Fenix Eclipse Remodifcations - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11/15/2010, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-75-T
Fenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to Fenix22
Fenix Eclipse - 6G75 Turbo Progress

-------Mods List (Updated: 5/10/2013)-------
**Engine**
6G75 3.8L Non-Mivec Engine Swap - Tuned by myself @ 6psi boost on 91octane
6G74 Powder Coated Fuel Rail
6G74 Mild Port & Polished Powder Coated Intake Manifold
6G74 Mild Port & Polished Throttle Body
Powdercoated Multiple Brackets & Valve Cover
Ingalls Stiffy Torque Damper
Energy Suspension Motor Mounts
Precision 6176E Oil-Cooled Turbo
TurboXS Manual Boost Controller
Tial 38mm External Wastegate w/ 3psi spring
Greddy Type-S Blow Off Valve, custom powder coated top.
Ported Exhaust Manifolds
3" Turbo Downpipe
Modified Concepts N1 Full 3" Catback Exhaust
Front Mount Intercooler
Mishimoto 2" Aluminum Radiator
2 12" Pusher Fans
482 MAF Swap
4.5" MAF Adapter w/ Dry Air Filter
Evo IX MAP Sensor
DriftEffects Oil Catch Can
B&M Oil Cooler 5.75 x 11 x 1.5
Permacool 182 Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter
Aeromotive 1:1 Fuel Pressure Regulator
Precision 550cc Low Impedance Fuel Injectors
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump

**Suspension, Brakes, & Drivetrain**
Drag DR-12 Wheels - 18x7.5, 5x114.3, +45 Offset
225/40/18XL Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport Tires
Megan Racing Adjustable Coilovers
Rear Camber Kit
Rear DC Strut Brace

Power Stop Slotted & Drilled Front Rotors
Power Slot Pro Stop Slotted & Dimpled Rear Rotors
Hawk HPS Brake Pads
Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Powdercoated & Rebuilt Calipers
Eclipse Brake Caliper Decal

Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel

**Interior & Electronics**
A-Pillar Triple Gauge Pod Cluster
AEM Digital Wideband Guage w/ Datalogging Cables
Autometer EGT Gauge & Probe
Autometer Boost Gauge
03-05 GT Black Gauge Cluster Swap
Tactrix 2.0 USB Flash Cable
EvoScan & ECUFlash Tuning Software
02 ECU Swap - 01 Big Maps Tune

Optima Red Top Battery
Full Battery Relocation Kit to trunk
Big 3 Wire Upgrade (Alternator, Starter, Engine Ground)
Pioneer CD-Player
Sony Xplod 6 Door Speakers
Sony Xplod 6x9 Rear Panel Speakers
Eclipse 12" 750rms@2 ohm Subwoofer
Kicker 250watt@4ohm amplifier

Swapped to all black interior w/ Cloth seats
Red Molded Carpet Custom Fitted Front & Trunk
Red Headliner Custom Fitted
Red Sunvisors Custom Wrapped
Sickspeed Pearl Red Shift Knob
Painted Misc Interior Red to Match

**Exterior**
5000k Xenon HID Kit
Black Sonar Projector Headlights w/ Halos
TYC Black Tail Lights
Sonar Smoked Turn Signals & Reverse Light & 3rd Brake Light
VIS XtremeGT Carbon Fiber Hood
Black Painted Fake Vents on Front Bumper
Kia Dark Red Rose Custom Paint with Red Stripe

*** Future Mods List ***
->The Secret Sauce<-
EVO Style Carbon Fiber Hood
VIS Carbon Fiber Hatch
272 Camshafts
Kicker 6.5 fronts, 6x9 rears

*** Awaiting Install ***
Shine Street Lip Kit
V-Line Spoiler

---Most Recent Car Photos (Updated: 10/27/2012)---

---------------------------------------------------Original Post------------------------------------------------------------

Well guys, it's been about a year since I first joined the forums, and now I'm finally getting back on my car like I've been planning. I'm making this post as a build thread and to post all of my ideas and to get ideas at the same time.

Right now I"m in the process of stripping down the car to what I can stand to drive it with now, then adding everything I want in it. First of all, the stupid ass spoiler had to go. Really didnt fit my taste. Along with that, I took 300lbs of subwoofers & speaker box & amps out of the back. It raised my suspension back to where it should have been, and I need the weight reduction because I want performance more. I plan to add a small 10" sub in the back in the future.

