help i have problems car losing power stalling out engine codes - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Welcome Forums > New Members Forum
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07/12/2011, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 eclipse gt sds
chronicking23 : who are you?
Angry help i have problems car losing power stalling out engine codes

I need help in put or any advice. I just bought my 2002 eclipse gt. I was told it has no problems and runs strong. Aha. Typical bulshit from a dealer. It has 38700 miles. It has ripp sds it has full exhaust. It shoots out engine codes for six cylinder misfire and map sensor high input. It stalls out. It has trouble starting and runs bad. Loss of power. Backfire. Sounds bad. I've owned the car for five days. Bought as is. Took back to to dealer they morning after I purchased for same problem and they said it was a vacuum leak and the fixed it however problem is still there. Please help ASAP thank-you.
chronicking23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07/12/2011, 10:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, 07 Jeep GC
Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Drunkoffjuic
Part it.

LOL

Start out by Fixing the cylinder 6 misfire. Check the plug, wire, distributor cap & rotor.

Welcome to the fourm by the way.
Old 07/13/2011, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Changing the distributor cap and rotor now. Wires and plug are good. I will let you know if that helps shortly. Thanks man.
Old 07/13/2011, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Exclamation

I changed dist cap and rotor still have problem. Car is backfiring runs like shit. I found out I also have the boost cooler water methanol injection system. I am reviewing all paperwork for supercharger and the sections about misfire etc. After replacing those parts the code switched to random misfire. The blow off doesn't seem to be going off now. Should I not drive it? I hope I can fig this out ASAP I am losing my patients with this car. Any other input or possibilities? Please help...
Old 07/13/2011, 10:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
Did you change the spark plug on cylinder 6 or even look at it? Buying a used 3G with a RIPP SDS which you know nothing about from a dealer was your mistake.

This is what I'm about: The 3G, 1998 GSX, EVO IX GSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin711 View Post
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/13/2011, 10:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
lol just take it down to pharmecis....
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/13/2011, 11:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-T
Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
The dealership won't be any help to you what so ever...
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/14/2011, 01:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

Well first off who the Hell would change the distributor cap and rotor without checking the plugs first. So that's a yea they're good. My good friends dad is a mechanic with his own garage and has worked with just about everything you could imagine. He is helping me. Second I do know a little about the sds and have probably read everything there is to read about them. I have even talked to techs at ripp who sent me all the original paperwork for it. I am trying to learn more damn everyone has to start somewhere right? And the only reason I was even contacting the dealer was to try to get help wit money to fix for them fronting and so far they have been cool. I'm just looking for advice to what the problem could be since yall obviously know more than me about these cars. Thanks.
Old 07/14/2011, 01:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

Where is pharmecis I live in Erie pa there ain't shit round here.
Old 07/14/2011, 02:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Newbie To FWDs

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT 5spd
ILeclipseGT seems to be okayILeclipseGT seems to be okayILeclipseGT seems to be okayILeclipseGT seems to be okayILeclipseGT seems to be okayILeclipseGT seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicking23 View Post
I hope I can fig this out ASAP I am losing my patients with this car.
Well if i were you I'd get rid of the car as no doctor wants to lose PATIENTS!

Please, it's patience

Good luck with the car just try to read what you write before pressing submit.
Old 07/14/2011, 10:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

I'm on a cell phone and it auto texts but thanks I'm hoping to figure this out so i still ask for any advice as to what could be wrong...
Old 07/14/2011, 01:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Devils Advocate

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GTS
brewcitygts : who are you?brewcitygts : who are you?brewcitygts : who are you?
Quote:
Well first off who the Hell would change the distributor cap and rotor without checking the plugs first. So that's a yea they're good. My good friends dad is a mechanic with his own garage and has worked with just about everything you could imagine. He is helping me. Second I do know a little about the sds and have probably read everything there is to read about them. I have even talked to techs at ripp who sent me all the original paperwork for it. I am trying to learn more damn everyone has to start somewhere right? And the only reason I was even contacting the dealer was to try to get help wit money to fix for them fronting and so far they have been cool. I'm just looking for advice to what the problem could be since yall obviously know more than me about these cars. Thanks.
Everyone has to start somewhere. You started at the end of the race. You bought a car with 10 grand put into the engine. If you want a heavily modded car, always better off doing it yourself. Can never trust someone elses work. Best of luck with your fixes, thats gonna be tough.
brewcitygts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/14/2011, 09:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
lit up

Vehicle: '02 mountain bike
soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.
^ too add to what brewcitygts said, you might be better off starting from scratch-- ie: first, learn what everything does and how it fits/works together, then take off the add-ons to get you back to the way the car came from the factory. get it running correctly this way, and then start to add the supercharger, etc back on, all the while doing the research to install the parts and tune the car to get everything to work correctly together..

coming in after everything has been installed leaves a lot of questions up in the air about what was modded, tweaked, or tuned to get those parts to run...
soundman98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/15/2011, 01:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Broken impellor in sc or something possible?? Srry bout spelling..
Old 07/15/2011, 01:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Mod..

