Transmission Slipping - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05/13/2009, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Spitfirebt : who are you?
Exclamation Transmission Slipping

Last night i decided to drive fast in my 03 gt auto w/ 66k . I got it up to 70 in 2nd gear and then stopped accelerating and shifted to 3rd then 4th and stopped at a stop sign. When i tried going i got nothing. My car will only move when i rev it up to 1.5k - 2k and then it will catch and jerk alittle. When my car is moving and when it shifts to the next gear its slips a couple of times then goes into the next gear. It does this everything it shifts into a higher gear. After a while driving like this the car will put itself into limp mode with the neutral light flashing and stuck in 3rd. The SES light came on and i got the codes p0734 and p0733 both 3rd and 4th gear ratio incorrect? I was wondering if anyone had the same problem and what would the possible solution would be. I have had 2 transmission shops says its prob internal and that i would need a rebuild.
Spitfirebt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05/13/2009, 07:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfirebt View Post
Last night i decided to drive fast in my 03 gt auto w/ 66k . I got it up to 70 in 2nd gear and then stopped accelerating and shifted to 3rd then 4th and stopped at a stop sign. When i tried going i got nothing. My car will only move when i rev it up to 1.5k - 2k and then it will catch and jerk alittle. When my car is moving and when it shifts to the next gear its slips a couple of times then goes into the next gear. It does this everything it shifts into a higher gear. After a while driving like this the car will put itself into limp mode with the neutral light flashing and stuck in 3rd. The SES light came on and i got the codes p0734 and p0733 both 3rd and 4th gear ratio incorrect? I was wondering if anyone had the same problem and what would the possible solution would be. I have had 2 transmission shops says its prob internal and that i would need a rebuild.
they may be correct, is the fluid burnt of heavily discolored?
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/13/2009, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

no the fluid is fine
Old 05/13/2009, 08:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Vehicle: 2001 spyder gs
scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
a friend of mine had the same symptoms, and it turned out it was his torque converter. (coincidentally it was right after bashing the tranny from stop to fast and back then fast again...street racing like and idiot from light to light).
scarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/13/2009, 08:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
tough call, but it does sound like its slipping mechanically for some reason. it could be something minor or not.
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/13/2009, 09:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
passport applied for

Vehicle: 03 spyder gts
tomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by many
my c4 in my mustang did that but it was something in the pressure/ pump.
swapped it for a 5spd oh yeah"
tomsoutdoor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/13/2009, 11:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Vehicle: 2001 GT, 2009 Mazda 6
badsin seems to be okaybadsin seems to be okaybadsin seems to be okaybadsin seems to be okaybadsin seems to be okaybadsin seems to be okay
Not enough pressure is being accumulated for whatever reason. Most likely it's your pump.
badsin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2009, 02:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hey i was just wondering if there is anything i can check on the tranny before i send it to a shop
Old 05/14/2009, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
very nice, how much?

Vehicle: 01 GT, 91 GSX, 03 EVO
captain2k5 should be considered a regularcaptain2k5 should be considered a regularcaptain2k5 should be considered a regularcaptain2k5 should be considered a regularcaptain2k5 should be considered a regularcaptain2k5 should be considered a regularcaptain2k5 should be considered a regularcaptain2k5 should be considered a regularcaptain2k5 should be considered a regularcaptain2k5 should be considered a regularcaptain2k5 should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to captain2k5 Send a message via MSN to captain2k5
mine had the exact same problem. stuck in 3rd gear with neutral flashing. i brought to the dealership, they replaced the "speed sensors" and everything has been fine since then.
captain2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2009, 04:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Vehicle: 2001 GT, 2009 Mazda 6
badsin seems to be okaybadsin seems to be okaybadsin seems to be okaybadsin seems to be okaybadsin seems to be okaybadsin seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain2k5 View Post
mine had the exact same problem. stuck in 3rd gear with neutral flashing. i brought to the dealership, they replaced the "speed sensors" and everything has been fine since then.
That's definitely not the same problem.
badsin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/15/2009, 09:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Vehicle: 01 Gt
Black_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okay
Sounds like a torque converter to me too.
Black_out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/30/2012, 02:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Coyne : who are you?
hey, im having the same problem with my car. My tranny has a half an inch hole in it and if your lucky they can re-build your tranny..if not you'll have to get a new one. -thanks
Coyne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/17/2013, 03:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Foolin : who are you?
My car just did this to me last night! jerkin all over the place, slammin into gears, flashing neutral, the whole bit! i parked it and dont plan on moving it. so far i have come up with Torque converter, speed sensors, rebuild, replace, pump, or fluid issues.... i have no idea whats wrong with mine specifically but my issue is getting my tranny out of my car so i can do what i gotta do. can anyone direct me to resources i can use to remove my (Auto, 3.0) Transmission????? i want to fix this thing and FAST.
Foolin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Tags
p0734, slipping, transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.