Custom Headlights Idea - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Photoshop Requests / Tests

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03/30/2012, 12:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
You're welcome

Vehicle: 03 Summit White GTS
KidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends here
Custom Headlights Idea

I've been thinking of new projects to possibly tackle once it warms up.
Quite frankly, I hate the shape of our headlights. So I thought maybe I'd try to change it up and give it more aggressive look.

So here's a Photoshop of what I'm picturing in my head: (My PS skills are pretty basic, bare with me)

The inside projector is more forward than the outer one. Also removed the fog light opening, widened the grill opening a little and threw projector fogs in there instead.

Any thoughts? Positive or negative. Feel free to say it's not do-able and shoot down my hopes and dreams in the process.
Personally, I love the way it looks

(Original photograph by Jacob, more picture of his car can be found here.)
KidKobe210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03/30/2012, 05:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
Eh... it's different. Not sure if I like the foglight idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/30/2012, 07:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Eclipse GS
Menace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by all
I like the look of your headlight idea
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/30/2012, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Vroom Psshh

Vehicle: 03' Eclipse GS
jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via Yahoo to jstewart92
There's my boot! (headlight)
jstewart92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/30/2012, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Protect this house

Vehicle: Yes
ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.
So pretty much dual projectors and removing the fog light area for and even bigger catfish mouth? I like the headlight idea not the bumper changes
ccarrillo717 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/30/2012, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Vroom Psshh

jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
I toyed with the dual projector idea for a little while... it's very possible but doing it how you want would require quite a bit of modification... I have a spare Sonar shroud (not the housing, not the lens, the part with the design) and at least 1 pair of sonar projectors I could sell, if you really plan to do the headlight thing.
Old 03/30/2012, 05:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
t3h Raven

Vehicle: MazdaSpeed3
R¥N has a few friends hereR¥N has a few friends hereR¥N has a few friends hereR¥N has a few friends hereR¥N has a few friends hereR¥N has a few friends hereR¥N has a few friends hereR¥N has a few friends hereR¥N has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to R¥N
I like the headlight look. Pretty much you can get that cover with some vinyl decals that are floating around somewhere for our cars.
R¥N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/30/2012, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Vroom Psshh

Our cars need an eyelid more like the ones sold for the 4g, a fiberglass/plastic eyelid, color matched to the car... The problem with our lights is that we have weatherstripping all around the light, which breaks up the flow..

Old 03/30/2012, 06:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.
i like the concept..but i see in both ur idea, and the 4g eyelid..its creating lines out of nowhere...if ur gonna extend the hood any or make the light smaller..it should be from corner to corner, where the hood meets the headlight, both at the top and down by the bumper..make any sense?

3000gt owners tried this..made a pretty cool "angry eye mod"... by added metal to the hood that overlapped the headlight slighlty...
youtube.com/oxsmoothxo

Go check out my music
SmoothGt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/30/2012, 09:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GS
ADRIENNE : who are you?ADRIENNE : who are you?ADRIENNE : who are you?ADRIENNE : who are you?ADRIENNE : who are you?
I like the idea. Maybe you can open up the grill a little and make it a little similar to the way the evos grill is. That might add a little more aggression.
ADRIENNE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/31/2012, 12:25 AM   #11 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 TJ
Meest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFO
I don't mind it too much, maybe you could achieve a very similar look for the foglights by blacking out the bumper there as well. Somewhat like how some of the newer mitsu facia have done. Even in the "Ralliart" 4G Concept if I recall correctly

Edit:
Not exactly the same.
http://carreleasepicture.com/wp-cont...11-Concept.jpg

But if you extended out the blacked out area, maybe. However it could also look pretty awful as well.

Quote:
Alright I accidentally crashed my 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse into a mountain.
Quote:
There is no equal fail to that of the almighty Luke. :bowdown:

Last edited by Meest00GT; 03/31/2012 at 12:28 AM.
Meest00GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/31/2012, 02:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Shit happens...

ToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends hereToqirM has a few friends here
I love eyelids that are molded along with the hood. To me it looks awkward when there's a gap between the eyelid and the hood. I like the look of the headlights in that pic.

ToqirM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/31/2012, 02:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.

here u can see the 3000 gt angry eye mod, essentially eyelids molded to the hood to overlap the headlights..to give it all a new look..
youtube.com/oxsmoothxo

Go check out my music
SmoothGt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/31/2012, 02:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Rickahlack831 can pretty much be considered an idiot by all
dude thats your car looks insane...man i want that 03-04 bumper conversion on my car too
Rickahlack831 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/31/2012, 03:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Giggity

Vehicle: 2007 GT500 Shelby Cobra
RicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be newRicoSmooth - if you don't know me, you must be new
I'd rock the fck outta it.
RicoSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/31/2012, 07:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

Vehicle: 04 Lexus IS300
tauzins : who are you?tauzins : who are you?tauzins : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to tauzins Send a message via MSN to tauzins Send a message via Yahoo to tauzins Send a message via Skype™ to tauzins
i would personally also add onto the fender then... b/c if not the design of your headlight would look hella weird

tauzins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/01/2012, 08:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Vehicle: YOUR MOM
rsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to rsingh12
DO IT!!!

rsingh12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/01/2012, 11:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 GT
CrimsonGT is well-liked by manyCrimsonGT is well-liked by manyCrimsonGT is well-liked by manyCrimsonGT is well-liked by manyCrimsonGT is well-liked by manyCrimsonGT is well-liked by manyCrimsonGT is well-liked by manyCrimsonGT is well-liked by manyCrimsonGT is well-liked by manyCrimsonGT is well-liked by manyCrimsonGT is well-liked by many
I've played with the eyelid idea before in the past. Not so much on the front grill area.

