Overfilled AC, how to discharge? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06/05/2008, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
"Suck my unit"

Vehicle: ...coming soon
TSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regular
Overfilled AC, how to discharge?

Its hot over here, my AC wasn't as cold as it use to be, and I was desperate so I pulled out one can of R134 out of my garage and hooked it up to my car. I filled it up, everythign seemed perfect (had AC on high while car running) and it was actually really cold. I was all happy....only lasted a minute though. As I went to drive and pick up my bro from school I heard this insane weird ass noise and I shut off my AC. Now everytime I turn it on it'll be cold for a little while then it would just be cool. Im pretty sure I overfilled the AC lines slightly since I didn't have a gauge on me, only the hose. Wheres the valve to discharge some freon?
Advertisement

Old 06/05/2008, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ah yes...

Vehicle: 00 GT RIPP STG.3 & EVO X
Clipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wide
Send a message via AIM to Clipse3GT Send a message via MSN to Clipse3GT
It on the passenger side. The metal/aluminum lines that run somewhere by the passenger motor mount there is a line with a black cap. All you do is get a screw driver, take off the cap, and release the gas. There is a release / charge valve there, press on it with a screw driver. Be sure you do it in a ventilated area, and you cover the hand holding the screw driver in a glove or rag. Wear some eye protection. Then get a gauge and measure that you have proper operating pressure.
Clipse3GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/05/2008, 06:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mitsubishi?

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse GT
Project500 : who are you?
A/C work is always fun!
I remember back in the day, I was putting an R-12 alternative in my truck I had at the time and read the lovely warning on the back of the can, that simply stated, "Inhalation of product may cause instantaneous death without warning."
Project500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/05/2008, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
"Suck my unit"

TSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regularTSI27 should be considered a regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipse3GT View Post
It on the passenger side. The metal/aluminum lines that run somewhere by the passenger motor mount there is a line with a black cap. All you do is get a screw driver, take off the cap, and release the gas. There is a release / charge valve there, press on it with a screw driver. Be sure you do it in a ventilated area, and you cover the hand holding the screw driver in a glove or rag. Wear some eye protection. Then get a gauge and measure that you have proper operating pressure.
Which one, the High or Low? Im guessing Low since you said the charge valve? Also should I do this with the AC running or off?
Old 06/05/2008, 09:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 GTS 3.6L 6g74
GSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okay
Turn the a/c off!!!
I would let the car sit a while and cool off. The pressures will equalize.

When you are over charged pressure on the high side can get over 300 lbs. so please be carefull.

If you were to let the high side loose on your hand it would burn you pretty bad.

Next time just add in small amounts and watch a temp gauge stuck in the center dash vent. Let the gauge have time to adjust. I usually try to get the temp around 45 out of the center vent and then go drive it at a decent speed. Within 5 minutes with ram air across the condensor you should get near 40 deg. You will be able to watch it swing back and fourth from like 38 - 40 as the compressor kicks on and off.
GSXROFDFW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/05/2008, 09:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 GTS 3.6L 6g74
GSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okay
Low Side BTW
GSXROFDFW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/05/2008, 10:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
"Suck my unit"

Well I let out some freon from the Low side with the car off, it came out as a gas stage. Then I turned on the car and let out a little more until I started seeing small bubbles/liquid freon spitting out and everythings working perfect. Thanks for the help guys, + e-rep for both
Old 06/06/2008, 10:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Ah yes...

Vehicle: 00 GT RIPP STG.3 & EVO X
Clipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wide
Send a message via AIM to Clipse3GT Send a message via MSN to Clipse3GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI27 View Post
Well I let out some freon from the Low side with the car off, it came out as a gas stage. Then I turned on the car and let out a little more until I started seeing small bubbles/liquid freon spitting out and everythings working perfect. Thanks for the help guys, + e-rep for both
It is not liquid freon that you saw. Its actually oil the lubes the A/C system and mainly the pump. So don't let a lot of it out. Otherwise you might get premature failure. But I'm sure you let mostly the gas out.
Clipse3GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.