Question on a swap - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Welcome Forums > New Members Forum
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/08/2013, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banana suit what?!

Vehicle: 98 Trans AM WS6
StreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regular
Question on a swap

So I was looking into the VR4 swap and I was wondering what I all needed to do to make it fit? I know the engine is the same since it's the mitsu v6 but the heads are just different. Can I keep the turbos too cuz it seems like there's a lot of room in there. I'm also looking to stay on a fairly tight budget so low key on the price would be the best. Something around $2000 is what I want to stay at. I don't wanna be one of those guys who just rices shit together though so yea.

Help would be appreciated.

StreetLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/08/2013, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Vehicle: 2001 spyder gs
scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
vr4 swap tool

you got questions? we got answers: http://tearstone.com/shop/Factory-Service-Manuals/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00JStew3G View Post
If you want it done right, follow scarr's advice 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
scarr's right
scarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/08/2013, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr View Post
dafuq?

Where have you been?

Oh...and
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/08/2013, 02:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

jaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
So I was looking into the VR4 swap and I was wondering what I all needed to do to make it fit? I know the engine is the same since it's the mitsu v6 but the heads are just different. Can I keep the turbos too cuz it seems like there's a lot of room in there. I'm also looking to stay on a fairly tight budget so low key on the price would be the best. Something around $2000 is what I want to stay at. I don't wanna be one of those guys who just rices shit together though so yea.

Help would be appreciated.
Oh...and posting this BS in the NMF just to avoid searching is laziness at it's finest, Mr. Veteran member who's been here for 4 years & 1200 posts, and you should know better.. You're not a "new" member anymore. This topic has been discussed many times already.
Old 01/08/2013, 02:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, 07 Jeep GC
Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Drunkoffjuic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloosk View Post
Oh...and posting this BS in the NMF just to avoid searching is laziness at it's finest, Mr. Veteran member who's been here for 4 years & 1200 posts, and you should know better.. You're not a "new" member anymore. This topic has been discussed many times already.
Im sorry, this section is not only for "New" member.

Ill quote Sam on this "This forum is for new and even long standing members. This place is specifically to be used for those that can't, or don't know how to find an answer to their questions."

" No one had ever act anything less than decent and appropriate in here to another member, no matter how wrong their question might appear to you. If you don't like, or don't agree with what someone says in here, don't say anything."

I thought these rules apply to ALL members?
Old 01/08/2013, 02:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkoffjuic View Post
Im sorry, this section is not only for "New" member.

Ill quote Sam on this "This forum is for new and even long standing members. This place is specifically to be used for those that can't, or don't know how to find an answer to their questions."

" No one had ever act anything less than decent and appropriate in here to another member, no matter how wrong their question might appear to you. If you don't like, or don't agree with what someone says in here, don't say anything."

I thought these rules apply to ALL members?
I'm sorry; Did I flame him? Did I address him indecently? Did I even tell him to search? I know for a fact this member knows how to find answers to his questions, and as such, this forum is an inappropriate place to be asking his question.
Old 01/08/2013, 04:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
I wanta6G75TDiamante

Vehicle: 6G74 swap
Jonny03GT : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloosk View Post
I'm sorry; Did I flame him? Did I address him indecently? Did I even tell him to search? I know for a fact this member knows how to find answers to his questions, and as such, this forum is an inappropriate place to be asking his question.
OP... seriously? You have to know better.
Come on man... forget the dozens of threads
of those who have embarrassed themselves
Before you... but don't u think
with who else is on this form if a VR4
swap was possible, that u would
have found one done before?
Jonny03GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/08/2013, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny03GT View Post
Of course it's possible. Had YOU searched, you would have known that. Now...this thread is still in NMF so tread lightly people.
Old 01/16/2013, 05:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

Vehicle: Y2K GT-P
ICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ICEMAN99TURBO Send a message via Yahoo to ICEMAN99TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny03GT View Post
Please, Please, do not press enter after every 6/7 words. Thank You.
ICEMAN99TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Welcome Forums > New Members Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.