Murkrow's 03 GT and the quest for power - Page 5 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07/24/2016, 08:55 AM   #241 (permalink)
Willful Aspirer

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS
gabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regular
Send a message via Skype™ to gabessdsp
Nice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gabessdsp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07/27/2016, 09:53 PM   #242 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 AWD MIVEC Turbo 3G
Murkrow : who are you?Murkrow : who are you?Murkrow : who are you?Murkrow : who are you?
Here is finally a finished pic! The exposed wiring will be cleaned up soon.

This last Friday I was driving and my car started sputtering and shut off out of nowhere. I looked at my fuel rail and had no pressure. Previously I had an issue with an EGR/EVAP 5v wire shorting out which popped the fuse that powers the MFI relay... hence no power to the pump, injectors, distributor, etc. After about 2 hours of digging through the harness on the side of the road and around 40 fuses later I found nothing and had the car towed home. All that was left was removing the cold side piping to access the wiring underneath it. Turns out the MAF wires were pinched between the intake pipe and the frame for the trans mount. It had shorted the 5v constant wire and 2 others. After fixing it the car fired right back up!

The black part on the frame is where it rubbed through.

This has nothing to do with my car but this Montero intake looks pretty weird! It would be interesting to see if someone can make an adapter plate to mount a roots style blower to it since that long top pipe unbolts where the MAP sensor is.

Anyways lol.. I ended up making it to the track and it was much warmer than I expected. My water to air system couldn't keep up and with the intake temps I was seeing I'm honestly surprised my engine didn't blow up. The average intake temps after the passes were around 170 degrees and on one that I didn't pop the hood I saw as high as 212 degrees! That's when I called it quits and decided to leave with my best time only being a 12.2. Once again I'm so close yet so far.

I was under the impression that using 50/50 coolant in my water to air setup would be more effective than straight water and it appears I was wrong. After draining it and changing to water, it dropped about 10 degrees while cruising and even more during pulls. I went ahead and purchased the stronger Bosch Cobra pump for my water to air setup and am expecting to have much cooler temps. It's my new electric turbo! Lol
Murkrow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/28/2016, 10:14 PM   #243 (permalink)

Vehicle: Galant GS
mysticj : who are you?mysticj : who are you?mysticj : who are you?mysticj : who are you?mysticj : who are you?
Are you running a separate reservoir for the intercooler?

Old 07/28/2016, 11:11 PM   #244 (permalink)

Murkrow : who are you?Murkrow : who are you?Murkrow : who are you?Murkrow : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticj View Post
Are you running a separate reservoir for the intercooler?
No not yet. There isn't much room in the engine bay to fit one. I may end up running lines to the heater core for additional cooling and to add to the water capacity.
Old 07/29/2016, 08:37 AM   #245 (permalink)
Willful Aspirer

gabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regular
Darn man, that sucks. It seems like your potential is always stopped by not enough cooling. Time for an ice box lol

|
Old 07/29/2016, 11:13 AM   #246 (permalink)

mysticj : who are you?mysticj : who are you?mysticj : who are you?mysticj : who are you?mysticj : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkrow View Post
No not yet. There isn't much room in the engine bay to fit one. I may end up running lines to the heater core for additional cooling and to add to the water capacity.
It doesn't have to be big, just capable of supplying enough coolant for the system. Like hybrid vehicles and Audi 3.0L TFSI engines, there is a separate cooling system from the engine cooling system to provide the best cooling possible. Audi uses one reservoir that is share by two cooling systems, but act independently for each other. Hybrids usually have two reservoirs: one for the engine and the other for the electric motor as the systems are compelted separate with no mixing of the two.
Old 08/19/2016, 11:16 AM   #247 (permalink)

Okay so I've been lazy about posting the last few updates

Thought this was kind of cool... with my Cub perks card I saved 30 cents per gallon at Holiday on e85 and it was almost under a dollar per gallon!

