AC light flashes on and off - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05/17/2010, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brilliant!

04MitsuMac : who are you?
AC light flashes on and off

Im having an issue with the AC light flashing either when I have the A/C on or when I turn defrost on even with A/C off... any ideas
Black 5 piece Grillcraft
Sonar black single halo projectors
Black TYC tails
20% all around
Megan Short Shifter

COMING SOON

Full WW kit custom painted
04MitsuMac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05/17/2010, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Vehicle: 2001 spyder gs
scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04MitsuMac View Post
Im having an issue with the AC light flashing either when I have the A/C on or when I turn defrost on even with A/C off... any ideas
RTF. that flash means something is very wrong with your AC system. take it to a shop. AC is not something you mess around with, inhaling that which is in the system can kill you, and ANY parts you break, accidentally, can prove very expensive. (FYI, your defrost uses the AC, that is why it is flashing too)

you got questions? we got answers: http://tearstone.com/shop/Factory-Service-Manuals/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00JStew3G View Post
If you want it done right, follow scarr's advice 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
scarr's right
scarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/17/2010, 11:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brilliant!

04MitsuMac : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr View Post
RTF. that flash means something is very wrong with your AC system. take it to a shop. AC is not something you mess around with, inhaling that which is in the system can kill you, and ANY parts you break, accidentally, can prove very expensive. (FYI, your defrost uses the AC, that is why it is flashing too)
Well it only does it when its raining, especially when I get in with wet clothes after raid on a humid day.... any other time it runs perfectly fine
Black 5 piece Grillcraft
Sonar black single halo projectors
Black TYC tails
20% all around
Megan Short Shifter

COMING SOON

Full WW kit custom painted
04MitsuMac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/18/2010, 12:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
My Opinion Matters!

Vehicle: 00 Eclipse-Sold, 97 Tahoe
Gvieweclipse : who are you?Gvieweclipse : who are you?Gvieweclipse : who are you?Gvieweclipse : who are you?
Take it to a shop.....
Gvieweclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/23/2010, 02:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
1 Soul for 1 Eclipse

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GT
Faust : who are you?
My 02 GT does this too, but will reset itself after the car is turned off. The problem is, driving around town I'll have good, cold A/C for four blocks then it starts flashing and goes warm. So I coast, kill the car, restart it, then I have air for another couple blocks then do it again. The belt is new and it hasnt rained in a week. The current temp is 89. This is really ticking me off.

Faust sells his soul to the Devil to get what he desires.
2002 Eclipse GT 5-speed. 4th gen 18's, Magnaflow Exhaust, 20% tint, Rockford Fosgate system
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/24/2010, 12:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Low Carb

idnc needs to be reminded to breathe.
My air conditioning wouldn't go on and the green light was flashing after a servicing. Took it back to them and it turned out to be a plug that they forgot to reconnect. They were able to access the plug from underneath the car when it was on the lift.
idnc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/24/2010, 10:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: 00 eclipse gs
polaris91 : who are you?
look in here they have something listed about tthis my gfs car is doing the same thing

Technical Service Bulletins & Recalls
polaris91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/25/2010, 05:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Boobs!? WHERE!?!

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse 3.5L GT
Solar Klipse : who are you?Solar Klipse : who are you?Solar Klipse : who are you?Solar Klipse : who are you?
Alright guys, let me tell you what the flashing light means. When it flashes, it means that there is either a high pressure or low pressure condition in the A/C Compressor... I tested this theory myself. For instance, if your belt/pulley gets wet while going through a puddle or something and causes it to slip, it may cause a low or high pressure condition causing the A/C ECU to shut down the compressor. The light could signify other things, but I'm pretty sure that is the root cause. Usually tightening the belt fixes the problem. Hope that helps.
You Got Electrical Questions? I've Got Answers!

6G72/74 Engine Swap
ECU Reflash/Tune (Courtesy of TX4Codeman)
AEM V2 CAI
RPW Long Tube Headers
KYB AGX Shocks
Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
EBC Slotted Rotors
Stoptech SS Brake Lines
F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch
F1 Racing Lightened Flywheel
Ingalls Stiffy Engine Damper
Solar Klipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/25/2010, 02:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Um... Yeah!?

Vehicle: 2006 Acura TL
Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via ICQ to Glenn Send a message via AIM to Glenn Send a message via MSN to Glenn Send a message via Yahoo to Glenn
There could be any number of things that causes the A/C light to flash. I recently had to replace almost everything in my A/C system after the light began to flash, and the A/C stopped working.

