehicle: 2001 Evo 7
evil6remlin : who are you?evil6remlin : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to evil6remlin
This is definitely awesome. Hopefully they get the 2000 ecu cracked so I can just get a flash so I won't have to return to stock when I go for emmisions.

Off topic: Anyone know if I can just take off the wastegate and make a bridge pipe so I won't have to remove my hot pipes when I put my stock injectors and ecu back in when I go for emmisions? I'd like to be able to do this to prevent any boosting when I go back to stock but I don't feel like buying a stock y pipe and taking off my turbo and piping.
evil6remlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 10:56 PM   #30 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06 EVO IX MR
jaytech : who are you?
EcuFlash

Hello everyone... I see that Maxx have introduce himself from MYNES Performance. We normally specialize in EVOs and Subaru and a few German vehicles. I've always have wonder why no one reprograms 3rd gen Eclipse and regular Lancer vehicles. So I did some research on the ECU's and had some help from a friend in Japan, and Washington State to get documents on these ECU's processors. It took alot of work and research and development to crack these ECU's. We finally got it going. So far this is what we can reprogram on these ECU's:

Rev limiter
Speed limiter
High Octane Fuel Map
Low Octane Fuel Map
High Octane Ignition Map
Low Octane Ignition Map
Injector Size Scaling
Injector Battery Compensation
Acceleration Enrichment
Idle speed adjustment
Closed Loop to Open Loop transition adjustments

We are adding more parameters as we find them and test them. I hope I can be a help to the community, since no one offers reprogramming for these cars.

Here are the Terms:

High/Low Octane Fuel Maps:

The High Octane Map is stored in the ECU's memory. It runs more on the leaner side for a higher Octane fuel to give maximum performance. When the ECU is reset, it starts from the high Octane fuel map first upon start up. If the ECU is happy, and not getting detonation signals from the knock sensor it remains in the High Octane map mode. If it recieves abnormal signals from the knock sensor, then the ECU switches to Low Octane Fuel Map, which is richer than the High Octane Fuel Map.

High/Low Octane Ignition Maps:

The High Octane Ignition Map is stored in the ECU's memory. It runs a little bit more ignition timing for a higher Octane fuel to give maximum performance. When the ECU is reset, it starts from the high Octane Ignition map first upon start up. If the ECU is happy, and not getting detonation signals from the knock sensor it remains in the High Octane Ignition map mode. If it recieves abnormal signals from the knock sensor, then the ECU switches to Low Octane Ignition Map, which the ignition timing is more retard than the High Octane Ignition Map.

Rev limiter:

Adjusts which RPM that the ECU cuts fuel to prevent the engine from overrevving. This parameter can be adjusted if you install high performance cams. A higher rev limit can be achieve.

Speed Limiter:

Adjusts which ground speed to cut fuel to prevent speed. Some cars, this is disable, because in the highest gear, you would hit the rev limiter before the maximum speed. On 3rd gen Eclipse GT V6, there is a limiter. And it can be adjusted or removed. But the speed it cuts, you would never hit it. So it can be left stock.

Injector Size Scaling:

This 2X1 Data value is stored in the ECU's memory. This tells the ECU what initial pulsewidth throughout the RPM and Load ranges. This scales the size of the injectors, which tells the ECU if you are running 260cc, 330cc, 440cc, 550cc and so on. This parameter can be adjusted to which size injectors you are running if you have replaced them with bigger injectors. The ECU can compensate and adjust to that size. If you have stock injectors, this parameter remains untouched.

Injector Battery Compensation:

This 8X1 2D Map is stored in the ECU's memory. This tells the ECU the finally opening pulsewidth on the injector due to battery voltage.At low battery voltages, it takes longer to open the injectors. An injector is a mechanical device, so when the ECU have certain timing to open the injector on the intake stroke, the ECU gives a signal to open the injector. But since the injector is electro-mechanical, it takes time for it to open at that given time. So the ECU has to give a longer pulsewidth to compensate for that delay. If you have stock injectors, and since they are small in size, they open much quicker. If you have replace them with bigger injectors, it takes more time for them to open. So this 8X1 2D Map can be adjusted to compensate with that injector.

Acceleration Enrichment:

This 12X1 2D map provide acceleration enrichment, when you stomp on the gas. If you have stock injectors, this can remain. But sometimes having a Cold Air Intake can cause a delay when you stomp on the gas, because of the extra air flowing into the engine. You can adjust this 12X1 2D map to compensate for that, by giving it a little more fuel.

