2014 Chevrolet Corvette - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Other Automotive Discussion > Other Cars
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11/15/2011, 05:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zed oh six

Vehicle: 2002 Corvette Z06
Rulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be new
2014 Chevrolet Corvette

Exclusive: This is the 2014 Chevy Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalopnik

Exclusive: This is the 2014 Chevy Corvette

The exclusive images you see here, derived from hours spent secretly poring over the sheetmetal of two seventh-generation Corvettes, show the next step in the supercar's iconic evolution. These aren't photos, but this is absolutely the next-generation Chevy Corvette in ZR1 trim. GM so doesn't want you to see these.

Love it or hate it, the Chevrolet Corvette is an American icon. For most of its 60 years, the 'Vette's shown that a commodity-focused U.S. automaker can confound expectations and compete with the likes of Ferrari and Lamborghini. The seventh-generation Corvette — or C7 Corvette — as fan-boys and GM insiders call it — is designed to further confound those expectations.

These renderings were derived from hours this weekend I (and our designer) spent in secret, poring over the completely uncamouflaged "sheetmetal" of two versions of the next-gen Corvette. With limited time, we decided to, rather than show you the first one, a base level Corvette, we focused our rendering efforts instead on the high-performance ZR1 trim level.

None of our sources were willing to go on the record or allow me to run their name for fear they might lose their jobs. That's also why I'm showing renderings rather than actual photos — I don't care if it might cast doubt on the veracity of the styling — but I didn't want anyone losing their job over this.

That said, we showed these images to three different sources at General Motors — and all three confirmed that the images you see here accurately portray the ZR1 trim level for the seventh-generation Corvette. A fourth source — a non-GM employee — confirmed that the vehicle we show here is one of two Initial Vehicle Engineering Release (IVER) vehicles that's been making the rounds at the Milford Proving Grounds.

At first glance, you think this is nothing more than an evolutionary change to America's supercar. But give it a second for that initial enormously deceiving glance to dissipate into a double-take. The changes — like the very Camaro-esque rear taillights, the over-exaggerated side vents, and a new window in the rear quarter — will be absolutely polarizing to any Corvette fan-boy. And other items — like a split-rear window, a la the Corvette Stingray, won't make it into production.

Paving The Way - Sport Compact Car Magazine Feature
Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11/15/2011, 08:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
fuck em

Vehicle: TT Z
Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
wow that's...pretty fugly, actually. And the Camaro taillights are full-on fail.
Old 11/15/2011, 08:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Engineer/Realist

Vehicle: 2000 RS
malachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by allmalachi seems to be well-liked by all
enhhh, not production yet,

a bit too much, it will smooth out.

car on diet, but still stock = 15.58
2006 FASTEST ECLIPSE RS/GS STOCK
2006 FASTEST ECLIPSE RS/GS N/A

2008 NEW RECORD, RS/GS N/A = 15.2

2009 DOHC + 10psi = 14.0 @ 101.89MPH
2009 DOHC + 15psi = 13.3 @ 108MPH

2010 DOHC + ~psi = 13.05@ 102MPH

FOR SALE - PM ME
2000RS-Turbo is my cock sucking bitch! NEG HIM!

BLACK OPS
10-0 "one in the chamber" - FLAWLESS
malachi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/15/2011, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse Spyder Gt
MitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by many
Reminds me slightly of the Lotus front :/ Idk. But I think it looks pretty damn cool! Not much different from the rest of them I guess.

This reminds me NOGAF: Next week I get to drive a brand new Z06 I think its a 2011 I am guessing. But it's a manual So I will be learning how to drive a manual with it. Sorry I am kind of excited. NOGAF.
MitsubishiOwn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/15/2011, 09:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Shit happens...

ToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends here
I love the corvettes, this is just a render. Hopefully they fix up the tails lights, they look weird to me. Other tha that, I like it it's sexiness in my eyes?
Old 11/15/2011, 09:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Vehicle: 2007 350Z
Tearstone has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Tearstone Send a message via AIM to Tearstone
It's like it has too many extra lines. Sometimes less is more.
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/15/2011, 01:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 GTS 3.6L 6g74
GSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okay
The aero rear hatch look is nasty. I doubt all that will make it into production.