I've been having some overheating issues lately which I started noticing about a month ago on my last visit to the track. My intake temps were spiking very high and on my final run (highest intake temps) I noticed my coolant gauge was almost maxed out. In my attempt to solve the overheating, I replaced the stock 180* thermostat with a colder 170* thermostat, replaced the leaking Mishimoto radiator with a new one (leaking where my wastegate had rubbed on it), and replaced the coolant with water and water wetter. Even after all of this it began overheating. I removed my bumper cover, crash bar, and intercooler radiator and noticed only the passenger fan was coming on with my override switch. I replaced the fan and so far the temps seem very consistent. Only pic I have is of the difference between stock and aftermarket thermostats.

I bought a larger hx40 and reused my turbine housing. Although the turbo takes longer to build peak boost, it spools around 400rpms earlier (2000rpms) and draws the same airflow on 10psi that the smaller turbo struggled to move on 18psi. My intake temps significantly dropped more than 40 degrees when comparing pulls at the track. The larger turbo has the vband flange on the compressor outlet which I wanted to keep, but don't have the vband so I put a 2.5" coupler before the flange and fit a 2.75" to 3" coupler over that. It's a tight fit and does not leak. Once I find a vband assembly for it I'll change it.

Here's a pic of M-Rod's, Silvertune's, and my car at a local meet.

I also made it out to the track again. Once again 11's just weren't there but I did manage to run my best 1/4mi time yet.. 12.102 @ 114.79! I topped my best 60' time as well with a 1.67! The only video my gf managed to get was this 10 second snapchat video of course...

Last edited by Murkrow; 09/12/2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09/22/2016, 08:01 PM   #248 (permalink)

Old 09/23/2016, 10:58 PM   #249 (permalink)
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi

Vehicle: 2003 GTS 5sp.
repforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regular
Awesome!
repforenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/24/2016, 10:23 PM   #250 (permalink)

Noah.163 : who are you?
holy shit man! this is crazy! Amazing Car !
Noah.163 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/25/2016, 12:18 AM   #251 (permalink)

Me and Silvertune had some fun at the track today... and both of our cars survived some intense launching!

Another new best 1/4! Trans isn't keeping up and needs some refreshing so this will most likely be my last track attendance of the year.
Old 09/26/2016, 06:14 AM   #252 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

Vehicle: 2002 GT-T
thahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by all
damn your so close to breaking 11s. How did justin do?
Old 09/27/2016, 12:37 PM   #253 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thahnic1080 View Post
damn your so close to breaking 11s. How did justin do?
It's getting ridiculous being this close for this long! His best was an 11.1 @ 127. We both were spinning a bit off the line. They really didn't do a good job prepping the track this time around as you can see by my 60' times.
Old 10/10/2016, 04:35 PM   #254 (permalink)

Updates!

- I rebuilt the tranny and raised the pressure a bit. The shifting is much quicker and firmer much like a shift kit would do.

- I installed Megan Racing adjustable rear toe arms. This allowed me to fix my rear toe issues I've had since converting to awd. This also allowed me to drop my rear camber from -1.4 to -0.1 which will increase traction significantly. The car feels really nimble now and drives perfectly straight!

- I installed the stock 3g rear sway bar. When I converted to awd I tried using a 2g sway bar but it only fit underneath the lower control arms instead of above which gave the car even more body roll. I removed the 2g sway bar and a year later threw the 3g bar back in.

- I picked up an AEM TruBoost that will be installed within a few days. I also have ProSport fuel pressure, oil pressure, and trans temp gauges to install.

The plan is to make one final attempt for 11's on the 16th. If the weather forecast stays the same, it should be mid 60's and partially cloudy but nice and dry. Perfect weather if they do a good job prepping the line. Wish me luck!
Old 10/17/2016, 12:17 AM   #255 (permalink)

I've been chasing an 11 second 1/4 mi for the last 6 months and no matter what I changed I just couldn't get there. Well today was my last chance and I PULLED IT OFF ON THE VERY FIRST RUN!

This is the best run of the day

I couldn't be happier or more relieved. With some slicks and a new intercooler I think low 11's are possible. Here's to an awesome and adventurous season!

