Fenix Eclipse Remodifcations - Page 5 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10/26/2012, 10:30 PM   #241 (permalink)
Electrify

Vehicle: 2001 Black Eclipse GT
grfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by all
You sir, have built another beast in this community. Good job!
grfft3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10/26/2012, 11:23 PM   #242 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-75-T
Fenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to Fenix22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarrillo717 View Post
All good stuff
Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grfft3r View Post
You sir, have built another beast in this community. Good job!
Oh it's not a beast yet. I'm no where near done

SO, I'm yet to find anything on a Turbocharged 6G75 3G Eclipse. With that being said, unless someone can prove me wrong, I'm taking credit for being the first to do so.
1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - The DD
Fenix22 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/27/2012, 12:26 AM   #243 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Vehicle: YOUR MOM
rsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to rsingh12
Well if you are indeed the first, congrats
Old 10/27/2012, 12:51 AM   #244 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

Vehicle: 2002 GT-T
thahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix22 View Post
SO, I'm yet to find anything on a Turbocharged 6G75 3G Eclipse. With that being said, unless someone can prove me wrong, I'm taking credit for being the first to do so.
If greg wasnt banned im sure he could post 2 of his 75 builds he did for customers. You can have the title of being the first to post up turbo 75 eclipse on this forum though
thahnic1080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/27/2012, 07:26 PM   #245 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Fenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okay
Been out playing with the car and tuning it. At first, I was shocked to see My EGTs as high as they are. They easily reach 1400f. Idle is roughly 900f. I thought it should never exceed 1200f, but after a lot of research, my EGTs are normal to an extent. So long as it never exceeds 1600f, its considered safe. 1500f is where you want it max WOT. Well, I did a 2nd gear pull spinning and 3rd gear spinning as I was merging on the interstate and the EGTs actually rose past 1600f, so its safe to say I need some work here. I think a larger turbine housing (0.82 A/R) will help reduce exhaust back pressure and ultimately greatly reduce EGTs.
After all, 6psi by 2500rpm is pretty quick as it is. A little lag wont hurt my feelings any lol.
Also noted that the 6g75 305cc injectors are maxed out by 4500rpm. So I still haven't even been able to feel the power the setup will make because my car peaks from 4500-5000. I've got some 400cc Delphi injectors I want to put in but I have to wait to get some resistors because they are low impedance injectors.

The first few days I noticed my engine temps were getting far too hot for comfort. After I heat wrapped the y-pipe, it wasn't quite as bad, but the heat soak was still killing it. Temps were easily 230f and I can only imagine the pressure in the radiator. Today I found my fix for it. After wrapping everything, the Turbo was the only thing left. I ordered a Turbo blanket and put it on today. And Viola, no more heat soak thus far and I drove the car around a lot during the heat today and temps maxed at 216f. Problems solved

Sent from my LG-P505 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Last edited by Fenix22; 10/27/2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10/27/2012, 08:05 PM   #246 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Vehicle: '13 Wrx
Tx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wide
Fenix, I recommend skipping the 400cc injectors and going much bigger. Don't hesitate to ask for any advice since I'm running the same setup, just SDS and not turbo. I'm coming close to maxing out my 560's and only seeing 5psi. So consider that when you think of your realistic goals. 400's won't be able to go that far. That was found out by the 3.0L guys years ago.
Old 10/27/2012, 11:00 PM   #247 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

I was hoping they'd be able to get enough fuel in for right now. Its gonna be a couple weeks before I can get the 650cc injectors

Old 10/29/2012, 11:16 AM   #248 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

If all goes as planned, I'll be out at Import Face Off in Montgomery AL this weekend. Anybody else in the area?

Old 10/30/2012, 08:07 AM   #249 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Tx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix22 View Post
If all goes as planned, I'll be out at Import Face Off in Montgomery AL this weekend. Anybody else in the area?

