Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Wrights G35x

17K views 68 replies 25 participants last post by  JPat94 
#1 · (Edited)
Wrights G35x *new stuff*

Havent posted much since buying my car so I figured it was time to make a ride thread for the new car. Ive made a few minor modifications since I purchased and there will be a few more coming later on this year.

The next mod for sure will be BC coilovers to get rid of the monsterous ride height and front wheel gap :squint:

Then:
Mod the headlights
Paint the grille
OEM front lip
Rear diffurser
Exhaust (for sound :wub:)

Heres how It is a couple days after purchase, and these pics has already been posted on my Stratus page.

First thing done was window tint which made the car look tons better

Then added a 'lip' spoiler to the trunk. Hides the chrome strip on the top but Im still undecided on what I want to do with the rest of it.

Replaced all of the courtesy lights with white LED's along with the tag lights and front running lamps

The air filters that were in the car were just plain paper filters and I wanted something that was easy to maintain and possibly not have to replace for a very long time. I bought HKS dry flow filters.

Random crappy cell phone shot of the rear all lit up.

Then came the new rimzz' ;) Decided to put my Z wheels on the G since I never had the chance to do it with the Stratus

Time for a debadge for the most part

All done!

This brings me to this evening. I decided to give the car a good cleaning and waxing. Will be showing up for Z days this weekend so need the car fresh

This last one is for giggles. Look at that gap! :lol:

Some of these shots are very similar but I was playing around with the camera and Photoshopping skillz. Wanted to post all to see how they turned out.

Let me know what you think :)

See less See more
#11 ·
Went to Zdayz yesterday at Fontana Village. It was pretty awesome and tuere was a huge turn out. There were hundreds of cars there and they were all very nice. Car Nissan even had a huge tent set up with new cars on display including a 2013 Nissan GTR Black Edition

This was taken on the dragon. I have more ill upload eventually.

#13 ·
Car is beautiful, super clean. Chris came and stayed at my place for the evening and let me tag along at ZdayZ. Nissan doesnt play around. Awesome display they had up there with free stuff, and Nissans completely took over the area. Over 100 cars in the show, another 50 parked at cabins at Fontana Village, and countless others on the Dragon and surrounding roads. Lots of money tied up in those things!

Thanks for bringing me out Chris!

#16 ·
Anytime Dan!

Looks great! Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks!
Thanks! Ill be there!

A 2011 g37 or g37X sedan is on the top of my list to replace the Z06. Nice car!
Im sure it will be a power downgrade but it sure wont leave you dissatisfied for a sedan. My car, having the VQ35HR does a low 14 in the 1/4 mile stock. A few bolt ons makes It better. Im not sure what the G37 does but im sure its better or close.
I wish i had a 2010+ model as the minor facelift Infiniti did thru out the car makes all the difference.

If you get a new G37x your looking at a $40k plus car where as mine was $36k new with the premium package so the prices gave increased with quality. My dealer has their last 2011 g37x with premium and tech package. Marked down to ~$38k with only 450 miles on it. They tried to get me to trade my car in on it but i didnt like the payment that was quoted lol!

Good luck on your car search! Cant wait to see what you find, hopefully yiou can get your hands in a G37xs!

#17 ·
As I posted in my last few posts I got the car ready to go to Zdayz over the weekend and was lucky to find these pics of my car. I'm very happy with the way they turned out! Order quote a few of the prints :wub:

Only downfall from the last two was the prick in the Camaro wouldn't get off my ass :rant:

#22 ·
Surprisingly I didn't feel any compared to my 3G's/Stratus and it's on OEM suspension. If there was it was minimal enough to where I didn't feel it. Then again I didn't push it to terribly hard. I'm sure with intense spirited driving there would be.

Thanks everyone!!

#24 ·
:lol: you think I shit money? Jk.

I don't really know honestly, all I do know it will be a concave style wheel. I've seen some really nice concave wheels I liked a lot. As far as spoke and color choice Im undecided.

Aftermarket wheels will be one of my very last mods. There is a bunch of small stuff I want done first to get the exterior and interior to my liking including repairs, this weekend it's going into the detailing shop for a paint restoration. Hopefully it turns out well and I'm satisfied. I really really really want to do the 2010+ front end conversion with the sport bumper and lip but first thing before anything like that will be coilovers, sway bars, end links, and probably Akebono brake swap from the coupe.

Oh and my exhaust will be modified before TOTD as well..hopefully it turns out nice. :ninja2:

#25 ·
Working on these as well. The 2007 models had a defect in the coating that was sprayed on them and the coating easily scratched off. It seemed it was rubber or something?

So pebbled blasted them, need to sand some and will drop them off at the body shop to be painted flat black. The chrome strip on the trunk is being color matched and chrome trim around the windows with be gloss black vinyl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.