DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt. - Page 10 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06/14/2014, 12:44 PM   #541 (permalink)

SlvrGTPP : who are you?
I read the whole thread. I love the complexity of your car. You gave me a lot of ideas.
SlvrGTPP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08/17/2014, 12:48 PM   #542 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Vehicle: 2001 mitsu eclipse GT
Devilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okay
Well I have some fun news for those that care! Bought a 95 gsx. With some assortment of goodies.
Devilmcponste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/17/2014, 01:01 PM   #543 (permalink)

Vehicle: 04 GT
QE3G : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmcponste View Post
Well I have some fun news for those that care! Bought a 95 gsx. With some assortment of goodies.
+1 for GSX
QE3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08/17/2014, 02:41 PM   #544 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Devilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okay
Cleaner ng up the engine bay. Wire tick repaint, and of course some fashion additives.

Car has a 6bolt 1ga engine. Forged probe pistons and shot peen rods, dnp header with wastegate open, tial wastegate with 2in dumppipe, 3in exhaust, hks regrind cams, evo 16g turbo, dual pass intercooler, with 2in piping. Im upgarding to a sheet metal intake, bigger throttle body, oil catch can, dual core radiator, mishimoto oil cooler, mishimoto race thermostat, slim fans, and lots of other odds and ends, redoing suspension, prothane bushings, 3g rear arms, megan ez street coilovers, going with 17x9+0 wheels with flares, high rise spoiler supra style 2gb front bumper with carbon lip, cleaning the interior up with evo 9 steering wheel and shot throw shifter, new sound system, and cleaning the garble out of it. All for a dd. Probably emd up making another build thread for it.
Attached Thumbnails
DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-1408303933837.jpg   DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-1408303947738.jpg   DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-1408303967646.jpg   DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-1408303989336.jpg   DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-1408304005805.jpg  

DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-1408304020056.jpg   DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-1408304036436.jpg  
Old 09/18/2014, 02:56 PM   #545 (permalink)

Vehicle: 04 Lancer Ralliart
Kroric : who are you?
Send a message via Skype™ to Kroric
Any updates on the 3G or have you been focused on the 2G?
Kroric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/23/2014, 11:42 PM   #546 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroric View Post
Any updates on the 3G or have you been focused on the 2G?
Yeah actually! Picking up some new fenders in a week to start making the wide body, and just picked up sone powdercoated pieces.
Attached Thumbnails
DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-1411533733646.jpg   DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-1411533746584.jpg  
Old 09/24/2014, 08:04 AM   #547 (permalink)

Vehicle: 08 S80, 06 M5
lyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okay
You make me want to have stuff powdercoated again in my bay. waiting to see how well hydrodip holds up in there first though =p
lyonstl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/24/2014, 09:00 AM   #548 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonstl View Post
You make me want to have stuff powdercoated again in my bay. waiting to see how well hydrodip holds up in there first though =p
Ive never had powder on my engine bay so I felt it was time.
Old 10/03/2014, 08:21 AM   #549 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Started doing the wire tuck, its a hooker of a deal. Going to be purchasing up a lot of goodies for the winter.

Also possibly opening up a shop this winter. Super pumped for that. Will start on the widebody once the car is running again. Hopefully at its new home.
Old 10/05/2014, 11:28 AM   #550 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quick rendering my brother did of a sketch I made of the 3g with a widebody setup or more so a flare setup. Will be starting this soon as I should be opening a performance shop in my local area this winter. About two weeks from opening up and renovating.
Attached Thumbnails
DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-1412526414697.jpg  
Old 10/05/2014, 11:35 AM   #551 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Vehicle: 04 GS
Nerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okay
Love it, excited for more updates!
Nerdbird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/05/2014, 02:22 PM   #552 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdbird View Post
Love it, excited for more updates!
Awesome! Theyll be made to fit 17x10 0 offset wheels with 275 tires.
Old 03/29/2015, 11:00 PM   #553 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Car is running, like shit. New exhaust on the way in, made some new adjustable endlinks for thw front. Installed megan rear toe arms. Waiting on mochi to get back tonme about buying their front strut tower bar some under braces and their rear lower tie bar, so I can discard the megan aluminum bar.