I've noticed gains on a N/A motor wouldn't be much gains. But if you turbocharged, supercharged, or even NOS. EcuFlash can be a big help.

Thanks,

Jason
MYNES Performance
www.mynesperformance.com
jaytech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 11:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
bollocks

Vehicle: 04 Z/00 3g
darklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to darklink Send a message via MSN to darklink Send a message via Yahoo to darklink
you guys are using the ECUFlash programming? sweet! thats the shit i was looking into when i first started talking aout this.

i can't wait til the 2000 is cracked, i will get a flash for sure
darklink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2006, 11:33 PM   #32 (permalink)
back to the 3G...

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse Spyder GT
mozart4898 : who are you?mozart4898 : who are you?mozart4898 : who are you?
Quote:
On 3rd gen Eclipse GT V6, there is a limiter. And it can be adjusted or removed. But the speed it cuts, you would never hit it. So it can be left stock.
Anyone else curious what speed it is? If the coupe is limited by drag to what is it, like ~150s, then what would they have set the speed limiter at? Mach 1?

But damn...what a great thing if this all works out, and it sounds like this is the real deal! Thanks to you guys! I'll bet this could also be the key to a high compression, cammed, all motor setup as well. Perhaps that 300 whp N/A GT is still possible?

Last edited by mozart4898; 02/07/2006 at 11:39 PM.
mozart4898 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/08/2006, 12:17 AM   #33 (permalink)
bollocks

Vehicle: 04 Z/00 3g
darklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to darklink Send a message via MSN to darklink Send a message via Yahoo to darklink
rev limiter is the same as fuel cut. its at like 6xxx rpm
darklink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/08/2006, 01:04 AM   #34 (permalink)
stupid booster

what about timing? also will this allow pretty much all the functions of a stand alone system?
Old 02/08/2006, 01:54 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
what about timing? also will this allow pretty much all the functions of a stand alone system?

Yes, you would be able to adjust ignition timing. These ECU's have 2 Ignition Maps, both High Octane and Low Octane, and the same as for fuel maps. I've posted already some of the functions that can be adjusted. More will come in the future as we look more into the code.
Old 02/08/2006, 02:16 AM   #36 (permalink)
stupid booster

very nice. and deff interested. only problem is i live on the east coast. what are ur plans to make this accessible for everyone? sounds like this will eliminate all piggyback systems (safc, emanagement, etc). i have a turbo gts spyder and i would like to get rid of my greddy emanagement blue for a future upgrade. By hacking into the ecu like u have been doing will my stock ecu essentually be programmable to react like it would if the 3gs came with a turbo?
Old 02/08/2006, 02:33 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
very nice. and deff interested. only problem is i live on the east coast. what are ur plans to make this accessible for everyone? sounds like this will eliminate all piggyback systems (safc, emanagement, etc). i have a turbo gts spyder and i would like to get rid of my greddy emanagement blue for a future upgrade. By hacking into the ecu like u have been doing will my stock ecu essentually be programmable to react like it would if the 3gs came with a turbo?
We are planning to make it accessible to everyone, until we have tested everything. We don't want people to blow there engines up without knowing the knowledge of tuning a ECU. We want this to be bug free and reliable. So for now we offer in-house reflashing, by next month we will be able to do mail in flashes. By summer time, we should have the user tuning software so the owners can flash there own vehicles by purchasing a interface cable and downloading software from the website.

Jason
MYNES Performance
www.mynesperformance.com
Old 02/08/2006, 02:58 AM   #38 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 GT-T
Kobalt82 : who are you?Kobalt82 : who are you?Kobalt82 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytech
We are planning to make it accessible to everyone, until we have tested everything. We don't want people to blow there engines up without knowing the knowledge of tuning a ECU. We want this to be bug free and reliable. So for now we offer in-house reflashing, by next month we will be able to do mail in flashes. By summer time, we should have the user tuning software so the owners can flash there own vehicles by purchasing a interface cable and downloading software from the website.

Jason
MYNES Performance
www.mynesperformance.com
Sounds great! When can I place an order for the user tuning software for a 2000 gt? Summer as well?

Of the 332 polled so far 25% of them are 2000 GT's! Add the RS/GS and thats 34% of eclipse owners on here have 2000's. Not the best poll but it shows there is a market in breaking the 2000 code.

