Obama's Inauguration - Page 2 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > The Lounge

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/24/2009, 09:47 AM   #61 (permalink)
BMSMA

Vehicle: IS250
Phinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by user#451 View Post
You do realize that Obama has been FAR FROM truthful, transparent, and honest right?
Examples.
Phinhead54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/24/2009, 09:56 AM   #62 (permalink)
One Sic Mic

Vehicle: F-150 Supercrew 4x4
ShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwessinger View Post
I am starting to agree. In essence, these people were captured on the "battlefield" and delivered to a prison until we figured out what to do with them. All of this could have been avoided if the soldiers did what soldiers used to do--eliminate the enemy threat on sight.
I'm assuming their is sarcasm in your tone; right?
ShaneM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/24/2009, 10:05 AM   #63 (permalink)
passport applied for

Vehicle: 03 spyder gts
tomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by many
I voted for Ted Nuggent, and if you can't stop spending more than you make/ like everyone i know/ who can help you?
I do like that he is reading Jefferson/ Lincoln etc.
God 1'st
We the people 2nd
and if you don't work you don't eat!
tomsoutdoor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/24/2009, 10:17 AM   #64 (permalink)
2005 MLB CHAMPS

Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Camry SE V6
EGL SCT - if you don't know me, you must be newEGL SCT - if you don't know me, you must be newEGL SCT - if you don't know me, you must be newEGL SCT - if you don't know me, you must be newEGL SCT - if you don't know me, you must be newEGL SCT - if you don't know me, you must be newEGL SCT - if you don't know me, you must be newEGL SCT - if you don't know me, you must be newEGL SCT - if you don't know me, you must be newEGL SCT - if you don't know me, you must be newEGL SCT - if you don't know me, you must be new
Send a message via Yahoo to EGL SCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rms6799 View Post
Or Bush.
Most of his cabinet are ex clinton, not bush's people. So my comment stands.
EGL SCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/24/2009, 12:32 PM   #65 (permalink)

RedGalant2k1 seems to be okayRedGalant2k1 seems to be okayRedGalant2k1 seems to be okayRedGalant2k1 seems to be okayRedGalant2k1 seems to be okayRedGalant2k1 seems to be okayRedGalant2k1 seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phinhead54 View Post
Examples.
I guess you missed the campaign huh...?

He said he did know Jeremiah Wright well, but he baptized his daughters. He said he really doesn't know what goes on in the church, but attends regularly. His mystery around how and where he was born and grew up. His flat out refusal to release any school records or documentation.

His continued litigation with regard to his citizenship. He has hired three LAW FIRMS, yea FIRMS, not just lawyers. He has abated any court ruling to produce verifiable evidence of his birthrights. He has already waffled on several issues from Gun rights to taxes.

But I guess he is the messiah though right?
RedGalant2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/24/2009, 01:40 PM   #66 (permalink)
I can haz footballz?

Vehicle: Honda Fit
ZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
Yes. For fuck's sake, YES.

Some 15 years ago, an American citizen in Singapore vandalized a bunch of cars (breaking windows, spraypainting slurs on them) and the Singapore laws are very strict and very harsh when it comes to any crime. The punishment for his crimes was six lashes with a bamboo pole. Something that could and probably would severely injure or even kill him. Despite the clear guilt of the American, the media here had a shitstorm over the incident and resulting punishment. It was entirely too harsh and barbaric! we here in America decried. And guess what? Our state department put such intense pressure on Singapore that they lowered the amount of lashes to four.

Michael P. Fay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So yes, we in America care about our people without qualification or (usually) hesitation more than I can think of most countries not in Western Europe. As it should be.

I am sick and tired of civil rights abuses being condoned for the sake of "the looming terrorist threat", the Geneva Convention and our Constitution being spit upon and the blight on our domestic and foreign relations and perception that is Guantanamo Bay. Enough! There is nothing more un-American than that prison.

Never mind the fact that those terrorist cells including Al-Jihad were a direct result of torture in prisons. The entire movement to become "extremists" stemmed from Egyptian prisons.

One fundamental part of Al-Qaeda has a distinct Egyptian influence, Bin Laden was extremely influenced by these Egyptian fundamentalists, and of course the US presence in Saudi Arabia lingering in what is the most sacred of Islamic Holy lands, for far after Gulf War certainly didn't help either.
ZERK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/24/2009, 06:52 PM   #67 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Vehicle: 1990 BNR32
kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.
Send a message via AIM to kabob Send a message via MSN to kabob
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
I guess you missed the campaign huh...?

He said he did know Jeremiah Wright well, but he baptized his daughters. He said he really doesn't know what goes on in the church, but attends regularly. His mystery around how and where he was born and grew up. His flat out refusal to release any school records or documentation.