Basically, you won't really know what's wrong until you take it to a mechanic that you can trust.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/27/2010, 11:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
R.i.p Silverside

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Srt-4
SlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okay
Would you look at that...... the fsm has a section dedicated to this problem with step by step instructions. Grab your multimeter

The A/C indicator flashes . Group 55-16

Fs:Magnaflow Caback (Cali Spec).
SlowRyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/27/2010, 03:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GTS
evazquezcu is similar to TE
Very simple, you wondering why is flashing particular when is raining right?, your drive belt is loose and when it get wet lose wrap with the pulley and then your ligh star flashing, just replace your belt and that will be the end of your problem.
evazquezcu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/27/2010, 03:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GTS
evazquezcu is similar to TE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Klipse View Post
Alright guys, let me tell you what the flashing light means. When it flashes, it means that there is either a high pressure or low pressure condition in the A/C Compressor... I tested this theory myself. For instance, if your belt/pulley gets wet while going through a puddle or something and causes it to slip, it may cause a low or high pressure condition causing the A/C ECU to shut down the compressor. The light could signify other things, but I'm pretty sure that is the root cause. Usually tightening the belt fixes the problem. Hope that helps.
evazquezcu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/27/2010, 03:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse gt auto
00gtnatelaros : who are you?
mine did the same thing turned off the car for awhile checked everything an started it up then ac on everything was ok but for your issue take it to the shop if it blinks crazy like that
00gtnatelaros is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/06/2010, 07:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
702GT

Vehicle: 00 eclipse gt
702gt can pretty much be considered an idiot by all
i just got that fixed it took me various trips to diferent shops and i fixed myself ,,,, all the rpoblem was the relay for the ac ,i spent like $15 i got the relay at dealership hope that fixes your problem ,,i spent like $400 replacing the compresor and recharging theope it works good luck ac h
702gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/08/2010, 03:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

Dennis F : who are you?
Any chance you have a part number for that relay? I am in the middle of the same crap right now.
87 grand National
Dennis F is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/15/2010, 04:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
NEXT....

Vehicle: Debating next project
bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
Send a message via AIM to bgdakid
The other day I was driving and it starts pooring rain and guess what happens. Yep Blinky blinky. i say

+1 to wet pulley theory
bgdakid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/17/2010, 09:13 AM   #17 (permalink)

Dennis F : who are you?
In my case it is not a wet pully as it does it in the dry too. Even after replacing the revolution sensor it still fails.

I can see the magnetic clutch not engage when it should. I even tried switching the relay with the horn relay as it is the same.
87 grand National
Dennis F is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/25/2012, 06:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

Slyphen : who are you?
ok so im having the same problem today, but after stopping opening the hood and make sure my serpentine belt is tight, the light stopped flashing... any insight on this problem? (my check engine light is also on, it still is)
Slyphen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/30/2012, 09:16 AM   #19 (permalink)

TigerX : who are you?
Eclipse AC Light Flashing

I know this thread is probably dead... but My son's car started doing this out of the blue... Checked here all everyone's input and possible fixes... Although good advice and places to start... There's one more to add... There is a 3 wire, wire harness in black plastic or rubber tubing leading from the front of the compressor up to another wire harness sitting at the top of and to the right of the power steering pump. Which sits right above the A/C compressor. What we found is that over time the harness heats up and/or the clip releases and the harness falls forward about 2 inches.. Just enough for the fan blade tips to rub a section. I found the fan had come in contact here and rubbed a nice 2-3 inch section all the way down to the wire. Almost severing 2 of the 3 wires... All I did was cut 2 new sections of wire and add them into the ones that had been shaved down to 2or 3 wire strands.. Wrap everything up... and Viola !! the compressor stays on and the light no longer flashes...

So, while a high/low pressure, revolution sensor, belt tension, bad compressor, spacer scenario could be the issue? might as well check the wire harness while your in there.. could save you a ton of money and time...
TigerX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/30/2012, 03:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
HRT

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GT
HRT seems to be okayHRT seems to be okayHRT seems to be okayHRT seems to be okayHRT seems to be okayHRT seems to be okay
Great diagnostic, thanks for the info!
HRT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/01/2012, 08:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

Iceman77 : who are you?
My AC light was flashing, and the AC has not worked for a couple years now. Followed the Tearstone troubleshooting and was unable to hear the compressor clutch pull in when I energized it directly from the battery. I was going to replace the compressor, but saw another post on this forum that mentioned removing the shim between the compressor pulley and the compressor. All you have to do is remove a few plastic pieces to get at the compressor. Then a 14mm socket to remove the compressor pulley. The shim is directly behind the pulley. I reassembled minus the shim, and the AC works like a charm. The back of the pulley that acts as a clutch plate must have been so worn that it would not pull in tight enough to engage the compressor. Very easy and inexpensive fix.
Iceman77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/06/2013, 07:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

3g808gs : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman77 View Post
My AC light was flashing, and the AC has not worked for a couple years now. Followed the Tearstone troubleshooting and was unable to hear the compressor clutch pull in when I energized it directly from the battery. I was going to replace the compressor, but saw another post on this forum that mentioned removing the shim between the compressor pulley and the compressor. All you have to do is remove a few plastic pieces to get at the compressor. Then a 14mm socket to remove the compressor pulley. The shim is directly behind the pulley. I reassembled minus the shim, and the AC works like a charm. The back of the pulley that acts as a clutch plate must have been so worn that it would not pull in tight enough to engage the compressor. Very easy and inexpensive fix.
A/C Flashing Light Fix

possible fix... added pic's and write up to this thread... linking this in case someone is searching for the problem where the green light is flashing...
3g808gs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.