Not really. I was the only 3g there that ran the past two years. The AMS class always went to a honda on slicks with the 3.2. don't take it the wrong way, but you'll have no chance in the FI class without the proper tires. Boosted G/Z/Gtrs were common out there when i lived there.good luck though and let us know how the times are. If you want a local 3.5L swapped 3g to go with you i can get you his number.
Old 10/30/2012, 08:47 AM   #250 (permalink)

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Galant
gtorque : who are you?
This build is awesome. Keep up the great work!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
gtorque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/30/2012, 11:50 AM   #251 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx4Codeman View Post
Not really. I was the only 3g there that ran the past two years. The AMS class always went to a honda on slicks with the 3.2. don't take it the wrong way, but you'll have no chance in the FI class without the proper tires. Boosted G/Z/Gtrs were common out there when i lived there.good luck though and let us know how the times are. If you want a local 3.5L swapped 3g to go with you i can get you his number.
I'm not planning on running yet, my car isn't ready for the 1/4 mile strain. I saw you run the 3.5l last year. Actually have a video orlf it. Track is awesome though so I was hoping to actually meet up with guys seeing how this is about as far north-east as Ill probably go, unless I can make MOD next year hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtorque View Post
This build is awesome. Keep up the great work!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks man. I update pretty much anytime sonething big is going on with my car.

Old 10/30/2012, 02:44 PM   #252 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Ah you should pm me a link to the videos. That was my final track day on the factory diff. Again hope you don't take the comment the wrong way. Id go out there and make a fool of myself in the f/i class too if i was running the 19s again with nittos..but i have a fix for that on it's way ^^
Old 10/30/2012, 10:07 PM   #253 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx4Codeman View Post
Ah you should pm me a link to the videos. That was my final track day on the factory diff. Again hope you don't take the comment the wrong way. Id go out there and make a fool of myself in the f/i class too if i was running the 19s again with nittos..but i have a fix for that on it's way ^^
I know what ya mean. I have traction problems as it is and that makes it hard to drag race. The video I have is crappy but I had to record it lol. Ill get it to you sometime

Old 11/04/2012, 02:05 PM   #254 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse
gofersrevenge : who are you?
I'm here, I looked for your car but didn't have much luck finding it, I was out last time running with Cody, I've got a 3.5 swapped right now and would be running but I do t have the tires for it!
gofersrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/04/2012, 02:26 PM   #255 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofersrevenge View Post
I'm here, I looked for your car but didn't have much luck finding it, I was out last time running with Cody, I've got a 3.5 swapped right now and would be running but I do t have the tires for it!
Tom im pretty sure he mentioned in a different thread about going in a different car because of temp issues.
Old 11/04/2012, 10:02 PM   #256 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

(double post)

Last edited by Fenix22; 11/05/2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11/04/2012, 10:06 PM   #257 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofersrevenge View Post
Yea I ended up going in my girl friends red 3g because after getting on the interstate and running for about 20 minutes or so my car kept wanting to overheat so I just took it back to the house. I thought I had it figured out but apparently not. Guess a bigger turbo & exhaust y-pipe is underway already haha.
I saw 2 white 4g64 3gs and a black one with big red wheels. I talked with the 2g guys that were running most of time lol. Mike won forced induction pro class with this 2g gsx. He had the fastest rod/piston engine there. The two rotary engines were rediculous, they were both running 8s lol
Old 11/05/2012, 10:15 AM   #258 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
MSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okay
Amazing build Fenix! This thread is great for info as well! I've been taking some notes, . Can't wait to see some numbers on this beast.
MSP3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/05/2012, 10:47 AM   #259 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-T
Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
Any word on the knock monitoring?
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/13/2012, 09:00 PM   #260 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Update for Club3g. Since my last update, I have purchased and installed some Precision PTE 550cc Injectors. Wish I had gotten pictures of installing them with soldering in the 10watt 10ohm resistors I had to order, but I didn't take any pictures along the way :\ But these are the injectors

Had a bit of trouble trying to tune them in, but it seems that I've been able to get them pretty close. Still needs more tweaking, but it doesn't help that I cant really throttle the car like I want to get them dialed in perfectly so it'll have to wait til the next turbo is installed.

