Heater only blowing warm air out of 2 vents - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11/23/2007, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

SlowEclipse : who are you?
Heater only blowing warm air out of 2 vents

Well....last year heater was working fine , but today it only blows warm air out of 2 passenger side vents. Cold air blows out of the 2 driver side vents. I switched to defrost and same thing; driver side will blow cold air and passenger side warm air. I searched other posts but couldnt find how to fix this specific problem. I will try the funnel method to bleed cooling system....it just seems unusual that only half of the vents would work and the other half wouldnt. I also looked at the service manual , but I couldnt figure out if there was some type of lever that would seperate pasenger and driver side of vents. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
SlowEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11/23/2007, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
blend door problem, check out the online fsm.
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/20/2010, 11:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Zip Tie God

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GS
ihasfip : who are you?
My car is doing the exact same thing. 03 GS. I read through the FSM on the cooling and heating portion, and didn't seem to find what I was looking for. Would someone care to point me in the right direction. Thanks,

D
ihasfip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/20/2010, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Vehicle: 2001 spyder gs
scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
blend door problem, check out the online fsm.
not always.

usually this is caused by the heater core getting clogged on the "low" side (the driver's side is the low side of the heater core). there are a few threads about it, and one just slightly below this one.

99% of the time, that is cause of THIS type of problem (where 2 vents are cold, and 2 are hot). usually if they ALL don't get hot, that is the blend door. (it is just the way the eclipse is built.)

you got questions? we got answers: http://tearstone.com/shop/Factory-Service-Manuals/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00JStew3G View Post
If you want it done right, follow scarr's advice 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
scarr's right
scarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/19/2011, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: RIP: 03 GT 5-speed
3Gspeed : who are you?3Gspeed : who are you?3Gspeed : who are you?3Gspeed : who are you?3Gspeed : who are you?
Ok, I searched, bump on an old thread, My 03 gt is doing this now, after sitting for a week while i replaced all the engine mounts, didnt do it before, all cold air out the driver side. So its either blend door (idk know what this is) or most likely a clog on the low side of the heater core. How do i get this fixed, what would it entail?

Edit: I also drained my radiator and cooling system, flushed it, and refilled it, that was about a month ago, didnt have any problems after that, just after this past week the car sat

Last edited by 3Gspeed; 04/19/2011 at 12:49 PM.
3Gspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/19/2011, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fuck salt.

Vehicle: 2005 Race Camry
JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via AIM to JermTheElf Send a message via Skype™ to JermTheElf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Gspeed View Post
Ok, I searched, bump on an old thread, My 03 gt is doing this now, after sitting for a week while i replaced all the engine mounts, didnt do it before, all cold air out the driver side. So its either blend door (idk know what this is) or most likely a clog on the low side of the heater core. How do i get this fixed, what would it entail?

Edit: I also drained my radiator and cooling system, flushed it, and refilled it, that was about a month ago, didnt have any problems after that, just after this past week the car sat
Before going nuts with the heater core, I'd make sure your cooling system is all alright considering you did do work on it, and it could've leaked somewhere. Make sure your radiator is totally full and that there's no air in the system.

You can enjoy your straightaways; I prefer the turns.
JermTheElf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/19/2011, 01:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

3Gspeed : who are you?3Gspeed : who are you?3Gspeed : who are you?3Gspeed : who are you?3Gspeed : who are you?
I put a mix into the coolant of some radiator sealant and filled it to the top so..... If there is air in the system how would i check for it and get it out?

Edit: Reading more threads with people having the problem, i guess i could see the heater core getting clogged, if the car sat for a week with the front end up on stands all the junk in it settling to the bottom corner. ill have to check it as a last resort

Last edited by 3Gspeed; 04/19/2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04/19/2011, 01:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
put the front of the car up and run the engine till hot and the fans come on a couple times with the cap off. that should bleed air out of the system. fill the radiator up as the level drops, put the cap on when the level has stopped moving, and top the coolant resivoir. let it cool off and see how it goes.
Nvm, found it, I'll try this and see if it works
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.