2000 RS/GS 30 9.04%
2000 GT 85 25.60%
2001 RS/GS 29 8.73%
2001 GT 59 17.77%
2002 RS/GS 17 5.12%
2002 GT 26 7.83%
2003 RS/GS 29 8.73%
2003 GT/GTS 49 14.76%
2004 RS/GS 1 0.30%
2004 GT/GTS 7 2.11%
My 2001 cali spec BIG MAPS definition and rom - 97800005-working-00timing-0x52d2-04-closed-370injectors.zip
Kobalt82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/08/2006, 03:03 AM   #39 (permalink)
***Suspended Seller***

WingS_WesT_3g : who are you?WingS_WesT_3g : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to WingS_WesT_3g
OHhh i cant wait!!!!!
WingS_WesT_3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/08/2006, 03:05 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobalt82
Sounds great! When can I place an order for the user tuning software for a 2000 gt? Summer as well?

Of the 332 polled so far 25% of them are 2000 GT's! Add the RS/GS and thats 34% of eclipse owners on here have 2000's. Not the best poll but it shows there is a market in breaking the 2000 code.

2000 RS/GS 30 9.04%
2000 GT 85 25.60%
2001 RS/GS 29 8.73%
2001 GT 59 17.77%
2002 RS/GS 17 5.12%
2002 GT 26 7.83%
2003 RS/GS 29 8.73%
2003 GT/GTS 49 14.76%
2004 RS/GS 1 0.30%
2004 GT/GTS 7 2.11%

We are working on it.... Give us time...
Old 02/08/2006, 06:19 AM   #41 (permalink)
Turbo Buick > you

callmeebryan : who are you?callmeebryan : who are you?callmeebryan : who are you?callmeebryan : who are you?
This is GREAT NEWS Mynes. I, too, am on the east coast and am eagerly awaiting for this over here. This is the same thing as standalone guys!!!!

Do you guys have any plans for the TCM ? Launch control, shift points, etc? And how much can u estimate the whole package to be (ECU, Tuning cable, and whatever else we'll need)?

You guys have a big market about to bombard you with orders .

BTW, this will work on the 2nd generation Dodge Stratus Coupes aswell (They are essentially the same cars). In case you didnt know that .
Old 02/08/2006, 07:11 AM   #42 (permalink)

Cantankerous Tank Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse
gst4g64 seems to be okaygst4g64 seems to be okaygst4g64 seems to be okaygst4g64 seems to be okaygst4g64 seems to be okaygst4g64 seems to be okaygst4g64 seems to be okay
Send a message via ICQ to gst4g64 Send a message via AIM to gst4g64 Send a message via MSN to gst4g64 Send a message via Yahoo to gst4g64 Send a message via Skype™ to gst4g64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber
Just had a very nice conversation with Maxx. He should be posting here soon. In a nutshell, they would ultimately like to be selling the OBD cable interface and let you tune your own vehicle using a laptop. The software to do it will be downloadable for FREE. This seems to be the start of a beautiful relationship.

FYI, they are not letting you ship your ECU's as of yet. I tried
That would be awesome. I have a GS, and I see that they do them, but it says not the 2000s. I have a 2000, but it is not a fedspec. I wonder if the software they are currently using (for the GS) would work with my car.

This seems like this would be a great alternative to the AEM EMS (for us 4cylinder guys), it a much more affordable price, and if we could get the cable and tune it ourselves, instead of sending it to them when we need a reflash, that would be great.

I think I am more excited for this than christmas. Great find guys.
gst4g64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/08/2006, 08:01 AM   #43 (permalink)

Chief Brody : who are you?Chief Brody : who are you?Chief Brody : who are you?Chief Brody : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtz7485
That would be awesome. I have a GS, and I see that they do them, but it says not the 2000s. I have a 2000, but it is not a fedspec. I wonder if the software they are currently using (for the GS) would work with my car.

This seems like this would be a great alternative to the AEM EMS (for us 4cylinder guys), it a much more affordable price, and if we could get the cable and tune it ourselves, instead of sending it to them when we need a reflash, that would be great.

I think I am more excited for this than christmas. Great find guys.

For boosted applications, my guess is you would still need a piggy back such as the emanage to add fuel under boost since the stock ECU has no parameters to alter relating to positive manifold pressure. But this is no big deal, since the emanage won't have to cut the airflow signal at all.

