Invidia cat-back exhaust on 03 GT - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Welcome Forums > New Members Forum
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02/15/2013, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

cbranflakes : who are you?
Invidia cat-back exhaust on 03 GT

Hey guys still pretty new to the site and got another question. I'm looking to get a new exhaust over the stock one and the invidia stands out to me. I know you're probly gonna say "youtube it" but truth is 90% of the videos on YouTube are just people reving the piss out.of them and you can't really get the full effect of the exhaust
One guy though put a go-pro on his car and actually drove the car and the invidia exhaust sounds amazing to me. What are your opinions on different exhausts? Invidia and greddy stand out to me. Opinions? I want something thats gonna turn heads and sound nice and clean though. No "fart can" noise
cbranflakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02/15/2013, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
Mr6G72 : who are you?
Re: Invidia cat-back exhaust on 03 GT

I like the Indvidia I also like the price lol...they sound real good...but if u search under "3G invidia and ripp headers" there is a Maroon 3G with chrome rims who does take off..sounds real good IMO

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Mr6G72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/15/2013, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr6G72 View Post
I like the Indvidia I also like the price lol...they sound real good...but if u search under "3G invidia and ripp headers" there is a Maroon 3G with chrome rims who does take off..sounds real good IMO

THAT was sex to my ears. I just had an eargasm. And your right, the price is nice. I'm leaningtowards the invidia but its such a hard choice
Old 02/15/2013, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbranflakes View Post
THAT was sex to my ears. I just had an eargasm. And your right, the price is nice. I'm leaningtowards the invidia but its such a hard choice
Well joey on here has a sell on the invidia rite now with only 1 left just so you know...but did you watch the video??

Old 02/15/2013, 10:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

But did you watch the video??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App[/QUOTE]

Yes I did. And it sounds good to me. But how much different is it gonna sound on my eclipse where I don't have those headers is the question
Old 02/15/2013, 10:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbranflakes View Post
But did you watch the video??

Yes I did. And it sounds good to me. But how much different is it gonna sound on my eclipse where I don't have those headers is the question[/QUOTE]

Joey will link you to sound clips and you can ask him questions about or keep searching Youtube

Old 02/15/2013, 10:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr6G72 View Post
Yes I did. And it sounds good to me. But how much different is it gonna sound on my eclipse where I don't have those headers is the question
Joey will link you to sound clips and you can ask him questions about or keep searching Youtube

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App[/QUOTE]

Yeah that'd be cool for sure. Also any experience using exhaust wrap? I've heard good and bad. I'm worried about locking moisture in when I wrap the exhaust where I live in maine
Old 02/15/2013, 10:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Personally I wouldn't wrap it...and the invidia Cat-Back is not welded its held on by exhaust clamps

Old 02/16/2013, 08:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, 07 Jeep GC
Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Drunkoffjuic
Invidia cat-back exhaust on 03 GT

This thread is Misinformation after another.

Ripp+invidia+ resonator = fairly good sound not so much rasp

Ripp + invidia= loud with rasp at higher RPM's

OEM + invidia = Okay with rasp at high RPM's

If you want a good price and don't want to deal with "getting the last one" check out Dan at Wesellcarparts.con

The invidia is NOT held on with clamps. They have flanges welded at every connecting point, with gaskets and bolts.

The newest style of Ripps on the other hand were held together with clamps.

If you want a good sound with stock exhaust manifolds I would say go with greddy if you can. The pipe diameter is 2.5" or 2.75" where invidia is 3".

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02/16/2013, 09:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Hey u there

Vehicle: 2000 gt (fed) manual
UrAjerk : who are you?UrAjerk : who are you?
Rpw Header + greddy exhaust = Aweome and NO pissed off bee sound

Last edited by UrAjerk; 02/16/2013 at 10:15 AM.
UrAjerk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/16/2013, 09:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-T
Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
Pissed off bee's sounds like shit. The rule of thumb is ripp headers sound like crap.

Why get a name brand invidia when you can get the exact same thing off ebay for $120? That is, $120 shipped. Unless you're getting a Greddy or a Magnaflow system there is no reason not to get the eBay.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/16/2013, 10:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Hey u there

sorry fixed that yea the pissed off bee sound is it exactly what u dont want
Old 02/16/2013, 10:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Hey u there

this what i have on my gt rpw long tube header and hks cabon ti catback exhaust here a video
Old 02/16/2013, 11:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
Back from Deployment

Vehicle: '03 GTS Spyder 6G75
TurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by all
I've got cheap ass shorty headers and an ebay catback. It sounds good until high rpms and there's rasp but I've still got the fart can blow-through muffler on it. I plan on changing that to a Magnaflow or Flowmaster but I would recommend the cheap ebay catbacks for sure. I mean, it's pipe. It's not engine internals or a clutch where it's quite necessary to "pay now or pay later."
TurtleTamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/17/2013, 04:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkoffjuic View Post
This thread is Misinformation after another.

Ripp+invidia+ resonator = fairly good sound not so much rasp

Ripp + invidia= loud with rasp at higher RPM's

OEM + invidia = Okay with rasp at high RPM's

If you want a good price and don't want to deal with "getting the last one" check out Dan at Wesellcarparts.con

The invidia is NOT held on with clamps. They have flanges welded at every connecting point, with gaskets and bolts.

The newest style of Ripps on the other hand were held together with clamps.

If you want a good sound with stock exhaust manifolds I would say go with greddy if you can. The pipe diameter is 2.5" or 2.75" where invidia is 3".

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
So you're saying the invidia sounds just okay with OEM headers? What would the difference be between the greddy and invidia with stock headers?
Old 02/17/2013, 06:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
King of Rice!!

Vehicle: 2013 Focus ST
Lil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by many

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTamer View Post
I've got cheap ass shorty headers and an ebay catback. It sounds good until high rpms and there's rasp but I've still got the fart can blow-through muffler on it. I plan on changing that to a Magnaflow or Flowmaster but I would recommend the cheap ebay catbacks for sure. I mean, it's pipe. It's not engine internals or a clutch where it's quite necessary to "pay now or pay later."
Post a video? I have a no name exhaust, I'm curious to how the headers make out sound.
Lil Mitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/17/2013, 06:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
King of Rice!!

Vehicle: 2013 Focus ST
Lil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by many

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkoffjuic View Post

Are you sure? IIRC it was stock at 2.25" and invidia at 80mm or like 2.75". I have no idea what Greddy was. I know the no-name exhaust and 2g gst exhausts both have 3in piping but I wasn't aware of any others.
Lil Mitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Welcome Forums > New Members Forum

Tags
cat back, exhaust, greddy, invidia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.