Next I'm going to remove the racing seats and all interior panels. I'm going to put stock black panels & stock black leather seats back in it if I can find some. I'm going to need to find a parts car most likely.

After I get the interior back to stock & add the small single subwoofer, I plan to take it to a body shop to get a few things fixed. Clear Coat on my carbon fiber hood is chipping off, my rear bumper is cracked, I have holes where the spoiler was mounted, and I need a lip put on the front bumper to match the side skirts.
Along the way of getting this done, I'm going to have my eye open for any turbo parts as I begin to piece together a turbo kit. I plan on doing something that may not have been attempted yet, but I'll keep it as a surprise for the community until I get started on it.

For anyone that cares or wants to see, I keep the most recent pictures uploaded on Photobucket here: Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - The DD

Last edited by Fenix22; 05/10/2013 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Updates 5/10/2013
Fenix22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11/15/2010, 06:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
A turbo build and something that may not have been attempted yet? I'm interested. Hopefully you go about this soon so I have something different to look at.

This is what I'm about: The 3G, 1998 GSX, EVO IX GSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin711 View Post
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/15/2010, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Giggity

Vehicle: 01 EclipseGS 02 Lancer ES
RicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wide
Wheels are sexy. Its good that your taking out the riceness that was there before. Keeping it simple yet very Original. Due to the side skirt and rear, I would say a WW lip would work better then the SS. Fixing all your problems and then maybe taking out the red little strip. Beauty-ful!
RicoSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/17/2010, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Fenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okay
I decided since I have two other cars to drive I'd go ahead and strip the interior, so with the exception of the dash, everything is out of the car. I pulled out about 200 foot of wire (just guessing) from what the previous owner had use to run 8 tweeters, 4 speakers, 4 subwoofers, 2 amps and a couple dvd screens, in addition to underglow and some other wires for something I still haven't figured out. After payday, I'm going to the local junkyards and see what all I can use. I want all stock black panels, a new dash since mine is cracked, steering wheel, leather seats, seat belts, and maybe the carpet. I'm thinking about ordering a red carpet though and getting black floor mats with the red Mitsu logo with Eclipse wrote on them.

Last edited by Fenix22; 01/13/2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Rearranged my photos on Photobucket so had to update links
Old 11/17/2010, 07:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Mits Eclipse GS
Fritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to Fritz
Glad to see your cleaning it up Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/17/2010, 08:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
avid 3G owner

Vehicle: 2002 RS
werkz : who are you?
Since you are planning on replacing the dash, I recommend the '03-'05 Sebring coupe or Stratus coupe dash. Its a direct fit, minus the gauge cluster. But a little bit of modding you can get the eclipse gauges to fit the stratus dash. Or if you want to really do it right, use the gauges ment for the stratus dash.

Good luck with the build and hope to see more pics!
werkz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/17/2010, 08:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Vehicle: 2001 spyder gs
scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by werkz View Post
Since you are planning on replacing the dash, I recommend the '03-'05 Sebring coupe or Stratus coupe dash. Its a direct fit, minus the gauge cluster. But a little bit of modding you can get the eclipse gauges to fit the stratus dash. Or if you want to really do it right, use the gauges ment for the stratus dash.

if i ever take my dash out... i plan to do exactly that.

you got questions? we got answers: http://tearstone.com/shop/Factory-Service-Manuals/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00JStew3G View Post
If you want it done right, follow scarr's advice 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
scarr's right
scarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/17/2010, 08:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-T
Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
What's the diff with the dashes? Mines got no cracks so I'm happy with that...

Like my "motto" thing says. Hate the Previous Owner...
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/17/2010, 08:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Giggity

RicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wide
The PO was obviously a ridiculous ricer but i must say i do like the doors. Idk bout that stratus dashboard and cluster considering ive never seen one inside a 3G, but if they say its good i can vouch that it is, they know best. My Question I guess really would be, are you just trying to go Clean and Well Modified or Crazy Sexy Show Car with Tons of Mods and original ideas. You said in your OP that you might be going for something no one has done so I ask that because that would help us in giving you good suggestions like the stratus dash, or fancying maybe even utilizing the fact that you have all these subs and etc. You can custom make a mold to fit in the back of the trunk with the speakers and woofers dvd screens etc. That would be true, original stuff, the whole wooden box with your speaker is just tacky, but i would utilize having all that stuff the tht previous owner left behind. Cooking the riceness and adding beans.
Just suggestions
Old 11/17/2010, 09:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, 07 Jeep GC
Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Drunkoffjuic
Quote:
Originally Posted by werkz View Post