Does anyone know at approx. what HP level our MAS max out at? Without the piggyback cutting the airflow I imagine there must be a ceiling where the MAS can read no more air.
Greddy Emanage Blue
440cc injectors
Tsudo 2.5" Catback

Hook'em Horns!
Old 02/08/2006, 08:19 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody
Does anyone know at approx. what HP level our MAS max out at? Without the piggyback cutting the airflow I imagine there must be a ceiling where the MAS can read no more air.
Since our mas is so similar to the 3kgt and dsm maf.. I would say that above 400hp the mas will start to get over run. The trick is to what frequency it can read to. www.stealth316.com has some great info on mitsu maf's...
Old 02/08/2006, 08:46 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis
Since our mas is so similar to the 3kgt and dsm maf.. I would say that above 400hp the mas will start to get over run. The trick is to what frequency it can read to. www.stealth316.com has some great info on mitsu maf's...

Yeah that's a great site. I can spend hours on there. Hopefully our MASs can meter enough air for around 400hp.

You think this reflash will get off the ground?
Greddy Emanage Blue
440cc injectors
Tsudo 2.5" Catback

Hook'em Horns!
Old 02/08/2006, 08:48 AM   #46 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

I'm pretty happy we can at least get our ECMs flashed from afar... but I'm mostly excited about reflashing our own ECMs here when (if) they release the cable & software.
Old 02/08/2006, 10:08 AM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'm pretty happy we can at least get our ECMs flashed from afar... but I'm mostly excited about reflashing our own ECMs here when (if) they release the cable & software.
That is what I'm most looking forward too. Otherwise it becomes a closed source thing that you literally have to be at their shop for any kind of proper tuning. Perhaps if a few companies could license the technology to do their own flashes? hint hint hint...

In the hands of the inexperienced this is a dangerous tool. In the hands of some experienced tuners, this could be the greatest thing since sliced bread for the 3g platform.
Old 02/08/2006, 12:25 PM   #48 (permalink)
back to the 3G...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklink
rev limiter is the same as fuel cut. its at like 6xxx rpm
Yeah I understand that rev limiter and fuel cut are the same thing...that quote was from the "speed limiter" section. The way it read, it's like it was saying that the 3G has a governor, but that the speed that it's set at is higher than what we could ever actually reach. I was just wondering what speed they would have set it at...and why they would have even had one if it was impossible to reach it anyways...
Old 02/08/2006, 12:35 PM   #49 (permalink)
SPYDEY MF!

Vehicle: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
ARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends here
Now, I know this may be a dumb question, but if one was to go through with this, would this increase power or would this just make the ECU tuneable for boost applications and such?
ARACHNO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/08/2006, 01:11 PM   #50 (permalink)
Turbo Buick > you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart4898
Yeah I understand that rev limiter and fuel cut are the same thing...that quote was from the "speed limiter" section. The way it read, it's like it was saying that the 3G has a governor, but that the speed that it's set at is higher than what we could ever actually reach. I was just wondering what speed they would have set it at...and why they would have even had one if it was impossible to reach it anyways...
I remember ross telling be how he hit 160 racing a M3 on the garden state parkway in his car hah . Our cars(im refering to the v6's) can definetly go faster than 132 in stock form....

When this company reflashes the ecu, they wouldnt reset it to another number, they will just complete unrestrict you, meaning no more speed limiter whatsoever.
Old 02/08/2006, 01:15 PM   #51 (permalink)
Turbo Buick > you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody
Yeah that's a great site. I can spend hours on there. Hopefully our MASs can meter enough air for around 400hp.

You think this reflash will get off the ground?
I forget who it was, but a SDS car blew the stock mas up at 25psi ......
Old 02/08/2006, 01:17 PM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeebryan
I forget who it was, but a SDS car blew the stock mas up at 25psi ......
blew it off the car, not blew it up ... psi has nothing really to do w/ whp... It's all about volume that the mas can read.
Old 02/08/2006, 01:32 PM   #53 (permalink)
Lance Corporal

Vehicle: 04 Cummins 4x4
McLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regular
So if we already have an OBDII interface cable like I have for my Datalogger on my laptop could we download the free software retune stuff and use our exhisting cable? I hope so. This is great guys I cnat wait till summer!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

Motivated Lance Corporal of Marines! OOHRAH!
McLarenross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/08/2006, 01:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
Hating the 3G !!!