Working on the widebody right now as well. Its slowly coming along.

After the body comes the new dash, then rollcage. Then comes the motor. Going to start collecting bits for the motor build. I already have some parts for the awd drive swap, need a transmission still, then with the trans I will be heading with a bare block and trans to a friend to have a adapter plate made.

I will be racing the car all year and wont tear it down till I have my new shop.

Over the course of this year I will be making new parts for the car such as lower control arms for the front, crash bars and support bars for aero mounting.

So hopefully in 2016 I will be able to roll out with a 6g72sohc awd track car.

Thats the unrealistic goals for the next 1.5 year haha.

Realistic goals will be boosted and lsd 72.

Im not sure how dead this site is getting but I would to hear and see aome feedback from people.
Attached Thumbnails
DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-1427687519590.jpg  
Old 03/29/2015, 11:04 PM   #554 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.
I'm still here, looks like good progress

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
tHEpRINCE-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/29/2015, 11:41 PM   #555 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEpRINCE-GT View Post
I'm still here, looks like good progress

Glad to see someone is still on here haha. Slow progress. Last year was not my year at all.
Old 03/30/2015, 06:13 AM   #556 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.
Quote:
Glad to see someone is still on here haha. Slow progress. Last year was not my year at all.

I hear you, I'm planning on moving so this year won't be great. Hell. By 2016 I see the red car getting scrapped and a different car (another 3G) entering my life with a rust free body.

Good to see your progress no matter what the pace is

Old 03/30/2015, 04:21 PM   #557 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Nerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okay
Still around. Keep the updates coming.
Old 03/30/2015, 05:35 PM   #558 (permalink)
Soon to be 4G64K-T!

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GS
ryandiaz440 seems to be okayryandiaz440 seems to be okayryandiaz440 seems to be okayryandiaz440 seems to be okayryandiaz440 seems to be okayryandiaz440 seems to be okayryandiaz440 seems to be okay
I'm still lurking, lol. I like that end link idea. I was entertaining myself by attempting to make a turn buckle setup with either two "eye" lids or a pair of tie rods off an atv at the end. Stillooking good man. I'm liking your future plans
ryandiaz440 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/30/2015, 11:36 PM   #559 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Thanks guys Ill keep em coming as they do. Next update will simply be of the car running with new exhaust and maybe soke clips of it out on my favorite road. After that its time to finish up bodywork.
Old 03/30/2015, 11:37 PM   #560 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandiaz440 View Post
I'm still lurking, lol. I like that end link idea. I was entertaining myself by attempting to make a turn buckle setup with either two "eye" lids or a pair of tie rods off an atv at the end. Stillooking good man. I'm liking your future plans
Ill let you know how these end links do.
Old 04/02/2015, 10:49 PM   #561 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Well fixed my cars running problem, had a couple plug wirea mixed up. Everything else is perfect. New exhaust sounds good. For the time being.
Old 04/06/2015, 02:09 AM   #562 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Just some shots of my crap. Gonna hit it hard tkmorrow on the new body parts.
Attached Thumbnails
DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-1428303958986.jpg   DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-1428303976955.jpg  
Old 08/11/2015, 04:54 PM   #563 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Been driving the car around tuning the suspension, dealing with leaks and what not, now I'm focusing on aero parts. Will be starting a new air dam/splitter setup soon, a full detachable tubed setup will hold it all together. Here's a pic of a carbon spoiler on the car.
Attached Thumbnails
DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-1439329949105.jpg  
Old 08/11/2015, 05:58 PM   #564 (permalink)

Lookin good man.

Old 08/13/2015, 11:19 AM   #565 (permalink)

Vehicle: Mitsubishi eclipse GT
rebuilt3ggt : who are you?rebuilt3ggt : who are you?
Bring back the 2g spoiler!
rebuilt3ggt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/13/2015, 11:58 AM   #566 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Need more down force in the rear. Car is too loose at high speeds.
Old 12/08/2015, 02:32 PM   #567 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Car officially is being torn down to start the rebuild and transformation Ive been talking about for years.

