Is there another name.... - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04/04/2010, 02:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 00 GT
dbarr : who are you?
Question Is there another name....

I am having problems with my heat blowing out cold on the driver side. I searched but all I have come up with is the blend door. When I look at the Service Manual I don't see anything that refers to a blend door. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot or maybe it is called something else. I have found how the dash can be removed in the manual but I'm not sure where the "blend door" would be, or if I even need to remove the dash to get to it

Thanks for any and all help.
dbarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04/04/2010, 04:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Suk me balls

Vehicle: Maxima SE 6spd Manual
raz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by all
The blend door is under the dash, like in the middle. The dash would have to be removed to access it. Here it is on my Galant but on yours will look the same and be in the same spot.

Old 04/04/2010, 04:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

WOW...more work than I anticipated. I supposed I will get to it on my next weekend off. Have any idea where I could pick that particular part up?

Thanks
Old 04/04/2010, 04:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Suk me balls

raz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by all
I think your blend door might just be stuck, not damaged to where it needs replacing. The bland door controls when heat should come out or cold. Most likely it's stock on cold and you have to physically get unstuck with your hand, maybe access the cord that turns the blend door by hand and not with the knob, save you all that work.

Last edited by raz_76; 04/04/2010 at 04:38 AM.
raz_76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/04/2010, 05:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Shut up.

Vehicle: 2007 Infiniti G35X
wright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends here
Send a message via MSN to wright06jhs
Well the same thing is going on with the 2000 GT pictured in my avatar. The blend option is working perfectly and always has. I'm thinking the heater core may be partially clogged. It didn't start doing it until i changed the heater core hoses due to them leaking and done a coolant flush on the car.

My Ride

G35Driver
wright06jhs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/04/2010, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Vehicle: 2001 spyder gs
scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by wright06jhs View Post
Well the same thing is going on with the 2000 GT pictured in my avatar. The blend option is working perfectly and always has. I'm thinking the heater core may be partially clogged. It didn't start doing it until i changed the heater core hoses due to them leaking and done a coolant flush on the car.
yep, that has been the cause many a time. the way our heatercore is designed, and mounted, it allows the unit to fill with crap, and clog, starting with the driver's side. if you keep going, in a few months you will loose the passenger's side heat too.

a blend door issue wouldn't make just one side cold, and the other hot.

but the heater core, is not much easier to replace than the blend door... you have a big job either way.

you got questions? we got answers: http://tearstone.com/shop/Factory-Service-Manuals/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00JStew3G View Post
If you want it done right, follow scarr's advice 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
scarr's right
scarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/05/2010, 04:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

In the How to: cold/hot air in vents post (Eclipse Garage, Maintenance section). The writer says to have the car running when you pull the plug to drain the radiator (Says not to use 50/50 mix when adding coolant because there is water in the block already). My initial thought would be everything would drain while the plug is out. Is this correct or is my train of thought off on this one?

Thanks
Old 04/05/2010, 05:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Shut up.

wright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr View Post
yep, that has been the cause many a time. the way our heatercore is designed, and mounted, it allows the unit to fill with crap, and clog, starting with the driver's side. if you keep going, in a few months you will loose the passenger's side heat too.

a blend door issue wouldn't make just one side cold, and the other hot.

but the heater core, is not much easier to replace than the blend door... you have a big job either way.
I wonder if i take the heater core hoses back off, and flush the heater core if it would save the heater core? For example: If the flow of coolant goes IN the top hose and OUT through the bottom. I could Run water through the BOTTOM hose and flush it out backwards from the regular flow. May not be possible but i was just thinking.
Because it didnt start this until i flushed the cooling system itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarr View Post
In the How to: cold/hot air in vents post (Eclipse Garage, Maintenance section). The writer says to have the car running when you pull the plug to drain the radiator (Says not to use 50/50 mix when adding coolant because there is water in the block already). My initial thought would be everything would drain while the plug is out. Is this correct or is my train of thought off on this one?

Thanks
How can it? The radiator hose's are mounted higher then the block itself in the engine bay. There's no way for it to drain up.

My Ride

G35Driver

Last edited by wright06jhs; 04/05/2010 at 05:04 AM.
Old 04/05/2010, 08:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
dbarr. you would still (and always) add 50/50. what would still be in the car would be 50/50 and if you add anything OTHER than 50/50, you will make what is left over, be NOT 50/50. think about it. if you 100 red m&m's, and 100 green m&m's in a bowl, and want to have a total of 400 m&m's but still have the ratio be 50/50.. you add equal amount red, and green.

wright06jhs, technically what you propose is possible, but it will still just go past the bockage. the problem is the heater core allows for the water to get past the bockage, thus not forcing it to clean itself out. the good news is you can pretty much clog 90% of it, and the coolant will still flow... just not give you any heat.

you got questions? we got answers: http://tearstone.com/shop/Factory-Service-Manuals/
Quote:
Quote:
scarr's right
Old 04/05/2010, 12:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Vehicle: 01 Gt
Black_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okay
^^ Scarr are you saying to use 50/50 when he fills the coolant back up or NOT to use 50/50? I'm confused on what you're saying because he needs to use straight coolant when he fills it.

Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhaust gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveodotcom1 View Post
Money can buy you a race car, but money can't buy you the skill to race it.
Black_out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/05/2010, 12:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

sorry, i am saying YES use 50/50.

if you have 50/50 and lets say you have 50% of you coolant drained, and you fill it with straight coolant, you end up with a 75/25 mix. you add in the same proportion to keep the proportions level.

if i have 1 red m&m and 1 green m&m, and i add 2 green m&m's i do not magically get a 50/50 blend. i would have 3 green, and one red, thus 75/25. you need to add the same amount of coolant as water. thus 1 green and 1 red, so you have 2 green and 2 red.

Quote:
Quote:
scarr's right
Old 04/05/2010, 03:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Suk me balls

When you pull the plug on the bottom of the radiator, it will not drain all the coolant. The proper way to do it, is to remove the upper hose from radiator, stick the garden hose in the radiator, turn the water on. Let the water run until you don't see any more coolant coming out and only clean water. Now refill and burp the line.That's how you flush the radiator.
Old 04/05/2010, 03:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Shut up.

Quote:
wright06jhs, technically what you propose is possible, but it will still just go past the bockage. the problem is the heater core allows for the water to get past the bockage, thus not forcing it to clean itself out. the good news is you can pretty much clog 90% of it, and the coolant will still flow... just not give you any heat.
Thanks, Either way i know its going to be a bitch to fix.

My Ride

G35Driver
Old 04/05/2010, 03:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Vehicle: 01 Gt
Black_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okay
Quote:
sorry, i am saying YES use 50/50.

if you have 50/50 and lets say you have 50% of you coolant drained, and you fill it with straight coolant, you end up with a 75/25 mix. you add in the same proportion to keep the proportions level.

if i have 1 red m&m and 1 green m&m, and i add 2 green m&m's i do not magically get a 50/50 blend. i would have 3 green, and one red, thus 75/25. you need to add the same amount of coolant as water. thus 1 green and 1 red, so you have 2 green and 2 red.
If he's ONLY flushing the radiator than yes he can use 50/50, but if he's flushing the whole cooling system he needs to use 100% coolant.

Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhaust gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveodotcom1 View Post
Money can buy you a race car, but money can't buy you the skill to race it.
Black_out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.