His continued litigation with regard to his citizenship. He has hired three LAW FIRMS, yea FIRMS, not just lawyers. He has abated any court ruling to produce verifiable evidence of his birthrights. He has already waffled on several issues from Gun rights to taxes.

But I guess he is the messiah though right?
Why are you bringing this old bullshit up again? It sounds like sour grapes.

Just because he attended Jeremiah Wright's church for services doesn't mean that he buys part and parcel into the sometime racist comments that Wright made Obama made the conscientious decision to discontinue membership to Wright's congregation due to his incendiary comments, but that's not good enough, is it?

And what mystery around how and where he grew up? He's been open and candid about his traveling the world, going to school in Indonesia as a child and which schools he attended, and then spoke candidly and fondly of being raised by his grandparents because his mother wanted him to have a more stable and solid upbringing (she continued to travel the world due to her career). I swear, the only mystery that I can see is where the right wing gets their misinformation and significant distrust.

His Citizenship? He's produced a legal birth certificate showing that he was born in Hawaii, verified by the courts. He needs to do more than that? Where's the evidence that he wasn't born in the US? Unfounded speculation is no basis for a legal argument and Obama shouldn't have to constantly make issue of this topic when he's already met the burden of proof.

I honestly cannot understand this animosity towards Obama. Really, you want him to fail? Our country cannot afford for that to happen. I'm more than happy to throw my support to the man we elected President. The last few weeks have already proved that he's not sitting back while the country goes to hell in a handbasket.
kabob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/24/2009, 07:51 PM   #68 (permalink)
One Sic Mic

ShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by allShaneM seems to be well-liked by all
Not to get too far off topic but one thing I've noticed (my wife watches MSNBC) is how the liberal talking heads can't stop talking about and keep on bashing Bush. Gees, let it go. It's over with. You won. You got your messiah!

Again, I'm all for Obama doing good things for our country. I hope he turns things around. I just hope he doesn't sacrafice our security to do it.
Old 01/24/2009, 08:01 PM   #69 (permalink)
BMSMA

Phinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneM View Post
Not to get too far off topic but one thing I've noticed (my wife watches MSNBC) is how the liberal talking heads can't stop talking about and keep on bashing Bush. Gees, let it go. It's over with. You won. You got your messiah!

Again, I'm all for Obama doing good things for our country. I hope he turns things around. I just hope he doesn't sacrafice our security to do it.
How's that any different then Rush Limbaugh saying "I hope Obama fails"?
Old 01/24/2009, 10:04 PM   #70 (permalink)
More guns than sense

kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.
Quote:

I agree completely. These days in my posts, I'm trying to make careful sure not to mention Bush or the previous administration unless it's a topical, factual comment.
Old 01/24/2009, 10:31 PM   #71 (permalink)
I can haz footballz?

ZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club existsZERK is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:

There's your problem, you watch the news. I've been sick of TV media for a long time, every station has a damn slander, and they don't tell you anything. Reading FTW.
Old 01/24/2009, 11:15 PM   #72 (permalink)
One Sic Mic

Quote:
How's that any different then Rush Limbaugh saying "I hope Obama fails"?
If you can't tell the difference then I don't know any other way to explain it to you. I don't want the man to fail. If he fails, then we all suffer. I'm active duty military (16+ years) and I'm a little tired of it all myself. However, I wouldn't want to pack everything up and shut down "shop" for the sole purpose of pleasing the liberal masses.

We absolutely need to move in a new direction. A new direction though, doesn't mean we have to sacrifice our security and safety to please the bleeding hearts who think hugs and kisses with extremists will make everything okay.

Obama needs to heal some divides for sure. But lets heal those divides with a measure of caution as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERK View Post
There's your problem, you watch the news. I've been sick of TV media for a long time, every station has a damn slander, and they don't tell you anything. Reading FTW.
The only news I watch is on NFL Network or ESPN My wife LOVES MSNBC and when I'm getting ready in the morning or when I come home in the evening, it's on. I just happen to hear crap and get all bent out of shape. I honestly think she does it on purpose :lo:
Old 01/24/2009, 11:32 PM   #73 (permalink)
BMSMA

Quote:
If you can't tell the difference then I don't know any other way to explain it to you. I don't want the man to fail. If he fails, then we all suffer. I'm active duty military (16+ years) and I'm a little tired of it all myself. However, I wouldn't want to pack everything up and shut down "shop" for the sole purpose of pleasing the liberal masses.
You can't explain it because there is no difference.

Quote:
We absolutely need to move in a new direction. A new direction though, doesn't mean we have to sacrifice our security and safety to please the bleeding hearts who think hugs and kisses with extremists will make everything okay.
Saying we're sacrificing safety is just as big of a shot in the dark as saying what the previous administration did ensured safety. There are a lot of very smart people out there who believe that the politics of the last 8 years has actually made us more prone for attack because MORE people hate us now.