Im 75% sure there is no differance between the eclipse and stratus dash, besides the part around the headunit.
Old 11/17/2010, 09:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkoffjuic View Post
Im 75% sure there is no differance between the eclipse and stratus dash, besides the part around the headunit.
bot the 05 stratus dash... the early dashes are the same, but the last of the 2g dashes (2g for the stratus is 3g for the eclipse) are differnt, and NICE.
look it up, you will be surprised.

you got questions? we got answers: http://tearstone.com/shop/Factory-Service-Manuals/
Quote:
Quote:
scarr's right
Old 11/17/2010, 09:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

I'm not sure about changing the dashes from another car.. It's definatly something to consider however. When I go to the yard I'm going to see if I can find a stratus or sebring to look at and see how I feel about it.. but one things for sure I dont want other logos covering the car. It's a Mitsu Eclipse and frankly, I like it that way.
My goal is to basically go "Clean & Well Modified". I dont want a show car but dont want to be ashamed to show off anything either. What I plan to do that "may" not have been attempted to a 3g eclipse is all under the hood and has very little to do with interior design.
My probe has plenty of audio for me so I'm not concerned with audio here, nor dvd screens and ect... I'm concerned with engine performance and suspension stability for this car, but at the same time keeping the car comfortable to ride in and trying to keep it smooth.

This is the dash that's being talkd about
Old 11/17/2010, 09:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

Fritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okay
This is the dash that's being talkd about
[/QUOTE]

Not too sure how I feel about it. I think it looks good but I like the 3g Dash a little more.(maybe because im use to it) However, the one thing I like is the cup holder INFRONT of the shifter.
Old 11/17/2010, 10:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banana suit what?!

Vehicle: 98 Trans AM WS6
StreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regular
The 03-05 dash (2.5g like mine) doesn't have the same gauge faces, as you can see in the pictures. There are no aftermarket gauge faces and to change the color it's not just a simple swap of bulbs. In order to change the color you need to remove 7 or so surface-mount leds and re-solder new ones in. Also instead of cracking the foam on the dash usually warps up due to heat so it will be somewhat hard to find one that isn't warped. I'm not sure if the speedometer cluster will work either since the style wasn't offered at all in the eclipse. And doing the double-din is a PITA but if you're going all out like it seems that would probably be the least of your troubles

StreetLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/17/2010, 10:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Chillin'

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
Eclipse510 : who are you?Eclipse510 : who are you?Eclipse510 : who are you?Eclipse510 : who are you?Eclipse510 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse510 Send a message via MSN to Eclipse510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix22 View Post
Is that a cup holder in front of the shifter? why couldnt they do that on the eclipse??
Eclipse510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/18/2010, 06:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banana suit what?!

StreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse510 View Post
Is that a cup holder in front of the shifter? why couldnt they do that on the eclipse??
It doesn't work for shit. You can barely get a can to sit in there and you have to tip it first to get it to sit in the holder so if it's full and just opened you're screwed. The bottom of the silver radio faceplate is about halfway over it. Stupid idea.

Old 11/18/2010, 06:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
It doesn't work for shit. You can barely get a can to sit in there and you have to tip it first to get it to sit in the holder so if it's full and just opened you're screwed. The bottom of the silver radio faceplate is about halfway over it. Stupid idea.
Haha wow, So it looks like the eclipse set up is actually better!
Old 12/08/2010, 03:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Finally got a bunch of little goodies for my car. I managed to get my hands on almost all of the interior, and the best part is its all black with the exception of the sunvisors.. which mine doesn't even have right now!! I was going to get seats but we were having trouble getting them out of the car, so I decided not to go through too much trouble for them since they werent leather. Also grabbed all the bolts and clips I needed too! All this for $100. I'm quite satisfied.
As of now for the interior, I'm lacking all the seats (which I want black leather), I'm going to redo the headliner red, buying new red carpet, I'm running new speaker wires directly to the radio, I need to get my hands on the plastic interior pieces for the trunk, and I would like to find a mint condition dash to replace my cracked one. I'm also considering going back to the yard and getting a speedo cluster I saw out of an 03 GTS and take the black backing out of it and put in mine.