Unless you have a lip kit to compliment the looks, the eyelids will look ridiculous on a stock bodied car.

CrimsonGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/02/2012, 05:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
gomer3G Really needs to MTFOgomer3G Really needs to MTFOgomer3G Really needs to MTFOgomer3G Really needs to MTFOgomer3G Really needs to MTFOgomer3G Really needs to MTFOgomer3G Really needs to MTFOgomer3G Really needs to MTFOgomer3G Really needs to MTFOgomer3G Really needs to MTFOgomer3G Really needs to MTFO
Send a message via Yahoo to gomer3G
i think a good eyelid would be one that follows the body line of the hood.
Old 04/02/2012, 10:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

countryboy777 : who are you?
Hell this look very good!

Gives it a new look that should have been put onto the car from the beggining. The wide grill only compliments the eyelids.

Now here's what we would need for this to become a reality. No way in hell would I put a vinyl sticker on the headlight.

Someone needs to manufacture a hood, front bumper and headlight that would fit this design cleanly.
It's not impossible, but how much this could end up costing could really change many peoples mindset.

Overall, I think it should be instead of ought to be...
countryboy777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/02/2012, 10:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
fuck em

Vehicle: TT Z
Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
guess it's just me, but I think that looks incredibly dumb. I don't mean that offensively, it just looks exceptionally out of place. Plus I can't stand silly body mods like that. Obviously I'm in the minority though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy777 View Post
Someone needs to manufacture a hood, front bumper and headlight that would fit this design cleanly.
el oh el. Yeah, that's never going to happen.
Old 04/04/2012, 12:20 PM   #22 (permalink)

countryboy777 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post

el oh el. Yeah, that's never going to happen.

True....

I guess I got over my head there
countryboy777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/04/2012, 02:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
GET CATS GET CASH

Vehicle: 2011 mk6 Jetta
treehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by all
I like the look of the headlight. The bumper would need some extreme modding to make it look good though

Cool car in the pic!

~

treehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/04/2012, 02:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
guess it's just me, but I think that looks incredibly dumb. I don't mean that offensively, it just looks exceptionally out of place.
QFT

|
|
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/29/2013, 07:28 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quinnsack : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothGt View Post
i like the concept..but i see in both ur idea, and the 4g eyelid..its creating lines out of nowhere...if ur gonna extend the hood any or make the light smaller..it should be from corner to corner, where the hood meets the headlight, both at the top and down by the bumper..make any sense?
i agree that hes creating lines but hes also taking away the very ugly lines that our headlights have haha but this eyelid does start as being a part of the hood and i think that this is a very good idea/project that should be followed through with because this has the potential to succeed where this supra failed

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5325/topsecretnn.jpg

rock on and be unique .. just not TOO unique to were things get just plain fugly lol

Last edited by Quinnsack; 01/29/2013 at 07:31 AM.
Quinnsack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/05/2013, 08:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GS-T
bwracing00 : who are you?bwracing00 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to bwracing00 Send a message via Yahoo to bwracing00
a russian member molded his like a skyline style
Custom Body Kit
18" HP evo lightning
Custom skyline taillights
Carbon Fiber interior

bwracing00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/19/2015, 04:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
Stocker

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GS
Chipmunkk seems to be okayChipmunkk seems to be okayChipmunkk seems to be okayChipmunkk seems to be okayChipmunkk seems to be okayChipmunkk seems to be okay
Hey, wondering if anyone actually did this?
Chipmunkk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/09/2015, 11:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2 cars that arent 3g's
Davids00 : who are you?Davids00 : who are you?Davids00 : who are you?Davids00 : who are you?Davids00 : who are you?
I'm kinda wondering the same thing. It is a cool idea.
Davids00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/11/2015, 08:38 AM   #29 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2012 Lancer Sportback GT
Jamicakes : who are you?
I have a 2013 Outlander ES, a 2012 Lancer Sportback and now a 2003 Eclipse. I love the wider scoop. One thing that made me fall in love with the Mitsubishi is the front end of my Outlander. It looks evil. The Lancer mimics it. To incorporate something like that into the grill would be awesome. I am in love with your concept and I completely agree. The lights and hood line need a more aggressive stance or the ability to modify to one.
Jamicakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/23/2016, 02:13 AM   #30 (permalink)

dvd_cedeno : who are you?
Hey I am writing you because I tried sending you a message. Did you get my message?
dvd_cedeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/24/2016, 08:52 AM   #31 (permalink)
Willful Aspirer

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS
gabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regulargabessdsp should be considered a regular
Send a message via Skype™ to gabessdsp
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_cedeno View Post
Hey I am writing you because I tried sending you a message. Did you get my message?
who are you writing? OP? It has been over a year since he's been on.

|
gabessdsp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Photoshop Requests / Tests

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Random Question