Quote:
Obama needs to heal some divides for sure. But lets heal those divides with a measure of caution as well.
Agreed, but I don't see him not doing that.

Quote:
The only news I watch is on NFL Network or ESPN My wife LOVES MSNBC and when I'm getting ready in the morning or when I come home in the evening, it's on. I just happen to hear crap and get all bent out of shape. I honestly think she does it on purpose :lo:

Hell, I feel the same way watching Fixed news where people like Glen Beck are allowed to spout easily disproved falsheoods as fact (look up his recent rant about Obama being the first President not sworn in on a Bible, something very quickly and easily disproven).
Old 01/24/2009, 11:45 PM   #74 (permalink)
One Sic Mic

Honestly Phin, you're picking a fight where there isn't one. To some degree, I'm actually agreeing with some of your points (surprisingly)
Old 01/25/2009, 08:18 AM   #75 (permalink)
We are...Penn State

Vehicle: 2006 Infiniti G35
jhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to jhoffner
Quote:
You can't explain it because there is no difference.
1. Rush Limbaugh doesn't claim to be unbiased as MSNBC does
2. Rush Limbaugh is not on a major TV network..in fact, he's not on TV at all
3. Everyone knows what to expect if they tune in to Rush Limbaugh. Unfortunately, some people still think they're going to get unbiased truth out of stations like MSNBC, and it just isn't so.
4. Etc. ()

To say that there is no difference is just completely asinine and you know it.
jhoffner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/25/2009, 08:22 AM   #76 (permalink)
We are...Penn State

jhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regularjhoffner should be considered a regular
Quote:
the last 8 years has actually made us more prone for attack because MORE people hate us now.
Although I can see the logic behind that statement I can already see what that type of thinking is setting us up for.

1. USA is attacked 3 years into Obama's term
2. Democrats cry that Bush set us up to be attacked
3. Obama is defended as being not at fault even though he cuts intelligence agencies' and defense funding dramatically (I'm not saying he will do that...but he will).

Last edited by jhoffner; 01/25/2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01/25/2009, 08:52 AM   #77 (permalink)
passport applied for

tomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by many
Messiah, there is only 1! it is going to get way worse! tighten your belts.
we're in for a heck of a ride, you all seem very intelligent and i can't figure out why
ordinary people can see the problems and those in office just keep adding to them!
i quit watching Beck also> what pisses me off is we give more and more to other country's and i know real poor people that can't get anything,except from our church's
America praise God= God bless America!
Old 01/25/2009, 09:02 AM   #78 (permalink)
We are...Penn State

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsoutdoor View Post
Messiah, there is only 1! it is going to get way worse! tighten your belts.
we're in for a heck of a ride, you all seem very intelligent and i can't figure out why
ordinary people can see the problems and those in office just keep adding to them!
i quit watching Beck also> what pisses me off is we give more and more to other country's and i know real poor people that can't get anything,except from our church's
America praise God= God bless America!
I am totally bamboozled.
Old 01/25/2009, 09:53 AM   #79 (permalink)
passport applied for

Well we are really not in control like people think!
God has a plan and no matter what, it will be done!
i just hope you are all putting your faith in god and not some new leader that's all.
Old 01/25/2009, 10:53 AM   #80 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GT
sunnyD is well-liked by manysunnyD is well-liked by manysunnyD is well-liked by manysunnyD is well-liked by manysunnyD is well-liked by manysunnyD is well-liked by manysunnyD is well-liked by manysunnyD is well-liked by manysunnyD is well-liked by manysunnyD is well-liked by manysunnyD is well-liked by many
Quote:
i just hope you are all putting your faith in god and not some new leader that's all.
sunnyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/25/2009, 10:58 AM   #81 (permalink)
One Sic Mic

Quote:
Not to drive this train completely off the track, but while I do agree that God has a plan for us all; we are COMPLETELY in control. It's called free will.......
Old 01/25/2009, 11:07 AM   #82 (permalink)
I can haz footballz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoffner View Post
Although I can see the logic behind that statement I can already see what that type of thinking is setting us up for.

1. USA is attacked 3 years into Obama's term
2. Democrats cry that Bush set us up to be attacked
3. Obama is defended as being not at fault even though he cuts intelligence agencies' and defense funding dramatically (I'm not saying he will do that...but he will).
I've got news for you, intelligence was cut under Bush, and before Bush. The problem with intelligence is the beaurocracy involved with it all. The reason 9/11 happened is because the CIA withheld information from the FBI on the whereabouts of known people associated with Al Qaeda that were in the US. The CIA has no jurisdiction to monitor or arrest within the US, that is left up to the FBI, and had they informed the FBI one can only imagine that the FBI would have arrested the terrorists taking flight school at the time.
Old 01/25/2009, 12:07 PM   #83 (permalink)
We are...Penn State

Quote:
intelligence was cut under Bush
That just simply isn't true.