Oh, and I grabbed the gas lid assembly off the other car. I have to say the stock one looks very nice, and I seriously wonder why anybody would change this!!

Last edited by Fenix22; 01/13/2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Rearranged my photos on Photobucket so had to update links
Old 12/08/2010, 04:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Wow, great price on all that stuff.

Btw, why dont you just get the cluster and install it in your car? It sould work just fine.

Also, like i told many people on here, if there is something you need let me know. I am almost always at a yard and can get many different parts.
Old 12/08/2010, 04:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

According to the yard, the 03 GTS cluster wont work with my car.. which I dont care if it does or not, I dont want to change my odometer so that it doesnt read the cars actual miles. I just want that black background in it
Old 12/08/2010, 04:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Quote:
According to the yard, the 03 GTS cluster wont work with my car.. which I dont care if it does or not, I dont want to change my odometer so that it doesnt read the cars actual miles. I just want that black background in it
the yard is right. you need an 00-02, the others wont work.

Quote:
Quote:
scarr's right
Old 12/08/2010, 05:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Retrofitter

Vehicle: 03' Eclipse GS
jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via Yahoo to jstewart92
Idk how i feel about the tails and bumper lights, they kinda can work with the color, but it's a tough call.
jstewart92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/08/2010, 05:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

looks like you had a very successful day at the junk yard.
Old 12/08/2010, 06:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr View Post
the yard is right. you need an 00-02, the others wont work.
Oh then i guess im just pulling ideas out of my ass.

I personally have a 03-05 cluster in my 02. You just need to make sure you get a V6 cluster.
Old 12/08/2010, 06:59 PM   #25 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse Spyder Gt
MitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by many
I'm honestly kind of excited to see what you do with your car! Looks good
MitsubishiOwn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/01/2011, 04:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

I've been slowed down with the holidays, but I've been able to get some stuff done within the past couple days. My carpet & Headliner stuff shipped in on the 23rd, and I've been trying to get it all put in.. I plan on finishing installing my carpet & headliner tonight. I may also get the trunk finished up & get the rear carpet installed.

I took out the sunroof & completely cleaned it up.. It seems like some of the plastic around the track wire has crumbled and all of the pieces of it have spread about the sunroof tracks & the window motor making it difficult to work.. I completely disassembled it & cleaned everything I could, sprayed some WD40 on the hard to work parts, cleaned it again and packed it with some sunroof grease. It is working SO MUCH better now. I dont have to push it to make it go back anymore, it does it on its own now, but I do still have to push it up a little bit to get it to pop up.

I relocated the battery to the trunk on Christmas. I really wanted to give my car a present so I did lol.. It took a while, but I got it figured out and I dont seem to have run into any problems with it. 2ga wire runs from the positive batt to the engine compartment & bolts to a stud. An 8ga wire runs for a spare ground to the engine compartment & bolts where the original ground does. I also have a 2ga ground bolted to the frame by the battery for extra security. I know it doesn't looking that great yet, but I had to make sure what I was doing was going to work good before I made it all look good. I'll go back & make it look clean when I get done with all of this.

As of parts to get, I'm still looking to get Seats, Black Trunk Panels, Shift Knob, & a Dash if I can find one with no cracks. I'm also going to be looking into getting gas/brake/clutch pedal covers, a spoiler (considering stock), the black background for the guage cluster, stock steering wheel & air bag. & a rear strut brace. I'm going to be doing some custom work to some of the small interior pieces that dont come in different colors, such as the sun visors & the mount tabs for them. I'm considering getting just some cloth seats because I haven't come across any black leather ones yet locally. If I get the cloth seats I'm sure I can get them coated with leather at a local shop later & get 'Eclipse' etched in the headrest like I really want.

Oh, and for you guys that havent checked your cabin filter.. I suggest you do it. After 10 years, those things can get really nasty. Look at mine for example. Definatly getting a new one!

