3.8 6G75 Swap Discussion - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08/21/2006, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03' GTS
camoner : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to camoner
3.8 6G75 Swap Discussion

has anyone done any research into the 6g75 because i've found a 3.8l for not much more then then 6g74 at a scrap yard near me, if anyone has any info about what might go into the fit up id love to see it
camoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08/21/2006, 10:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Zed oh six

Vehicle: 2002 Corvette Z06
Rulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be new
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoner
has anyone done any research into the 6g75 because i've found a 3.8l for not much more then then 6g74 at a scrap yard near me, if anyone has any info about what might go into the fit up id love to see it
From what I could tell when looking at the 4g, the mounts are in the same location that they are for us. The transmission on the 3G may not bolt up, but you could always get their 6-speed in that case.

If that motor is cheap enough, just buy it and try it out. If it doesnt work you could always sell it again.

EDIT: The ECU would probably need to be swapped too, in order for the MIVEC to work.

Paving The Way - Sport Compact Car Magazine Feature
Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/21/2006, 12:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ripp'd 3.5L

Vehicle: Eclipse GT 2005
Dragon34x seems to be okayDragon34x seems to be okayDragon34x seems to be okayDragon34x seems to be okayDragon34x seems to be okayDragon34x seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to Dragon34x Send a message via MSN to Dragon34x
actually, it be a very difficult swap. It is all electronically controlled. Meaning, even the throttle pedal shit is electronically controlled! You could probably use the block itself but using the rest might be a lil difficult. deck height is too tall for out engine compartment (nothing a lil after market hood cant handle, ie: raised hood) It would be very interesting to see though.
Old 08/21/2006, 12:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lance Corporal

Vehicle: 04 Cummins 4x4
McLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regular
I recall Manybreaws saying that the bellhousings fro the 4G 6-speed and the 3G 5-speed were almost identical. Even so. Id just use the 6-speed. You would need the whole wireing harness and ECU though to make it work. Its easier to just get the 3.5 and bore it out to 3.8-3.9 and do some nice head work and drop it in.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

Motivated Lance Corporal of Marines! OOHRAH!
McLarenross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/21/2006, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ah yes...

Vehicle: 00 GT RIPP STG.3 & EVO X
Clipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wide
Send a message via AIM to Clipse3GT Send a message via MSN to Clipse3GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenross
I recall Manybreaws saying that the bellhousings fro the 4G 6-speed and the 3G 5-speed were almost identical. Even so. Id just use the 6-speed. You would need the whole wireing harness and ECU though to make it work. Its easier to just get the 3.5 and bore it out to 3.8-3.9 and do some nice head work and drop it in.
Is there enough material to bore it out to 3.8L???
Clipse3GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/21/2006, 03:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lance Corporal

McLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regular
Russ is talking about 4.1 so i guess so.

1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

Old 08/21/2006, 04:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Vehicle: 2007 350Z
Tearstone has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Tearstone Send a message via AIM to Tearstone
Quote:
Russ is talking about 4.1 so i guess so.
4.1 strokers, not necessarily dependant upon bore but stroked out to 4.1
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/21/2006, 05:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lance Corporal

True. I forgot about crank travel. What do the wall thicknesses look like to you. Think .040"-.050" over is feasible??

1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

Old 08/21/2006, 05:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Quote:
True. I forgot about crank travel. What do the wall thicknesses look like to you. Think .040"-.050" over is feasible??
Plenty of meat on the walls of all the Mitsu 6 cylidners I've come accross. It's the 4cylinders that you have to be careful about.
Old 08/22/2006, 02:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

but think of wat you can do with a 3.8L if you bore it , the thing is the electronics, do you think there would be a way to either keep something from my engine so I dont have to deal with it, or basically would i be driving a 4g in a 3g body?
Old 08/23/2006, 09:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
I think too much