EDIT: Bah, I can't find any charts to support/shoot down what I said...but I know intelligence funding was not less in 2008 than it was in 2000 when Bush came in to office. Google > me.

On your other point of poor communication between agencies: First of all, you are correct. A lack of communication was the number one reason (IMO) that 9/11 was not prevented. If you've been following the ODNI, (which I don't expect you to have been so don't worry if you haven't seen the document) they have released an initiative called "Vision 2015." It's all about building a more integrated intelligence community with more open communication channels between the different agencies in the community. A lot of it has to do with integrated software, that's why it is of interest to me. So hopefully what you described above between the CIA and FBI won't happen in the future. They also have a 100 Day Plan and a 500 Day plan..but I'm less familiar with those but they can be found on the ODNI's website if you're interested.

Last edited by jhoffner; 01/25/2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01/25/2009, 01:45 PM   #84 (permalink)
Boosted

Donkey Kong Champion! Midi Golf Champion!
Vehicle: 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
TheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by all
i can say for a fact that military manning has been cut under Bush. its been a quite draw down since 1988 unde Bush Sr. we are in a world of hurt for equipment renewal after we get out of Iraq.
TheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/25/2009, 03:40 PM   #85 (permalink)
We are...Penn State

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFranchise View Post
i can say for a fact that military manning has been cut under Bush. its been a quite draw down since 1988 unde Bush Sr. we are in a world of hurt for equipment renewal after we get out of Iraq.
Can you clarify what you mean by "manning," please. Number of troops, I'm assuming?
Old 01/25/2009, 03:43 PM   #86 (permalink)
passport applied for

what about Obama's NIC National Identification Card, got any info on that!
Old 01/25/2009, 03:51 PM   #87 (permalink)
I can haz footballz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoffner View Post
That just simply isn't true.

EDIT: Bah, I can't find any charts to support/shoot down what I said...but I know intelligence funding was not less in 2008 than it was in 2000 when Bush came in to office. Google > me.

On your other point of poor communication between agencies: First of all, you are correct. A lack of communication was the number one reason (IMO) that 9/11 was not prevented. If you've been following the ODNI, (which I don't expect you to have been so don't worry if you haven't seen the document) they have released an initiative called "Vision 2015." It's all about building a more integrated intelligence community with more open communication channels between the different agencies in the community. A lot of it has to do with integrated software, that's why it is of interest to me. So hopefully what you described above between the CIA and FBI won't happen in the future. They also have a 100 Day Plan and a 500 Day plan..but I'm less familiar with those but they can be found on the ODNI's website if you're interested.
Yeah, I've been reading a book called, "The Looming Tower" it won the Pulitzer prize and what not, and it's been quite informative. It basically goes into the specifics of how and why Al Qaeda came to be, and it also gives you background on the specifics of all the different terrorist attacks and the people involved. It was a required reading for the Terror and Politics class I'm taking this semester.
Old 01/25/2009, 04:27 PM   #88 (permalink)
BMSMA

Quote:
what about Obama's NIC National Identification Card, got any info on that!
Are you talking about the Real ID act? Written by Republican James Sensenbrenner from Wisconsin and attached as a rider to a Military spending bill, not reviewed, passed and signed into law by Bush in 2005 when it couldn't pass of it's own merit? I also believe that military spending bill contained money for tsunami relief ...

REAL ID Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 01/25/2009, 05:27 PM   #89 (permalink)
Mav
:horseride:

Vehicle: '08 G8 GT
Mav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Mav
Quote:
Originally Posted by user#451 View Post
You do realize that Obama has been FAR FROM truthful, transparent, and honest right?
Quote:
Examples.
How come he took an oath of office a second time, but without video cameras? How come it had to come from an official white house photographer? Why wasn't their a bible involved as he chose to do so earlier in the day?

More importantly, what the heck did he do to merit becoming POTUS and to create all of this blind loyalty? Is it his deep voice and teleprompter? sad.
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/25/2009, 05:30 PM   #90 (permalink)
Mav

Mav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club existsMav is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:

That's MSNBC's mission. They dont report the news, they follow their left agenda. NBC nightly news follows close behind.
Old 01/25/2009, 05:43 PM   #91 (permalink)
BMSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
How come he took an oath of office a second time, but without video cameras? How come it had to come from an official white house photographer? Why wasn't their a bible involved as he chose to do so earlier in the day?

More importantly, what the heck did he do to merit becoming POTUS and to create all of this blind loyalty? Is it his deep voice and teleprompter? sad.
Because John Roberts f'ed up the wording of the oath ...
Old 01/25/2009, 05:43 PM   #92 (permalink)
BMSMA

Quote:
That's MSNBC's mission. They dont report the news, they follow their left agenda. NBC nightly news follows close behind.
As does FOX news but from the right ... they are hardly Fair and Balanced.
Old 01/25/2009, 06:14 PM   #93 (permalink)
Mav

Quote:
Because John Roberts f'ed up the wording of the oath ...
I understand the circumstances as to why, but if he wants to create all of this transparency that would have been another way to do so.