Last edited by Murkrow; 10/17/2016 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10/17/2016, 12:36 AM   #256 (permalink)
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi

repforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regular
Congrats!👍
Old 10/17/2016, 07:52 AM   #257 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse LeMons Racer
nitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends here

nitroram33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/17/2016, 07:43 PM   #258 (permalink)
Willful Aspirer

Nice!

|
Old 10/18/2016, 10:21 PM   #259 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Mits. Eclipse 2.4l
ghosteye36 : who are you?ghosteye36 : who are you?
congrats
ghosteye36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/18/2016, 11:38 PM   #260 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GSX
bostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regular
Doing good! If Justin really ran 11.1 I need to get back in the game! He may snag the fastest 3G title
Old 10/19/2016, 02:33 PM   #261 (permalink)

Thanks all! I'll upload the GoPro footage tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonhatcher View Post
Doing good! If Justin really ran 11.1 I need to get back in the game! He may snag the fastest 3G title
Yeah he will easily see 10s with just a set of slicks! Although the two of us both have quite a bit of improvements planned for next year. For now it's just fool around time on the streets!
Old 10/20/2016, 08:51 AM   #262 (permalink)

Any plans for the front sway bar? I may have an idea for it.
Old 10/24/2016, 02:24 PM   #263 (permalink)

Sorry guys haven't had time to upload the Gopro footage!

Quote:
Any plans for the front sway bar? I may have an idea for it.
There is physically no way to fit a front sway bar in the stock location with an evo 6 t case. I don't even notice it's gone. The rear, however, made a very noticeable difference.
Old 03/11/2017, 12:37 AM   #264 (permalink)

Hi guys, it's been a while... and for good reason..

I was testing my 2-step settings and ended up windowing my engine back on Sept. 27th. It was catastrophic to say the least. The cylinder 2 rod bolts broke throwing the piston/rod around and destroying the block and heads.

Luckily I had a spare 75 engine that I put to good use. With this engine I ran the 11.7. My luck ran out and as I was driving to a car show the cylinder 6 rod randomly severed. My first thought was that I had hit something in the road. The rod letting go also took out the starter and transfer case.

My car currently sits in the garage in hundreds of pieces awaiting the new engine, tcase, and many other parts I've decided to fix/upgrade while it's down. I'm hoping to get the car on the road within the next few months. Stay tuned
Old 03/11/2017, 12:43 AM   #265 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse LeMons Racer
nitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends here
That might not buff out...

nitroram33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/11/2017, 09:27 AM   #266 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.
This is why I say never push a junkyard pulled engine. Now you got a bunch of shit you broke for no reason other than you didn't want to get a decent motor build together.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
tHEpRINCE-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/11/2017, 01:32 PM   #267 (permalink)
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi

Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEpRINCE-GT View Post
This is why I say never push a junkyard pulled engine. Now you got a bunch of shit you broke for no reason other than you didn't want to get a decent motor build together.
I'm not sure that a junkyard block is the definitive reason for failure. If machine properly, there should be no reason to lack confidence in its integrity. Unless of course there was some sort of previous overheating/warping situation which compromised the block without you knowing.
Old 03/12/2017, 04:21 PM   #268 (permalink)

It had nothing to do with the origin of either engine. Matter of fact the first engine I picked up from my dealer with a snapped timing belt, bent valves, and 247k miles. The second I believe had around 100k miles from a junkyard. They both produced more power than any other stock 72/74/75 engine I've seen on these forums.

The first engine being older and worn had more blowby which I would imagine is what kept it breathing as long as it did. That engine was a freak of nature. Both engines clearly reached the limits of the stock rods and rod bolts.
Old 03/12/2017, 04:32 PM   #269 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.

But srsly, what a string of shit luck. Pretty awesome failures though!

Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/12/2017, 06:54 PM   #270 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GTX
Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
The second motor is what can happen to any 6g7 with stock rods. The rough finish on the split forged rods leaves them wide open for fatigue cracking independent of their compressive (or tensile) break strength and that's why it broke while coasting down the highway. Cracks begin on the surface and propagate over time until it's finally enough to come apart. This is why most aftermarket rods come shot peened.

