DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt. - Page 2 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12/24/2011, 02:09 PM   #61 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 WRX
Got Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmcponste View Post
Aww good point sir!

Really the one bar doesnt fit and the other bends??? Any threads on it?
http://www.club3g.com/forum/group-bu...r-tie-bar.html

And here is a thread on some people having the rear one be too long.

Megan lower rear tie bar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Got Rice Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12/24/2011, 02:20 PM   #62 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

Vehicle: 2002 GT-T
thahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Aww good point sir!

Really the one bar doesnt fit and the other bends??? Any threads on it?
there is ill dig them up in a lil bit
thahnic1080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/24/2011, 05:44 PM   #63 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Vehicle: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE
GTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be new
I love the rat rod! I'll be starting a project like that with a few friends once one of us buys a house with a garage lol.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
March 2014 Car of the Month
Sold December 2014
GTmitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/03/2012, 04:42 PM   #64 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Vehicle: 2001 mitsu eclipse GT
Devilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okay
mmmmmm

so heres a sneak peek.
Devilmcponste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/03/2012, 04:43 PM   #65 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Devilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okayDevilmcponste seems to be okay
Also I,m in the market of motor mounts who (that cares to tell) will suggest me some?
Old 03/03/2012, 04:53 PM   #66 (permalink)
She Breaks Necks!

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS
Alsouqi is well-liked by manyAlsouqi is well-liked by manyAlsouqi is well-liked by manyAlsouqi is well-liked by manyAlsouqi is well-liked by manyAlsouqi is well-liked by manyAlsouqi is well-liked by manyAlsouqi is well-liked by manyAlsouqi is well-liked by manyAlsouqi is well-liked by manyAlsouqi is well-liked by many
Those wheels look awesome!!
Alsouqi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/03/2012, 05:02 PM   #67 (permalink)

Mattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by many
Quote:
Also I,m in the market of motor mounts who (that cares to tell) will suggest me some?
Prothane side mounts, Energy Suspension front and rear mounts.

BTW, wheels look good
Mattt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/03/2012, 05:25 PM   #68 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

thahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by all
Not feeling the wheels. Maybe more pics will sway my opinion
Old 03/04/2012, 10:39 AM   #69 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GS
eCaldwell needs to be reminded to breathe.
Not a big fan of the color scheme you have going on the car... looks too Ricey, like a kid designed your car. Looked much better before the wheels.
eCaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/04/2012, 12:15 PM   #70 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Vehicle: YOUR MOM
rsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to rsingh12

rsingh12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/05/2012, 03:01 AM   #71 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

I dont quite believe you know what rice is.....if you are stating mine looks like rice. How absurd. Haha have you seen fast and furious? Also whens the last time you picked up super street?
Old 03/05/2012, 03:03 AM   #72 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Il be adding the coilovers this month for an increase in drop, and added stiffness. Ha.
Attached Thumbnails
DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-uploadfromtaptalk1330934539465.jpg  
Old 03/05/2012, 03:10 AM   #73 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Where are the energy suspension mounts availabe from, idk where to buy?
Old 03/05/2012, 06:59 AM   #74 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

they arent bad BUT the caliper being the same color bothers me. It kind blends in. If they were black with that color writing i could see this going good. Probably need to work on the height too make it agressive
Old 03/05/2012, 08:11 AM   #75 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GS
eCaldwell needs to be reminded to breathe.
Quote:
I dont quite believe you know what rice is.....if you are stating mine looks like rice. How absurd. Haha have you seen fast and furious? Also whens the last time you picked up super street?
Yes I have seen Fast and Furious... but if your car looks like that but can't back it up with the real power like those cars have then...

Just my opinion. If I had those rims on my car during any season other then winter time I would be the laughing stock of my town. I think your car would look much better if those rims came gunmetal and your calipers were powder coated red.
eCaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/05/2012, 09:41 AM   #76 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

rsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Evan View Post
Yes I have seen Fast and Furious... but if your car looks like that but can't back it up with the real power like those cars have then...

