O2 sensor location - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Welcome Forums > New Members Forum
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/29/2013, 06:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Spyder0802 : who are you?
O2 sensor location

I have an 01 GT that has the following:

P0161 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 2)

I looked last night all over the place to find an O2 sensor after the cat. Cant find it. Can anyone tell me where this is? All I see are the 2 just after the headers on either side of the engine.
Spyder0802 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/29/2013, 08:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Back from Deployment

Vehicle: '03 GTS Spyder 6G75
TurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by all
Bank 2 sensor 2 is going to be toward the front of the car. Open up the hood and look a few inches from your front valve cover towards the front. That one sticking out is bank 2 sensor 1. Follow the exhaust down, past the precat, and you'll see sensor 2 sticking out of the pipe. It might be pretty hard to see from up top but you'll be able to see it from underneath. There aren't any sensors after the main cat beneath the car.
TurtleTamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/29/2013, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Protect this house

Vehicle: Yes
ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.
2000-2002 Eclipse Service Manual | Tearstone

Tearstone has detailed pictures of the location. I used this when I changed my O2 sensors
ccarrillo717 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/29/2013, 12:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Spyder0802 : who are you?
this is exactly what i needed. thanks, guys. the problem for me was in realizing there were 2 converters and they were up beside the engine instead of further back in the exhaust like you normally see.

one more question: i'm looking at a denso unit online as a replacement. says its "OEM". are these ok or do i really need to spend double for an official mitsubishi factory unit?
Spyder0802 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/29/2013, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Protect this house

Vehicle: Yes
ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Denso are good
ccarrillo717 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/29/2013, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Back from Deployment

Vehicle: '03 GTS Spyder 6G75
TurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by all
There are actually three, but I think that's what you meant anyway. Yes the Denso's are what you need. They're the same ones you'll pull off of there. Avoid other brands or anything "universal." Denso's the way to go.
TurtleTamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/29/2013, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
patriotred01 : who are you?patriotred01 : who are you?patriotred01 : who are you?
I replaced mine with a Bosch from Autozone and it's been good for 3 years no problems.
patriotred01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Welcome Forums > New Members Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.