Possibly time for new wheels? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Other Automotive Discussion > Other Cars
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02/13/2008, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

Vehicle: 2004 Infiniti G35 6MT
FstrThnLfe02 seems to be okayFstrThnLfe02 seems to be okayFstrThnLfe02 seems to be okayFstrThnLfe02 seems to be okayFstrThnLfe02 seems to be okayFstrThnLfe02 seems to be okayFstrThnLfe02 seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to FstrThnLfe02
Possibly time for new wheels?

Ok so as of right now, my car rides on a set of Donz 20x8.5 (front) 20x10 (rear) staggered wheels in the summer months. Honestly, I think they are too... DUB for me. I think I want something more toward the tuner end of things while staying close to $2k as that is about how much I can get for my current wheels.

So I have been thinking about going with a set of black or gunmetal wheels with no lip. The concave style that you see on a lot of Z's out there right now.

This is what I have now.

And this is what I am highly considering. (in one of these 5 colors)

Black

Black with polished center and lip

Machined face with black inserts

Gunmetal

Gunmetal with polished lip and center

If you have any other suggestions as far as what kind of wheels you think would look good on my car, feel free to post. Keep in mind I am only looking for staggered 19's or 20's in the 2k range.

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
20" Donz staggered wheels
30% tint
Clear Corners
FstrThnLfe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02/13/2008, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Vehicle: 2011 V-Dub GTI
kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.
Send a message via AIM to kabob Send a message via MSN to kabob
Dubs all around on a G35 looks... ridiculous, to say the least. Seriously, go with a simpler design and scale them down. You're not driving around in a Conestoga wagon.
kabob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/13/2008, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

FstrThnLfe02 seems to be okayFstrThnLfe02 seems to be okayFstrThnLfe02 seems to be okayFstrThnLfe02 seems to be okayFstrThnLfe02 seems to be okayFstrThnLfe02 seems to be okayFstrThnLfe02 seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
Dubs all around on a G35 looks... ridiculous, to say the least. Seriously, go with a simpler design and scale them down. You're not driving around in a Conestoga wagon.
So what is your recommendation? Something like the Tenzo's I posted? Or something along the lines of an Axis Hiro or Axis Penta? Or what?

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
30% tint
Clear Corners
Old 02/13/2008, 07:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
NUFF SAID

Vehicle: 2003 Spyder GT
IAmTheSTIG seems to be okayIAmTheSTIG seems to be okayIAmTheSTIG seems to be okayIAmTheSTIG seems to be okayIAmTheSTIG seems to be okayIAmTheSTIG seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to IAmTheSTIG
those tenzo will look amazing, and axis makes nice wheels for the 350/g35.
IAmTheSTIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/13/2008, 07:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Vehicle: 2011 V-Dub GTI
kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.
Send a message via AIM to kabob Send a message via MSN to kabob
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrThnLfe02 View Post
So what is your recommendation? Something like the Tenzo's I posted? Or something along the lines of an Axis Hiro or Axis Penta? Or what?
You posted the same wheel design four times so you could go with a set of any of them.
kabob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/13/2008, 07:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheSTIG View Post
those tenzo will look amazing, and axis makes nice wheels for the 350/g35.
I agree 100%. Also, a big plus is that no car that I have seen has these Tenzo's yet. It is a fresh look that could be extremely hot IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
You posted the same wheel design four times so you could go with a set of any of them.
Thanks for the opinion. I am strongly leaning toward these wheels and honestly, I don't think I would be making a bad decision.

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
30% tint
Clear Corners
Old 02/13/2008, 07:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b hater

Vehicle: 2003 GTS/2008 Lancer GTS
Black Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be new
Send a message via AIM to Black Menace
I like the 4th and 5th wheels. All are nice so either one of them would look sweet on the ride IMO.
Black Menace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/13/2008, 08:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
kickin it old school

Vehicle: 1997 HONDUH PRERUDE!!
bd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to bd3g5
Machined Face look bad ass.
bd3g5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/13/2008, 08:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Menace View Post
I like the 4th and 5th wheels. All are nice so either one of them would look sweet on the ride IMO.
I tend to agree with you, however, I think I am going to stay away from the mono-color wheels. I think they may just look too... blah. I will either go with the polished lip and center or the machined face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3g5 View Post
I agree... I think they will be seen a little better as compared to the darker wheels.

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
30% tint
Clear Corners
Old 02/13/2008, 08:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sam
Generally Bitter Admin

Vehicle: Not a 3G
Sam has disabled reputation
Powdercoated 19" OEM Forged Rays.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/13/2008, 08:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Powdercoated 19" OEM Forged Rays.
Not an option. I am not going to make my car look like everyone else's. It may look good, however, many agree and have done it. Extremely overdone look.