Had Import day at the track last week and I decided I'd ride up with my hood off to see if it helped the temps and also removed my thermostat while I did this. Did not fix the problem. Temps still peaked out while I was on the interstate, but being smart about driving, I was able to keep the temps stable, but oil was still getting too hot.

Ok, now for the photobomb of stuff that I've got laying here to put together my next turbo hot side piping. Most of everyone on this forum is aware of Silvertune's 3.6L 6G74 Turbo build, and I think I'm going to follow his design with the hot side piping and go under the crossmember near the front. It appears to be the absolute best method to getting all of that heat from the pipes farther away from the engine compartment to help prevent heatsoak. My car sits rather high on the front so I dont think ground clearance will be an issue (I never scrape anything anyway).

So here's the parts I have collected thus far, along with a large amount of 2.5" pipe and bends that I dont have a picture of.

Now you might be wondering why I have this manifold pictured. Came off a 2000 Fed 3G Eclipse. My goal with this is to use TWO rear manifolds for both the front & rear manifold. These are probably the best flowing manifolds of our stock options, and having it on the front will allow enough clearance to run the 3" turbo downpipe UNDER the front manifold, instead of having to run that big pipe over and down by the AC compressor also being forced to eliminate that ac cooling fan. By using this manifold on the front, you can keep the AC Fan and if clearance will allow, I may even be able to put the stock primary cooling fan back on.

I'll clean this up, port it out a little bit, drill my EGT Hole on the #4 cylinder (middle), welded up the EGR tube hole, VHT spray it heat wrap it, and put the factory heat shield to keep those temps contained.

Here are two flanges to bolt up to the stock manifolds. These are custom to fit a 2.25 flange, but wide enough to weld a 2.5" pipe to them. And, they are CNC Machined for a perfectly flat surface. I've delt with cheap flanges and warping in the past and it is not fun whatsoever so I decided to get some quality flanges from the start.

Genuine T4 Flange and gasket straight from Precision Turbo (PTE).

Genuine 3-5/8" V-Band and Flange straight from Precision Turbo

The popular 70273 B&M Oil Cooler that so many other 3g owners have used. Planning to mount this behind the passenger side of the bumper in front of the wheel and behind the fake vents. I removed my washer fluid reservoir a long time ago (never used it so figured I dont need it). Going to weld a bar to the frame to mount the cooler too so it can hang, and then cut out the vents so air will pass through and through the fins of the cooler. I plan to soon installed an oil pressure and temp gauge on both sides of the cooler to monitor it's effectiveness, and probably add a small fan on a toggle switch to put on it so I can control temps for aggresive driving and normal driving.

One of the random fittings used to install the oil cooler.

And then a few pictures of my turbo that will power this 6G75, hopefully to the peak of it's life. Precision Turbo 6176E w/ .81 A/R Turbine Housing with T4 Flange and 3-5/8" V-Band Flange
Funny story about this, is that I had ordered a 6076E for $600 new from Precision Turbo. Well somewhere along the way my order got messed up and they ended up sending me this 6176E Turbo. I'm not complaining though, especially considering this one is listed for $900. The main differences is this one has a 62mm compressor wheel, whearas the 6076E has a 59mm compressor wheel. They both share 65mm turbine wheels. Compare that to the turbo that I'm used now, the 5027E that has a .63 A/R T3 5-bolt flange with 54mm compressor wheel and somewhere near same size turbine wheel (cant find specs on it, but eyeballing might be a about 55mm). So you can see, the wheels are much larger, and so is the turbine housing. That matched with larger housing, and I have a turbo that wont choke my high rpm out, and have room for improvement.

I'm waiting for my oil filter sandwhich and a few other fittings to come in for the oil cooler install. Then I'll be looking into ordering an AEM Digital Oil Temp and Oil Pressure gauges. Then I want to have a friend of mine help fiberglass the clock pod to hold the two gauges. That should complete all the guages I'll ever need!
I also need to order the two flanges, flex pipe, and pipe for the Tial 38mm wastegate so I can weld it in to recirc it (I discovered venting it to atmosphre sounds like shit when it starts to open). And I to order 3" flange to bolt the down pipe to my cat back.