If you guys have any suggestions let me know. Thanks

Last edited by Fenix22; 01/13/2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Rearranged my photos on Photobucket so had to update links
Old 01/01/2011, 05:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Chillin'

Eclipse510 : who are you?Eclipse510 : who are you?Eclipse510 : who are you?Eclipse510 : who are you?Eclipse510 : who are you?
lookin good cant wait to see the result and yea those cabin filters get filthy...i cleaned mine 3 or 4 months ago
Old 01/01/2011, 05:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
WC 2010 SF Giants!

fkcamaro : who are you?
I have the OEM shift knob along with the white plastic ring inside if you need it..
Old 01/02/2011, 02:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Vehicle: 01 Gt
Black_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okay
You're definitely turning this car around. Didn't think I'd like red carpet/headliner, but from the pics you've posted I think it will actually look really good.

I also see some prothane motor mounts and a very interesting Zex nitrous kit.

Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhaust gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveodotcom1 View Post
Money can buy you a race car, but money can't buy you the skill to race it.
Black_out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/02/2011, 02:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

i like that you are slowly getting rid of the rice, and putting in the nice.

Quote:
Quote:
scarr's right
Old 01/02/2011, 04:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_out View Post
You're definitely turning this car around. Didn't think I'd like red carpet/headliner, but from the pics you've posted I think it will actually look really good.

I also see some prothane motor mounts and a very interesting Zex nitrous kit.
I was skeptical about the carpet & headliner myself, but it turned out beautifully. The pictures just don't do justice for it, or at least my phone doesn't take the clearest pictures. It looks much better in person and it's so soft.

I installed the motor mounts when I first bought the car due to 3 busted mounts and I love the prothane mounts. I have very minimum wheel hop sometimes. I'll be looking into a stiffy in the future. The Zex kit will come in use in the far future. It'll probably be the last thing I reinstall on my engine when I get done.

Last edited by Fenix22; 01/02/2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01/04/2011, 10:07 PM   #32 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Done with the carpet in the front & trunk area. Gonna make a trip to the yard soon & see if I can scavage some more pieces.

And to show my love for the car & engineering, and my dedication to the whole project I have in mind.. I decided to get tattoo for it lol. Call it what you want, I love my car.

Last edited by Fenix22; 01/13/2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Rearranged my photos on Photobucket so had to update links
Old 01/04/2011, 10:19 PM   #33 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
And to show my love for the car & engineering, and my dedication to the whole project I have in mind.. I decided to go ahead & get tattoo for it lol.
For real?!

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/04/2011, 10:25 PM   #34 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesse49ers View Post
For real?!

Old 01/04/2011, 10:45 PM   #35 (permalink)
WC 2010 SF Giants!

I recently put a new carpet in too, did you have a hard time lining up the holes for the bolts?
Old 01/04/2011, 10:56 PM   #36 (permalink)
King of Rice!!

Vehicle: 2013 Focus ST
Lil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by many
I have the same alloy cap on my car. I don't know if you knew it or not at the time, but the gas cap you had before was originally stock, just upgraded OEM. I think it was like a $50 add on to dealer when ordering the car. Not sure on price now, but you really just went from alloy OEM to plastic OEM. Nice either way, just a little bit of info. Great job on the carpet, looks great!

EDIT: Also, looking back at your trunk, you can use black shoe polish to renew your interior plastics, I redid mine for about $10 and they turned out great! Theres a thread on the forum about it already, but I cannot remember the name of it.

Last edited by Lil Mitsu; 01/04/2011 at 10:59 PM.
Lil Mitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/07/2011, 05:29 PM   #37 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Thanks for all the positive responses & tips guys. I really appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkcamaro View Post
I recently put a new carpet in too, did you have a hard time lining up the holes for the bolts?
As a matter of fact, I did have some difficult time lining up the holes.. It appears to be easy to cross-thread them because a couple at the junk yard were cross-threaded when I took them out. I just had to play with them for a couple minutes til I got it right & could thread them down with my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Mitsu View Post
I have the same alloy cap on my car. I don't know if you knew it or not at the time, but the gas cap you had before was originally stock, just upgraded OEM. I think it was like a $50 add on to dealer when ordering the car. Not sure on price now, but you really just went from alloy OEM to plastic OEM. Nice either way, just a little bit of info. Great job on the carpet, looks great!

