This Members Ride - RayRay 2001 GT - Page 2 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10/02/2012, 06:36 PM   #61 (permalink)
Protect this house

Vehicle: 2001 GT 3.8 6G75 NM
GTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be new
4x4 status achieved

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
March 2014 Car of the Month
GTmitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10/02/2012, 08:27 PM   #62 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Vehicle: YOUR MOM
rsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to rsingh12
Old 10/02/2012, 08:57 PM   #63 (permalink)

Vehicle: 3G GT 2001 5 speed
ograyray : who are you?
It'll be better soon... it will all be better soon... Muahahahaha
ograyray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/05/2012, 10:44 AM   #64 (permalink)

Oil

Trying to determine why oil is being forced out of my oil cap. The oil cap gasket is still in great condition, no cracks, not plastic feeling, still rubbery.

I pulled the PCV valve to take a look at it and got some pics of it. Also, just to check, I was able to blow air into the PCV valve hose that runs to the lower intake manifold so there is no blockage there.

Take a look at this valve.

Ton of oil deposit inside the valve cover portion. Looks real nasty. But the thing is the valve rattles just fine. So, I'm wondering if this valve can be bad even if it rattles? Also, I thought the air flow was a one way direction, this valve allows air both directions with equal ease.

Last edited by ograyray; 10/05/2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10/05/2012, 02:27 PM   #65 (permalink)
Sold 3G, Got a 4S!

Vehicle: '06 Scion tC
HEATHB4R : who are you?HEATHB4R : who are you?HEATHB4R : who are you?HEATHB4R : who are you?HEATHB4R : who are you?
Just replace it, its only a few bucks.
HEATHB4R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/06/2012, 03:20 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEATHB4R View Post
Just replace it, its only a few bucks.
You're right I should. But ultimately I need to find out where the clog is for enough pressure to build that oil comes out of the cap. Until then, I got sick of not being able to see if that car behind me is a Crown Vic from the hood or a Crown Vic with lights on top so I removed the spolier, filled the bolt holes, and did a temp two tone to test. I actually really like.

Moved Pics to the front page.

By the way, a friend of mine told me to come to a car show he was at so he could see the new look. When I got there the people thought I was actually entering and showing.

Last edited by ograyray; 10/07/2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10/07/2012, 10:14 AM   #67 (permalink)
Sold 3G, Got a 4S!

HEATHB4R : who are you?HEATHB4R : who are you?HEATHB4R : who are you?HEATHB4R : who are you?HEATHB4R : who are you?
Fair enough, and you know more about engine stuff. I was just pointing out that since its cheap and easy to replace it might make sense to see if it helps any.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Old 10/07/2012, 10:21 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Fair enough, and you know more about engine stuff. I was just pointing out that since its cheap and easy to replace it might make sense to see if it helps any.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Duuude you are so right lol, I really should replace it. I will - promise.
Old 10/07/2012, 11:49 AM   #69 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GTS
darkday : who are you?darkday : who are you?darkday : who are you?
Hey random question, did doing the manifold swap increase you MPG at all? Did it lower it?
darkday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/07/2012, 11:57 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkday View Post
Hey random question, did doing the manifold swap increase you MPG at all? Did it lower it?
Did not notice a difference at all, also, the only time I've ever checked my MPG was on a drive recently to Missouri, used premium gas and averaged 27. Sorry I can't tell you for sure though.

During that swap I was using regular like a tard. It may be the placebo effect, but using premium seems to net more mpg.
Old 10/07/2012, 01:13 PM   #71 (permalink)
Protect this house

Vehicle: 2001 GT 3.8 6G75 NM
GTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be new
Quote:
Originally Posted by ograyray View Post
Did not notice a difference at all, also, the only time I've ever checked my MPG was on a drive recently to Missouri, used premium gas and averaged 27. Sorry I can't tell you for sure though.

During that swap I was using regular like a tard. It may be the placebo effect, but using premium seems to net more mpg.
Our cars require premium. Using anything but premium affects mpg in a negative way. I get about 25 city driving with a 74 TB and UIM on premium gas. If I use anything less than 93 Im lucky if I get 22 mpg.

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
March 2014 Car of the Month
GTmitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/12/2012, 07:04 AM   #72 (permalink)

UPDATE:

Bought a compressor a little while back because AC went out. About a month later sounds like what seems to be bearing in the compressor. Was making a sound similar to a squeaky belt.

99-05 Mitsubish Chrysler Dodge 3.0L 3.5L 1.8L AC Compressor | eBay This is the seller and his product. Told him about what was going on and he said send it back for a refund or a replacement. I told him thats all fine and dandy but i want to know who is gonna pay the damned labor to put the new one back on again and get the system recharged again.

Still waiting for his response to that.