JoesInBoston : who are you?JoesInBoston : who are you?JoesInBoston : who are you?JoesInBoston : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoner
but think of wat you can do with a 3.8L if you bore it , the thing is the electronics, do you think there would be a way to either keep something from my engine so I dont have to deal with it, or basically would i be driving a 4g in a 3g body?
I would talk to some of the guys at RPW about this. They seem to know the 6G7X platforms extremely well. I could be wrong, but I think they have setup standalone computers on Mivec engines. I don't see any reason why you couldn't do the same with some of their help.
JoesInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/23/2006, 11:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Boosted

Donkey Kong Champion! Midi Golf Champion!
Vehicle: 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
TheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by all
why not just use the 3.8L block and 3G heads or even 3.5L heads?

2007 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring
1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R

3G Boosted Since Jan 2003, Beating on the 3G since 2000.
TheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/23/2006, 11:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
I think too much

JoesInBoston : who are you?JoesInBoston : who are you?JoesInBoston : who are you?JoesInBoston : who are you?
Quote:
I recall Manybreaws saying that the bellhousings fro the 4G 6-speed and the 3G 5-speed were almost identical. Even so. Id just use the 6-speed.
I am no transmission guru, but wouldn't you then need custom length axle's? The tranny may bolt up to the engine, but what about all the rotating stuff?
Old 08/23/2006, 11:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
I think too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFranchise
why not just use the 3.8L block and 3G heads or even 3.5L heads?
will they match up to the 3.8L block?

And correct me if I am wrong, but most of the 3.8's hp and tq gain over the 3.5 and the 3.0 is from the MIVEC technology right? I know you'd still get a gain from the displacement change, but you wouldn't be getting the whole shabang, so to speak. Right?
Old 08/23/2006, 11:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 VW GTI
randyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by many
Swapping the ecus and electronics should take care of the MIVEC technology issue.
randyrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/23/2006, 11:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
I think too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyrat
Swapping the ecus and electronics should take care of the MIVEC technology issue.
While it will take care of the Mivec issue, someone stated earlier in this thread that alot of stuff on the 4G is electronically controlled. Specifically, the throttle pedal. If that is the case, I would assume that the gas pedal has some sort of sensor on it to see how far down the driver has pushed it. The sensor relays that information to the ECU, and the ECU then relays that information to some tiny motor attached to the throttle body that opens it up a certain percentage based on the input from the ECU.

I read an article a while ago about this "drive by wire" technology and how alot of car companies are starting to implement similar stuff. I am not sure if Mitsu did this or not, but someone Dragon34x seems to think so. Who knows?
Old 08/23/2006, 02:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ripp'd 3.5L

Dragon34x seems to be okayDragon34x seems to be okayDragon34x seems to be okayDragon34x seems to be okayDragon34x seems to be okayDragon34x seems to be okay
yup the 4g uses drive by wire shit.
Old 10/03/2006, 09:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
injen00eclips : who are you?
I own a 2006 G6 that uses a lot of drive-by-wire technology and happen to work at a pontiac dealership as well, it's some crazy looking shit to get involved with, so I'd be careful...but, where there's a will, there's a way and the you said the engine was cheap anyway.
Coming soon: 18" Konig Unknowns, VIS Ballistix Full Body Kit, VIS Evolution Carbon Fiber Hood and OEM Carbon Fiber Trunk
injen00eclips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/03/2006, 10:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

cheap engine doesnt mean much, you know the formula time v. money
Old 10/03/2006, 11:36 PM   #20 (permalink)

Vehicle: 08 Jeep JK 4x4
cyberbrain seems to be okaycyberbrain seems to be okaycyberbrain seems to be okaycyberbrain seems to be okaycyberbrain seems to be okaycyberbrain seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to cyberbrain
the solution is pretty simple. and it can be done since the 4g has been out for a while now, you find a 4g that was totaled in a rear end accident. and some minor stuff in the front. buy the car and you now have a donor car. If I was going to do a MIVEC swap, thats is exactly what I would do.
cyberbrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/04/2006, 08:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Word on the street is that the 3.8L in the 4G has a non returnable fuel system. The 4G has a real uphill battle for forced induction.
Old 10/05/2006, 11:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
My luvly manly lump!