Just my opinion. If I had those rims on my car during any season other then winter time I would be the laughing stock of my town. I think your car would look much better if those rims came gunmetal and your calipers were powder coated red.
Those cars were completely stock underneath the hood man. His car let him do what he wants.
OP I love the color of the wheels and you should keep them, but maybe do what T said and paint the calipers like black with that writing or maybe white with that writing

Old 03/05/2012, 03:53 PM   #77 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse Gt
S.Maxwell : who are you?
I questioned that wheel color at first but it actually does look nice on silver! Good choice there, can't wait to see the coilovers on, maybe you'll consider selling me your current set up?? If there isn't a huge amount of miles on them.
S.Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/05/2012, 03:57 PM   #78 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club exists
I like the wheels. Massage studio, huh? Went for a little rub & tug?

|
|
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/05/2012, 04:03 PM   #79 (permalink)
Protect this house

Vehicle: Yes
ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Looks good, the first pic looked off to me but the side shot did it justice
ccarrillo717 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/05/2012, 04:21 PM   #80 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, 07 Jeep GC
Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Drunkoffjuic
Sorry, they don't do anything for me. But like others have said, its your car do what you want. Its awesome that you have Brembos, but they blend in and look out of place to me.

All images appearing on club3g.com posted by user "Drunkoffjuic" aka Eric Nemcek, are the exclusive property of Eric Nemcek and are protected under the United States and International Copyright laws.

The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of Eric Nemcek .

Use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration (digital, artist rendering or alike) is a violation of the United States and International Copyright laws. All images are copyrighted 2006 - 2016 Eric Nemcek .
Drunkoffjuic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/05/2012, 04:26 PM   #81 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GT
2002_GT has a few friends here2002_GT has a few friends here2002_GT has a few friends here2002_GT has a few friends here2002_GT has a few friends here2002_GT has a few friends here2002_GT has a few friends here2002_GT has a few friends here
You should change the color of the calipers like how thahnic1080 said they blend with the wheels, but I like how the wheels look.
2002_GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/05/2012, 05:11 PM   #82 (permalink)
Grammar Nazi

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-PP
LimeGreen3G seems to be okayLimeGreen3G seems to be okayLimeGreen3G seems to be okayLimeGreen3G seems to be okayLimeGreen3G seems to be okayLimeGreen3G seems to be okayLimeGreen3G seems to be okay
So out of curiosity, what ever happened to your aspirations of a VR-4 swap? You were pretty set to prove everybody on this site wrong. What happened to that project?

vr4 3g project startup.
LimeGreen3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/05/2012, 06:54 PM   #83 (permalink)
It's too cold here

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT (Silver)
gemini9 : who are you?gemini9 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloosk View Post
I like the wheels. Massage studio, huh? Went for a little rub & tug?

Old 03/06/2012, 04:49 AM   #84 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Well everyone interesting opinions indeed. Ill explain my reasoning for everything.

I hate copying.
I like to do my own thing, which can be difficult with so many set ups in the world but I am trying.

I did the teal color to begin with because I love project mu. Im a big fan of their products but not their prices. Now I looked at alot of set ups with brembos, I went through dozens of color scenarios.

What it all came down to was everyone is trying to offset something somehow and nobody really likes a color on the same color. I decided after some time spent on cs5 that I wanted all teal set up eventually. So i went out and chose what I wanted over time based on what hasnt been done rather than what has. I did and will continue to do what I want to be different than you. All of you. Not because theres anything wrong with anyone reading this, but simply because I dont want to be mistaken for someone whom has a rice 3rd gen eclipse like the majority of people I see on this site.

Like my style or not. Im sharing my project with you, if its not your appeal dont partake. If its what ya dig then keep on reading. Im not on this forum site to listen to majorly bad criticism. When someone does something I dont like on their blog, I dont go kicking their goat. Its what they like and so be it. No offense but negativity isnt cool. Inspire by welcoming differences. I love my car, I have plans, and nomatter the outcome, just know that no one on this forum site will have influenced the style of my car. The performance side of things, yeah I read and listen to all comments, but style is all me.

Thanks for the support from everyone! Honestly photos dont do the car justice. Seeing it in person really makes it stand out.