I will be tearing the car down to bar chassis, where it will be media blasted, the roll cage will be placed in, car will be seam welded, every single mm. The body will be refinished and repainted a mid gloss gray color with white, purple, and blue bits everywhere. The car will be undergoing some major surgery. Tubular subframes front and rear are going to be made, awd and turbo swapped. Motor is going to be built as well. Pistons and godson stock crank, going to build a bottom end girdle, researching into head swaps right now, fully building the heads, going to be running a 90mm tb with 3in vband piping. T67 turbo, custom exhaust (nascar style lol).

so parts list as it sits currently.

evo mr 6 speed trans
Turbonetics t67 turbo
Gsx rear diff
tial 50mm bov, tial wastegate
custom trans adapter plate
custom trans mount
tubular subframes front and rear, tubular trans crossmember
fuel cell and fuel pump
injectors
rebuilt and customized coiloves from d2 with separate oil reservoirs
girodisc floating rotors front and rear
big country labs custom spoiler
extreme dimensions evo 8 vtx splitter
new hood and hatch (carbon)

thats about it for now. Ill be posting up a lot as the car starts to come a part.

If anyone is on dam talk let me know. I may start a build thread on here for my gsx which is under way right now, but generally Id like t hook up with anyone on there as well.
Old 12/08/2015, 05:12 PM   #568 (permalink)
Willful Aspirer

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS
gabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regular
Send a message via Skype™ to gabessdsp
Can't wait to see this come together
gabessdsp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/08/2015, 06:52 PM   #569 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

YUS YUS YUS. Been waiting for this.
Old 12/08/2015, 08:18 PM   #570 (permalink)

Why evo 6 speed trans. They are generally weaker than the 5 speed.

Old 12/08/2015, 08:59 PM   #571 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Why evo 6 speed trans. They are generally weaker than the 5 speed.

Built trans.
Old 12/15/2015, 10:37 PM   #572 (permalink)
MAAAAADDDDD

zackefel : who are you?zackefel : who are you?zackefel : who are you?zackefel : who are you?
okay. i want that how to on the fender flares that you promised... the car is beautiful! I'm already low, but new wheels, and usable fitment is next on my list.
zackefel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/16/2015, 12:28 AM   #573 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackefel View Post
okay. i want that how to on the fender flares that you promised... the car is beautiful! I'm already low, but new wheels, and usable fitment is next on my list.
What??
Old 12/16/2015, 01:00 AM   #574 (permalink)
MAAAAADDDDD

zackefel : who are you?zackefel : who are you?zackefel : who are you?zackefel : who are you?
when you attached the fender flares, did you cut back the sheet metal, or just drill holes and pop rivet it flush with the fender? and do you get any scrubbing with the flares, spacers, and 10 wide wheels?
zackefel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/16/2015, 02:26 AM   #575 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackefel View Post
when you attached the fender flares, did you cut back the sheet metal, or just drill holes and pop rivet it flush with the fender? and do you get any scrubbing with the flares, spacers, and 10 wide wheels?
Yeah you have to cut alot of sheet metal, then reseam the rear fender wells, with glue or weld them. If you don't trim you will rub everywhere.
Old 12/16/2015, 08:31 AM   #576 (permalink)

Vehicle: 04 Lancer Ralliart
Kroric : who are you?
Send a message via Skype™ to Kroric
Awesome! Cant wait to see more on this build. Been one of my favorites.
Kroric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/16/2015, 11:37 AM   #577 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GSX
bostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regular
Can't wait to see the fails
Old 12/16/2015, 12:30 PM   #578 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroric View Post
Awesome! Cant wait to see more on this build. Been one of my favorites.
Thanks!
Old 12/16/2015, 12:30 PM   #579 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonhatcher View Post
Can't wait to see the fails
I'm sure there will be lots of trials during this build.
Old 12/16/2015, 01:14 PM   #580 (permalink)

bostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regular
Quote:
I'm sure there will be lots of trials during this build.
How are you planning on doing the adapter plate?
Old 12/16/2015, 01:20 PM   #581 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2 cars that arent 3g's
Davids00 : who are you?Davids00 : who are you?Davids00 : who are you?Davids00 : who are you?Davids00 : who are you?
Nice
Davids00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/17/2015, 07:11 PM   #582 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Same way Adam Heasman with the 4G eclipse that's run the built mivec 75 on an evo 5 speed did. Have you seen it?
Old 12/17/2015, 07:47 PM   #583 (permalink)

