Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

My other hunka hunka shit.

68K views 253 replies 39 participants last post by  Bitter 
#1 ·

Recycled Mom-mobile, total cost to to me? $263 :yesway:

Going to toss some money at it spasticaly to make it more pleasant to drive in the winter, first project...195F thermostat. Future improvements? HID retro (dependent on headlight fitment), heated seat (only one for me), some better interior lighting (dome bulb burned out finally, after 14 years), and whatever else I feel like tossing it at on a whim for tiddly winks and poppy cocks.

See less See more
#2 ·
I like that, especially if you make that your winter beater.

#4 ·
I keep forgetting its NOT the Celica, I can't enter a ramp at 50, I cant take a ramp at 50, I can't take a ramp at 45, I can't take a ramp at 40, I can take a ramp at 35 but I feel like its going to capsize like the SS Poseidon. I have to take ramps at 30.

If I step on the accelerator pedal past 3/4 throttle, nothing else happens. It does not go faster, it just makes more noise. Similarly, if the tachometer reaches past 5000 RPM, that last 1000 RPM is solely for show.

The seat has no side bolstering
The rear brakes are drums
There is no ABS
The headlights are dismal
The engine whines, it does not roar.

All of this conspires to find me driving like an elderly woman, often not realizing that I'm going UNDER the speed limit by at least 5 miles an hour.

#8 ·
There is a reason for this...
They were given to my mother years ago by someone, she wanted to use them. I was about 14 or 15 at the time and I installed them with a 'friend'. I need to re-wire them and re-run the wiring as its pretty poorly done...but hell they've held up for 10 flipping years! I use them as daytime running lights to make the car more visible, they are switched but will turn on/off only with the key in RUN position. They've got SHIT for light output, they're dimmer than I remember...probably because there is corrosion in the wiring, I'll fix that.

My current quest is to make the 3rd brake light mind numbingly bright, I'm going to tear into it and see what kind, if any, reflector it has and then go from there with either a very bright LED bulb or a better reflector, both, or try my hand at MAKING a LED panel with some high intensity LED's to sit behind the diffuser. I want people to really understand when I apply my brakes that I'm applying my brakes. None of that 'I'm sorry, I didn't see your brake lights' bullshit here!

#9 ·
#16 ·
Those Mazda 626 with the FSDE Engine (2.0l 4cyl) are bulletproof man, but if the idle ever starts messing up you'll have hell getting it back to what it's supposed to be.. is that thing an auto or manual? The auto trannies are notorious for croaking

Nice car though. :yesway: My probe is essentially has the same engine/drivetrain so if u ever got a question, I know alot of the common problems with them :)

#17 ·
[

Recycled Mom-mobile, total cost to to me? $263 :yesway:

Going to toss some money at it spasticaly to make it more pleasant to drive in the winter, first project...195F thermostat. Future improvements? HID retro (dependent on headlight fitment), heated seat (only one for me), some better interior lighting (dome bulb burned out finally, after 14 years), and whatever else I feel like tossing it at on a whim for tiddly winks and lots of cocks.
WAT??!?!?

#23 ·
No, you're right. But the shape is slightly different, which is why I'm not 100% sure I can get them to fit. They should fit with minor trimming and fiddling.

#34 ·
0W-30 oil, shits good. Engine cranked much faster this morning in the cold and started easier, reached warmup idle speed faster. going to run it for 6K miles with a standard Champion filter, a slightly over sized one.

#35 ·
Where the hell do you find that shit? I've been looking for it forever. Not that I had any problems starting either my van or the spyder when it was -30 the other day... :dunno:

#41 ·
I'll snap a photo of the horn tomorrow, I meant to on the way home...its big man. My boss laughed when I showed him 'the hell is that for?' :lol:

#44 ·
Dammit, no Wal-Mart or Canadian Tire around here sells it. I've asked around for it many times, but most people are like :scratch: then :dunno: and I'm like :scream:

I really don't want to have to drive to Buffalo just to get engine oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.