Vehicle: 06GTPP/AWD + 01GTPP-T/5MT
Slippercream : who are you?Slippercream : who are you?Slippercream : who are you?Slippercream : who are you?Slippercream : who are you?
Send a message via Yahoo to Slippercream
Excuse me?

CPA in 7 months !!!
Slippercream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/06/2006, 07:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippercream
Excuse me?
Mike W. at RRE stated that you can't use an FMU on the 4G without building the return line to go back into the gas tank. Not that I'm an advocate of an FMU type system anyways but still. They used a lot more technologly on the 4G than they did with the 3G. Also the ECU is not the same either, the ECU Flash does not work on it.
Old 10/06/2006, 12:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Boosted

Donkey Kong Champion! Midi Golf Champion!
Vehicle: 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
TheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstone
Word on the street is that the 3.8L in the 4G has a non returnable fuel system. The 4G has a real uphill battle for forced induction.

why does that make it harder? who give a fawk about returned fuel?

2007 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring
1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R

3G Boosted Since Jan 2003, Beating on the 3G since 2000.
TheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/09/2006, 12:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
My luvly manly lump!

Slippercream : who are you?Slippercream : who are you?Slippercream : who are you?Slippercream : who are you?Slippercream : who are you?
I DO! That explains how this car gulps so much fuel like it's free bottomless Mojitos on bitches' night!

So will running a return line back into the tank really be necessary? Ross and I were talking about just using the Ultimate for a simple solution anyway. Fuel return or not, the variances won't really matter that much if you're limiting fuel by injector pulse, I'd think.

CPA in 7 months !!!
Old 10/09/2006, 01:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippercream
I DO! That explains how this car gulps so much fuel like it's free bottomless Mojitos on bitches' night!

So will running a return line back into the tank really be necessary? Ross and I were talking about just using the Ultimate for a simple solution anyway. Fuel return or not, the variances won't really matter that much if you're limiting fuel by injector pulse, I'd think.
Nah, not having a return fuel line does not really create any problems if you know how to properly setup a car for fuel
Old 10/09/2006, 01:01 AM   #27 (permalink)
My luvly manly lump!

Fuel? What's that?

My Mr. Fusion runs on egg shells and beer cans!

CPA in 7 months !!!
Old 11/08/2006, 12:58 PM   #28 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 gt p
dizzydragon : who are you?
anyone know if the new 3.8L gt engine will fit into the 3g gt??

my mitsu tech says it "will not fit"
others are telling me otherwise

can anyone please offer advice?

thanks!
dizzydragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/08/2006, 01:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
ASSHOLE!

Vehicle: 2002 eclipse rs turbo
4g64tpsssst : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to 4g64tpsssst
anything fits just needs shitload of work just do it
4g64tpsssst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/08/2006, 04:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
Lance Corporal

The block will go in Im pretty sure. As for the exhaust manifolds.....No. The 4G rear manifold is worse that the 3G rear manifold.

1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

Old 11/08/2006, 04:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
My luvly manly lump!

You also will most likely encounter problems fitting that intake manifold in the engine bay. As it is, the 3G engine bay is much more cramped than that of the 4G. You may have to custom-fab one that won't come so close to the firewall.

CPA in 7 months !!!
Old 11/08/2006, 05:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
SPYDEY MF!