Vehicle: 05 Eclipse Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
I wanna know the tune it had on it.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

One of the best 3G answers ever.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/15/2011, 01:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Or bearings...
Old 07/15/2011, 01:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

What u referring to?
Old 07/15/2011, 02:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Devils Advocate

None of those mods are worth a shit and will never work correctly if it wasnt properly tuned after is what hes referring to.
Old 07/15/2011, 05:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

Damn u ain't gotta be a Dick. Everyone makes mistakes. I know I've made a lot but u can't change the past you can only learn from it. I'm trying to move forward. Not dwell on bulshit. If you don't have any helpful advice why are you even wasting your time responding. Pathetic. So once again any helpful advice would be appreciated. I had a friend look at it today. He knows everything there is to know about second gen. (4 cylinder turbos) he has built a few that are great. One specific that has 550 at the wheels. Although he doesn't work with the 3g and has never worked with sc he said the bearings are bad and that it needs rebuilt. So now I am probably going to have to send it out to get rebuilt. I'm starting to lose faith in this forum. Please help.
Old 07/15/2011, 05:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Devils Advocate

Wasnt being a dick, was stating that all that extra work under that hood probably needs to be tuned and thats a good part of why its not running right. -1
Old 07/15/2011, 06:30 PM   #21 (permalink)

Sorry I understand now. This is a fuckin headache. I got my self into way more than I can handle. I need to get this worked out. Sucks there is not a single garage worth while around here everyone gives me the run around. I believe that I need to have my sc rebuilt the bearings are bad according to the most reliable person around here. Any info on that type of shit like cost time etc
Old 07/15/2011, 08:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Devils Advocate

Yeah I mean most people dont know about this setup. There are very few people who have what you have. If you got the cash, talk to someone and have it sent to them on this site. Otherwise, take it back to the dealership. If they claim it was in perfect working order when you bought, you have legal grounds to return it. Because obviously it wont even pass emissions the way its running now.
Old 07/15/2011, 10:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
Quote:
I asked you about the spark plug because you didn't say if you checked it or not. You'd be surprised at the ignorance of new members here. Also I guess I could ask you who the hell would buy a used 3G with a RIPP SDS on it from a dealership not knowing it's prior history but I'll be easy as I see you've admitted your mistake:

Quote:
Sorry I understand now. This is a fuckin headache. I got my self into way more than I can handle. I need to get this worked out. Sucks there is not a single garage worth while around here everyone gives me the run around. I believe that I need to have my sc rebuilt the bearings are bad according to the most reliable person around here. Any info on that type of shit like cost time etc
Quote:
Where is pharmecis I live in Erie pa there ain't shit round here.
PharmEcis is in Silver Spring, MD and I'm sitting in his living room right now as he and I are working on a car of mine so I can make a get together next week.

This is what I'm about: The 3G, 1998 GSX, EVO IX GSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin711 View Post
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/18/2011, 07:44 PM   #24 (permalink)

The dealership fucked me they won't even give a loaner car while I get mine fixed Idk what to do. It also backfires now and runs terrible. My friend told me I need my sc rebuilt the bearings are bad but that will take like three weeks when I send it to vortech and I havnt even taken it off or anything yet I need to get this shit done before I fuck up my whole engine. Any other suggestions???
Old 07/18/2011, 07:46 PM   #25 (permalink)

Damn does pharmecis know anyone round Erie, pa lol prob not cuz this shit hole city doesn't have a damn thing going for it...
Old 07/18/2011, 08:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
am cat

Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Quote:
Any other suggestions???
Sell it to the next idiot in line. I mean did you even test drive it before you bought it?
Old 07/18/2011, 08:24 PM   #27 (permalink)

Ha ha ha ur funny as Hell once again some dumb ass shit to swag ya I test drove it n it was fine till about 10 at night the same night I bought it.........
Old 07/18/2011, 08:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
am cat