Yea you're gonna need an adapter plate thick enough for M10 bolts to thread into which would be minimum .5" thick but prolly more like .75"-1.00". Your starter will now be spaced that far away since it mounts to tranny and you'll need either a flywheel spacer the same thickness as plate or a offset custom flywheel which is the correct way to do it. All the v8 guys who make adapter plates for their setups come with custom offset flywheels. Something to think about and was curious if you thought of this yet.
Old 12/17/2015, 09:55 PM   #584 (permalink)

Adams is 1/4 aluminum (6061 to be exact)
Lots of flushed flat head Allen bolts. I think his flywheel is spaced but I can't confirm.

Old 12/19/2015, 09:05 AM   #585 (permalink)
2.4LR16VDOHCAWDTURBO

Vehicle: 00 Eclipse GS-X, 99 S-10
Pale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regularPale Horse should be considered a regular
Six-speed is garbage. Good luck.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/19/2015, 09:31 AM   #586 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Yea you're gonna need an adapter plate thick enough for M10 bolts to thread into which would be minimum .5" thick but prolly more like .75"-1.00". Your starter will now be spaced that far away since it mounts to tranny and you'll need either a flywheel spacer the same thickness as plate or a offset custom flywheel which is the correct way to do it. All the v8 guys who make adapter plates for their setups come with custom offset flywheels. Something to think about and was curious if you thought of this yet.
You know I had thought about this actually, and it makes more sense to space the starter than it does the flywheel.
Old 12/19/2015, 09:32 AM   #587 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Adams is 1/4 aluminum (6061 to be exact)
Lots of flushed flat head Allen bolts. I think his flywheel is spaced but I can't confirm.

Indeed. I'm not sure on the flywheel, but I plan to spacer the starter instead. And yes bevel Allen bolts with sync drilled holes in the adaptor.
Old 12/19/2015, 09:33 AM   #588 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse View Post
Six-speed is garbage. Good luck.
Built sir, dog box.
Old 12/19/2015, 09:24 PM   #589 (permalink)

1/4" is pretty damn thin. You're supposed to have atleast the same thread depth as the thickness of the bolt because of the square engagement the bolt has with the hole. You'll pull the threads out torquing the bolt down well before the bolt shears from tension. Maybe don't torque the bolts down hard and rely on the dowel pins to keep the transmission from torquing away from the engine?

Also the 6 speed dogbox is a terrible idea. You'll have tiny gears that break easy so the only fix to make the stronger is to straight cut the teeth which makes them way too loud for street use which is also a $10k fix. What have you accomplished? Just run a nice and strong 5 speed and pick the final drive you want to run. I myself went with the 4.11. Even better for drag would be the endeavor auto tranny but no one has really pushed them hard. Maybe you could be the first?
Old 12/19/2015, 09:39 PM   #590 (permalink)

Well Brodsky will find out eventually the evo 6 tcase won't last to long with the power eventually being pushed through. Autos are lame anyway.. I wouldn't want lack of fun pedal.
6speed is weaker but down the road you could find a 5speed easy.

Old 12/19/2015, 10:34 PM   #591 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
1/4" is pretty damn thin. You're supposed to have atleast the same thread depth as the thickness of the bolt because of the square engagement the bolt has with the hole. You'll pull the threads out torquing the bolt down well before the bolt shears from tension. Maybe don't torque the bolts down hard and rely on the dowel pins to keep the transmission from torquing away from the engine?