What about my second question asking how he garnered this blind allegiance with his followers?
Old 01/25/2009, 06:20 PM   #94 (permalink)
BMSMA

Quote:
I understand the circumstances as to why, but if he wants to create all of this transparency that would have been another way to do so.

What about my second question asking how he garnered this blind allegiance with his followers?
I'm fairly certain there was video of the 2nd oath played on (yeah, I know) MSNBC.

I think it's unfair to categorize it as blind allegance ... he connected with the people, that is what you need to do to become POTUS. What did Bush the 2nd do to deserve being POTUS? He wasn't part of the Clinton years, that's about it. He really had no credentials other then his dad was a one term president.
Old 01/25/2009, 07:46 PM   #95 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Quote:

Ugh, he's already President. I hate to repeat myself but, again, attacking his character at this juncture is sour grapes, Matt.
Old 01/25/2009, 09:18 PM   #96 (permalink)

RedGalant2k1 seems to be okayRedGalant2k1 seems to be okayRedGalant2k1 seems to be okayRedGalant2k1 seems to be okayRedGalant2k1 seems to be okayRedGalant2k1 seems to be okayRedGalant2k1 seems to be okay
Quote:
Ugh, he's already President. I hate to repeat myself but, again, attacking his character at this juncture is sour grapes, Matt.
Not at all, attacking or criticizing his character at this point is totally fair, and completely warranted. If people can criticize Bush 8 years into his presidency, than Obama can be criticize (before, during, and after) his presidency also. Just because he isn't Bush doesn't exempt him from anything. Why would you think so?
Old 01/25/2009, 09:32 PM   #97 (permalink)
Gator 2013

Vehicle: '08.5 Mazdaspeed3
Invictus is well-liked by manyInvictus is well-liked by manyInvictus is well-liked by manyInvictus is well-liked by manyInvictus is well-liked by manyInvictus is well-liked by manyInvictus is well-liked by manyInvictus is well-liked by manyInvictus is well-liked by manyInvictus is well-liked by manyInvictus is well-liked by many
Quote:
If people can criticize Bush 8 years into his presidency
How long has Obama been president?

Why don't we just wait and see what he does as president?
Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/25/2009, 09:42 PM   #98 (permalink)
Mav

Quote:
Not at all, attacking or criticizing his character at this point is totally fair, and completely warranted. If people can criticize Bush 8 years into his presidency, than Obama can be criticize (before, during, and after) his presidency also. Just because he isn't Bush doesn't exempt him from anything. Why would you think so?
Because he is "the one" and he rode into DC on his donkey.
Old 01/25/2009, 09:52 PM   #99 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Quote:
Gee, I dunno... maybe because he's only been President for a week. And despite that, he has already been more active than any other President before him. Again, what has he done yet to deserve criticism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus View Post

Yup, my point exactly.
Old 01/25/2009, 10:12 PM   #100 (permalink)
Mav

Interesting exchange going on between obama and Limbaugh:

Quote:
Rush Limbaugh Responds to President Obama

By Noel Sheppard
Created 2009-01-24 18:55
As my colleague Tim Graham reported [0] earlier, President Barack Obama, according to the New York Post, told Congressional Republicans on Friday to stop listening to conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh.

National Review's Byron York got in touch with Limbaugh Saturday, and published his response [1] to the President at NRO's Corner blog:

There are two things going on here. One prong of the Great Unifier's plan is to isolate elected Republicans from their voters and supporters by making the argument about me and not about his plan. He is hoping that these Republicans will also publicly denounce me and thus marginalize me. And who knows? Are ideological and philosophical ties enough to keep the GOP loyal to their voters? Meanwhile, the effort to foist all blame for this mess on the private sector continues unabated when most of the blame for this current debacle can be laid at the feet of the Congress and a couple of former presidents. And there is a strategic reason for this. [...]

To make the argument about me instead of his plan makes sense from his perspective. Obama's plan would buy votes for the Democrat Party, in the same way FDR's New Deal established majority power for 50 years of Democrat rule, and it would also simultaneously seriously damage any hope of future tax cuts. It would allow a majority of American voters to guarantee no taxes for themselves going forward. It would burden the private sector and put the public sector in permanent and firm control of the economy. Put simply, I believe his stimulus is aimed at re-establishing "eternal" power for the Democrat Party rather than stimulating the economy because anyone with a brain knows this is NOT how you stimulate the economy. If I can be made to serve as a distraction, then there is that much less time debating the merits of this TRILLION dollar debacle. [...]