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
30% tint
Clear Corners
Old 02/13/2008, 08:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Sam
Generally Bitter Admin

Vehicle: Not a 3G
Sam has disabled reputation
Quote:
Not an option. I am not going to make my car look like everyone else's. It may look good, however, many agree and have done it. Extremely overdone look.
Well, they are real Rays wheels, they are light and strong for their size, so you can't go wrong with that really, or if you want different, Mag Blue TE37s. I'll be sporting those by summer when the boat comes in.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/13/2008, 08:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Well, they are real Rays wheels, they are light and strong for their size, so you can't go wrong with that really, or if you want different, Mag Blue TE37s. I'll be sporting those by summer when the boat comes in.
Yeah I want Volks... but my wallet doesn't. Plain and simply... for a 19 year old student, Volks are out of reach unless they are used and even then they cost a lot.

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
30% tint
Clear Corners
Old 02/13/2008, 10:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Vehicle: 08 G8 GT
dklau33 : who are you?dklau33 : who are you?dklau33 : who are you?
I always liked these but I'm guessing these are too plain for your tastes.

dklau33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/13/2008, 10:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklau33 View Post

I really thought about doing that style wheel... but you are right, they are a little plain for my taste.

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
30% tint
Clear Corners
Old 02/13/2008, 10:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Yo Yo Yo Yo-Landi

3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular
SSR FTW.

Tenzo is a ricer brand. I would stick with what you have, they look REALLY good.
3GJackal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/13/2008, 11:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GJackal View Post
SSR FTW.

Tenzo is a ricer brand. I would stick with what you have, they look REALLY good.
I'm glad someone else thinks so! I think I'm just ready for a change.

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
30% tint
Clear Corners
Old 02/13/2008, 11:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Yo Yo Yo Yo-Landi

3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular3GJackal should be considered a regular
Quote:
I'm glad someone else thinks so! I think I'm just ready for a change.
Dude, you just got the car, what like last FALL? If you were riding on stock wheels I could understand, but I mean those wheels you have, while they are a lil flashy, look really nice on the car.

I see that you're only 19 days older than me, shit I would LOVE to have a G35 that looks like yours, just be thankful for what you have man. Dump 2K somewhere else into the car like in the audio or something, or just save it.

BTW Happy B-Day, my GF's is TOMORROW, I gotta go all out.
3GJackal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/13/2008, 11:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GJackal View Post
Dude, you just got the car, what like last FALL? If you were riding on stock wheels I could understand, but I mean those wheels you have, while they are a lil flashy, look really nice on the car.

I see that you're only 19 days older than me, shit I would LOVE to have a G35 that looks like yours, just be thankful for what you have man. Dump 2K somewhere else into the car like in the audio or something, or just save it.

BTW Happy B-Day, my GF's is TOMORROW, I gotta go all out.
Thanks, man. And believe me... I am greatful. There was a slim and none chance that I would get this car and somehow, I pulled it off. I was lucky enough for my parents to pay half.

I feel your pain with the GF situation. My GF's was the 8th. Surprise party, 80gb Zune, not going to get into the rest

As for the 2k... I can only get that if I sell the wheels . We will see what happens. I may just ride these out til the tires are worn, sell the rims off without tires, then save til I can buy myself a set of Volks.

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
30% tint
Clear Corners
Old 02/14/2008, 01:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Never say never!

LUNAR seems to be well-liked by allLUNAR seems to be well-liked by allLUNAR seems to be well-liked by allLUNAR seems to be well-liked by allLUNAR seems to be well-liked by allLUNAR seems to be well-liked by allLUNAR seems to be well-liked by allLUNAR seems to be well-liked by allLUNAR seems to be well-liked by allLUNAR seems to be well-liked by allLUNAR seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3g5 View Post
I like those as well. But I feel that for your car the black with the polished lip would look the best.
Old 02/14/2008, 03:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
fuck em

Vehicle: TT Z
Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
eh, I don't care for your "Donz" at all. Or the cheapie Tenzos either for that matter.

I would happily rock some OEM 19s over both of those, but if that just doesn't sit well with you then I would check out Sevas. I like the S-Stars in particular, and they are easily under $2000 in a staggered 19" setup:

The website I got that image from has them for $1575 shipped in any finish.