Now for the guy with the vr4 question.

Yes.

No aws

Awd
5speed
Twin turbo
Dohc

Thats the plan. It wont be a true vr4 but the general idea of an awd twin turbo v6 eclipse is phenominal to me. Since I firat wrote about doing the swap I have been silently making my plans. I have done the whole build layout, and the possibility of it is just that possible. Anything can be done with enough money and hookups. I dont jpke around, I dont yank your chains. If I say Im going to do something it gets done. I was thining of doing a rwd ttv6 swap I even made the build sheets for that possibility. I enjoy things that are different. I have plans, mock them as much as you like, the only person that is truly stupid is a person who doesnt believe things are possible. When in the end all things become true.

Thanks for all the support from the cats that are down for the cause. Keep it different thats how the world roles.

Any other questions?
Old 03/06/2012, 10:18 AM   #85 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Good luck with your project and cant wait to see how it looks with the coils on

Old 03/06/2012, 05:24 PM   #86 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Thanks man! I appreciate it. Coils should be on in a couple weeks! Im stoked to see it, fitment is going to be a pain though.

Plans as of now are simple.

1. Rebuild suspension
2. Finish interior/ chassis stiffening.
3. Finishing collecting all the parts necessary for the awd swap
4. Finish building the new motor
5. Complete tear down for complete rebuild.

Pretty simple haha

Does anyone want the pics/ info on how to fit the 9.5 and 10.5 wheels on their car? What tire sizes will and wont clear the hub arm and all that jazz?
I dont mind throwing that info out to anyone wanting bigger wheels than 8. Just say yes or no.
Old 03/06/2012, 11:46 PM   #87 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

I would like all that info please

Old 03/08/2012, 01:49 AM   #88 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Anyone know anything about whiteline end links and ball joints?
Old 03/08/2012, 07:58 AM   #89 (permalink)

Mattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by many
Quote:
Anyone know anything about whiteline end links and ball joints?
I've heard of them used on other cars, not for our platform. Whats wrong with Moog?
Mattt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/08/2012, 10:14 AM   #90 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Yea I heard of them, but more for Evos and STIs

Old 03/08/2012, 12:46 PM   #91 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Oh just curious if anyone had tested to see if the evo ball joints and tie rod ends were compatible.
Old 03/08/2012, 10:10 PM   #92 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Don't think they are

Old 03/20/2012, 11:08 PM   #93 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Ok so Ive been slacking at keeping my posts up so I thought I would give a heads up on my plans at the moment, and whats been going on.

Also I said Id get specs for rsingh12 so Ill here ya go.

The front wheels are 18x9.5 +12 mounted with 215 45 18 falken ziex ze912
The rear wheels are 18x10.5 +30 mounted with 245 45 18 falken ziex ze512

Now I suggest getting a 40 not a 45 on the falken. They seem to have a higher sidewall and gum than the hankook tires I was planning on using.
My rear tires only clear the rear hub arm by 5mm per side. I have periodically checked for rub, and I have none. Even with my weekend driving time the tires literally dont rub.

I pulled all four fenders for clearance. I cut the seamed fenders in the rear out, and am having them smoothed and seam welded next week. So far rub issues have come from the rear plastic fender well pieces, which I have cut down. The front rubs on the headlight wire buckets, So again cut and add new plates with seam welds. I will get pictures with all the finished products asap. Do not roll the front or rear fenders with a fender roller. The front fenders are too flimsy to be able to be rolled properly. The rear has fitment issues with the upper control arm. The roller will simply not clear. I highly suggest only professional, or well trained body guys attempt at doing the fenders on our cars. I am getting my coilovers in 3 weeks, and after I get the corect height I am sending my car to my body guy for all final adjustements. Plus the paint needs some spots fixed.

Other than What Ive listed there are no other problems. Fenders only clear the tires by 5mm front and rear right now. Rims clear by 2.

Now on to what Ive been up to. I have been working on a deisgn for a roll cage for the car. I will be starting the build on the cage next week. I have also made seat brackets for some harness seats. I plan to get nrg seats next month with takata belts.When the suspensionand cage are done, I will be turning my focus towrds my brakes. Brakes will receive new lines, New rotors, New master cylinder with a booster delete kit.

