Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

3g4JeSuS's 2003 Eclipse GS

4K views 64 replies 17 participants last post by  Badtimmy66 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright so I have had this car which is a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS automatic for almost 9 months, I haven’t done many mods to it, but have got some much needed things replaced, such as all the motor mounts, hatchback shocks, center reverse light replaced, I actually got this car from a dealer down here in San Antonio, Texas called Atlas Auto (NEVER GO THERE). I just really wanted an eclipse, and jumped on this one when I found it. Not knowing much about it, the problems it has is mainly body work, and paint, but even with the motor mounts replaced the car shakes in idle. The body was repainted I guess by the previous owner with enamel, and it has bubbles making it look like an orange skinned car. Anyways I have thought of selling it, and just going with something better, but I figured if Jesus could work with me, I can work with it. I don’t have lots of money, but I should be doing a lot of upgrading during income tax, and with the checks I'm getting at my job. I expect a lot of criticism, negatives, and much needed advice with the car. Know it’s not much, but gets me from point A to B. Just seeking advice on what can, and should be done first from my fellow 3g owners. Also he Car has 140,000+ miles on it and I don’t know if I should just replace the whole block or all of it.

Car when I first Got it:

Here it is Now, You Should be able to see some of the many dents :rant2:

Enkei Evo 8s

Well here is the Interior:dunno:

Gotta vacuum the back, but under the spare its rusted like someone spilled something before.:rant:

I actually think the Engine bay looks very clean just a lil dust, and I primer/painted the Battery tray black:ninja2:

I know it needs a ton of TLC and eventually it will happen, Thanks for Looking and God Bless:)

Here is a list of current and possible Future Mods:

Currents Mods/Replacements:
Swapped Stock wheels to Motegi FF7s Black/chrome lip
New Lexani Tires 215/45/17
Replaced Hatch Shocks
New bulb for the center reverse light
Swapped again Motegi FF7s for Evo 8s found on Craigslist for $280
Nitto 215/45/17 Tires for $400
(Reason for replacing the tires too, is that I have another vehicle with bad tires that I use for work)

Future Mod List:
Painted calipers or Used Brembos
New Rotors for the Front
Turbonetics Turbo Kit (Now I don’t know if anyone has had one of these so let me know)
NEW Head Gaskets
4g63 Head swap
Paint and Body Redone
Smoked Front and Rear lights
Auto to Manual Swap
DC front and Rear strut bar
Eibach Sport kit or Coil overs 2 inch drop
Smoked turn Signals
Was thinking about a CAI or Short Ram AEM or Injen?
Invidia N1 Cat back maybe?

See less See more
#8 ·
No way. I have talked to nummerous shops and they have all told me that if I want to go anything bigger than 235, then I will have huge camber or I will have to get wheel spacers.

I'm doing 255/45/r18 in the rear with half inch spacers this spring when I pull my summer tires back out.

Ps my friend did 245 on his stratus and it looks so retarded with the camber set how it is. Not only that, it's been 8 months and he is still having problems with the tires running

#14 ·
I've seen the comments people get for that, but if I could find a used dash with no cracks or something thats what I would try to do, right now I'm looking for some used Brembos.:scratch: Not going so well though in San Antonio. Need to meet some people closer to here.

#16 ·
I'm sorry, but you can weld plastic. Honestly I bought the car with the dash like that, but it viberates alot, I'm thinking thats what cracked it, plus I think It could have been in a wreck, but the car had a clean title so I don't really know. But for real how do I weld plastic, I'm knew at this

#29 ·
Yup, born and raised Miami most of my life until my mom moved us to Alaska. Now I just don't see the point in leaving. It's beautiful up here, I can race anywhere I want because I'm on the troopers good side. He'll I even race my motorcycle with a couple of them on the weekends and I have done most of their lighting on their personal vehicles.

Also every soldier comes through this town with their cars for cold weather training, so I always have someone new to race. It's not so bad up here.

#22 ·
I aint gonna lie, but I just got those tires, they were like $400. I'll stick with em for now, but I looked into lowering. I see alot of people use coilovers, I'm not in a current state to by those, but I do like Eibach springs I was thinking a 2 inch drop. But would it rub? Need advice:dunno: and also quick question. I looked into cat back exhaust, and see lots of people using greddy and invidia, does the GT ones fit the GS models? and where do you guys get your stuff from?

#27 ·
http://www.club3g.com/forum/vendor-sales/136221-d2-racing-coilovers-springs.html I'm sure they could sell them a little cheaper though. When it's all said and done you'll spend around $600 for the springs/shocks and add at least another 80 for front endlinks- must be puchased with coils also. (but add more if you replace shock mounts). And you're hardly saving money while giving yourself a huge headache if you install it yourself.

#45 ·
Malachi and a few others, that I cannot remember now, are evo 8 heads. Budget wise the kia head is the way to go, along with the fact that the kia heads have bigger combustion chambers making it more free flowing. If you're looking for the mose info, look up flashbluers's thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.