Advan T6s drop under $2000 pretty regularly, the5Zigen Gravis easily in that price range, or maybe some Nismo LMGT4s. And there is always used TE37s.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/14/2008, 06:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
eh, I don't care for your "Donz" at all. Or the cheapie Tenzos either for that matter.

I would happily rock some OEM 19s over both of those, but if that just doesn't sit well with you then I would check out Sevas. I like the S-Stars in particular, and they are easily under $2000 in a staggered 19" setup:

The website I got that image from has them for $1575 shipped in any finish.

Advan T6s drop under $2000 pretty regularly, the5Zigen Gravis easily in that price range, or maybe some Nismo LMGT4s. And there is always used TE37s.

I here what you are saying, however, Tenzo doesn't seem like a cheap brand at all when talking to those that have them and love them. I've talked to many and nobody has a bad word about them.

As for the wheels you suggested, the only that MAY be my style would be the Sevas. However, they just look too... generic. That is exactly what I'm looking not to do.

As of right now, the Donz stay until I can find something in my price range.

I was just looking on G35Driver and saw a sick set of wheels that are not exactly generic and are considered completely high end.

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
30% tint
Clear Corners
Old 02/14/2008, 07:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
Zed oh six

Vehicle: 2002 Corvette Z06
Rulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be new
Gram Lights 57 Optimise

Gram Lights

Paving The Way - Sport Compact Car Magazine Feature
Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/14/2008, 07:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulez View Post
Gram Lights 57 Optimise

Gram Lights
They are a little bit out of reach, although hot as hell. I just need something around 2k with tires. Those will run me around 3.

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
30% tint
Clear Corners
Old 02/14/2008, 07:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
Zed oh six

Vehicle: 2002 Corvette Z06
Rulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be new
Spend money and get something good. The wheels you posted before are cheap and lame

Paving The Way - Sport Compact Car Magazine Feature
Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/14/2008, 12:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulez View Post
Spend money and get something good. The wheels you posted before are cheap and lame
Money that I don't have. 19 year old student... definitely not rolling in dough like some others. If I had 3k to spend, I would, but I don't and have to stay in my price range.

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
30% tint
Clear Corners
Old 02/14/2008, 02:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
Cam

Cam is one of the reasons this club existsCam is one of the reasons this club existsCam is one of the reasons this club existsCam is one of the reasons this club existsCam is one of the reasons this club existsCam is one of the reasons this club existsCam is one of the reasons this club existsCam is one of the reasons this club existsCam is one of the reasons this club existsCam is one of the reasons this club existsCam is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
Money that I don't have. 19 year old student... definitely not rolling in dough like some others. If I had 3k to spend, I would, but I don't and have to stay in my price range.
If you dont have the money to get something nice then maybe you should just save the money. You keep saying "19yo student"....save your damn money. You already have a nice car.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/14/2008, 02:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
You already have a nice car.
Which is why I don't have money.

I think you are right, however. I may just save until I can get something that is top of the line. That is unless the deal I have going for some iForged Aero's slips through the cracks somehow.

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
30% tint
Clear Corners
Old 02/14/2008, 07:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

Still waiting to hear back from the guy but these were only on his car for 2 weeks, no scuffs or marks, and I'm looking at $2100 shipped. NIIICE

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
30% tint
Clear Corners
Old 02/14/2008, 08:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
is on a fitness kick

Vehicle: 02' Land Rover Disco II
Surf is God.Surf is God.Surf is God.Surf is God.Surf is God.Surf is God.Surf is God.Surf is God.Surf is God.Surf is God.Surf is God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklau33 View Post

I've always loved those, and the one's that are very similar, but have steeper spoke angles.
Old 02/14/2008, 09:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Previous 3g Owner

I just don't think those would look great on a G. Possibly a Z but I just don't know about the G.

Molded INGS+ 1 Front Lip
30% tint
Clear Corners
Old 02/16/2008, 07:33 AM   #32 (permalink)
kickin it old school

Vehicle: 1997 HONDUH PRERUDE!!
bd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to bd3g5
Quote:
Still waiting to hear back from the guy but these were only on his car for 2 weeks, no scuffs or marks, and I'm looking at $2100 shipped. NIIICE

They look like HRE's? And for only 2.1k? Fuck yeah dude.
bd3g5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/16/2008, 02:25 PM   #33 (permalink)
Frank

Vehicle: 2001 GT
Regulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to Regulator
I'd sell the DuBz and scour ebay for months for a reasonably priced set of Volks. I wouldn't even put Tenzos on a Civic if I had one. It's like wearing Sketchers with a nice suit.

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Other Automotive Discussion > Other Cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.