Also forgot. Ditching the gas tank going fue cell as well as relocating the battery to the trunk and building a new rear strut tower bar. Thats all for now, Ill post up pics following.

Last edited by Devilmcponste; 03/21/2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03/20/2012, 11:19 PM   #94 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Cactapuss

Last edited by Devilmcponste; 03/21/2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03/20/2012, 11:27 PM   #95 (permalink)
Giggity

Vehicle: 2007 GT500 Shelby Cobra
RicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be new
pics not working. you used fb and i guess you decided to take the pics down
RicoSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2012, 11:41 PM   #96 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Man I was just thinking about returning my 10s for the rear since there was literally no clearance. So all you did was stretch some tires and run some camber and roll the quarters? Are you using a spacer? I am trying to fit 18x10s +25 in the rear

Old 03/20/2012, 11:47 PM   #97 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Yeah I tried using fb. Ill stop that.

Ill repost.
Old 03/20/2012, 11:52 PM   #98 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

No spacers. Tires stretched. All the camber I have on the rear is just from the drop. I'm not using camber bolts. If you have 10s I'd assume a 245 will work for you. If you want more stretch though 235. I'm actually running 245s on the rear. I mistyped.
Old 03/21/2012, 12:04 AM   #99 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Couple pics. As well as the new wheels for my rx7.
Attached Thumbnails
DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-uploadfromtaptalk1332302621557.jpg   DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-uploadfromtaptalk1332302637882.jpg   DMCPONSTEE 01 silver eclipse Gt.-uploadfromtaptalk1332302679824.jpg  
Old 03/21/2012, 01:30 AM   #100 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

I was thinking about a 225 on mine, since I can barely put my middle finger in between the control arm and the lip of the wheel

Old 03/21/2012, 02:34 AM   #101 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

ok im a bit confused on a couple of things. You say the roller wont clear the rear fender but i didnt have that issue. I also know a couple of other member who didnt have that issue as well. Its easier to drop the suspension if you want the fender flat like i did.

Also why are you getting NRG seats? If you plan on tracking the car they wont pass tech because they are not FIA or SFI approved
Old 03/21/2012, 09:06 AM   #102 (permalink)
is unamused.

Vehicle: 2008 Evolution X GSR
NFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by all
235 on a 10" wheel? No me gusta.
If I ever get pulled from my car the confusion of seeing a shift boot and my momo shift knob (already on its way) may create just enough time for me to get back into my car and stop them from taking it.
NFSEclipseGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/21/2012, 08:14 PM   #103 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 TJ
Meest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFO
Nice work on setting yourself apart! At first I wasn't sure on the wheel choice, but they've kinda grown on me. If you offset the brembos they would honestly look that much better as a few others have said. Sounds like you've got some really good plans to set in motion though, so I'll be following along.

Quote:
Alright I accidentally crashed my 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse into a mountain.
Quote:
There is no equal fail to that of the almighty Luke. :bowdown:
Meest00GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/21/2012, 09:07 PM   #104 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by thahnic1080 View Post
ok im a bit confused on a couple of things. You say the roller wont clear the rear fender but i didnt have that issue. I also know a couple of other member who didnt have that issue as well. Its easier to drop the suspension if you want the fender flat like i did.

Also why are you getting NRG seats? If you plan on tracking the car they wont pass tech because they are not FIA or SFI approved

What fender roller did you use? Fender flat?

As far as the seats go I don't plan on racing sanctioned events for a while. I like single time attack runs. Are you referring to the carbon seats?
Old 03/21/2012, 09:07 PM   #105 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSEclipseGT View Post
235 on a 10" wheel? No me gusta.

Why? Ha.
Old 03/21/2012, 09:10 PM   #106 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meest00GT View Post
Nice work on setting yourself apart! At first I wasn't sure on the wheel choice, but they've kinda grown on me. If you offset the brembos they would honestly look that much better as a few others have said. Sounds like you've got some really good plans to set in motion though, so I'll be following along.

