noise in dashboard. . .need help - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10/11/2010, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Out_Of_Ideas : who are you?
noise in dashboard. . .need help

I have a 2000 Ford Taurus and I just notice today there is a weird noise coming from the dashboard on the right passenger side. Its not all that loud but it is noticable only when you are inside the car. You can't hear a thing when you are outside of the car. What I can tell It runs perfectly fine. . . what can this noise be? And is it an easy fix?
Out_Of_Ideas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10/11/2010, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Vehicle: 2001 spyder gs
scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
just curious... do you even own an eclipse? i ask because you keep asking this eclipse forum about problems with your taurus. you do realize that taurus has nothing in common with am eclipse right?

anyway since your only description is a "noise" that narrows it down to... anything.

you got questions? we got answers: http://tearstone.com/shop/Factory-Service-Manuals/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00JStew3G View Post
If you want it done right, follow scarr's advice 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
scarr's right
scarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/11/2010, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Boobs!? WHERE!?!

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse 3.5L GT
Solar Klipse : who are you?Solar Klipse : who are you?Solar Klipse : who are you?Solar Klipse : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr View Post
just curious... do you even own an eclipse? i ask because you keep asking this eclipse forum about problems with your taurus. you do realize that taurus has nothing in common with am eclipse right?

anyway since your only description is a "noise" that narrows it down to... anything.
Well... he DOES have an aftermarket exhaust on it. Ugh, I hate Tauruses/Contours... worst cars ever made IMO.
You Got Electrical Questions? I've Got Answers!

6G72/74 Engine Swap
ECU Reflash/Tune (Courtesy of TX4Codeman)
AEM V2 CAI
RPW Long Tube Headers
KYB AGX Shocks
Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
EBC Slotted Rotors
Stoptech SS Brake Lines
F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch
F1 Racing Lightened Flywheel
Ingalls Stiffy Engine Damper
Solar Klipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/11/2010, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
---MCR---

Vehicle: 03 GS Spyder 5SPD
GS03Spyder : who are you?GS03Spyder : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_Of_Ideas View Post
I have a 2000 Ford Taurus and I just notice today there is a weird noise coming from the dashboard on the right passenger side. Its not all that loud but it is noticable only when you are inside the car. You can't hear a thing when you are outside of the car. What I can tell It runs perfectly fine. . . what can this noise be? And is it an easy fix?
1) WHY ARE YOU ASKING ABOUT PROBLEMS WITH A TAURUS ON AN ECLIPSE WEBSITE?

2) How the hell is anyone supposed to help you with such a vague description?

3) You didn't SEARCH!

enough said.
Old 10/11/2010, 08:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS03Spyder View Post
1) WHY ARE YOU ASKING ABOUT PROBLEMS WITH A TAURUS ON AN ECLIPSE WEBSITE?

2) How the hell is anyone supposed to help you with such a vague description?

3) You didn't SEARCH!

enough said.
what is he supposed to search for? "Taurus dash sounds"?

actually your best bet is to search in that thing called google, for a ford taurus website.

i personally love the sounds that come from my dash: when i turn the radio on, the center of my dash makes music come out.

you got questions? we got answers: http://tearstone.com/shop/Factory-Service-Manuals/
Quote:
Quote:
scarr's right
Old 10/11/2010, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
---MCR---

"what is he supposed to search for? "Taurus dash sounds?"

lol good point scarr my bad man. just trying to point people in the right direction

Last edited by GS03Spyder; 10/11/2010 at 08:54 PM.
GS03Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/11/2010, 08:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 WRX
Got Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
i personally love the sounds that come from my dash: when i turn the radio on, the center of my dash makes music come out.
The center of my dash doesn't have music coming out!!! (I think the person who had sound system installed in the car disconnected the center speaker)

If this was about an eclipse, I have the same problem. My invidia n1 makes the right side of my dash (somewhere inside it) rattle like effing crazy! And it's not the glove box, but something inside the dash....

My Old 2001 Eclipse
Got Rice Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/11/2010, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
---MCR---

the dash on my car rattles also. guess its just one of those things.....
Old 10/11/2010, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

well, Got Rice Boy,that is because no aftermarket stereos (that i know of) support a center channel speaker.

anyway, i had some rattles (since i loosened everything up at the track...) so i just unbolted EVERYTHING then re-tightened it all, adding some electrical tape here and there to tighten everything up (as an isolation thing.. not to tape it together, but to hold it slightly apart). all my rattles went away.

Quote:
Quote:
scarr's right
Old 10/11/2010, 11:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fuck salt.

Vehicle: 2005 Race Camry
JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via AIM to JermTheElf Send a message via Skype™ to JermTheElf
Quote:
well, Got Rice Boy,that is because no aftermarket stereos (that i know of) support a center channel speaker.

anyway, i had some rattles (since i loosened everything up at the track...) so i just unbolted EVERYTHING then re-tightened it all, adding some electrical tape here and there to tighten everything up (as an isolation thing.. not to tape it together, but to hold it slightly apart). all my rattles went away.
scarr I have an INSANE amount of rattles. I was thinking of making a project to remove all of my panels, and floor, and soundproofing. Then on the panel clips and edges, line them with felt... What do you think about that?
JermTheElf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.