Vehicle: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
ARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends hereARACHNO has a few friends here
I wonder if this is indeed feasible, if the 3g will then suffer from the GODAWFUL torque steer the 4g has?
ARACHNO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/25/2007, 06:07 PM   #33 (permalink)

ByeZ28HiGTS : who are you?
Where did He say that this was a 3.8L MIVEC engine? Mitsu makes a 215 HP 3.8 liter engine in the motero. I'm pretty sure that that is a 6G75, and that it shouldn't be any harder to put into the eclipe then the 6g74.
ByeZ28HiGTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/25/2007, 06:08 PM   #34 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeZ28HiGTS View Post
Where did He say that this was a 3.8L MIVEC engine? Mitsu makes a 215 HP 3.8 liter engine in the motero. I'm pretty sure that that is a 6G75, and that it shouldn't be any harder to put into the eclipe then the 6g74.
Really? Is this a Montero/Pajero outside of the US?
Old 02/25/2007, 06:24 PM   #35 (permalink)

the 2005 and later Montero switched to a 3.8 liter engine.

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/deta...60619&mime=ASC
Old 02/25/2007, 06:26 PM   #36 (permalink)

the hp gain isn't all that much, but 50 extra pound feet of torque would be nice. If I had to guess I would say that fitting the exhaust manifolds into the 3g would be a bitch. There's barely enough room for the crappy rear exhaust manifolds that the car comes with.
Old 02/25/2007, 06:36 PM   #37 (permalink)

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/deta...52825&mime=ASC
I guess it runs on regular gas too? Nice, It'd be nice to see what this motor could do with headers, an intake, and tuning for premium gasoline.
Old 02/25/2007, 06:45 PM   #38 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeZ28HiGTS View Post
the 2005 and later Montero switched to a 3.8 liter engine.

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/deta...60619&mime=ASC
That's great news for those owners, lots of aftermarket support on the way for everyone
Old 03/05/2007, 11:22 AM   #39 (permalink)
Ripp'd 3.5L

Would anyone here happen to know what size injectors come on the galants 6G75? Also. . . would ya happen to know what impedence they are?
Old 03/05/2007, 11:53 AM   #40 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon34x View Post
Would anyone here happen to know what size injectors come on the galants 6G75? Also. . . would ya happen to know what impedence they are?
That is the non-mivec engine right?
Old 03/05/2007, 05:36 PM   #41 (permalink)
Ripp'd 3.5L

Right. . . it'd be nice to have the info for both too.
Old 03/05/2007, 05:55 PM   #42 (permalink)
(b)org banugee

Vehicle: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3
citm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to citm2000
At the risk of being really flamed if it has been posted already, I put this up on the other site and I'd like to hear what y'all think.

Have any of you considered putting the AWD sporty transmission from the magna on the 'clipse? It bolts up to the 6G74.

I did a quick search and didn't see anything about it. If it's a dead horse, go ahead and flame me.
Old 03/07/2007, 04:27 PM   #43 (permalink)
Ripp'd 3.5L

I didnt find anything. . .

anyone here got the info?
Old 03/07/2007, 04:43 PM   #44 (permalink)
(b)org banugee

Vehicle: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3
citm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to citm2000
With people spending thousands on mods, I have to think that someone is crazy enough to spend the money to import that tranny.
Old 03/07/2007, 09:34 PM   #45 (permalink)
Ripp'd 3.5L

oh, i was talking about the injectos . . . .
Old 03/07/2007, 10:16 PM   #46 (permalink)
Now also Sleepr4dr

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GT
Sleepr03GT : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Sleepr03GT
i'd really enjoy someone giving this a try for the rest of us, because a guy down here ran 13.8 bone stock on an 4g GT

i'm wanting to see what it will do in a smaller chassis
1991 Galant VR4 12.61 @ 105 on 14lbs boost --sold
Sleepr03GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/07/2007, 10:23 PM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Vehicle: 13psi 6G72
ahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okayahspimp023 seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to ahspimp023
Would love to see this dream come true, it could be a one-of-a-kind.
ahspimp023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/10/2007, 09:42 AM   #48 (permalink)
Ripp'd 3.5L