I'm stoked to see how everything is going to plan out. Cant wait to start on this install. Hopefully next week or two.
Old 12/13/2012, 09:37 PM   #261 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
Post up a compressor map for that turbo!
Old 12/13/2012, 09:38 PM   #262 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GS-T
bwracing00 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to bwracing00 Send a message via Yahoo to bwracing00
Mmmmm turbo!!!!!
Custom Body Kit
18" HP evo lightning
Custom skyline taillights
Carbon Fiber interior
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b.../bwracing2.png
bwracing00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/13/2012, 09:57 PM   #263 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
Post up a compressor map for that turbo!
Wish I could but Precision doesn't offer that information to the public. Out the mouth of the guy from Precision that I talked to on the phone this turbo should perform superb on the 3.8L V6, although he urged a PTE billet 6262 with the surge cover. I can deal with a little more lag vs an addition $400 for the $1000 turbo lol.
The 6176E has several optional turbine housings so if it happens to be slow, I can get a .63 A/R turbine housing and see how that works out with this larger turbine wheel. So many options lol
Old 12/13/2012, 10:00 PM   #264 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

I don't think you will have any problem spooling the shit out of that thing. With a sealed exhaust I'm spooling a 1.1 AR at 3 and that's journal bearing too.
Old 12/13/2012, 10:05 PM   #265 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Quote:
I don't think you will have any problem spooling the shit out of that thing. With a sealed exhaust I'm spooling a 1.1 AR at 3 and that's journal bearing too.
That's the plan lol. This poor 5027E is out of breath by 4500rpm.
Old 12/18/2012, 08:12 PM   #266 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Getting started on things. Gonna be a slow start because I'm still waiting on a couple parts to get shipped in. Mostly waiting on the wastegate flanges and pipe. Going to try and recirc the wastegate so I'm trying to figure out exactly how I want to do it. Today I decided to start with the T4 flange. The rectangle shape makes getting a round pipe to fit tricky, but with some heat and a ball peen hammer, it'll go into shape. Used the torch at work to get it hot and it was beat into shape as easy as tapping on it. Without heat, you'll have to beat it alot harder to get it to reshape. Started welding it tonight but I'll finish it tomorrow so I can get time to grind on it a bit to get the flange design I want.

Old 12/18/2012, 09:54 PM   #267 (permalink)

Mattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFO
Mattt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2013, 01:09 AM   #268 (permalink)
DARKSIDE

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT 3.8
KJF5nutral : who are you?KJF5nutral : who are you?
And i got a supercharger sitting in my room, makes me want to sell it and go this route...Nice progress
Old 01/14/2013, 12:55 AM   #269 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

I say either way you would be happy. I actually just finished getting everything together. I've got an update with pictures coming in the next day or so. I haven't even had time to clean my car yet lol
I'm ready to put on on the drag strip this weekend and see what 6psi is going to do now that I can finally go all the way to redline
Old 01/14/2013, 07:39 AM   #270 (permalink)
Retrofitter

Vehicle: 03' Eclipse GS
jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via Yahoo to jstewart92
Loving it!
jstewart92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2013, 11:44 AM   #271 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

rsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by all
This is so good! Now you can focus on the look of the car
Old 01/26/2013, 10:24 PM   #272 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Here's comes a big update on progress and such. If you have dialup, I apologize cause I have alot of pictures. Anyhow, as things go, I have everything assembled but I'll start from where I left off at in my last update.

Got the flanges welded together. I brazed them for no good reason, just wanted to try brazing and because I had a big gap to fill with the turbo flange.

Working on the Y-Pipe getting it together. Cut a hole out in the side to make my 2-1 section bringing both pipes together to bring to the turbo to spool that baby.

And this is the cut I had to make on the pipe that's going to fit this hole perfectly. It's a tricky cut to make and was a pretty fun part of doing this.

Got it tack welded together to hold it in place while I waited for my friend to come over and weld it up.

First night of welding. Got this much of the pipe fitted & welded. Things are really coming together here because I could finally mount the turbo and start working on the 3" downpipe so all the clearances under the oil pan were right.