I like how they say Corvette fanbois call it...the C7. That is just what it is.
GSXROFDFW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/15/2011, 02:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jedi Ninja

Vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Velobster
Rock_Box seems to be okayRock_Box seems to be okayRock_Box seems to be okayRock_Box seems to be okayRock_Box seems to be okayRock_Box seems to be okay
Looks like someone rammed a GT-R up a Corvette's ass...
Old 11/15/2011, 05:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
11/3/04 - 6/11/06

Vehicle: 2005 GTO
Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
I ain't taking anything seriously until a real photograph of a production model appears.

Jalopnik generated a bit of hype with this stunt, and then they show us a goddamned rendering? Fail.
Doric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/16/2011, 09:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

Shiznit : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock_Box View Post
Looks like someone rammed a GT-R up a Corvette's ass...
was thinking the same thing
Shiznit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/16/2011, 10:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Jon H

Ball Of Madness Champion!
Vehicle: 13 GT-R
Hot Feces : who are you?Hot Feces : who are you?Hot Feces : who are you?Hot Feces : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Hot Feces
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiOwn View Post

This reminds me NOGAF: Next week I get to drive a brand new Z06 I think its a 2011 I am guessing. But it's a manual So I will be learning how to drive a manual with it. Sorry I am kind of excited. NOGAF.
My C6 Z06 was easier to drive than my either of my Evos, clutch pedal isn't very heavy.

Hopefully they don't put another fucking Cobalt steering wheel in this thing and upgrade the damn seats. Hell, just throw the Recaro's that the CTS-Vs can get in there.
Old 11/16/2011, 12:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-T
Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doric View Post
I ain't taking anything seriously until a real photograph of a production model appears.
No kidding. This is pretty watered down compared to the concept they were showing last year.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/16/2011, 12:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
EZT
FearIsTheMindKiller

Vehicle: 2009 370z
EZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to EZT
Reserving judgment for the real thing.

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted"
EZT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2012, 08:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
Zed oh six

Rulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be new
Looks like Jalopnik was right. Here are some REAL spy-shots of the new Vette.

Several more here:
2014 Chevrolet Corvette: We Were Right

Old 01/19/2012, 08:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club exists
I'm not feeling the canvas paint.
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2012, 08:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Zed oh six

Look at this shot here. You can see that the tail lights aren't round anymore, just like in the artist's rendering from before.

Old 01/19/2012, 09:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

jaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club exists
yeah, you can sorta see that...wonder how the die-hard 'vette fans are going to take that news...they didn't like it when GM 'squared out' the tail lights in the late '80's-early '90's.
Old 01/19/2012, 03:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
fuck em

Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
why are they testing it on Antarctica
Old 01/19/2012, 04:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

They always do extreme cold-weather testing to make sure those bad-boys still work when you take them to Canada. It looks like those photos were taken on my drive home from work today.
Old 07/10/2012, 05:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
Zed oh six

No big deal, but it's cool to see how the bumper covers are made:

2014 Chevrolet Corvette: First Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalopnik.com
One of GM's Tier 1 suppliers, Omega Tool Corp., made a video to show off how well they could mold complicated plastic body panels. Only they chose the still-secret 2014 Chevy Corvette instead of the outgoing C6 Corvette. Oops.

Hmm... it looks familiar for some reason.

The video showed up on CorvetteOnline.com labeled as "How Corvette C6 Bumpers Are Made." Commenters immediately realized that this is no C6 bumper, but rather the unrevealed C7.

You may remember that we revealed the whole C7 Corvette. Many critics saw the GT-R/Camaro mashup panels and prayed we got it all wrong. Some still do despite ample evidence to the contrary.

This video, likely to be taken down in no time, shows again how right we were.

A spokesperson for GM would neither confirm nor deny these were the C7 Corvette.