Old 01/25/2009, 10:16 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus View Post

Why do people have this 'wait and see' mentality? Like he is going to be any different from his Senate roll in Illinois, or his organizer roll with ACORN. He has been involved in being a candidate for (and now is) our President. How else should we question our President but with his character?

Quote:
Gee, I dunno... maybe because he's only been President for a week. And despite that, he has already been more active than any other President before him. Again, what has he done yet to deserve criticism?

Yup, my point exactly.
Who cares how long he has been president, who cares what his has and hasn't done in that roll yet? You can't seriously discount his ardent support of partial birth abortion or a mandatory military service for young Americans 18-25?

Yes, he deserves virilant and aggressive criticism and as American's it is our obligation to question the very fabric of our entire political system and its own character. If one or more don't pass muster than they should be taken out of service much like a broken weapon, or wounded soldier out of battle.

I think also the above quoted users and EXACTLY what Mav was talking about when he said 'blind loyalty'. Seriously, our character is a extension of and is who we are.
Old 01/25/2009, 10:19 PM   #102 (permalink)
I can haz footballz?

Quote:
Because he is "the one" and he rode into DC on his donkey.
It's funny that you and the others who dislike him are the only ones claiming he is the messiah. I don't see any of the other people in here, who are at least giving the man a chance, saying that he is going to single handedly save our country. Seems a little short-sided to me.
Old 01/25/2009, 10:19 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

By Noel Sheppard
Created 2009-01-24 18:55
As my colleague Tim Graham reported [0] earlier, President Barack Obama, according to the New York Post, told Congressional Republicans on Friday to stop listening to conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh.

National Review's Byron York got in touch with Limbaugh Saturday, and published his response [1] to the President at NRO's Corner blog:

There are two things going on here. One prong of the Great Unifier's plan is to isolate elected Republicans from their voters and supporters by making the argument about me and not about his plan. He is hoping that these Republicans will also publicly denounce me and thus marginalize me. And who knows? Are ideological and philosophical ties enough to keep the GOP loyal to their voters? Meanwhile, the effort to foist all blame for this mess on the private sector continues unabated when most of the blame for this current debacle can be laid at the feet of the Congress and a couple of former presidents. And there is a strategic reason for this. [...]

To make the argument about me instead of his plan makes sense from his perspective. Obama's plan would buy votes for the Democrat Party, in the same way FDR's New Deal established majority power for 50 years of Democrat rule, and it would also simultaneously seriously damage any hope of future tax cuts. It would allow a majority of American voters to guarantee no taxes for themselves going forward. It would burden the private sector and put the public sector in permanent and firm control of the economy. Put simply, I believe his stimulus is aimed at re-establishing "eternal" power for the Democrat Party rather than stimulating the economy because anyone with a brain knows this is NOT how you stimulate the economy. If I can be made to serve as a distraction, then there is that much less time debating the merits of this TRILLION dollar debacle. [...]

Another reason his character is to be questioned.
Old 01/25/2009, 10:23 PM   #104 (permalink)
Mav

Quote:
It's funny that you and the others who dislike him are the only ones claiming he is the messiah. I don't see any of the other people in here, who are at least giving the man a chance, saying that he is going to single handedly save our country. Seems a little short-sided to me.
That's because as a follower, you are blind to the truth.
Old 01/25/2009, 10:31 PM   #105 (permalink)
One Sic Mic

Quote:
Nobody "in here" that supports him is calling him that, but for Pete's sake; somebodies putting it on t-shirts......

http://www.cafepress.com/Obama_messiah.239933374#

Last edited by ShaneM; 01/25/2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01/25/2009, 10:31 PM   #106 (permalink)
I can haz footballz?

Quote:
Why do people have this 'wait and see' mentality? Like he is going to be any different from his Senate roll in Illinois, or his organizer roll with ACORN. He has been involved in being a candidate for (and now is) our President. How else should we question our President but with his character?

Who cares how long he has been president, who cares what his has and hasn't done in that roll yet? You can't seriously discount his ardent support of partial birth abortion or a mandatory military service for young Americans 18-25?

Yes, he deserves virilant and aggressive criticism and as American's it is our obligation to question the very fabric of our entire political system and its own character. If one or more don't pass muster than they should be taken out of service much like a broken weapon, or wounded soldier out of battle.

I think also the above quoted users and EXACTLY what Mav was talking about when he said 'blind loyalty'. Seriously, our character is a extension of and is who we are.
You show me one election where the people who voted a president into office did not support the president before he even started on the job, and I'll give you a big cookie. It's not like this "blind loyalty" is something new. We vote on blind loyalty. We don't know what the hell any presidential candidate is going to do when they get into office. You support who you vote for, and if you didn't vote for the man, then whoopty friggin do. Guess what? You lost the election! So that means you have to stomach the next four years. Can you be critical?