Welding on the Y-Pipe completely done, painted with VHT 2000f Header Spray and wrapped with DEI black header wrap. Speaking of which, I'll probably never use black header wrap again because it turns whitish and looks like poop.

Got the 3" Downpipe welded up this night and got it fitted to bolt up to the catback flush, clear the oil pan & starter and the head where it mounts to the turbo. It looks way bigger in person than it does in the picture too.

Showing the clearance given if you were looking for information. There's plenty of clearance using the rear manifold on the front to fit a fat turbo downpipe. Could probably clear a 3.5" pipe but it might be close.

Rear manifold fitted. Fits like it's supposed to be mounted on the front. Pretty good clearance between AC Fan, Dipstick tube and AC Lines.

Here is where & how I decided to mount the oil cooler. I planned to mount it this way because I thought I was going to have room to run the cooler lines around the AC compressor so I wouldn't have to run them between the drive belt but I wasn't able to fit it without alot of grinding on the AC bracket. That's something I will do in the future, but I was getting pressed for time and just wasn't able to get it done at this time.

Showing how the lines are ran to the oil filter adapter running between the drive belts. Really dislike this method, but it'll work for now.

See how close the lines are to things? Makes me really uncomfortable. It's not as close to the AC compressor as the picture looks, but it's still pretty good.

Yet another picture of how close it is to the drive belt.

3" Downpipe and plenty of room to grow

The ugly shitty looking holes I cut in the bumper to get proper air flow. And for the people that have documented this, I will confirm it further, the big hole in the bumper significantly dropped coolant temps. With the bumper off, my temps only ever got as hot as 180f. Put the bumper on and drove around, it got up to 210f. Then I noticed during tuning and such that the temps would climb up to 230f after a full 2nd & 3rd gear pull. Went back home and cut the hole out, and now temps never get over 190f, and 210f while idling. So with that being said, I absolutely hate the hole in the bumper, but functionality over form, I had to. After all, I guess it won't look too bad when I get time to straighten the cut and put a grill in it.
Same thing with the hole in the side for the oil cooler. I didn't cut it out completely so I can still put the fake bumper vents over the holes if I feel like it.

Another picture from the front. The hole is crooked and it bothers me severely but I have other issues to address first.

Finished Product

On another brighter note, I bought some Megan Coilovers from a friend of mine. They literally have less than 1000 miles on them, maybe less than 500 so it was a deal I couldn't pass up. With this, I'll be able to fit much larger tires in the front, and I'll be able to pick the car up some so I don't have to worry so much about scraping the turbo pipe. I'm going to be researching what the biggest tire size I can get is, but I'm eye balling some 255-45R18 tires right now. Seeing how 2nd gear is as useless as 1st gear, I need the traction. Especially after seeing how I was having to feather 3rd gear at the track to keep traction.

Speaking of going to the track, It was a big failure on my end. We had tuned the car the night before going to the track so I hadn't done any pulls for any longer than 10 seconds so it was a new level of stress at the track. I made 6 passes, and every past once I hit 90mph going into 4th gear, I kept hitting a fuel cut. Not sure what the deal was with it, but it happened every time causing me to just coast through the 1/4 mile mark because it simply wouldn't go past 90mph. On the highway, I have no problem going past 90mph so I haven't figured out what the problem is yet, but I'm working on it.

I have some things I going to do before I work on the engine anymore. Want to install a Quaife. Get the Megan Coilovers on and adjust them for traction and do my alignment at work when I get extra time after work. I want to get energy suspension motor mounts to completely eliminate the engine flex. And I have got to change my clutch and flywheel. It's been good to me for 4 years but it's time for a replacement after the abuse I've put it through.
Old 01/26/2013, 11:27 PM   #273 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

thahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by all
hows that oil cooler mounted. Got any close up pics
thahnic1080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/27/2013, 02:51 AM   #274 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 GS
mitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regular
Looking really good man!

A big change since i last viewed this thread!