EDIT: Also, looking back at your trunk, you can use black shoe polish to renew your interior plastics, I redid mine for about $10 and they turned out great! Theres a thread on the forum about it already, but I cannot remember the name of it.
I didn't realize the old gas lid I had was a stock option.. It was kinda stained anyway.. i guess it could've been polished though.. I really like the one I have on it though
Thanks for the tip with the shoe polish.. I'll look into doing that. One of the pieces I got from the yard today has a blemish on it so I'll see if I can work it out or something with some polish or maybe some of that Back to Black stuff.

Well guys, a little bit of an update here.. Made a trip to the yard this morning and asked to see all the 2001-2005 Chrylser Sebring & Dodge Stratus 2-door coupes.
Fortunately, they had one of each. In the stratus we pulled the seats out & got to thinking about it, and went and disassembled the seats in the Eclipse I was pulling on before & put the stratus seat rails on it & now I got a set of good seats. Only prob is they're a little faded so I'm considering dying them, or using them temporarily til I can get my hands on some black leather. None of the cars we looked at had leather seats period. Oh, and I had a local interior shop quote me $1500 to have my seats wrapped in Katzkin two-tone leather.. bit overpriced I believe.
I finally managed to get everything except for a good dash with no cracks. I had grabbed a shift knob too but somehow lost it on the way out, probably buy a good aftermarket one or purchase from someone on here. So hopefully I'll have it completely put back together in a week or so after I get the seats done & I'll finally be driving my baby again.

Everything is dirty as hell in these pictures, but I've already cleaned it all up & it all cleaned up well. For $125, I landed with all this. Including the gauge cluster I was wanting the black background out of. Pleased yet again.

Last edited by Fenix22; 01/13/2011 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Rearranged my photos on Photobucket so had to update links
Old 01/07/2011, 06:02 PM   #38 (permalink)
Chillin'

like the car not the tattoo, i dont think i would get that even if i owned Mitsubishi

but hey whatever floats your boat man
Old 01/07/2011, 06:43 PM   #39 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 GT
buddd : who are you?buddd : who are you?
Oh man, you are going to regret that one. Especially if Mitsubishi keeps heading the way they are.

The car looks good though.
buddd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2011, 11:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Little bit of an update here.. Finally caught time between college, work, and girlfriend to finally get my seats done & get the rest of the panels installed. I finally have a trunk light!

Looks like I'm just out for a dash & a few other minor things. Things I want to add will be a DC Rear Strut Brace (hence why I didn't put the strut plastic covers on) and I have a guy in the car club that'll make me a custom box for a little exchange for a Kicker L7 10.

I bought a 3-gauge pillar pod from EZT on here. Thanks again, EZT! I'll have that thing in once I get some gauges for it

As it sits right now, I'm dyeing my front seats to get rid of the sun fade. I've already done the rear ones.. they weren't faded bad so it didn't take much & put them in. They look awesome with the red carpet & headliner!!

Old 01/14/2011, 01:55 PM   #41 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club exists
You do know that tattoo's are permanent, right?

Just curious...nice work on the car. Interesting choice of colour for the rug.
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2011, 01:57 PM   #42 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

Vehicle: 2002 GT-T
thahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloosk View Post

just wait till old age sets in
thahnic1080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2011, 05:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloosk View Post

Just curious...nice work on the car. Interesting choice of colour for the rug.
but at least the carpet matches the drapes... unlike some OTHER eclipse owners.

Quote:
Quote:
scarr's right
Old 01/14/2011, 06:17 PM   #44 (permalink)

Vehicle: 6g74 3.5L 02gt
02gt has a few friends here02gt has a few friends here02gt has a few friends here02gt has a few friends here02gt has a few friends here02gt has a few friends here02gt has a few friends here02gt has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to 02gt
Are you going to keep the floor mats black? Nice work.
02gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2011, 06:46 PM   #45 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse Spyder Gt
MitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by many
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahnic1080 View Post
just wait till old age sets in
Thahnic i really hate when people say exactly what you said... I have no tattoos but lets say i did. When I am an old man and all wrinkle I will not give a fuck what I look like and its not like I will be going around with my shirt off and shit. Point of this is when I am old I am not going to care how I look.

I like the car btw fenix!! I don't agree with the tattoo but if thats a big part of your life then thats fine
MitsubishiOwn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2011, 09:27 PM   #46 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

I know tattoos are permanent & cars in general are a big part of my life so it's self explanatory.