Indeed you can, but it sure as hell doesn't mean a damn thing. I think that all of this "attacking the character" nonsense is a huge cover-up over a heap of frustrations that you and others like you have that a democrat won the presidency. It's all fine and dandy that you don't believe in what the man stands for, but it's dull for people to sit here and say, "you didn't support Bush while he was in office, so why should I support Obama?"

First off, I supported Bush just like any other president of the United States. Did I agree with him? NO. But that doesn't mean that I didn't support him. There is a difference between backing your country and disagreeing with the viewpoints of leaders.

As far as character is concerned I'm pretty sure that Bush had a past as equally as questionable as Obama's. All individuals do. But did the American people hold his past against him? No. They kept him in office for 8 years. So don't give me this judge on character nonsense. Suddenly it's a character issue now that someone you happen to disagree with has come to power. Every thing you say is in vain,until the majority of the people in this country agree with you, and I've got news for you, the last election shows that those who disagree with you, FAR outnumber those who agree with you.

So go ahead and voice your dissent, it's just as much your right as mine, but don't go making up Bull shit excuses as to why you are voicing your dissent. The fact of the matter is that you don't like the man because you don't agree with him politically anything else is ridiculous hoop-lah. Politicians change, people change, and saying that previous voting records is a complete representation of future behavior is downright dumb.
Old 01/25/2009, 10:35 PM   #107 (permalink)
I can haz footballz?

Quote:
That's because as a follower, you are blind to the truth.
Or maybe you are ignorant of your own ignorance.
Old 01/25/2009, 10:36 PM   #108 (permalink)
Mav

I guarantee we have never before seen blind loyalty to this magnitude. This just about sums it up.

Old 01/25/2009, 10:38 PM   #109 (permalink)
Mav

Ok, stop. During that image search this gem also popped up. W. T. F. ???

Old 01/25/2009, 10:40 PM   #110 (permalink)
I can haz footballz?

Quote:

So if Limbaugh is so much of an economic genius who has ALL of the answers on how to stimulate the economy, why doesn't he run for political office? Certainly if his plan is full-proof, pure genius even, the American people will elect such a noble man.

The whole issue here is that people listen to this nonsense(on both ends of the political spectrum) and believe what the hell these people say. They are talk-show hosts. Not politicians, or even political advisors for Christ's sake. They single handedly shape the minds of the American people, and we have candidates who fucking appeal to what they say- their dull, ill-informed conclusions- because it's what the American people bitch and moan about. THIS is the problem with American politics.
Old 01/25/2009, 10:48 PM   #111 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Quote:

Suddenly character's an issue for ya, huh? Didn't seem to care too much about McCain's character a few years ago when he was the keynote speaker for ACORN at one of their fundraisers.

And stop perpetuating mistruth as fact to base your criticisms on. Obama doesn't support partial-birth abortion and never has.

Quote:

Ok for state to restrict late-term partial birth abortion

On an issue like partial birth abortion, I strongly believe that the state can properly restrict late-term abortions. I have said so repeatedly. All I've said is we should have a provision to protect the health of the mother, and many of the bills that came before me didn't have that.
Part of the reason they didn't have it was purposeful, because those who are opposed to abortion have a moral calling to try to oppose what they think is immoral. Oftentimes what they were trying to do was to polarize the debate and make it more difficult for people, so that they could try to bring an end to abortions overall.

As president, my goal is to bring people together, to listen to them, and I don't think that's any Republican out there who I've worked with who would say that I don't listen to them, I don't respect their ideas, I don't understand their perspective. And my goal is to get us out of this polarizing debate where we're always trying to score cheap political points and actually get things done.

Source: 2008 Fox News interview: presidential series Apr 27, 2008
Barack Obama on Abortion

As for the mandatory military service, more bunk. I have yet to see a credible source on the subject other than blogs and right wing political sites. If you can provide a factual, unbiased link, I'd appreciate it.

Anyways, is that what you think this country needs? More partisanship? I agree with Zerk, it sounds like you're just disappointed that your political party is no longer in power and there is no convincing you to support our President. You really should respect the Office if you can't respect the man in Office.

Last edited by kabob; 01/25/2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01/25/2009, 10:51 PM   #112 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Matt, why is it that you never seem to discuss or address politics and constantly bring up "celebrity", "messiah", and "anti-Christ"? Just curious.
Old 01/25/2009, 10:53 PM   #113 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Quote:
Nobody "in here" that supports him is calling him that, but for Pete's sake; somebodies putting it on t-shirts......

Obamamessiah
I find that ignorant and dumb but people have been putting just about anything on t-shirts to make a buck. I can't say that that gives credence to anything.
Old 01/26/2009, 06:59 AM   #114 (permalink)
Mav

Quote:
Matt, why is it that you never seem to discuss or address politics and constantly bring up "celebrity", "messiah", and "anti-Christ"? Just curious.
if the shoe fits. . .