Keep up the good work man!
Old 01/27/2013, 06:24 PM   #275 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Looks good man. That bay is gorgeous. I think you should get your hands on a buddy club front bumper, instead of cutting holes
Old 01/27/2013, 10:20 PM   #276 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingh12 View Post
Looks good man. That bay is gorgeous. I think you should get your hands on a buddy club front bumper, instead of cutting holes
Thanks man. I'll stay away from any bumper that isn't plastic. I think the factory bumpers look better than any aftermarket bumper available. Even more so with a ww lip kit.
Old 01/28/2013, 12:00 AM   #277 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

I agree, but the thing is with the hole you have to cut, I think it just takes away the beauty.
Old 01/28/2013, 08:50 AM   #278 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Maybe if you ever attempted to go fast you'd realize that sometimes function is necessary.
Old 01/28/2013, 10:06 AM   #279 (permalink)
How-Man

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GT-T
blacknblack3g has a few friends hereblacknblack3g has a few friends hereblacknblack3g has a few friends hereblacknblack3g has a few friends hereblacknblack3g has a few friends hereblacknblack3g has a few friends hereblacknblack3g has a few friends hereblacknblack3g has a few friends here
Looks absolutely amazing man. And FWIW, I think the hole in the front bumper looks okay. Just even it up and maybe put some mesh behind it? Keeping engine temps down is most important, function prevails over looks.
blacknblack3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2013, 10:13 AM   #280 (permalink)
Retrofitter

Vehicle: 03' Eclipse GS
jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via Yahoo to jstewart92
Smooth and even out your cuts and centering, round off the corners a bit. After you do that take some black door trim (the plastic stuff that keeps you from chipping paint when you open your door and the outside lip hits something hard). Apply that black trim to your bumper. After you do that, go buy some gutter guard from lowe's, Home depot, ace, etc. and paint it black. Place that behind your hole and contour it to the bumper. It will look fine.

Something like what I attempted here will work well. 03' GS - Steel Blue Pearl

Last edited by jstewart92; 01/28/2013 at 10:15 AM.
jstewart92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2013, 12:48 PM   #281 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Oh, by the way Jake, welcome to the custom front facia club.
Old 01/28/2013, 04:01 PM   #282 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

Vehicle: Y2K GT-P
ICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ICEMAN99TURBO Send a message via Yahoo to ICEMAN99TURBO
Wanna build me a new set of headers?
ICEMAN99TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2013, 11:08 PM   #283 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Quote:
Maybe if you ever attempted to go fast you'd realize that sometimes function is necessary.
I mean hey, just trying to give some suggestions
Old 04/01/2013, 10:26 PM   #284 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
Eclipse44 needs to be reminded to breathe.
Looks really nice, Those colors look really nice together
Eclipse44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/15/2013, 10:49 PM   #285 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Thx man. Eventually ill get around to making another good update. Just been doing small tweeks lately to keep it running good, especially with the weather getting hotter. Wont be doing anything big again until I get my 92 GSX running and can start driving it as a daily

Old 04/15/2013, 11:17 PM   #286 (permalink)
MRNMNR/T

Vehicle: 05 Stratus R/T Coupe
Liber_Jr Is 100% Moron!Liber_Jr Is 100% Moron!Liber_Jr Is 100% Moron!
Looking good, like the valve cover.
Liber_Jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/10/2013, 11:21 PM   #287 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Bunch of pictures and a little update. As it's been, I've been daily driving my car since January. Been loving it every second of it too. Been tweaking stuff here and there and adjustings things. I installed the coilovers and performed my alignment while I was at work. Got perfect caster, camber & toe and have the coilvers adjusted about as low as I can afford to go for now. I'll be getting larger tires soon so I'll be adjusting them more later. Anyway, it wasn't long after the turbo install that the well abused clutch took a dump. ACT 6-Puck clutch finally decided to call it quits. And being that I had the flywheel resurfaced when I put it in 4 years ago, I decided to get a new flywheel as well. While I had the transmission out, I decided to replace my busted prothane inserts (again) with some energy suspension solid polyurethane inserts. Needless to say, these motor mounts are far superior to the prothane mount inserts, and I have literally picked up absolutely no more vibration with them. These inserts are exactly the same minimal vibration of the prothanes, and they made a world of difference with smoothness or accelerating. So I decided to installed a Fidanza Flywheel and to install the Clutchmasters FX300 clutch that I've had in my cabinet for several months. If at all possible, I absolutely WILL NOT install another puck clutch in my car. It was terrible driving it every day with that clutch. This clutchmasters clutch is super smooth and grabby, no chatter or vibration during engagement. Best clutch I've used yet, and has held up to 6lbs boost thus far quite well for 3 months now. I will be investigating a twin disc clutch should the need come for clutch to hold more power.

