Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

GTS SDS Stage 1 Sleeper

31K views 266 replies 73 participants last post by  OD_MAN99 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm new to this club guys. I use to own a Nissan Sentra Xe with a bunch of useless mods and whole lot of wasted money. I'm a BioEngineering Undergrad at McGill University Quebec Canada. My 3g is what keeps me sane, driving back home has become a bliss because of this ride.

UPDATED June 2nd 2011 (Check Page 3 for Videos and pics)

Here is the Magnaflow Video I promised you guys a while back:

YouTube - DSCN0605

Building up my Ripp Set up. Waiting on the last parts from Wolf Ryder (Brat Box, Black Box and Tuning Cable)

Here is what I got so far

-Blower/Shaft:

-Piping and Megan Racing Header (I know I know, can't afford anything else):

-New Blow off valve, Ripp Fueler System with injectors, fuel rails, Stage one Pulley (UPS bent the other one), oil lines and oil pan valve

I'm so excited, I'm wondering if I'll have time to install it before I store her for winter or if I'll do so next spring.
I think I'm going to bring it to a garage to do the install and tuning...

Tell me what you think guys

Total spent:
1100$ for Kit from ashbrook29 + 100$ Shipping
1015$ for New Blow off valve, Ripp Fueler System with injectors, fuel rails, Stage one Pulley (UPS bent the other one), oil lines and oil pan valve From Ripp
450 $ for Black Box, Brat Box and tuning cable from WolftRyder
100$ UPS Customs
100$ Gauges
200$ Ripp Pipping
40$ More Gauges
105$ Ingall torque dampers
40$ Radiator Hose
50$ Ripp oil Adapter
54$ 3 pod cluster
60$ FPR
70$ Bosch 02 Sensor
140$ Zeitronix LCD display
140$ Zeitronix Module
40$ Alternator Bracket
80$ PCV valve

Total: 3783.23$

Total: 3523.23$

Just a Picture I recently took. I did 4000 miles on this car in 1 year of owning it. Only drive it in Summer. I love the feel of the 3G, I can't wait until that Supercharger setup is completed (should be done by Mid-May 2010)

Hey Guys, I just got my Electronics System, I'm extremely excited! I'm wondering though how come there are so many wires intertwined, anyone have an idea?!

Check it out:

Seems like I need some Blow through piping, what I have is suck through (so says Repforenzo).

I got this today

Just got this from Ripp

Just got the most important component when planning to enter the Forced Induction Realm. Bought it for 1000$... my winter beater and second car for when the Eclipse can't make the cut.

90 000 miles 2000 Mazda Protege 1.6 L manual. Slower than a civic and worse at handling than an eclipse..Perfect for winter :)

More Goodies (100$)
Oil Pressure, EXT temperature and Oil Temperature

From Eclipse 3GS (Great Guy, I recommend him 100%)

Just got this

Payed (105$)

Ingall torque damper:

Hose Paid 40$ For it from Silvertune (Great Guy Shipped it quick)

_______

I also thought I'd upload pics of my old shitbox. I saw it at the local winter beater meet up here..I had taken these pictures before I sold it, about 2 years ago.

Oil Adapter Ripp 50$

3 pod cluster 55.23$ (UPS 23$ custom fees, go figure)

Just got this:

Ripp FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator) 60$

Fedex made me happy 2day

Zeitronix LCD and Bosch 02 Sensor

More parts

Alternator Bracket

PCV valve

Zeitronix Module

The Installation of the SDS

The Engine Bay needs a good wash, so does the car. You can notice, the car came with a DC stiffing kit. Pretty rare thing apparently. The black box turned out to be defective, I called up Ripp and got a new one. By Monday, the car should be running and this page will be flooded with Videos. :)

Completed (almost, needs new spark plugs from running so rich)

Here is a couple of videos, more to come hopefully. These were taken on mostly deserted farm roads respecting the 55miles/hr speed limit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmBAWpHpGg8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-McaJ1EUyA

UPDATE

Video:
YouTube - Supercharged eclipse

NEW Pictures:

-----------------------------------------------------

HKS T Adapter for HKS SSQV and How to install

So I got an HKS SSQV blow off valve and the washer/c-clamp kit, needless to say it with the shape of the BOV it wasn't easy to install.
After a few attempts, I decided to go out and get the right tool to do it, this is how it's suppose to be done:

Simply insert the ring on to the bottom of the BOV and make sure you apply enough pressure for the BOV to sit flush on the washer.

Then use C-clamp tweezers to get the clamp in place

Final product, with very little damage to the bov.

Just Got This:

Borla Exhaust Center-Offset & Oil Cap

Just took out the Eclipse!

I'll get more pictures but here is a few shots of the apartment block that was recently handed down to me and the car.

What the heck is this, I found it in the Ripp Blow off valve the HKS one simply blew off the mounting, luckily it didn't damage my hood. The hks completely through off my idle also.

PICTURES THROUGHOUT THE YEARS

See less See more
#25 ·
I read extensively the whole turbo kit dilemmas and the problems of turboing a V6. As a car enthusiast, and a humble handyman, I am absolutely surprised there isn’t a pre assembled (parts) kit that I can just pick up. As an Engineer, I understand the complexity of getting any type of Assembly to fit this car. I saw a few things I wanted to comment about:
I know buying things on Ebay can be risky, but Hey I bought the whole damn car on Ebay, to get to my point I saw this kit online
JDM'S 2004 2005 ECLIPSE L4 & V6 T3/T4 TURBO KIT 04 05 - (eBay.ca item 120343404336 end time 31-Dec-08 18:25:59 EST)
I know it’s missing a manifold and the downpipe. But what do you guys think?

#34 ·
that's a pretty sweet ride man. any other mods since you picked it up?

i'd imagine gas isn't priced that high anymore, right? not really sure about canada, but damn it sure did suck when gas prices were that high. ridiculous that it took almost $60 to fill up at one point.

as for the ripp kit, i have heard nothing but good things about those. like davila said, search around and you'll find tons of info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.