Anyone with info on the INJECTORS!!! . . . need to know asap, cuz i got a pretty good chance to buy some for cheap if they are around the size that i will need!
Old 07/30/2007, 01:41 AM   #49 (permalink)
2k1 Spyder GT

Vehicle: 2k1 Eclipse
Maxpow99 needs to be reminded to breathe.
These engines are getting cheaper... Someone needs to get the dimensions and compare them to the 6G72 Dimensions so we have an idea of fitting in the engine bay. I'm looking at swaps simply because displacement is key if these cars are ever going to be up there speed wise.
Old 07/30/2007, 02:09 PM   #50 (permalink)
Cocknozzle
Cocknozzle

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T
Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT
It's already been proven that it will fit, but very tightly.
Devin01RT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/30/2007, 02:50 PM   #51 (permalink)

Vehicle: 3G V6 2001
bendeek : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by citm2000 View Post
At the risk of being really flamed if it has been posted already, I put this up on the other site and I'd like to hear what y'all think.

Have any of you considered putting the AWD sporty transmission from the magna on the 'clipse? It bolts up to the 6G74.

I did a quick search and didn't see anything about it. If it's a dead horse, go ahead and flame me.

i'd do it if i knew it worked!
bendeek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/30/2007, 04:29 PM   #52 (permalink)
Ripp'd 3.5L

I'll be attempting this once i come back from Iraq next year. . . . Possibly even be throwing in the 6speed tranny too. . . .but until then. . . anyone else wanna step up?
Old 07/30/2007, 04:30 PM   #53 (permalink)
Cocknozzle
Cocknozzle

Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT Devin01RT
Quote:
I'll be attempting this once i come back from Iraq next year. . . . Possibly even be throwing in the 6speed tranny too. . . .but until then. . . anyone else wanna step up?

I'ma stick to my Diamante swap for now
Old 07/31/2007, 05:36 AM   #54 (permalink)

Vehicle: 3G V6 2001
bendeek : who are you?
Quote:

you gotta let me know if this works! = -)
bendeek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/31/2007, 04:14 PM   #55 (permalink)
2k1 Spyder GT

Vehicle: 2k1 Eclipse
Maxpow99 needs to be reminded to breathe.
So the axles with line up? If not couldn't you always use the 4g axles and Diff and just swap that in too when you put in the engine??
Old 08/01/2007, 04:25 PM   #56 (permalink)
Experienced member

onewkd3g : who are you?
I have a question, if 3.8 uses the drive by wire setup couldnt you just swap the throttle body off the 3.0 and put it on the 3.8? wouldnt that get rid of that particular issue, and then just use the ecu off the gts for the mivec control?
onewkd3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/08/2007, 12:50 PM   #57 (permalink)
Cocknozzle
Cocknozzle

I'm guessing you'd have to keep the 3.8 ECU for it's own motor...
Old 08/09/2007, 08:14 PM   #58 (permalink)
Experienced member

onewkd3g : who are you?
I kind of figured that, but would there be anyway to get around the drive by wire set-up, thats the only reason i posted that question. that shit is a pain in the ass to work with.
onewkd3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/29/2007, 05:12 AM   #59 (permalink)
Night Phantom GTS

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GTS
PhantomGTS : who are you?
Send a message via Yahoo to PhantomGTS
Sorry for asking a reoccuring question, but I really need a quick answer. Will the 3.8L fit in the engine bay or not. Heres why I ask. I came a across a 6G75 from a 2006 GT Spyder that was given to a fire dept. by me. Well they cut the car up, and the engine, transmission, and rest of the chopped up mess resides in a junkyard. The owner is selling it for really cheap I guess, and I want to know what all I would have to do to get it in, and running.
PhantomGTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/29/2007, 01:13 PM   #60 (permalink)
Cocknozzle
Cocknozzle

If you would've read from above the engine mounts "appear" to be in the same location, it's just not certain that the transmission will bolt-up directly. You'd also need the ECU and anything else that is electronically controlled. I'd say stick with the 3.5l swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.