The daily driving abuse has definately taken it's toll on the car. Although I have had no major failure others than the clutch, I have been having small things pop up. Particularly exhaust leaks. One big exhaust leak I had came from the flex pipe I installed in the y-pipe. Despite the fact I tried to get as many "quality" parts as possible, it got destroyed. Internally it was choking off my exhaust too so it doesn't surprise me that it blew a hole in it. I decided the best course of action was to just make a solid y-pipe with no flex. The solid y-pipe has held up much better and am yet to have any more exhaust leaks since this happened.

So just recently last week, I decided to order a few goodies for the car the 3g. Since I've been trying to put together my 4g63 engine for my GSX, I really haven't been putting anything into my 3g. I decided it was time to update the couplings & clean up the boost piping. Ordered red couplings, t-bolt clamps, & painted all the pipes black. I ordered some black slilcone hose. I disassembled & cleaned the Greddy Type-S Blow Off Valve, and took the top piece to my buddies house and powdercoated it to match everything else. While I had everything apart, I took the opportunity to paint the turbine housing & bearing housing to prevent rust setting in with VHT 2000f high temp paint. Pulled off the upper & lower intake and resealed them, and for the first time I put a new set of spark plugs into the engine. BRK7EIX gapped at .028". The factory plugs held up great, and honestly I didn't notice any difference changing them at all. I expect though, that it should help maintain the knock and detonation threshold having the 1 step colder plugs and tighter gapped. I replaced the seals in the throttle body as well. New gaskets & silicone sealed. Put everything together and boost tested it to guarantee no boost leaks at 15psi throughout the entire system. And what a difference those couplers & painted pipes did to the engine bay. :O

Just a couple days ago the Walbro 255lph fuel pump I ordered came in and I took the time to get it installed as well. Installed was pretty straight forward & incredibly easy. It seems to be easily over complicated on these forums. It is a direct replacement for the stock pump, you just have to modify the stock sock to accommodate the extra length & drill out the return line to allow extra return flow. I however, did not notice any difference in fuel pressure or increase in fuel while messing with the tune, or any change to my afrs throwout the power band. I am curious though to see if that is the fix for my fuel cut next time I get out to the drag strip.
I have a grill on the way to custom fit into my bumper. I took the time to perfectly measure it and reshape the hole to make it look much more pleasing to the eye. When I get the grill in, i'll take the time to make it look as stock-like as possible. And one of my favorite things about all of this, even with all these mods, I can still have the pleasure of driving my car in the city stop & go traffic redlight to redlight, windows rolled up with temps of 90f+ outside, and blow ice cold ac and maintain engine temps of 195f.

How she sits today

Last edited by Fenix22; 05/10/2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05/11/2013, 12:35 AM   #288 (permalink)
2.4LR16VDOHCAWDTURBO

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse RS-T, 99 S-10
Pale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regular
Everything is looking great man! Nice work.
-280whp, 330ftlb Dynojet
-14.371 1/4 Mile, 105.7 MPH
-Highest Stock 4G64 Long Block Peak Torque Record
SOLD

2000 GS-X Pale Horse II
-2.4LR DOHC AWD Turbo
-Under Construction
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/22/2013, 05:48 PM   #289 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Looks like I'll be deleting my flex pipes too. No wonder I've been blowing exhaust gaskets.
Old 05/22/2013, 09:53 PM   #290 (permalink)
MRNMNR/T