"As we're building the prototype cars for the next generation Corvette we are working with suppliers… to begin the process of tooling for the early prototype cars before they go into production," said the spokesperson.
Gallery: The 2014 Corvette's Nose

Old 07/10/2012, 06:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Vehicle: 2011 V-Dub GTI
kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.
Send a message via AIM to kabob Send a message via MSN to kabob
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloosk View Post
They always do extreme cold-weather testing to make sure those bad-boys still work when you take them to Canada. It looks like those photos were taken on my drive home from work today.
Why, what's the point? They sell more dog sleds than sports cars in Canada.
kabob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/10/2012, 09:22 AM   #23 (permalink)

GSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okay
I am sure it is an extreme way to test the stability control. Go drive a ZR1 in the rain. It is a big pussy cat. I would rather have a car that was a little over developed than under.

I read a LONG time ago when they came out with the ls everyone in that department from engineering to receptionist had an ls swaps in their pick ups, C4s and fbodys to shake all the bugs out. Stuff like that vs other companys running an engine on a dyno to simulate 24 hours around "the ring" is what separates real world from fantasy. Yes I am a fAnbOi
Old 07/10/2012, 10:05 AM   #24 (permalink)
11/3/04 - 6/11/06

Vehicle: 2005 GTO
Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Doric paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
If the girls at Jalopnik aren't careful, they could pull a muscle while patting themselves on the back so hard.
Doric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/11/2012, 01:21 AM   #25 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Camaro SS
Ace0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regular
Freeze frame from the bumper vid that was pulled down.
Ace0526 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/11/2012, 08:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
Zed oh six

The gallery I linked above is still working.

Old 07/11/2012, 09:06 AM   #27 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 GT Spyder
KreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends here
I'm really not liking any of the progressive spy shots or renderings; very disappointing. The C5 was such a great car aesthetically (perfect, no, but very good); in my opinion the C6 was a plasticky step in the wrong direction and the C7 seems to be continuing down that same path.

I understand that the corvette has to look 'American' and differentiate from the other super car styling queues of the moment, but that doesn't mean that it has to look ugly. The corvette has always been about innovation and this doens't look aesthetically innovative to me. It really looks more like Lingenfelter hired a bunch of rednecks to design a body kit for a c6 than a full 'from scratch' GM design studio project.
'01 GT Spyder w/ 50,003 miles | Evo STS | RRE MTL/SynchroShift Mix | Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings | smoked corners | 18x8" SA67 knock-off wheels | Kumho Ecsta 4X 225/40 | '03 Bumper conversion | Mochi Spyder Bar | Dual Halo Single Projectors | 4300k Slim-line HID |
KreepyZeke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/11/2012, 09:14 AM   #28 (permalink)

Steveodotcom1 : who are you?Steveodotcom1 : who are you?
From looking at the conceptual models- I see too many characteristics from other cars, the front looks very similar to a Ferrari 599, and the back-half (other than the signature round tail lights) appears to have the same body features to the Nissan GT-R.
Steveodotcom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/11/2012, 10:06 AM   #29 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Camaro SS
Ace0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regularAce0526 should be considered a regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulez View Post
The gallery I linked above is still working.
My fault. I didn't notice there were more pics in that link.
Ace0526 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/12/2012, 07:51 AM   #30 (permalink)

I can't help but think of an Rx8 when I see the quarters from the side. The C3 had some pretty long quarters that extended well past the glass and ofcoarse the mid year coupes had a dome, bubble or boatail looking rear. I am hoping the rear is going to look MUCH better and hark back to the old more so when they pull off the camo and less Rx8 and BMW Z4ish.
Old 07/12/2012, 08:09 AM   #31 (permalink)
Zed oh six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveodotcom1 View Post
the front looks very similar to a Ferrari 599
This....when I was looking at it I couldn't put my finger on what it was.

