Motor Mounts - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Welcome Forums > New Members Forum
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01/14/2013, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 eclipse
PaulStone : who are you?PaulStone : who are you?PaulStone : who are you?
Motor Mounts

Will changing the motor mounts solve the noisy dash problem? I have a cracked dash btw
PaulStone is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/15/2013, 07:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Eclipse GS
Menace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by many
It may reduce the rattle slightly if your mounts are broken but it will not make it go completely away. I am not sure which model you have but if it is the RS/GS putting any motor mounts on besides OEM will increase the vibration
Menace is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2013, 07:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 3G GT 2001 5 speed
ograyray : who are you?
Hey dude, welcome to the club. What year and model do you have? Have you look at the mount busings in all locations to visibly confirm they need replacing?

Anyway more info please, also welcome to the club again.
ograyray is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2013, 07:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GS-T
Boost 44203 : who are you?Boost 44203 : who are you?Boost 44203 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
It may reduce the rattle slightly if your mounts are broken but it will not make it go completely away. I am not sure which model you have but if it is the RS/GS putting any motor mounts on besides OEM will increase the vibration
Menace is right. After I put good ones in mine it makes my car rattle like a spray can at idle. Lol. Not a bad rattle though, but with I cracked dash I would think it to be much much worse than mine.
Boost 44203 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2013, 01:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GS
Zachman3340 seems to be okayZachman3340 seems to be okayZachman3340 seems to be okayZachman3340 seems to be okayZachman3340 seems to be okayZachman3340 seems to be okay
Quote:

Are there any good remedies to try got the GS to lower the vibration?
Zachman3340 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2013, 01:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Menace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by many
yes, go back to OEM
Old 01/15/2013, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 eclipse
PaulStone : who are you?PaulStone : who are you?PaulStone : who are you?
Thanks for the replies. So anything besides OEM mounts will make it worse eh?
Im thinking of removing the dash and putting something like felt paper in between to cancel out the noise? Has anyone ever done this?
PaulStone is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2013, 10:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Treyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okay
For the V6, adding an Ingalls ETD greatly reduced vibrations and engine movement, especially during shifting, creating a much smoother ride.

Not sure if you 4 bangers have an ETD specifically made for your cars, but I remember seeing a thread about someone who converted an ETD designed for another car.
Treyzian is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/16/2013, 07:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

unfortunately they dont make one for the 4 cylinders. You have to kind of frankenstein one together using the one for the 6 and an Evo 8/9
Old 01/16/2013, 07:15 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
unfortunately they dont make one for the 4 cylinders. You have to kind of frankenstein one together using the one for the 6 and an Evo 8/9
Sounds like a fun time!
Old 01/16/2013, 12:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

01GtCRazyKid : who are you?01GtCRazyKid : who are you?01GtCRazyKid : who are you?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost 44203 View Post
Sounds like a fun time!
like my motor! lmao
01GtCRazyKid is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/16/2013, 01:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GtCRazyKid View Post
like my motor! lmao
Everyone loves a good Frankenmotor!!!
Old 01/16/2013, 05:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

Vehicle: Y2K GT-P
ICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ICEMAN99TURBO Send a message via Yahoo to ICEMAN99TURBO
With no offense to the OP, you have been here now for over a year and have 200+ posts.. I believe you have been here long enough to figure out where to post this question besides the New Members Section.

ICEMAN99TURBO is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Welcome Forums > New Members Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.