Vehicle: 05 Stratus R/T Coupe
Liber_Jr Is 100% Moron!Liber_Jr Is 100% Moron!Liber_Jr Is 100% Moron!
Great job man, wish I had the smarts and money to do this.
Liber_Jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/30/2013, 09:31 PM   #291 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Thanks man, it's been a blast to drive. Still running good & strong with no issues. Cant believe how reliable it's been even with the extreme of mods I've been through. Guess if things are done right, it works without issues lol. Cant wait to get my GSX 4g63t built so I can start daily driving it so I can get ready for the next step for the 3g. I have a megasquirt setup in the works. Mostly so I can go speed density, boost by gear, flat foot shifting, and tune change on demand, not to mention all the other little goodies that can go with it. Anywho, this is the engine bay as it's sitting now. My red coupling wouldn't fit properly no matter how much I wanted it to. That blue one is just shaped perfectly I guess, heh.
Old 05/30/2013, 10:16 PM   #292 (permalink)
Yep that b a 4cyl v6

motoguzzi : who are you?
By far the sexiest engine bay i have ever had the pleasure of laying eyes on. The blacked out valve cover and intake are
motoguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/30/2013, 10:26 PM   #293 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

depending on which MS you get they have some base maps i tested for them floating around on their forum.
Old 05/31/2013, 11:04 AM   #294 (permalink)
2.4LR16VDOHCAWDTURBO

Pale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regular
How come you're looking into a standalone to do all of that? Tephra v7 can do all of that (with the exception of realtime tuning), and so much more. I'm going speed density with just a GM IAT sensor, an Omnipower 4 Bar MAP sensor and a SpoolinUp plug-n-play MAF sensor delete harness.
-280whp, 330ftlb Dynojet
SOLD

2000 GS-X Pale Horse II
-2.4LR DOHC AWD Turbo
-Under Construction
Old 05/31/2013, 11:29 AM   #295 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse View Post
How come you're looking into a standalone to do all of that? Tephra v7 can do all of that (with the exception of realtime tuning), and so much more. I'm going speed density with just a GM IAT sensor, an Omnipower 4 Bar MAP sensor and a SpoolinUp plug-n-play MAF sensor delete harness.
Dude. V6.
Old 05/31/2013, 12:12 PM   #296 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

Quote:
i have a speed density patch that will run a v6 but it needs more work. The problem is trying to find someone reliable to do the coding
Old 05/31/2013, 12:33 PM   #297 (permalink)
2.4LR16VDOHCAWDTURBO

I don't understand Justin, are you not running Tephra v7 with big maps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thahnic1080 View Post
i have a speed density patch that will run a v6 but it needs more work. The problem is trying to find someone reliable to do the coding
This is along the lines of what I was talking about. I thought someone made a patch off Tephra that enabled its use on the V6. Maybe I'm just completely lost in the two extra cylinders, though I thought the Big Maps like Justin was running was from a patched Tephra.
-280whp, 330ftlb Dynojet
SOLD

2000 GS-X Pale Horse II
-2.4LR DOHC AWD Turbo
-Under Construction

Last edited by Pale Horse; 05/31/2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05/31/2013, 12:48 PM   #298 (permalink)
Boost by RIPP

Vehicle: '02 GT-SDS/'07 TL-S
Titanium2k2 : who are you?Titanium2k2 : who are you?Titanium2k2 : who are you?Titanium2k2 : who are you?
Send a message via Yahoo to Titanium2k2
Very impressive setup, man! Major props on all the custom work on that beast!
Old 05/31/2013, 12:49 PM   #299 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

Quote:
I don't understand Justin, are you not running Tephra v7 with big maps?

This is along the lines of what I was talking about. I thought someone made a patch off Tephra that enabled its use on the V6. Maybe I'm just completely lost in the two extra cylinders, though I thought the Big Maps like Justin was running was from a patched Tephra.
nope its not tephra patched at all. It was made by someone totally different. They may have used some of tephra coding but the big maps on the v6 are not like the tephra patches
Old 05/31/2013, 09:16 PM   #300 (permalink)
GET CATS GET CASH

Vehicle: 2011 mk6 Jetta
treehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by all
awesome work but I still hate that paint job!
treehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.