I'd file a complaint with the states attourney and maybe lawyer up, make them take the car back somehow. I'm sure they 'rigged' it to get you off the lot, which is fairly illegal. In IL you have 72 hours to bring the car back to the dealer for a different car and only pay or be refunded the difference in price. Not sure about other states, but you should look into any implied warranties of safety or whatever in your state when it comes to purchasing a vehicle from a liscenced dealer.
Old 07/18/2011, 09:25 PM   #29 (permalink)

I contacted the attorney generals office and the pa as is no warranty is shady as Hell...but I'm gonna further my research in that...
Old 07/18/2011, 10:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
lit up

Vehicle: '02 mountain bike
soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcitygts View Post
Yeah I mean most people dont know about this setup. There are very few people who have what you have. If you got the cash, talk to someone and have it sent to them on this site. Otherwise, take it back to the dealership. If they claim it was in perfect working order when you bought, you have legal grounds to return it. Because obviously it wont even pass emissions the way its running now.
do you have any info on this? i thought as-is is just that-- as soon as you sign the paperwork, it is your mess...

at least, that's what i got out of the "peoples court" cases that involved similar cases...
soundman98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/18/2011, 10:47 PM   #31 (permalink)

That's what the dealer has indirectly told me.. that they can't do anything for me. That is ofcourse besides have their mechanics "rig" it again. I don't want their grimey hands touching my car again and making my problem s worse than they are.. guess im just fucked maybe ill just push my car till it blows up on me and take the huge loss it looking like I'm gonna have to take regardless.
Old 07/18/2011, 11:01 PM   #32 (permalink)

Does anyone know what this problem wit my car could be?????
Old 07/18/2011, 11:05 PM   #33 (permalink)
am cat

which problem, I'm sure it has many and isn't as simple as just ONE thing. Give it to Pharmecis with a wad of cash, wait 3 months, go pickup a running working car.
Old 07/19/2011, 12:56 AM   #34 (permalink)

Well for one I work a lot and don't have the time. Two I only have this car and three I don't have a wad of cash. I contacted him via his page. Guess if he doesn't answer I'm just fucked. Thanks anyway.
Old 07/19/2011, 07:10 AM   #35 (permalink)
am cat

yea, sell the car.
Old 07/19/2011, 08:04 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Vehicle: 2g stratus 2g eclipse
PharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to PharmEcis
I don't do remote diagnosis. If you want your car fixed, you bring it to me. Simple as that. Oh, I'm also not cheap. Oh, I also don't travel to fix cars.

Your best bet would most likely be to strip the SDS off.
PharmEcis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/19/2011, 10:26 AM   #37 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Mitsubishi EclipseGS
ya boy willz : who are you?ya boy willz : who are you?ya boy willz : who are you?ya boy willz : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to ya boy willz
Quote:
Your best bet would most likely be to strip the SDS off.

Strip the thing off and get it running back to normal. If you don't want to do that, strip the thing off, sell it, and then sell the car for really cheap not running. Good luck and hopefully you can make something out of your shitty situation.
ya boy willz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/19/2011, 12:40 PM   #38 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice. If I had money and time I would take it to you unfortunatly I dont. Any chance you know anyone closer to my area?
Old 07/27/2011, 01:10 AM   #39 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse RS
03€clips€ : who are you?
Quote:
The dealership fucked me they won't even give a loaner car while I get mine fixed Idk what to do. It also backfires now and runs terrible. My friend told me I need my sc rebuilt the bearings are bad but that will take like three weeks when I send it to vortech and I havnt even taken it off or anything yet I need to get this shit done before I fuck up my whole engine. Any other suggestions???
I'm new to this forum but I've done a ton of research on charging systems for this car. From what I've learned you should Check your tuning on the sc. If its off the whole car will be off. Check your air to fuel ratios as well. I'm pretty sure that will lead to some of your problems. You might also want to check your cooling system for the sc. When the sc pressurizes the air it heats it up significantly which can cause backfires or mis fires. If the bearings are broken like your friend said then your engine is probably not getting the proper psi for what its tuned for either. Hope any of this helps.
03€clips€ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/29/2011, 04:52 PM   #40 (permalink)

Thanks. Your more on point then most ppl. The ripp part needs bearings not the vortech that's a relief. And yes I need a smt6 cable and the ripp software...
Old 08/12/2011, 08:30 AM   #41 (permalink)

Vehicle: Eclipse 2004
Gio eclipse : who are you?
Hi
I have the same problem in my car, i took my eclipse to many places but in Mexico city theres no place to fix this problems, but my idea is tune up te ecu with help of dyno and see the correct fuel /air mix. Good Luck with your car this is about patience....
Gio eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Welcome Forums > New Members Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.