I have talked politics, maybe not in this thread, but definitely in this forum. My opinions are known, ask Elizabeth.

Last edited by Mav; 01/26/2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01/26/2009, 07:18 AM   #115 (permalink)
Mav

Just to prove I'm not pulling this out of thin air, boobie.

(btw, using kids in politics = t3h fail.)
Old 01/26/2009, 07:28 AM   #116 (permalink)
One Sic Mic

Here's a laugher for you

Old 01/26/2009, 07:33 AM   #117 (permalink)
Mav

Old 01/26/2009, 08:17 AM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
You show me one election where the people who voted a president into office did not support the president before he even started on the job, and I'll give you a big cookie. It's not like this "blind loyalty" is something new. We vote on blind loyalty. We don't know what the hell any presidential candidate is going to do when they get into office. You support who you vote for, and if you didn't vote for the man, then whoopty friggin do. Guess what? You lost the election! So that means you have to stomach the next four years. Can you be critical?
Yes, I can be critical of anything I want to be critical on that is the beauty of our country. I would disagree that we vote on blind loyalty, we vote on the promise of change. Whether that actually happens is a different story.

Quote:
Indeed you can, but it sure as hell doesn't mean a damn thing. I think that all of this "attacking the character" nonsense is a huge cover-up over a heap of frustrations that you and others like you have that a democrat won the presidency. It's all fine and dandy that you don't believe in what the man stands for, but it's dull for people to sit here and say, "you didn't support Bush while he was in office, so why should I support Obama?"
Your argument is disingenuous and misleading. Sure those against Obama have qualms and questions but it isn't any different then the qualms and questions we all face each election. Cover up? No.

Quote:
First off, I supported Bush just like any other president of the United States. Did I agree with him? NO. But that doesn't mean that I didn't support him. There is a difference between backing your country and disagreeing with the viewpoints of leaders.
Great, I think we should support our president be it we share his political views or not. BUT we our obligated to question the content of someone's moral fabric (i.e. Character). We are obligated to question our government at every empass possible. I'd recommend reading the Declaration Of Independence, understand the wording and context, and power of the meaning behind the words. It is amazing.

Quote:
As far as character is concerned I'm pretty sure that Bush had a past as equally as questionable as Obama's. All individuals do. But did the American people hold his past against him? No. They kept him in office for 8 years. So don't give me this judge on character nonsense. Suddenly it's a character issue now that someone you happen to disagree with has come to power. Every thing you say is in vain,until the majority of the people in this country agree with you, and I've got news for you, the last election shows that those who disagree with you, FAR outnumber those who agree with you.
50% of Americans active voters didn't hold his character against him. But the media and millions of anti-Bush-ites sure did hold a whole heck of a lot against him for no reason. I don't mind being the underdog, that is fine by me. But I think you of all people should see I'll ALWAYS speak my mind. I don't have any reason to hold back and play nicey nice with people because it is politically correct.

Quote:
So go ahead and voice your dissent, it's just as much your right as mine, but don't go making up Bull shit excuses as to why you are voicing your dissent. The fact of the matter is that you don't like the man because you don't agree with him politically anything else is ridiculous hoop-lah. Politicians change, people change, and saying that previous voting records is a complete representation of future behavior is downright dumb.
Judging the quality of a person and the quality with which they can operate the Office of Commander-in-Chief is the most paramount question to be asking, and asking often. Why wouldn't you think so? Are you not judged on your character and the quality with which you can complete your job and daily tasks? What exempts the President in your view from that same question?

The President SHOULD ALWAYS be the most scrutinized person in our country, the most critically critiqued and the most defended.
Old 01/26/2009, 08:43 AM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Suddenly character's an issue for ya, huh? Didn't seem to care too much about McCain's character a few years ago when he was the keynote speaker for ACORN at one of their fundraisers.

And stop perpetuating mistruth as fact to base your criticisms on. Obama doesn't support partial-birth abortion and never has.

Barack Obama on Abortion

As for the mandatory military service, more bunk. I have yet to see a credible source on the subject other than blogs and right wing political sites. If you can provide a factual, unbiased link, I'd appreciate it.

Anyways, is that what you think this country needs? More partisanship? I agree with Zerk, it sounds like you're just disappointed that your political party is no longer in power and there is no convincing you to support our President. You really should respect the Office if you can't respect the man in Office.
What sites do you want me to go to that satisfy your requirements? I mean I could post plenty of youtube videos that have Rahm Emanuel talking about mandatory military service, I could post video clips of Obama himself in the 2008 debates talking about a "Civilian Police Force".

But please tell me what sites to go to and what to post so I can be within your realm of acceptability.
Old 01/30/2009, 03:05 AM   #120 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Rahm Emmanuel's personal opinion does not policy make, dude. Obama himself has never professed that he'd like to instate mandatory military service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Random Question