Old 10/25/2012, 12:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

2014 Chevy Corvette's high-tech V8 revealed | Fox News

So at least we know now that the new Vette will still have a 6.2 for its base engine. Everywhere I have read they make a big deal of this being the base engine so I would think that means no 5.5l or joking V6 option.

It is a sorta boost friendly, at least for a n/a DI engine, 11.5:1 compression also.

Now they just need to send the designer of the rear of the car to the same place they banished those bastards that wanted to put a v6 in it.
Old 10/25/2012, 12:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
That's pathetic output for all the technology they have into it. 6.2 liters should produce no less then 500 based on the displacement achievements of other companies including GM itself, I expected this out of the 5.5. 4.0 seconds to 60 is a far cry from 3.7 contrary to what they think too.

That's it for hate though. I'm going to bet that it's even more watered down than their standard small block stuff in stock form, I am hella excited to see what happens when people get to start modding it. Even better mileage and insane NA power when the user can get rid of some of the emissions garbage and tune it. Hopefully they'll stick to their quality standards in terms of long block hardware is concerned.
Old 12/26/2012, 11:09 PM   #34 (permalink)
fuck em

looks like Jalponik was right on the money The front end looks really good, but something about the profile bothers me. The bulbous rear fenders, or the rear window that flies in the face of every Corvette design going back 30 years. I don't know what it is that bugs me, I just can't put my finger on it. But then, you get to that rear end... fucking yikes. That rear is hideous.

Note that the B&W images are the official GM docs; all colorized images are renders done by people on various forums, or magazine staffers.

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Leaks Out | Wide Open Throttle Auto
Old 12/27/2012, 10:07 AM   #35 (permalink)

The big rear fenders seem right on with the old stingrays. If the rear window curved more to meet the side windows at a rubber seal to make it look like one big piece or if the rear glass was just one big piece I think it would look more like the older stingrays.

The rear with tail lights and all for some reason reminds me of when they paint the back end black on the C5r and C6r. It is just such a contrast that shows off the flatness of the C5 rear and the invertedness of the C6. I like the C7 rear and want to see it in black on a white or yellow car.
Old 12/27/2012, 11:04 AM   #36 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Eclipse GS
Menace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by manyMenace is well-liked by many
If they would smooth out the plant shelfs along the sides and keep away from the camaro taillights it would look nicer in my opinion
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/27/2012, 01:19 PM   #37 (permalink)
fuck em

the Camaro taillights and the messy bottom half on the rear are what look like garbage to me. As for the rear fenders, I don't mean the shape as much as the sheer bulk; like the CTS coupe, the amount of sheetmetal between the wheel well and the window line just doesn't look appealing to me.
Old 01/14/2013, 10:22 AM   #38 (permalink)
Tim
Symetrical AWD

Vehicle: 2014 Subaru Forester
Tim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by all

Finally unveiled and looks pretty much what the leaks renders looked like. Overall I like it a lot more than any other "modern" Corvette, but it looks a little busy with so many vents.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2013, 10:39 AM   #39 (permalink)
Engineer Bassist

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GS
No_one21 seems to be well-liked by allNo_one21 seems to be well-liked by allNo_one21 seems to be well-liked by allNo_one21 seems to be well-liked by allNo_one21 seems to be well-liked by allNo_one21 seems to be well-liked by allNo_one21 seems to be well-liked by allNo_one21 seems to be well-liked by allNo_one21 seems to be well-liked by allNo_one21 seems to be well-liked by allNo_one21 seems to be well-liked by all
Looks like a more powerful brz/frs and it's sexy to me.
No_one21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2013, 11:13 AM   #40 (permalink)
Retrofitter

Vehicle: 03' Eclipse GS
jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via Yahoo to jstewart92
I don't like it, I prefer the C6 more. I give it kudos for being "original" though, as i can't say it looks more like any one car, just that different parts and pieces remind me of other sport/exotic cars. I certainly wouldn't call it a stingray though.