Vehicle: 05' 350Z
blackgt00 : who are you?
same question arachno asked , can this increase hp on a n/a car i mean i have h/i/e.Iam interested as wheel i would love to reach 200's whp on this car n/a.
blackgt00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/08/2006, 02:02 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgt00
same question arachno asked , can this increase hp on a n/a car i mean i have h/i/e.Iam interested as wheel i would love to reach 200's whp on this car n/a.
You have to ask yourself this question. How can I make 200 whp on a N/A motor? Reflashing the ECU will allow you to easily tune your car to that goal. But the #1 thing to achieve that goal, is to increase the volumetric efficiency of your engine. Reflashing your ECU will NOT increase your volumetric efficiency to the engine. You will have to change intake, headers, cams, ported heads, higher compression, bigger valves, etc to increase the airflow to the engine (volumetric efficiency). You would be able to tune your ECU to those mods to reach those goals.

It's hard to make alot power from a N/A motor by simply reprogramming your ECU. You have to do other thing in conjuction of a reflash.
Old 02/08/2006, 02:07 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenross
So if we already have an OBDII interface cable like I have for my Datalogger on my laptop could we download the free software retune stuff and use our exhisting cable? I hope so. This is great guys I cnat wait till summer!

Actually no... The cable is different for prgramming, it's not the same as a datalogger cable. Free software will not be available until late summer, early fall maybe. We may offer mail-in flashes until that time comes. Reflashing is easy to do, but to tune your vehicle's ECU binary data is not easy. If you change one wrong byte, can either blow your motor, or fry you ECU. So we have to consider that.
Old 02/08/2006, 02:38 PM   #57 (permalink)
back to the 3G...

Makes sense - the datalogger cable would only need to transmit data from the OBDII interface to the computer, whereas one for programming would have to be able to do that AND also transmit data back to the interface to reflash the ECU.

My understanding of an ECU reflash is that it's sorta like flashing the BIOS on your computer, if some of you are familiar with that. It's not a hard process, but if you fawk up one thing, your computer is done - it's really hard to reverse successfully since I believe you're writing information to ROM (read only memory). I've never screwed up a BIOS reflash, but I know it's possible, and I'd imagine that it's quite possible (and a lot more costly) to screw it up with the car's ECU.
Old 02/08/2006, 04:18 PM   #58 (permalink)
Lance Corporal

Vehicle: 04 Cummins 4x4
McLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regular
Well damn. Guess Ill just have to have another cable than that will work for this tuner. Also, once I have this program, can I only tune one car or can I tune more than one car with it?

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

Motivated Lance Corporal of Marines! OOHRAH!
McLarenross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/08/2006, 04:33 PM   #59 (permalink)
SPYDEY MF!

Vehicle: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
ARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytech
You have to ask yourself this question. How can I make 200 whp on a N/A motor? Reflashing the ECU will allow you to easily tune your car to that goal. But the #1 thing to achieve that goal, is to increase the volumetric efficiency of your engine. Reflashing your ECU will NOT increase your volumetric efficiency to the engine. You will have to change intake, headers, cams, ported heads, higher compression, bigger valves, etc to increase the airflow to the engine (volumetric efficiency). You would be able to tune your ECU to those mods to reach those goals.

It's hard to make alot power from a N/A motor by simply reprogramming your ECU. You have to do other thing in conjuction of a reflash.
I have an AEM Intake and Invidia Cat-back and will be purchasing RPW 3-1 Long Tube headers, having an extension made with a hi-flow cat, RPW Stage 1 Street Cam, RPW 65 mm tb (or proflow 62-63 mm tb), fuel pressure regulator, 2400 stall Torque Converter (i know tranny has nothing to do with this) and I have a GTS so I have high compression anyways...so a ECU reflash would help me out pretty darn good? I was wanting to get an s-afc II and have it dyno tuned, but if I get the ECU reflashed, do I not need a afc at all or will i still need it?

Last edited by ARACHNO; 02/08/2006 at 04:35 PM.
ARACHNO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/08/2006, 04:37 PM   #60 (permalink)

Wait so your saying that you dont think any real gains can be accomplished on a n/a motor with this reflash? What about the Eclipse GT you guys did the reflash on that supposedly gained 8hp and 17tq and the the 4 cylinder you reflashed that makes an additional 5hp and 7trq on the dyno, are you saying those arent real power gains or are those guys running some crazy setup beyond intake exhaust and maybe headers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.