Thanks man! I appreciate it. Im gonna keep the color the same until the paint starts to fade. When that happens, Ill be making the change to project mu with floating rotors. Next year maybe.
Old 03/21/2012, 09:14 PM   #107 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GTX
Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
Why? Ha.
Because they won't hold a bead, they'll either fall off or be ruined shortly. 235 is a hair less than flush on an 8 inch wheel.

There is NO point in running a great wide wheel if your tire is still skinny.

Edit: I guess you've already mounted them. Good luck..

Last edited by Silvertune; 03/21/2012 at 09:17 PM.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/21/2012, 09:25 PM   #108 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
Because they won't hold a bead, they'll either fall off or be ruined shortly. 235 is a hair less than flush on an 8 inch wheel.

There is NO point in running a great wide wheel if your tire is still skinny.

Edit: I guess you've already mounted them. Good luck..
I've seen plenty of track cars hold a bead with a stretched tire on it. Stretching tires dates back way in the old days of Japanese race cars. Not for status. My tires are stretched on, but not that much. I've already taken my car out, and pushed it with the new tires on. No sidewall flex and plenty of traction. It'd be a whole other story if I was rolling 215s on a 10.5 but I'm not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 03/21/2012, 09:27 PM   #109 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingh12 View Post
I was thinking about a 225 on mine, since I can barely put my middle finger in between the control arm and the lip of the wheel
I missed ya sorry.

225 on a 10?

Old 03/21/2012, 09:36 PM   #110 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Forgive me for not.being completely clear. Automotive history suggests that stretched tires started out on track cars in the 70s on Japanese race cars. They showed improved results.

It wasn't popular to do so until germans started doing it tl have wider wheels that still cleared the wheel arch. Then drift scene started doing it. Now its a fad. However if you look at a lot of the greatest race cars to date (Japanese) stretched tires has been around and stayed for the past 40 years.
Old 03/21/2012, 10:18 PM   #111 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

Quote:
What fender roller did you use? Fender flat?

As far as the seats go I don't plan on racing sanctioned events for a while. I like single time attack runs. Are you referring to the carbon seats?
i used a stance roller. Im referring to all NRG seats but if your not doing sanctioned events i guess they are ok
Old 03/21/2012, 11:18 PM   #112 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by thahnic1080 View Post
i used a stance roller. Im referring to all NRG seats but if your not doing sanctioned events i guess they are ok
I used an eastbay roller. It wouldn't clear. I haven't seen a stance roller.

I don't want the Nrg seats if they aren't safe though. Ill do some more research. I just really like the look for the price.
Old 03/21/2012, 11:41 PM   #113 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Quote:
I missed ya sorry.

225 on a 10?

Yes sir

Old 03/22/2012, 04:29 AM   #114 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Hmm. Idk personally I'd do a 235. Too much stretch like most people will say can be dangerous. But 225 may not be bad. I'd have to see it before I'd say yes.

Old 03/22/2012, 10:46 AM   #115 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

I've checked how much a 225 stretch would be, and its very small, nothing aggresive

Old 03/22/2012, 07:06 PM   #116 (permalink)
Dmcponstee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingh12 View Post
I've checked how much a 225 stretch would be, and its very small, nothing aggresive

Well good deal! I'd give er a whirl then.
Old 03/22/2012, 11:00 PM   #117 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

That's what I might do, will post pics in my members thread when I get it on

Old 03/22/2012, 11:02 PM   #118 (permalink)
is unamused.

Vehicle: 2008 Evolution X GSR
NFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by allNFSEclipseGT seems to be well-liked by all
You really are the Guru of rice.
If I ever get pulled from my car the confusion of seeing a shift boot and my momo shift knob (already on its way) may create just enough time for me to get back into my car and stop them from taking it.
NFSEclipseGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/22/2012, 11:03 PM   #119 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSEclipseGT View Post
You really are the Guru of rice.
Lmao, thanks Eric. I need to text you tomorrow btw

Old 03/22/2012, 11:18 PM   #120 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GTX
Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
That's retarded Raman.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Random Question