The hyper eutectic pistons in the 75's are just like the ones in any other platform. Very strong, but brittle. Even a tiny bit of knock can break them.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/12/2017, 07:05 PM   #271 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse gt
6g75_3g : who are you?
Damn...glad i put forged rods and pistons in.
6g75_3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/13/2017, 06:08 PM   #272 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

Vehicle: 2002 GT-T
thahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by all
well damn. you definitely pushed the limits. I say you got your moneys worth out of that engine. Hell im all for buying junkyard motors.
Old 03/13/2017, 06:37 PM   #273 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
RUDE
Rapid
Unintended
Disassembly
Event

Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/17/2017, 09:25 AM   #274 (permalink)

Oh wow. I thought the auto will go out before the engine
Old 03/21/2017, 01:40 AM   #275 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh wow. I thought the auto will go out before the engine
The F4A5A/W4A5A trannys (6g75 galant/endeavor) were built stronger than the F4A51 trannys (6g72 galant/3g). I believe even the stock trans would have held the power though. They're all very strong.
Old 04/04/2017, 07:07 AM   #276 (permalink)

Quote:
The F4A5A/W4A5A trannys (6g75 galant/endeavor) were built stronger than the F4A51 trannys (6g72 galant/3g). I believe even the stock trans would have held the power though. They're all very strong.
Are you still considering of switching to a sportronic option? I was looking over a few Magna/Diamante roms and they havea periphery map for the TCU and one of the options is enabling/disabling tiptronic.
Old 04/19/2017, 01:21 AM   #277 (permalink)

The car is now up and running. I found it appropriate to wait until the build was in action to post rather than "jumping the gun" on an unproven setup.

I had custom pistons and rods made for a 75 block. The block was hot tanked and stripped, bored, and resurfaced. The crank was polished and magnafluxed. The pistons were pin fit. The entire rotating assembly was balanced. The frost plugs, coolant plugs, and oil galley plugs were replaced. Then the short block was assembled. I used ARP rod and main bolts with King rod and main bearings. I painted the block and all other components with several coats of 500* engine enamel and clear. I had custom Cometic head gaskets made and pieced together gasket sets for the rest of the engine.

Although progress was very slow due to media blasting and painting each external part of the engine, I only have a small selection of pictures to pick through to post. I also had several issues with the enamels "cracking" or forming a "crystalline" pattern which was most likely from not enough dry time in between coats. As you can see the lower oil pan started out black and ended up the same aluminum color as the upper pan because I had to media blast it and paint it again and was frustrated. I got rid of the oil filter sandwich adapter and used a series of brass tees to route the oil pressure senders and turbo feed line.

The heads were in desperate need of a port and polish. They were resurfaced and then painted. The stock valve springs were replaced with Comp Cams springs. ARP head studs were used. I made custom spacers to use the 3000GT fuel rails with the MIVEC lower intake. The upper intake pcv tube was removed and the holes welded shut. The lower and upper intakes were ported and polished and matched to the heads.

I finished the engine and it was ready to drop in. I bought new wheels and tires to counter the traction issues of last year. I ditched the water to air setup for an air to air intercooler.

Now in with all the wiring, fluid lines, billet roll stops, turbo kit, and new intercooler. I made a hydraulic pipe expander and used it for the first time on my intercooler piping. The bumper required further cutting to fit the larger intercooler.

First startup was a success! Fresh fluids are in, all fluid systems are bled, and a huge weight is off my shoulders. Time to double check the alignment since the steering wheel was slightly off. I finally have my dream car back again.

I'm nearing the end of the break in period and then I can turn it up and retune. I have plans to build a better turbo kit, change to AN fuel lines, upgrade the trans cooler/fans/add an in-line temp gauge, and upgrade a few rear end components. Til then I'll be enjoying every second I get to just cruise and take a break from wrenching on it every single night! Stay tuned!
Old 04/19/2017, 04:55 AM   #278 (permalink)

Wow! Hahahaha what happen to "you mivec guys are wasting your time, the non mivec is better blah blah blah" hahaha then you go and mivec swap...hmmmm hahah
Old 04/19/2017, 06:45 AM   #279 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.
Let's all get in line for custom mivec fuel rail spacers from this guy here....
Jesus, what other corners were cut ?

