how do i get wd 40 off my car? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > The Lounge
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09/03/2010, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS 6G75
White Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by all
how do i get wd 40 off my car?

i'm sorry if this is the wrong place, i'm just so pissed right now i can't think straight. some guy came over to fix our garage door and i came home to a note that said he went for parts, then i looked and my car had a littler grease on it, pissed me off a little but whatever, then i looked at it from an angle and my whole drivers side is coverd in fucking wd 40, even the inside of my door and mu front and rear windshield. i'm waiting for him to get back now and it might get interesting...

anyways, how do i get this shit off, it won't just wash off because it's an oil right? will this shit damage my paint? what the fuck do i do?
White Knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09/03/2010, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club exists
wash it off. it's just oil.
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/03/2010, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
I Wangs

Vehicle: duh
Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.
dawn
Anus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/03/2010, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
EZT
FearIsTheMindKiller

Vehicle: 2009 370z
EZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to EZT
Clay bar
EZT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/03/2010, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Farts In The Tub

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
Lethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends here
tell your wife to take care of it
Lethal1ty17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/03/2010, 11:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tim
Symetrical AWD

Vehicle: 2014 Subaru Forester
Tim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by all
Use some dispersants and burn off the rest. If it's still no good fill your car up with cement.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/03/2010, 11:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Use some dispersants and burn off the rest. If it's still no good fill your car up with cement.
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/08/2010, 07:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Skee Ball Champion

Vehicle: 2007 Volvo S40 T5
tzvier should be considered a regulartzvier should be considered a regulartzvier should be considered a regulartzvier should be considered a regulartzvier should be considered a regulartzvier should be considered a regulartzvier should be considered a regulartzvier should be considered a regulartzvier should be considered a regulartzvier should be considered a regulartzvier should be considered a regular
so, whatever happened upon his return?
tzvier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/08/2010, 08:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Vehicle: 2001 spyder gs
scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzvier View Post
that is why you never head back from him... he beat the guy to death, And is doing a stint in prison right now for it.
scarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/08/2010, 10:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Ur a worthless noob

Vehicle: '09 Lancer GTS
Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.
Send a message via AIM to Loco
I usually use the green side of a dish sponge with some dawn... takes the fucking grease right off.
Loco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/08/2010, 11:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
2011's are gay

White Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzvier View Post
my dad called before he got back and explained that the guys wife works with both of my parents and all of their friends and begged me not to do anything to embarrass them. so i just left so that the below stated didn't happen. but before i left i covered my car with soft blankets then a couple paint tarps
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr View Post
that is why you never head back from him... he beat the guy to death, And is doing a stint in prison right now for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco View Post
I usually use the green side of a dish sponge with some dawn... takes the fucking grease right off.
i used the pink side with dawn and it worked pretty good
Old 09/08/2010, 11:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Tim
Symetrical AWD

Tim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by all
Doesn't dish soap strip off your wax?
Old 09/08/2010, 11:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Quote:
no clue, but once i get it running it will be getting a wax job anyways so i'm not to concerned about that
Old 09/08/2010, 11:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
TE
Fear my erep power

Vehicle: 00 GT/2013 Genesis
TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via AIM to TE
Quote:
yes.
TE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/08/2010, 12:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
I Wangs

Vehicle: duh
Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.
Quote:
yes. Well unless it's some kind of super mild detergent. But it only takes a short time to put wax back on. It would take a lot longer to get that oil off without using DAWN, or anything else that would easily take off oil...
Anus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/08/2010, 02:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
Finesse seems to be okayFinesse seems to be okayFinesse seems to be okayFinesse seems to be okayFinesse seems to be okayFinesse seems to be okayFinesse seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
i'm sorry if this is the wrong place, i'm just so pissed right now i can't think straight. some guy came over to fix our garage door and i came home to a note that said he went for parts, then i looked and my car had a littler grease on it, pissed me off a little but whatever, then i looked at it from an angle and my whole drivers side is coverd in fucking wd 40, even the inside of my door and mu front and rear windshield. i'm waiting for him to get back now and it might get interesting...

anyways, how do i get this shit off, it won't just wash off because it's an oil right? will this shit damage my paint? what the fuck do i do?
Sandpaper?
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/08/2010, 02:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Bringing sexy back

Vehicle: 03 GS
Clipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by many
I know this is the lounge, but shit man, why act like your going to kick his ass? You act like it's some huge deal when ultimately, it's a innocent foul it seems.
Clipzin33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/08/2010, 02:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

OD_MAN99 : who are you?OD_MAN99 : who are you?OD_MAN99 : who are you?
corexit
OD_MAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/08/2010, 06:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipzin33 View Post
I know this is the lounge, but shit man, why act like your going to kick his ass? You act like it's some huge deal when ultimately, it's a innocent foul it seems.
because i love my car to death and shit like that pisses me off, there was no reason for him to get that shit on my car, accident or not he's been doing this for 20+ years, he knows the shit splatters and drips so he should have put something over the car or asked my dad to (who was inside at the time).
i'm usually a pretty chill person and don't really give a shit about alot of things, however fucking with my car is one of the few things that will make me go bazerk
Old 09/08/2010, 07:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Super Asian Invasion

Vehicle: Dodge Challenger SRT8
wiseoracle is God.wiseoracle is God.wiseoracle is God.wiseoracle is God.wiseoracle is God.wiseoracle is God.wiseoracle is God.wiseoracle is God.wiseoracle is God.wiseoracle is God.wiseoracle is God.
Send a message via AIM to wiseoracle Send a message via MSN to wiseoracle
Agreed, but it's not like the guy intended to do it intentionally.

Did he think about it? Probably not.

Does he deserve a beating? No

Should he have time to correct the problem? Absolutely.
wiseoracle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/08/2010, 08:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseoracle View Post
Agreed, but it's not like the guy intended to do it intentionally.

Did he think about it? Probably not.

Does he deserve a beating? No

Should he have time to correct the problem? Absolutely.
i agree, but he should have used some common sense, if you spray shit above a car it will fall down on the car, i didn't plan on beating his ass but at the time if it would have escalated to that then i wouldn't have had a problem with it. i planned on bitching at him and if i didn't like his response then tell him to gtfo, but instead i covered my car and left. which i now think was the best choice
Old 09/08/2010, 09:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Exacerbated Member

Vehicle: 2kFsGt5sp/TbPP
WorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wide
I would have left a folded tarp and a note that said "If you are going to be spraying any oiles or solvents please be sure to cover my car to protect the finish. if you need any help with that, I will be in my room cleaning my shotgun."
WorldWind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/09/2010, 07:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
Tim
Symetrical AWD

Get over it. It's WD-40, not acetone. People regularly use WD-40 to remove adhesive residue, tar, and sap from painted surfaces with no issues.
Old 09/09/2010, 07:30 AM   #24 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
wait wait wait, he was repairing your garage and you didn't tarp/move your car or he was repairing your parents garage ?
Bitter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/09/2010, 11:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWind View Post
I would have left a folded tarp and a note that said "If you are going to be spraying any oiles or solvents please be sure to cover my car to protect the finish. if you need any help with that, I will be in my room cleaning my shotgun."
i like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
wait wait wait, he was repairing your garage and you didn't tarp/move your car or he was repairing your parents garage ?
all i knew is that a guy was coming to look at it, i can't move my car and i didn't expect the guy to spray shit everywhere. the last guy that came out held a rag up while he lubed stuff so it didn't splatter and drip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.