EGR pipe... help! - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08/28/2008, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
groundhog destroyer

Vehicle: 2001 eclipse GT
raptor_magnum : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to raptor_magnum Send a message via Yahoo to raptor_magnum
EGR pipe... help!

I searched, but I didn't see the exact answer I was looking for.

I recently changed my spark plugs and wires, my car is running much better. My problem is that there is exhaust coming out of where the EGR pipe connects to the intake plenum ( im pretty sure it needs a new gasket). I read about deleting the EGR, but I did not see if the breather is supposed to be attached to the intake plenum, or on the tube its self.

If I were to leave it how it is now, w/ exhaust leaking out is it going to damage my engine? I cannot risk any damage, i lost my job and i have no money so buying anything beyond that breather or a new gasket is totally out of the question.

FYI- My GT is stock, but in the future I would like to get headers and some other goodies, possibly go FI. Bear that in mind when you give me an answer on which option I should do. And yes I am a car noob!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
raptor_magnum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08/28/2008, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Vehicle: '13 Wrx
Tx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wide
Keep the EGR. If you can't tighten it, toss in a new gasket.

isn't it a damn pain getting that thing bolted in? Heh.
Old 08/28/2008, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
groundhog destroyer

Vehicle: 2001 eclipse GT
raptor_magnum : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to raptor_magnum Send a message via Yahoo to raptor_magnum
Yep, it was a bigger pain in the ass for me because this was the first thing ive ever done to a car by myself. I changed the valve cover gaskets, tube seals, plugs and wires... and i can say for sure that it was much much harder than my book and the walk-through on this site showed.
raptor_magnum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/19/2008, 10:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Original

Vehicle: Subaru Legacy
Drew : who are you?Drew : who are you?Drew : who are you?Drew : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Drew
what is the name or part number for the gasket for that tube? Advance Auto can't seem to figure out what I'm talking about. though it looks a lot like a simple egr valve gasket for a 99 ...
Old 10/20/2008, 04:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
R.i.p Silverside

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Srt-4
SlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okay
The next time you goto autozone pick up the ratcheting wrench with the swivel head. its 10 bux and really good for that area.

Fs:Magnaflow Caback (Cali Spec).
SlowRyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.