I'm a little unsure on how I feel about the interior, though there seems to be multiple options available. I want to like it, but something keeps me from liking it.

jstewart92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2013, 11:43 AM   #41 (permalink)
Pee in the sink

Vehicle: 2005 Black GTS
stylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-wide
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstewart92 View Post
I'm a little unsure on how I feel about the interior, though there seems to be multiple options available. I want to like it, but something keeps me from liking it.
I feel the same way. It's tacky as shit.
Old 01/14/2013, 12:37 PM   #42 (permalink)
fuck em

I like it MUCH more now that I can see an "in the flesh" vehicle rather than the illustrations. It's busy as hell though, no doubt about that. The rear is going to have to grow on me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstewart92 View Post
I give it kudos for being "original" though, as i can't say it looks more like any one car
no?

Old 01/14/2013, 01:32 PM   #43 (permalink)
Retrofitter

Vehicle: 03' Eclipse GS
jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via Yahoo to jstewart92
The only striking similarity between the viper and the vette is those headlights, which I must say the vette's looks much better, less blank space and a more polished look. The overall shape of the car is similar, but that's about it.
jstewart92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2013, 03:25 PM   #44 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 GT Spyder
KreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends here
I really never liked the looks of the C6, and so far don't have much love for the C7 either, although when I squint and ignore all the vulgar grills and obnoxious body appendages GM slapped onto this thing, I love the lines.

I'll reserve final judgement for when I see one in person.

The interior looks junky again. Glad they didn't stray from their old formula of embarrassingly spartan Detroit interior design.

That viper/vette comparison image has been plastered all over and I totally agree that the similarities of the front profile are borderline shameful. Not sure who copied who, but talk about lazy. It's almost as if the vette design studio sculpted the car and then was like "oh shit, this looks just like the viper! Quick, lets slap some grills, obnoxious vents, and these chin things on here to distract people from the fact we copied the shit out of this thing!"
'01 GT Spyder w/ 50,003 miles | Evo STS | RRE MTL/SynchroShift Mix | Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings | smoked corners | 18x8" SA67 knock-off wheels | Kumho Ecsta 4X 225/40 | '03 Bumper conversion | Mochi Spyder Bar | Dual Halo Single Projectors | 4300k Slim-line HID |
KreepyZeke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2013, 08:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
lit up

Vehicle: '02 mountain bike
soundman98 has a few friends heresoundman98 has a few friends heresoundman98 has a few friends heresoundman98 has a few friends heresoundman98 has a few friends heresoundman98 has a few friends heresoundman98 has a few friends heresoundman98 has a few friends heresoundman98 has a few friends here
feels way too much like the new camaro to me-- which i already didn't like the sharp edges..
soundman98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2013, 08:54 PM   #46 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Hey look, the C7 looks like the C6. The C6 looks like the C5. The C5 looks like the C4. See where I'm going with this?

I know concepts are always way more radical than the finished products for the Vette hasn't seen any REAL change in forever. I hate the latest Camaro but at least it was a great modern rendition of a legend. This is to say it's different but its definitly a Camaro. I wish GM would buck it's own trend with the Corvette, actually make it nice, do something new with the lines rather than sketching in some vents and sharpening the bevels in the fenders of the same clay block they've had on on the pedestal for that last 20 years.

I'm sure the C7 will keep most Corvette purists happy though and I imagine that was their design goal.
Old 01/15/2013, 11:17 AM   #47 (permalink)
EZT
FearIsTheMindKiller

Vehicle: 2009 370z
EZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to EZT

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted"
EZT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2013, 05:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
Lurker

Vehicle: '05 G35 coupe 6MT
ZoomZoomGT has a few friends hereZoomZoomGT has a few friends hereZoomZoomGT has a few friends hereZoomZoomGT has a few friends hereZoomZoomGT has a few friends hereZoomZoomGT has a few friends hereZoomZoomGT has a few friends hereZoomZoomGT has a few friends hereZoomZoomGT has a few friends here
After so many redesigns and new designs of exotics, you're bound to get similarities in all of them.
ZoomZoomGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2013, 07:55 PM   #49 (permalink)
fuck em

you're on crack if you think there is just a "few similarities". I dig it, but lets be real. Saying "there is nothing left to design" is a lazy excuse--and, completely false.
Old 01/15/2013, 07:59 PM   #50 (permalink)
Superbowl Bound 2013