I got black floor mats & they'l look best on the carpet. I get excited being done with this little project. I'm going to clean up my suspension & brakes with a few upgrades & powdercoats hopefully at the beginning of feburary

Thanks for the support guys!
Old 01/16/2011, 05:30 PM   #47 (permalink)
Protect this house

Vehicle: 2001 GT 3.8 6G75 NM
GTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be new
Cool project, keep up the good work bud!

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
March 2014 Car of the Month
GTmitsu is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/17/2011, 05:00 PM   #48 (permalink)

ownski : who are you?
nice car man, maybe you can teach me a couple things one day
ownski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/17/2011, 07:36 PM   #49 (permalink)
Shut up.

Vehicle: 2007 Infiniti G35X
wright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends here
Send a message via MSN to wright06jhs
Looks like your pulling it together nicely.

My Ride

G35Driver
wright06jhs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/17/2011, 09:08 PM   #50 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTmitsu View Post
Cool project, keep up the good work bud!
Thanks. I got alot of stuff I wanna do so they'll be plenty of stuff done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownski View Post
nice car man, maybe you can teach me a couple things one day
Thanks man. Only time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright06jhs View Post
Looks like your pulling it together nicely.
Thanks. I'm really trying to undo all the riceness & get it back to niceness.
Old 02/10/2011, 10:52 PM   #51 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Little update.. Finally got a dash and got it installed. Now minus a couple minor interior pieces it's almost done. I got my sunvisors professionally done since dying them turned into a disaster. I'm working out everything I can to finish the interior like recoloring a couple small pieces that are silver to the same red as the carpet.

As it sits now, it's on jack stands waiting for my friend to finish powder coated my brake calipers mirror red. I'll be estatic to have those back soon! I got a lump sum of money coming in soon and with that I'll be getting Powerslot rotors, Hawk brakes, and maybe stainless steel brake lines. Plus a maintenance fluid flush.

Courtesy to EZT for the 3-gauge pod pillar to be used in the future, and courtesy to drunkoffjuic for excellent condition dash.

After I got my seats put in I went for a little cruise to town and over to a body shop to get some prices, and while I was out I decided to take a couple pics. Didn't really turn out any good ones, but I posted what I think to be the best one.

Old 02/11/2011, 12:04 AM   #52 (permalink)
Banana suit what?!

That's really coming along quite well can't wait to see it completed.

Old 02/11/2011, 12:20 AM   #53 (permalink)
01 Eclipse Spyder GT

Vehicle: '74 260z , 03 Scooby
SoulAmazing needs to be reminded to breathe.
Looks good bro its comming together nicely.
also i think the plastic part on the sun visors should be black just my opinion
Old 02/11/2011, 10:13 AM   #54 (permalink)
idk wtf 2 put

Vehicle: 05 GT
errol12061 : who are you?errol12061 : who are you?errol12061 : who are you?errol12061 : who are you?
coming along pretty good. im liking it
Old 02/11/2011, 10:25 AM   #55 (permalink)
6G75 Turbo 3G

Quote:
Thanks. I cant wait for it to be completed! lol. I'm giving myself a deadline to the end of this month to be done with this first section of modifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAmazing View Post
Looks good bro its comming together nicely.
also i think the plastic part on the sun visors should be black just my opinion
Thanks man. I thought bout the sun visors and giving them two different colors, but I think the stock look is good enough, just a different color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by errol12061 View Post
coming along pretty good. im liking it
appreciate man, it helps keep me motivated
Old 02/11/2011, 02:54 PM   #56 (permalink)
Chillin'

damn that shit looks good
Old 02/11/2011, 02:59 PM   #57 (permalink)
Giggity

lol I'd keep the red stripe on the body, But its coming along well

Good build you got going on
Old 02/11/2011, 04:36 PM   #58 (permalink)
WC 2010 SF Giants!

It is hard to install the dashboard? Seems like you did everything yourself for the interior..wow..nice job
Old 02/11/2011, 07:14 PM   #59 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

I'm quite interested to see the final result. Keep it up.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 02/11/2011, 08:40 PM   #60 (permalink)
My Snail's Bigger =P

Vehicle: 03 GS-T/98 Expedition(EB)
03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by finesse49ers View Post
I'm quite interested to see the final result. Keep it up.

Keep up the good work

My Quicksilver 3G:http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-...silver-3g.html
Sponsored by: Mishimoto
03Quicksilver3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.