Told him: Dear autoacenterprises09,

I would "like to" not pay the labor cost that i will have to pay ONLY because this compressor has bad bearings. Let me repeat what i mean: I have to pay additional labor costs ONLY because the compressor i bought from you is faulty.

He told me: Hello,
All bearings are new installed before they ship as not to go bad on the shelves. We do not pay labor we could give you half your money back from original purchase and a replacement but that is the best we can do. We understand your fustration but the reason we do not pay labor as believe it not ac install is not as trival as you think if system is not flushed, new components installed, oil added these units will go bad in a hurry. I have switched multiple engines myself but unless you specialize in air and have the proper equipment like a flush machine it is very complicated and would not do that myself. Hence why we do not pay labor but will help you out even though it is against our policy with what is stated above. Let us know if you agree and we will get this done asap for ya.

Thanks
Jon Gelinski
Sales Manager

- autoacenterprises09

Last edited by ograyray; 10/12/2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01/15/2013, 07:27 AM   #73 (permalink)

Small Update

Compressor was replaced, old one sent back - so back to having a working AC. Windows have been tinted a little darker than they should have been. Driving like that for a while with no trouble. Definitely sets the car off with that tint job i think. Smoked rear reverse lights, clear smoked front turns. Black/Silver look.

Also bought a custom molded sub box for the driver side, took a bit but finally got it to stay and preform its duties well. Now I'm able to use 90 percent of my trunk space versus 10 percent when the old box was in there (ported for 12 inch MTX it was huge). Forgot to take pics and upload for this update, doing that right now.

Also, this guy has a 95 Integra GSR and wants to trade, just straight trade. Said he was looking for a normal car o_O Makes me wonder why his car isnt normal?
Old 01/15/2013, 07:52 AM   #74 (permalink)

Pic of the guys GSR he wants to trade

Last edited by ograyray; 02/03/2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01/17/2013, 12:24 PM   #75 (permalink)
Sold 3G, Got a 4S!

Pics are not working for me.

After quoting your post, I was able to get a look at them. Car is looking pretty good. What made you get rid of the spoiler? I've always loved the stock wing.
Old 01/17/2013, 12:35 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Pics are not working for me.

After quoting your post, I was able to get a look at them. Car is looking pretty good. What made you get rid of the spoiler? I've always loved the stock wing.

RAWR IMGUR!@!!! y u break img links?!! anyway, hey man! nice to see ya =P- I took the wing off because I'm 6'3" and it was always always in the way bugging me when i tried to look out the rear view window. Didn't like anyway. I do have it stored though.

Gotta figure out what broke these pics /shrug
Old 01/17/2013, 03:29 PM   #77 (permalink)
My Snail's Bigger =P

Vehicle: 03 GS-T/98 Expedition(EB)
03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all

Make sure your uploading the pics correctly, cant see them.

My Quicksilver 3G:http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-...silver-3g.html
Sponsored by: Mishimoto
03Quicksilver3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/17/2013, 03:54 PM   #78 (permalink)

its gonna be on imgur's end. Uploading pics is too easy to get wrong =P-

BRACKETS IMG BRACKETS http://i.imgur.com/EeSME.jpg BRACKETS /IMG BRACKETS

Have all images set to public in the album. Eh who cares, just average pics of an average 3g.
Old 01/17/2013, 05:02 PM   #79 (permalink)
Sold 3G, Got a 4S!

This Members Ride - RayRay 2001 GT

Probably. I understand, that would be annoying if your unable to see things.

Did you ever figure out your oil leak problem?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02/03/2013, 11:15 AM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Probably. I understand, that would be annoying if your unable to see things.

Did you ever figure out your oil leak problem?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Yeah, a mixture of valve cover gasket and worn out seals in oil cap.

Nothing has changed with this car as of yet, but i washed it today and felt like taking pics in a lot. Wondering what the hell happened to my front facing camera on my phone because they are of lesser than less quality.
I KEEP FORGETTING... use photobucket instead of imgur /facepalm

I seriously need to get some tail lights. Maybe later, maybe never. Who knows.

Last edited by ograyray; 02/03/2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11/16/2013, 12:47 PM   #81 (permalink)

Car still purring strong. Updated a new pic on page one, front bumper play. Rolled over 180k since i last posted.

As soon as I get some money it's time to replace at least two motor mounts. Other than that nothing new SSDD
Old 11/20/2013, 10:04 AM   #82 (permalink)

Got bored over the weekend and did something Ghetto-fabulous and redneck cheap. Modified the tail lights, was so sick of all the red.

I'd like to point out that I have a three year old daughter that I love more than anything, and she will always be the priority money wise. Although I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO BUY TRUE old tyc tails and have them modded for the skyline look, and although i would love to be able to afford some coil-overs - the truth of it is i probably never will be able to get those things for this car. So until then this will probably be the last post i make in this thread and last pic i take of the car. Been fun guys! thanks for all the red carrilo.

Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.