Vehicle: Stg 1 WRX STi
Jay1 should be considered a regularJay1 should be considered a regularJay1 should be considered a regularJay1 should be considered a regularJay1 should be considered a regularJay1 should be considered a regularJay1 should be considered a regularJay1 should be considered a regularJay1 should be considered a regularJay1 should be considered a regularJay1 should be considered a regular
I think I might actually buy one of these. I love the STi but I think I want some rear wheel muscle power. I saw it on the news yesterday and I fell in love. This vette looks sexy to me.
Jay1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/16/2013, 05:53 AM   #51 (permalink)
V8 > 3G

Vehicle: racecar
skinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to skinnyGT
Badass car! Can't wait to see how the boosted version performs.

skinnyGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/16/2013, 10:22 AM   #52 (permalink)
*Photoshop Bitch*

Vehicle: 2000 GT
MCMike37 has disabled reputation
Mostly I like it, but I really think they pulled a 2000 Toyota Celica on the rear end design.
MCMike37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/16/2013, 01:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
Tim
Symetrical AWD

Vehicle: 2014 Subaru Forester
Tim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by allTim seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 View Post
I think I might actually buy one of these. I love the STi but I think I want some rear wheel muscle power. I saw it on the news yesterday and I fell in love. This vette looks sexy to me.
RWD conversion. Done.

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/16/2013, 02:05 PM   #54 (permalink)
TE
Fear my erep power

Vehicle: 00 GT/2013 Genesis
TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.TE is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via AIM to TE
I hate the rear
TE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/20/2013, 10:31 AM   #55 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GS-T
bwracing00 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to bwracing00 Send a message via Yahoo to bwracing00
they got away from the circle tail lights and that what was iconic about corvettes they always had round tails.
Custom Body Kit
18" HP evo lightning
Custom skyline taillights
Carbon Fiber interior
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b.../bwracing2.png
bwracing00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/20/2013, 04:01 PM   #56 (permalink)
fuck em

the rear is still pretty ugly, but the more videos I see of the actual car, the more I like it. REALLY like it.
Old 06/23/2013, 01:52 PM   #57 (permalink)
More guns than sense

kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.
Old 06/23/2013, 02:14 PM   #58 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT Really needs to MTFOtHEpRINCE-GT Really needs to MTFOtHEpRINCE-GT Really needs to MTFOtHEpRINCE-GT Really needs to MTFOtHEpRINCE-GT Really needs to MTFOtHEpRINCE-GT Really needs to MTFOtHEpRINCE-GT Really needs to MTFOtHEpRINCE-GT Really needs to MTFOtHEpRINCE-GT Really needs to MTFOtHEpRINCE-GT Really needs to MTFOtHEpRINCE-GT Really needs to MTFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwracing00 View Post
they got away from the circle tail lights and that what was iconic about corvettes they always had round tails.
Except for the c4. That's got square tails. My uncle has the 95 that has them and it will also have the set of 20x14 weld five spoke wheels that I told you about .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
tHEpRINCE-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/25/2013, 09:29 AM   #59 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwracing00 View Post
So were the flip-up headlights but nobody misses those. People will get over it, designs evolve toward new directions all the time.
Old 06/25/2013, 03:43 PM   #60 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
Meest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
So were the flip-up headlights but nobody misses those. People will get over it, designs evolve toward new directions all the time.
Exactly.

At first I wasn't a big fan of how busy the design looked. However, the fact that just about all of it serves a purpose is pretty great and it has grown on me over the past couple months. Now I'm just waiting to see one up close and personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStress View Post
Alright I accidentally crashed my 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse into a mountain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloosk View Post
There is no equal fail to that of the almighty Luke. :bowdown:
Meest00GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Other Automotive Discussion > Other Cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.