Old 04/19/2017, 07:27 AM   #280 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse
Rectzero : who are you?Rectzero : who are you?Rectzero : who are you?
Lmaoooo
Rectzero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/19/2017, 09:19 AM   #281 (permalink)

bostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regular
Looks really good! Still sticking with the stock ecu?
Old 04/19/2017, 10:19 AM   #282 (permalink)

I wanted top end power and there aren't cam options for a 75nm. Clearly the trade off is less torque for more horsepower. I don't think I'll have an issue with either being turbod.

As for the fuel rail spacers, that isn't cutting corners. Grinding out a ton of material on a 74 lower intake to try and make the ports the same size and shape (physically impossible) of the mivec ports is cutting corners. Otherwise I could have hacked up the fuel rail tabs and had them rewelded at an angle to match the mivec lower. My approach worked just fine.

Yes I'll be using the stock ecus.
Old 04/19/2017, 10:58 AM   #283 (permalink)

What pistons and rods did you go with? You just say custom, the pistons look like wiseco
Old 04/19/2017, 12:10 PM   #284 (permalink)

I thought you guys like just grind the crap out of aluminum ports of there and thought you would have jumped at the chance to do more. Something isn't adding up with your top end statement since your turbo is straight outta breath before 5k.

Old 04/19/2017, 12:12 PM   #285 (permalink)

Also your rods just look like 3sx h beams but I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they were China eBay knockoff h beams, either or, they still have a narrow pin support cross section , know your limits before you window your block again.

Old 04/20/2017, 02:23 PM   #286 (permalink)

I don't care to disclose details on the pistons and rods. And no they're not some knockoff ebay crap.

Have you seen my datalogs? How would you know if my turbo is "out of breath"? You have no turbo experience whatsoever. Especially on this platform. Everything you say is pure speculation. So until you actually DO SOMETHING worth mentioning, keep your shit comments to yourself.
Old 04/20/2017, 10:25 PM   #287 (permalink)

Ok...
Old 04/21/2017, 10:41 AM   #288 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't care to disclose details on the pistons and rods. And no they're not some knockoff ebay crap.

Have you seen my datalogs? How would you know if my turbo is "out of breath"? You have no turbo experience whatsoever. Especially on this platform. Everything you say is pure speculation. So until you actually DO SOMETHING worth mentioning, keep your shit comments to yourself.
LMAO he has no idea what's going on
Old 04/21/2017, 12:03 PM   #289 (permalink)

*grabs popcorn *

Haha
Im still over here laughing about you swapping to mivec after the "facts" you stated about it.
Old 04/21/2017, 12:12 PM   #290 (permalink)

Also for rods and pistons i could care less. My motor is also build with forged interals so your not hiding any secrets.
Old 04/23/2017, 10:58 AM   #291 (permalink)

Yeaaaa. My only advice is know the limits of the parts that you use. Which I've given to everyone else before and yet people still have trouble listleningb

Old 04/23/2017, 11:20 AM   #292 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEpRINCE-GT View Post
Yeaaaa. My only advice is know the limits of the parts that you use. Which I've given to everyone else before and yet people still have trouble listleningb

Fair enough but I'm sure his decision isn't just based on top end airflow. His turbo choice is based on price, spool, fit, reliability, torque curve produced, etc. Now if he said I'm trying to make 800 hp with an hx40 then someone needs to speak up and say it can't do that. He made no such claims. Maybe all he wants is 500 hp and your comment about running out of breath is invalid since it should be able to produce that.
Old 04/24/2017, 02:30 PM   #293 (permalink)

So did you break down and buy the Mivec adapter?
Old 04/27/2017, 07:55 PM   #294 (permalink)
k19

Vehicle: 01 GT
k19 : who are you?
Cars looking great!! Can't wait to see what kind of numbers you put down once you get it dialed in
k19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Random Question