Also the 6 speed dogbox is a terrible idea. You'll have tiny gears that break easy so the only fix to make the stronger is to straight cut the teeth which makes them way too loud for street use which is also a $10k fix. What have you accomplished? Just run a nice and strong 5 speed and pick the final drive you want to run. I myself went with the 4.11. Even better for drag would be the endeavor auto tranny but no one has really pushed them hard. Maybe you could be the first?
As much as I admire your suggestions, the car will no longer be a street car, track only with the occasional run to coffee and cars. I'm not drag racing the car either, road course, and hill climb.
Old 12/19/2015, 10:36 PM   #592 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Well Brodsky will find out eventually the evo 6 tcase won't last to long with the power eventually being pushed through. Autos are lame anyway.. I wouldn't want lack of fun pedal.
6speed is weaker but down the road you could find a 5speed easy.

My exact thoughts. Aside from the fact that I plan to brace the t case anyways after the build.
Old 12/20/2015, 01:03 AM   #593 (permalink)

Also a build 6 speed can effectively handle round one of what the car will be put through. And the car won't really be excessively launched so that's not a super huge concern

Old 12/20/2015, 10:38 AM   #594 (permalink)

Quote:
As much as I admire your suggestions, the car will no longer be a street car, track only with the occasional run to coffee and cars. I'm not drag racing the car either, road course, and hill climb.
Why not build a car you can drive everyday and race? These cars are fully capable of being reliable and comfortable at 700 hp. You just have to build it right. You must be rich dumping $20k into a car that only road races and hill climbs. Waste of garage space if you ask me. My car is super smooth and comfy at 700 hp and I can drive it to the drag strip and run low 10s while driving it everyday and getting 25 mpg on e85.
Old 12/20/2015, 12:48 PM   #595 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Also a build 6 speed can effectively handle round one of what the car will be put through. And the car won't really be excessively launched so that's not a super huge concern

Car will never be launched, it will endure downshifts, but heel toe is a good way to reduce hard downshifts.
Old 12/20/2015, 12:52 PM   #596 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Why not build a car you can drive everyday and race? These cars are fully capable of being reliable and comfortable at 700 hp. You just have to build it right. You must be rich dumping $20k into a car that only road races and hill climbs. Waste of garage space if you ask me. My car is super smooth and comfy at 700 hp and I can drive it to the drag strip and run low 10s while driving it everyday and getting 25 mpg on e85.
Well mainly because I bought a gsx to daily drive. I also like owning multiple cars, and would rather have dumped 20k into a car than to not. Cars are life my man. The 2nd gen chassis is by far my favorite and I plan to at least own two more in the future.

There is still a chance I may go 4cyl. As well. The motor is not set in stone which means the trans is also not set. I've been thinking of swapping motor mounts and going full gsx swap, I've thought of going evo swap, or stroker 64. I'm certain of the build of the chassis, uncertain of the druvetrain. Plans could change.
Old 01/08/2017, 03:32 PM   #597 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Its been over a year since my last post. Some things have changed. I havent made any progress to my 3g aside from tearing it apart slowly.

I bought a 2016 Ram 1500 as a tow vehicle to the track, I bought another 2001 eclipse gt in silver (doing some work to it and wil be driving it as a daily), made alot of purchases as far as parts go for my 95 gsx.

I plan to be on here more for the year taking pics and making progress on my old 01, plan to create a thread for the other car as well.

Hope everyone has been doing well, I know the forums are pretty dead, but I plan to liven things up on my side of the fence.
Old 01/08/2017, 06:41 PM   #598 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2005 Eclipse GTS
Mightysloths has a few friends hereMightysloths has a few friends hereMightysloths has a few friends hereMightysloths has a few friends hereMightysloths has a few friends hereMightysloths has a few friends hereMightysloths has a few friends hereMightysloths has a few friends hereMightysloths has a few friends here
I'm looking into a lightweight flywheel and stage 2 or 3 clutch. How did you like your set up (9lb flywheel with the ACT stage 3)?
Mightysloths is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/09/2017, 01:36 PM   #599 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Old 01/10/2017, 08:41 PM   #600 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysloths View Post
I'm looking into a lightweight flywheel and stage 2 or 3 clutch. How did you like your set up (9lb flywheel with the ACT stage 3)?
At the power level my car was making it really didnt seem to make a huge difference in low end torque feel. The main thing I noticed was (to me) easier downshifts, and better revving. Which for autox was great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Random Question